JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 11,701 through 11,720 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Jammin,

dont you read in the bible that he took the  nature of a servant? he became human.

you should read first your bible before making any conclusions.
    actually, it does not tell in the verse that he is not God.
    the bible says he is God.
    john 1.1-14
    phil 2.6
    john 20.28
    and many more

I have read my bible and I believe it when it states that God cannot be tempted, nor can he sin.
    Since I believe it I can assure you anyone who is tempted even as is common to man is not God.
    Jesus was tempted even as is common to man and therefore is not Yahweh.

I know what men have told you and insisted you must believe but it does not change the fact that God, being the one true God, cannot be tempted by evil, and Jesus was, and therefore is not the one true God.

I already covered John 1:1-14, Philippians 2:, John 20:28, and many more and showed how they are at best hard to understand passages that those who are lacking knowledge or who are corrupt misinterpret.   It is by the power of Yahweh that we gain the understanding to spot these snares and the wisdom to avoid and escape them.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Kerwin,

Some are just unwilling to reason together. (ref. Isaiah 1:18)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 09 2013,17:37)
    Jammin,

dont you read in the bible that he took the  nature of a servant? he became human.

you should read first your bible before making any conclusions.
    actually, it does not tell in the verse that he is not God.
    the bible says he is God.
    john 1.1-14
    phil 2.6
    john 20.28
    and many more

I have read my bible and I believe it when it states that God cannot be tempted, nor can he sin.
    Since I believe it I can assure you anyone who is tempted even as is common to man is not God.
    Jesus was tempted even as is common to man and therefore is not Yahweh.

I know what men have told you and insisted you must believe but it does not change the fact that God, being the one true God, cannot be tempted by evil, and Jesus was, and therefore is not the one true God.

I already covered John 1:1-14, Philippians 2:, John 20:28, and many more and showed how they are at best hard to understand passages that those who are lacking knowledge or who are corrupt misinterpret.   It is by the power of Yahweh that we gain the understanding to spot these snares and the wisdom to avoid and escape them.

are you sure you are reading your bible?
    maybe you dont understand what paul said

let me post the verse
    Philippians 2:6-7

New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Though he was God,[a]
    he did not think of equality with God
    as something to cling to.
    7 Instead, he gave up his divine privileges;
    he took the humble position of a slave[c]
    and was born as a human being.
    When he appeared in human form,[d]

do you understand what verse says?
    he gave up his DIVINE PRIVILEGES..
    was born as a human being
    WHEN HE APPEARED IN HUMAN FORM

do you understand that? read it over and over again.
    may God open your eyes

kerwin
    Participant

Jammin,

let me post the verse

6 Though he was God,[a]

may God open your eyes

The NLT is a poor translation as the translators also interpreted, even more that normal.  There is nothing that can be translated to “divine privileges” though “emptied himself” can be interpreted that way.

Let us say that God, of who there is but one, does evil and gives up his divine privilege of not being tempted by evil.  At that point there is no longer the God because there is but one God and that God, in order to be God, cannot be tempted by evil.

In conclusion you infer that Jesus is not Yawheh because he has no divine privileges while at the same time you explicitly claim he is Yawheh and so break your own words.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 09 2013,12:54)
    Hi Kerwin,

Some are just unwilling to reason together.  (ref. Isaiah 1:18)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.

Ed. J.,

I hear you.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 09 2013,20:14)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 09 2013,12:54)
    Hi Kerwin,

Some are just unwilling to reason together.  (ref. Isaiah 1:18)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.

Ed. J.,

I hear you.

2 Tim 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 09 2013,17:37)

Kerwin………….> Amen to that brother. It takes the Spirit of Truth to see those errors on that i agree.

peace and love to you and yours………………………………..gene

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 09 2013,20:13)
    Jammin,

let me post the verse

6 Though he was God,[a]

may God open your eyes

The NLT is a poor translation as the translators also interpreted, even more that normal.  There is nothing that can be translated to “divine privileges” though “emptied himself” can be interpreted that way.

Let us say that God, of who there is but one, does evil and gives up his divine privilege of not being tempted by evil.  At that point there is no longer the God because there is but one God and that God, in order to be God, cannot be tempted by evil.

In conclusion you infer that Jesus is not Yawheh because he has no divine privileges while at the same time you explicitly claim he is Yawheh and so break your own words.

do you understand what phil 2.6-7 said?

you said:In conclusion you infer that Jesus is not Yawheh because he has no divine privileges while at the same time you explicitly claim he is Yawheh and so break your own words.

did i say that?

the bible said that God became human. phil 2.6
    cant you accept that? you are saying NLT is a poor translation bec it does not support your imagination. commentaries also agree that God (not the father but the son) became human.

let me again phil 2.6 but i will not use NLT this time

Amplified Bible (AMP)

6 Who, although being essentially one with God and in the form of God [[a]possessing the fullness of the attributes which make God God], did not think this equality with God was a thing to be eagerly grasped [c]or retained,

7 But stripped Himself [of all privileges and [d]rightful dignity], so as to assume the guise of a servant (slave), in that He became like men and was born a human being.

do you understand that?im sure you will make an excuse again bec that verse does not support your imagination LOL

jammin
    Participant

let me post a commentary
    Geneva Study Bible

Who, being in the {d} form of God, {e} thought it not robbery to be {f} equal with God:

(d) Such as God himself is, and therefore God, for there is no one in all parts equal to God but God himself.

(e) Christ, that glorious and everlasting God, knew that he might rightfully and lawfully not appear in the base flesh of man, but remain with majesty fit for God: yet he chose rather to debase himself.

(f) If the Son is equal with the Father, then is there of necessity an equality, which Arrius that heretic denies: and if the Son is compared to the Father, then is there a distinction of persons, which Sabellius that heretic denies.

see kerwin, you cant accept that truth bec what you are saying is a false doctrine. the father has a SON and his son is like him.
    he is God.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin,

More words of men, huh? Men's words
    are what cause people to believe error, what
    makes you think that men's words are truth anyway?

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 08 2013,19:29)
    thanks for the answer. you believe that you are Equal to your father.

then accept christ is equal to his father.

I do believe that the anointed one OF our ONE and ONLY God is equal to his Father in many ways.  They have both existed from before the world was created.  They are both spirit beings.  I'm sure I could list a hundred other things in which the Son OF God is equal to the God who begot him before the ages.

But then, I could also list a hundred ways WE are equal to the God in whose image we were created.  Both God and humans can communicate through spoken language.  We are equal to God in that respect.  Both God and humans can see.  We are equal to our God in that respect.  Both God and humans have souls.  We are equal to our God in that respect.

So, I and my father have the same nature, which is “flesh nature”.  Jesus and his Father have the same nature, which is “spirit nature”.  And just as I am equal to my father in that we are both flesh, Jesus is equal to his Father in that they are both spirit beings.  All the other spirit sons of God are equal to their Father in that same way. But that doesn't make any of those spirit sons of God the very God they are equal to in nature.

jammin, talking to you is such a waste of time.  I have one question for you:

John 20:17
    I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.

If the Father of Jesus IS your Father, why isn't the God of Jesus your God?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 09 2013,18:23)
    let me post a commentary
    Geneva Study Bible

Who, being in the {d} form of God…………

(d) Such as God himself is, and therefore God, for there is no one in all parts equal to God but God himself.

And what scripture says the SERVANT of God is equal to God “in all parts”?  I believe your commentator is adding things into the scripture. Not only that, I believe he might have been drunk when he made the claim that no one could be EQUAL TO God but God Himself. Those words don't even make sense.

jammin, can you be EQUAL TO yourself? YES or NO?

Do you believe that God is a BEING, complete with a soul?  YES or NO?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 10 2013,12:10)

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 09 2013,18:23)
    let me post a commentary
    Geneva Study Bible

Who, being in the {d} form of God…………

And what scripture says the SERVANT of God is equal to God “in all parts”?  I believe your commentator is adding things into the scripture.  Not only that, I believe he might have been drunk when he made the claim that no one could be EQUAL TO God but God Himself.  Those words don't even make sense.

jammin, can you be EQUAL TO yourself?  YES or NO?

Do you believe that God is a BEING, complete with a soul?  YES or NO?

do you understand the sentence? LOL

i think you dont.
    you are asking me if i can be equal to myself. LOL
    you are out your mind.

the commentary said about the nature boy! he did not say you can be equal to yourself.
    the son is God just like his father. they are both God by nature.
    that is what he meant.

you and your father are equal. MAN is equal to MAN! that means you are equal bec of your nature!

now you are asking me if where in the scripture says in all parts.

here is what the bible says
    Philippians 2:6

Amplified Bible (AMP)

6 Who, although being essentially one with God and in the form of God [possessing the fullness of the attributes which make God God], did not think this equality with God was a thing to be eagerly grasped [c]or retained,

do you understand the bold letters? you should read over and over again boy

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 10 2013,12:08)

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 08 2013,19:29)
    thanks for the answer. you believe that you are Equal to your father.

then accept christ is equal to his father.

I do believe that the anointed one OF our ONE and ONLY God is equal to his Father in many ways.  They have both existed from before the world was created.  They are both spirit beings.  I'm sure I could list a hundred other things in which the Son OF God is equal to the God who begot him before the ages.

But then, I could also list a hundred ways WE are equal to the God in whose image we were created.  Both God and humans can communicate through spoken language.  We are equal to God in that respect.  Both God and humans can see.  We are equal to our God in that respect.  Both God and humans have souls.  We are equal to our God in that respect.

So, I and my father have the same nature, which is “flesh nature”.  Jesus and his Father have the same nature, which is “spirit nature”.  And just as I am equal to my father in that we are both flesh, Jesus is equal to his Father in that they are both spirit beings.  All the other spirit sons of God are equal to their Father in that same way.  But that doesn't make any of those spirit sons of God the very God they are equal to in nature.

jammin, talking to you is such a waste of time.  I have one question for you:

John 20:17
    I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.

If the Father of Jesus IS your Father, why isn't the God of Jesus your God?

thanks you accept now the truth the you are equal with your father.

you said flesh nature. LOL
    man is limited. do you agree? your father is limited and so as you. do you agree?
    man is not immortal. your father is not immortal. you are also not immortal. do you believe that?

i know you will answer yes. LOL

God is not a MAN. Christ is God BUT HE BECAME HUMAN! he became like us! that is what paul trying to say in phil 2.6-7!
    he came from heaven to earth to show the way.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 10 2013,11:43)
    Hi Jammin,

More words of men, huh? Men's words
    are what cause people to believe error, what
    makes you think that men's words are truth anyway?

God bless

what? those are wrtten words in the bible.
    you cant accept that bec that is not your belief.
    so for you if it is not written, it is the word of GOD? LOL

i can read Christ is the WORD OF GOD in john 1.1

you believe that the WORD in john 1.1 is the HS but you cant give me any single version for your imagination. LOL
    and you believe that your doctrine is the truth? even if you cant read those words in the bible >? LOL
    that only exists in your imagination boy

kerwin
    Participant

Jammin,

do you understand what phil 2.6-7 said?

you said:In conclusion you infer that Jesus is not Yawheh because he has no divine privileges while at the same time you explicitly claim he is Yawheh and so break your own words.

did i say that?

I said you inferred Jesus is not Yawheh since that is the logical conclusion of God giving up his divine privilages.
    I said you explicityly claim Jesus is Yawheh becaus you declare Jesus is the one true God; whose name is Yawheh.

So yes you did say that, though you seem not to see truth in that your teaching is broken in many places.

the bible said that God became human. phil 2.6

I see no reason to cover such an unreasonable statement yet again.  Yawheh being God will not become human and leave us without God. What he does is to dwell in us through his Spirit.  Jesus having the Spiritual nature of Yawheh saw equality with Yawheh as something not to be grasped but made himself nothing by taking on the Spiritual nature of a servant.

you are saying NLT is a poor translation bec it does not support your imagination. commentaries also agree that God (not the father but the son) became human.

I am saying it is a lousy translation because it is a thought for thought translation by those that sprout contaradictions.  The Amplified Bibble adds words as well as commentary and so may not be much better.  The Genevah bible itself apears to fall in normal range of reliability but the comments in the study version are statements of doctrine.

…commentaries also agree that God (not the father but the son) became human.

These “teachers” teach that there is a Yawheh the Father and a Yawheh the Son.  That is two true Gods where there is only one true God. To resolve that some state 2=1 in their suspention of unbelief of their own words.

see kerwin, you cant accept that truth bec what you are saying is a false doctrine. the father has a SON and his son is like him.
    he is God.

A teaching full of breakes is not from the God of Jesus; who teaches us God's Word cannot be broken. There are no breaks in the teaching that the Son is like the Father in that he is full of the Spirit.

jammin
    Participant

kerwin said: Yawheh being God will not become human

where in the bible can you read that?

you are not accepting those facts even if it's written in the bible bec you want doctrines of men.

your doctrine is not in the bible and yet you want people to believe those non sense words. your doctrine is not supported by the bible.
    if you want, you can make your own bible to support your imagination LOL

mikeboll64
    Blocked

jammin,

Is God a BEING? Or is God a NATURE?

Which one?

Is God the Father a nature, like “Mother Nature”? Do you pray to “Father Nature”, jammin?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 10 2013,06:32)
    So yes you did say that, though you seem not to see truth in that your teaching is broken in many places.

Amen.

abe
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 10 2013,17:22)
    kerwin said: Yawheh being God will not become human

where in the bible can you read that?

you are not accepting those facts even if it's written in the bible bec you want doctrines of men.

your doctrine is not in the bible and yet you want people to believe those non sense words. your doctrine is not supported by the bible.
    if you want, you can make your own bible to support your imagination LOL

Hi Jammin,

Nu.23:19 God is not a man that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will he not do it? Or has He spoken, and will he not make it good?

Peace….

Viewing 20 posts - 11,701 through 11,720 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account