JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 12,221 through 12,240 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    4Thomas
    Participant

Islam and the jews still deny that God the Word came in the flesh – why follow that great city where jesus was crucified?? she indeed sits on 7 moutains, they are showed even in scripture and she has indeed been drunk on the saints blood that she killed. She has killed the prophets just as she has killed the Lord of Glory. She is waiting for her messiah which will be the Son of lawlessness, he will rebuild her to her former glory and allow her to offer the sacrifices that don't save.

God the Word came in the flesh
    He is my Lord and my God as Thomas proclaim after doubting, doubt no longer he loves you and he wont forsake.
    He is the truth and the truth will set you free

2 John 1:7
    I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

1 John 4:2
    This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,

Do you have knowledge of who and what type of angel Jesus was before he came in the flesh??

You are humble to admit that you believe Jesus is an angel but are you humble enought to admit that this is wrong.

truth in love

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (4Thomas @ April 12 2013,12:23)

Quote (jammin @ April 12 2013,15:18)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 12 2013,12:44)

Quote (jammin @ April 10 2013,21:15)
    of course jesus is not God the father.
    you must also know that there is God the only son.

That adds up to TWO Gods, jammin.  I believe in ONE Almighty God.

LOL

why did you say ALMIGHTY?

bec you believe that there is also god right? LOL

i believe that there are two persons but one in nature or essence.

just like you and your father. you are two persons but ONE in nature, HUMAN.

Christ and his father are one in nature, God.

Amen,
    they are one in nature (this is the truth otherwise you get into all sorts of weird doctrines and twisting of scriptures)

The Son is one with the Father also because the Father is the Eternal Origin of the Son also. The Fathers nature is in his true Son.

You can't have an Almighlty of nothing or a Father of nothing

Their is no greater testomony of the eternal display of the Fathers Almightly power than the revelation of the Fathers Son (Word).  

One in essence means the Father dwells in the Son just as the Son dwells in the Father

John 14:9 – 10
    Jesus answered: “Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

I have read your post mike and I have the answers for you, will post them probably after the weekend.
    Yes I believe Jesus is the greatest messager but to say that this is why you believe he is an angel is a huge leap of faith especially when scriptures reveals jesus as the great God and saviour not the great angel and saviour.

the Word was God

not the Word was an angel

the Word then became flesh.

4Thomas,

they are one in nature (this is the truth otherwise you get into all sorts of weird doctrines and twisting of scriptures)

Two Yahwehs are one in nature.  That is still is two Yawehs.  Two Johns are one in nature.  How many Johns are there?

I know you are trying to express the weird and contradictory teaching that 1 Yawheh plus 1 Yawheh = 1 Yawheh.  It is an irrational teaching that cannot be explained rationally.  When you attempt to do so it fails.

The teaching that Yawheh dwells in Jesus by the Saintly Spirit is a rational teaching.  Here is Jesus with Yawheh housed in him and doing his works; anyone looking over a long period would have to have eyes but not see in order not to observe Yawheh.

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,April wrote:

[/quote]

Now if Christ is being preached as raised from the dead, how can some of you say there is no resurrection of the dead?

It seems, that you still under the impression that I am dinying JESUS' PARTICULAR DEATH.

You are insisting that Jesus died a common death identically to ours!

Explain:

There is at least  ONE  particular person who died more then a thousand years ago!

His body is intact.

AND WHEN A BODY HAS NO LIFE, IT SHOULD BECOME DUST, TO CONFIRM THAT HE DIED LIKE ALL THE REST

BUT IF HIS BODY IS IN PERFECT CONDITION, WITHOUT ANY SMELL, OR A SIGN TO INDICATE ANY CORROSION, WHO WOULD CONFIRM THAT HE IS DEAD LIKE ALL THE REST?

Do you still consider him dead like those which their body are dust.

Since this particular body was simply rejected by his soul, and remained in his original flesh state.

THE BODY ITSELF IS THERE  AS A WITNESS!

HE IS NOT A SKELETON,OR ASH IN A JAR, BUT A PERFECT FLESH LIFLESS BODY!

SO TO ME, AND TO ALL THOSE WHO HAS SOME SALT WITHIN THEM DEFINITIELY SAY :

THIS PERSON IS NOT DEAD LIKE ALL THE REST

NOW THE SON OF GOD WAS DEFINITELY DIFFERENT EVEN FROM THIS PARTICULAR PERSON! NO?

SO SINCE THAT PERSON IS NOT IDENTICALLY DEAD LIKE ALL OF US,

JESUS DID NOT DIE LIKE WE DO

AND IT IS JUSTIFIED THAT SCRIPTURES NEVER SAID SO !

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,April wrote:

[/quote]

Charles, suppose Paul taught that Jesus died a DIFFERENT kind of death than the rest of us do.

Mike,

That’s my point!

If Jesus died like we do, He would have emphasized IT A HELL OF A LOT since it was EXTREMELY FUNDAMENTAL,but since REGARDING JESUS DEATH all his words WERE skeptical, it is a proof that he died a particular death!

All what is written regarding Jesus death is NOT IN FULL CLARITY,therefore skeptical.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (4Thomas @ April 12 2013,17:47)
    You are humble to admit that you believe Jesus is an angel but are you humble enought to admit that this is wrong.

truth in love

Hi Daniel,

To believe Jesus was an Angel is discarded these verses…

“For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee?” (Heb 1:5)

This is NOT a question of asking “who”, but instead it is a rhetorical question
    meaning there are NONE! And in case you don't believe me, look carefully at Heb 2:5.

“For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.” (Heb 2:5)

We need some more of Mike's mental gymnastics to explain away these; are you up to it Mike?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,April wrote:

[/quote]

God is one

Mike,

Since no one knows WHAT GOD IS the word or value of ONE IS also COMPOUND, apart that it remains a mystery!

ALSO:

Jesus WAS not a ONE ENTITY!

Jesus WAS THE  TIRUNE GOD HIMSELF : the WORD

The Son's spirit  was    JESUS' FLESH BODY

The Holy Spirit   was    JESUS' SOUL.

The Father        was    JESUS' SPIRIT

BAPTIZE THEM IN:

THE NAME OF:

THE FATHER, AND OF THE SON, AND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT!

Why not in the name of God the Father? or God almighty?

because JESUS INHERITED ALL FOR ETERNITY!

FROM THEN ON  ONLY JESUS!

NOTICE ALSO THAT THE WORD SON IS USED, NOT JESUS.FOR THE SIMPLE REASON THAT JESUS IS  THE TRIUNE GOD:

IN THE BEING  JESUS. THE WORD

IN FACT IT WAS CALLED JESUS' BAPTIZM!

Acts 19:2 And he said to them: Have you received the Holy Ghost since ye believed

5 Having heard these things, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus

First Paul asked them if they received the Holy Ghost, then he baptized them in the name of Jesus.

also :

Matthew 3:11……….he shall baptize you in the Holy Ghost and fire.

therefore HE JESUS (THE SON) shall baptize you in the Holy Ghost , and Fire.(THE FATHER)

THE TRIUNE GOD ATTRIBUTES.

So Jesus IS TRULY God

So Jesus on EARTH within him had both the Father, and the Holy Spirit!

THE GODHEAD bodily!

Then THEY were restored  again and united themselves eternally as ONE after Jesus' resurrection and became THE ONLY TRUE GOD. the only time that GOD BECAME A ONE ENTITY IN THE TRUTH! AND ETERNALLY!

Jesus' spirit is STILL in the entire creation as the MEDIATOR, BOTH MATERIAL and SPIRITUAL as THE MANIFESTATION OF the triune GOD.

Peace and love in JESUS

Charles

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ April 11 2013,22:18)

LOL

Yes, I believe there exists the exact amount of gods that the scriptures tell us about…………… and that is “MANY gods, both in heaven and on earth”.  (1 Cor 8:5)  

And I believe there is only ONE “Most High God” (as the name “MOST HIGH” implies).  I believe that Jesus is not that MOST HIGH God, but the Son OF Him – because that's exactly what the scriptures tell me.

I and my father share a nature because we both belong to the SPECIES known as “humankind”.  But we are not the same exact BEING, are we?

So are you saying that Jesus and his God both belong to the SPECIES knowns as “God”?  And even if “God” was a SPECIES (which He isn't), your analogy still wouldn't answer how they can be the same BEING within that species, jammin.

God is NOT a “nature”.  And God is NOT a “species”.  Therefore, your analogy has NEVER worked – not even once out of the 1000 times you've posted this same thing.  And it never WILL work, either.  It's time to let that one go.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (4Thomas @ April 12 2013,00:23)
    I have read your post mike and I have the answers for you, will post them probably after the weekend.
    Yes I believe Jesus is the greatest messager but to say that this is why you believe he is an angel is a huge leap of faith especially when scriptures reveals jesus as the great God and saviour not the great angel and saviour.

Okie -dokie, Daniel. I'm in no hurry. Post when you can.

I won't respond to the comments you made here, or else we'll be having the same discussion in two threads – which gets a little hectic. :)

Have a great weekend!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 12 2013,01:17)
    Two Yahwehs are one in nature. That is still is two Yawehs. Two Johns are one in nature. How many Johns are there?

I know you are trying to express the weird and contradictory teaching that 1 Yawheh plus 1 Yawheh = 1 Yawheh. It is an irrational teaching that cannot be explained rationally. When you attempt to do so it fails.

Well put, Kerwin. Simple, yet undeniable.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ April 12 2013,08:17)
    There is at least  ONE  particular person who died more then a thousand years ago!

His body is intact.

AND WHEN A BODY HAS NO LIFE, IT SHOULD BECOME DUST, TO CONFIRM THAT HE DIED LIKE ALL THE REST

Charles,

Don't allow the fact that God didn't allow Jesus' body to see decay to confuse you into thinking he didn't actually die.

Didn't you read my post, Charles?  Why don't you answer the big, bolded question at the bottom of it?  Why don't you tell us how Jesus can be the first of many who die and are raised if he didn't REALLY die?

Quote (carmel @ April 12 2013,08:17)
    Do you still consider him dead like those which their body are dust.

Don't be silly.  Scripture tells us that his God and our God raised him from his death.  Jesus himself told us, I was dead, but behold, I live forevermore.  And Paul told us that since Jesus died and was raised from death by his God, he cannot die AGAIN.  Death NO LONGER has mastery over him.

Charles, when do you suppose death EVER had mastery over God Almighty?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 13 2013,13:03)

LOL

Yes, I believe there exists the exact amount of gods that the scriptures tell us about…………… and that is “MANY gods, both in heaven and on earth”.  (1 Cor 8:5)  

And I believe there is only ONE “Most High God” (as the name “MOST HIGH” implies).  I believe that Jesus is not that MOST HIGH God, but the Son OF Him – because that's exactly what the scriptures tell me.

I and my father share a nature because we both belong to the SPECIES known as “humankind”.  But we are not the same exact BEING, are we?

So are you saying that Jesus and his God both belong to the SPECIES knowns as “God”?  And even if “God” was a SPECIES (which He isn't), your analogy still wouldn't answer how they can be the same BEING within that species, jammin.

God is NOT a “nature”.  And God is NOT a “species”.  Therefore, your analogy has NEVER worked – not even once out of the 1000 times you've posted this same thing.  And it never WILL work, either.  It's time to let that one go.

what are you talking about sunshine?

your father is a human BEING and you are also a HUMAN BEING.

do you understand that? LOL

take some meds

jammin
    Participant

mike,

believe it or not, God is a nature and you can read that in phil 2.6
    God is a form

Christ has the form of God.

HUMAN is a form and you have that form. you are not an animal mike so do not make a difference between you and your father

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 12 2013,17:17)

Quote (jammin @ April 12 2013,10:16)

Quote (kerwin @ April 12 2013,05:55)

Quote (jammin @ April 11 2013,09:15)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 11 2013,11:32)

Quote (carmel @ April 10 2013,00:32)
    NOT AS YOU SAID MIKE, I'M AFRAID HE GAVE HIM   a ton of authorityBUT

HE GAVE HIM THE ENTIRE AUTHORITY.

That's right, Charles.  Jesus' God gave Jesus “all authority in heaven and on earth”, right?

Just that one little verse is enough to prove that Jesus is not the “God” who gave him all this authority.

who said that? those who believe that jesus is the father are oneness.

Jamein,

So you claim there is both Yawheh the Father and Yawheh the Son.  That makes you polytheistic.

I will go with the monotheistic Yawheh of Jesus, Abraham, and Isaac.

Jammin,

That is still two Yahwehs just as my father and I are two humans.

I worship only one Yawheh and give obeisance to King Jesus above others just as David did when Saul was king.

not two yahwehs but two persons

you and your father are two persons but one in nature and that HUMAN nature.
    christ and his father are two persons but one nature, God

they have the same form , God
    phil 2.6

jammin
    Participant

Quote (4Thomas @ April 12 2013,17:23)

Quote (jammin @ April 12 2013,15:18)

LOL

Amen,

The Son is one with the Father also because the Father is the Eternal Origin of the Son also. The Fathers nature is in his true Son.

You can't have an Almighlty of nothing or a Father of nothing

Their is no greater testomony of the eternal display of the Fathers Almightly power than the revelation of the Fathers Son (Word).  

One in essence means the Father dwells in the Son just as the Son dwells in the Father

John 14:9 – 10
    Jesus answered: “Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

the Word was God

not the Word was an angel

the Word then became flesh.

thanks bro :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ April 12 2013,10:46)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 12 2013,13:03)
    Charles, suppose Paul taught that Jesus died a DIFFERENT kind of death than the rest of us do.

Mike,

That’s my point!

If Jesus died like we do, He would have emphasized IT A HELL OF A LOT since it was EXTREMELY FUNDAMENTAL,but since REGARDING JESUS DEATH all his words WERE skeptical, it is a proof that he died a particular death!

How much better could he have said it, Charles? He point blank told us that the reason WE humans have hope in a resurrection is because God already did raise Jesus from the dead.

In what world is that being “skeptical”? You have already shown that you don't know of one single scripture that says Jesus died differently than we all die, right? So what grounds exactly are you using to argue in favor of your point? ???

The fact that Paul didn't come right out and say, “JESUS DIED EXACTLY LIKE WE ALL DIE” is hardly reason enough for you to claim that he died differently than we do.

Unless you have a clear scripture that says Jesus died differently than the rest of us die, I see no point in discussing this any further.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ April 12 2013,14:28)
    So Jesus IS TRULY God

No Charles,

Jesus is the SON OF God. God Almighty doesn't have a God of His own, but Jesus does. In fact, the God of Jesus is the same exact God who is the God of us.

So unless the God OF Jesus is a triune being, then neither is our God – for they are both one and the same.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ April 12 2013,20:20)
    your father is a human BEING and you are also a HUMAN BEING.

But are we two different persons in the SAME being, jammin?

If we are not, then your analogy fails miserably.  (It has failed for months, but you're just too stubborn to admit it.)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ April 12 2013,20:23)
    not two yahwehs but two persons

Is the person “Jesus” Yahweh?

Is the person “the Father” Yahweh?

If BOTH of these TWO persons are “Yahweh”, it adds up to TWO Yahwehs.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ April 12 2013,20:21)
    believe it or not, God is a nature and you can read that in phil 2.6

No jammin,

“Natures” aren't called “He”, or “Father”.  PERSONS are called by those names – not “natures”.

And Phil 2 doesn't say anything of the sort.

jammin, I'm not one bit surprised that you worship a NATURE as your God and Creator. That nonsensical notion falls right in line with all of your other ones.

Were you created in the image of a “nature”, jammin? ??? Lay off the mosquito coil for a while, okay?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Ed,

Daniel and I will be discussing that issue in the “Where is God?” thread. Join in there if you dare. :)

Viewing 20 posts - 12,221 through 12,240 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account