JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 12,281 through 12,300 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ April 17 2013,13:15)
    THEREFORE: ALTHOUGH ADAM WAS EVIDENTLY ALIVE IN THE FLESH BODY, IN FACT HE WAS DEAD IN HIS SPIRIT! THEREFORE ALSO DEAD IN THE FLESH BODY! IN THAT SAME INSTANT!

I disagree, Charles. There is no scriptural support of such a thing.

And this new claim of yours is far away from proving Jesus died differently than we do.

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,April wrote:

[/quote]

ALTHOUGH  ADAM WAS  EVIDENTLY ALIVE IN THE FLESH BODY,  IN FACT HE WAS DEAD IN HIS SPIRIT! THEREFORE ALSO DEAD IN THE FLESH BODY! IN THAT SAME INSTANT![/

Mike,

Which part is not in scripture?

When  Adam sinned:

ALTHOUGH  ADAM WAS  EVIDENTLY ALIVE IN THE FLESH BODY,

SO: Adam was  alive in his flesh body. NO?

IN FACT HE WAS DEAD IN HIS SPIRIT!

Adam was dead in his spirit since Satan possessed  his soul through sin. No?

THEREFORE ALSO DEAD IN THE FLESH BODY!

FROM GOD'S POINT OF VIEW! NO?

ALL THIS HAPPENED AS SOON AS HE SINNED. NO?

IN THAT SAME INSTANT! NO?

Mike do you agree that JESUS WAS A PERFECT PARADOX IN EVERY SENSE?

OR AT LEAST NAME WHERE HE WASN'T

Peace and love in Jesus   PARADOX

Charles

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 18 2013,10:07)

Quote (jammin @ April 16 2013,21:26)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 17 2013,10:46)
    Yes jammin,

Kerwin and his father are two, individual beings who both share a human nature.

Are you saying that Jesus and his Father are two, individual beings who both share a “divine” nature?

two persons but have the same nature, God

But Kerwin and his father are two individual BEINGS who share a human nature.

So are you saying that Jesus and his Father are two individual BEINGS who share a divine nature?

it depends on how you use the word being

do you understand what i mean?

you said kerwin and his father are two individual BEINGS.
    yes it is true. in that sentence, the word “being” refer to persons.

so yes christ and his father are two individual “beings” (the word being here refers to persons)

therefore, christ and his father are two individual “PERSONS”

do you understand that mike?

being means persons.

study hard sunshine

kerwin
    Participant

Mike,

I believe Jammin is trying to say the person of Jesus and the person of God are one Yawheh without actually saying it. A sort of one degree of separation that separates him from the hard but unpleasant fact he is claiming 1 + 1 = 1;

Either that or he is claiming there is two Yahweh's and finds the fact of his making such a claim unpleasant.

Ed J
    Participant

I wonder what Origen's understanding of John 1:1 is?   NOT!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ April 18 2013,00:09)
    Which part is not in scripture?

Charles,

None of what you said in that last post is in any scripture that I know of.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ April 18 2013,05:39)

Okay, let me rephrase it:

Kerwin and his father are not only individual PERSONS, but also individual BEINGS.

Are Jesus and his Father individual BEINGS as well as being individual PERSONS?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 18 2013,14:15)
    Mike,

I believe Jammin is trying to say the person of Jesus and the person of God are one Yawheh without actually saying it. A sort of one degree of separation that separates him from the hard but unpleasant fact he is claiming 1 + 1 = 1;

Either that or he is claiming there is two Yahweh's and finds the fact of his making such a claim unpleasant.

Hi Kerwin,

Most Trinitarians do the same thing.  They can't come right out and clearly declare what they believe, because it sounds as much like nonsense to them when they say it out loud, as it does to us.  :)

For example, everything about jammin's understanding of Phil 2:6 says “God” is a SPECIES.  So he'll keep DESCRIBING this “species” understanding – but he can't bring himself to come right out and SAY IT……….. because he KNOWS how ludicrous it sounds.

Likewise, he'll keep DESCRIBING what can only add up to 1+1=1, but since he already KNOWS how ludicrous that is, he won't ever actually come right out and SAY IT.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 19 2013,11:14)

Quote (jammin @ April 18 2013,05:39)

Okay, let me rephrase it:

Kerwin and his father are not only individual PERSONS, but also individual BEINGS.

Are Jesus and his Father individual BEINGS as well as being individual PERSONS?

if being is used as BEINGS (with S), it refers to the person boy.

that means, two persons.

of course yes. the father and the son are two persons( beings)
    but one in nature, God.

just like kerwin and his father, they are two persons but one in nature, HUMAN

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 19 2013,07:15)
    Mike,

two persons (beings) but one in nature (form), God.

just like you and your father. you are two individual beings (persons) but you have the same form or you have one nature(form) and that is your human nature/form

do you understand that?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 19 2013,06:47)

Quote (kerwin @ April 19 2013,07:15)
    Mike,

two persons (beings) but one in nature (form), God.

just like you and your father. you are two individual beings (persons) but you have the same form or you have one nature(form) and that is your human nature/form

do you understand that?

Jammin,

I understand you are trying to be tricky by repeating what you have heard.

I have a form and my father has a form that is like mine. Our forms are both based on the pattern of humanity. We are two different people. Should I apply those words to Jesus and God then the output is there is two Yahwehs. The Trinity does not really make sense but many that teach it insist you have to believe it despite that. To aid their followers to believe it they strive to screen it incongruities with euphemisms and other things.

Lightenup
    Participant

There are two who are both called Yahweh, Kerwin. The Father gave His name to His Son also. There is Yahweh whom the Word is of and Yahweh who is the Word. Gen 15. They were with each other in the beginning. They are one.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ April 18 2013,19:18)
    They were with each other in the beginning. They are one.

I believe this is the kind of “tricky” language Kerwin was talking about. What exactly does that statement mean, Kathi?

In my mind, if they were WITH each other, then there are TWO of them. Yet you end your statement by saying “They are ONE”.

So I can agree that in the beginning, God Almighty and His firstborn Son were WITH each other, as two individual beings can often said to be WITH each other. And I can even agree that they were metaphorically “one” in purpose – like we are also suppose to be “one” with them.

So what you've stated is technically the truth, Kathi. But I don't think the way I've laid it out is the way YOU understand it. Tell me how YOU understand those words I've quoted you as saying.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 19 2013,07:18)
    There are two who are both called Yahweh, Kerwin. The Father gave His name to His Son also. There is Yahweh whom the Word is of and Yahweh who is the Word. Gen 15. They were with each other in the beginning. They are one.

LU,

You seem not to understand what is in a name. The people of our age seldom do. Joshua is the Lord is Salvation. That is who he is. Yawheh has many names including but not limited to the King of Kings, the Ancient of Ages, the Almighty, the Righteous One, and more. Which name or names did God give to Jesus?

Lightenup
    Participant

The two who are called Yahweh as individuals are together one Yahweh unity.

The Holy Elohim are He.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 18 2013,20:38)

Quote (Lightenup @ April 19 2013,07:18)

LU,

You seem not to understand what is in a name.  The people of our age seldom do. Joshua is the Lord is Salvation.  That is who he is.  Yawheh has many names including but not limited to the King of Kings, the Ancient of Ages, the Almighty, the Righteous One, and more. Which name or names did God give to Jesus?

Yahweh.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ April 18 2013,19:41)
    The two who are called Yahweh as individuals are together one Yahweh unity.

And is this “unity” ONE individual being? Or is it a unity made up of TWO individual beings?

Lightenup
    Participant

Two individual beings.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ April 18 2013,19:52)
    Two individual beings.

Okay Kathi. I too believe that the Father and the Son are TWO individual beings – not two “persons in one being”. (The latter is what jammin believes, but Kerwin and I feel he is too embarrassed of his own belief to come right out and say it.)

Lightenup
    Participant

Now Mike, jammin made it clear to you that it depends on how you use the word 'being.' He agrees with me that they are two individual beings in this quote:

t depends on how you use the word being

do you understand what i mean?

so yes christ and his father are two individual “beings” (the word being here refers to persons)

therefore, christ and his father are two individual “PERSONS”

do you understand that mike?

being means persons.

Viewing 20 posts - 12,281 through 12,300 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account