JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 11,681 through 11,700 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 04 2013,11:59)

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 03 2013,18:48)
    commentaries also support my view.

Scriptures and commentaries also support the existence of “lesser gods”, jammin.  Yet you say there are no “little gods”.

If there are not any “lesser gods”, then who are the gods that Jehovah is the God OF?  He is the God OF gods, right?  Who are these gods?

lesser gods if you REFER IT TO HUMAN and not to CHRIST boy.

Christ is the ONLY SON OF GOD. he came from heaven to earth.
    are humans like Christ? do they live in heaven and came down to earth?

you are out of your mind

Christ is not a little god. the son is like the father.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Well, did the “big God”, Jehovah, ever come to earth and die?  Did the Father ever be a SERVANT to anyone or anything?  Does the Father (the “big God”) ever PRAY to anyone?  Did He ever make Himself lower than the angels?

The answer to all of these is “NO”.

Therefore, the Father (the “big” God) must be a bigger God than the god He SENT into the world to die for us.

Even your Lord Jesus tells you that the one sent is not as great as the one who sends him.

jammin, you place them as EQUALS in your mind, simply because you were taught this by men.  But one of them is the SERVANT of the other.  What part of that adds up to “equality”?

kerwin
    Participant

Jammin,

You quoted a version of Philippians 2:6 that included some inline comments; the interpretation of those who lack understanding.

You are attempting to claim Jesus is in essence both Yawheh and human.  This claim depends on two assumptions, the first is that nature = essence and the second is that servant = human.

In short you are claiming that Jesus being God, saw it not robbery to be equal to himself, emptied himself of being God, changed himself to a human.

So it seems you believe that Jesus the human and ex-Yahweh walked among mankind.

Lets look at my belief.  Does other Scriptures support my understanding that Jesus having the very disposition/temperament saw equality with God as not being an issue but instead humbled himself taking on the disposition/temperament of a servant.  There is no ex-Yahweh inferred or implied by what I believe.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 04 2013,14:37)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 04 2013,11:59)

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 03 2013,18:48)
    commentaries also support my view.

Scriptures and commentaries also support the existence of “lesser gods”, jammin.  Yet you say there are no “little gods”.

If there are not any “lesser gods”, then who are the gods that Jehovah is the God OF?  He is the God OF gods, right?  Who are these gods?

lesser gods if you REFER IT TO HUMAN and not to CHRIST boy.

Christ is the ONLY SON OF GOD. he came from heaven to earth.
    are humans like Christ? do they live in heaven and came down to earth?

you are out of your mind

Christ is not a little god. the son is like the father.

Jammin,

John 1:6
    King James Version (KJV)

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

carmel
    Participant

Gene wrote:

[/quote]

Mike……Jesus said God is “A” Spirit Being Spirit “IT” can indwell any flesh body

Gene,

God indwell only IN HIS SON'S FLESH BODY.

HIS OWN GENUINE SUBSTANCE!!!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Jan. 07 2013,01:57)

Gene wrote:

Mike……Jesus said God is “A” Spirit Being Spirit “IT” can indwell any flesh body

Gene,

God indwell only IN HIS SON'S FLESH BODY.

HIS OWN GENUINE SUBSTANCE!!!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Carmel,

John 17
    King James Version (KJV)

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Is Jesus asking that his essence and Yahweh's essence be in believers just as Yahweh's essence is in Jesus?

or

Is Jesus asking that his temperament and Yahweh's temperament be in believers just as Yahweh's temperament is in Jesus?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 06 2013,04:22)
    Well, did the “big God”, Jehovah, ever come to earth and die?  Did the Father ever be a SERVANT to anyone or anything?  Does the Father (the “big God”) ever PRAY to anyone?  Did He ever make Himself lower than the angels?

The answer to all of these is “NO”.

Therefore, the Father (the “big” God) must be a bigger God than the god He SENT into the world to die for us.

Even your Lord Jesus tells you that the one sent is not as great as the one who sends him.

jammin, you place them as EQUALS in your mind, simply because you were taught this by men.  But one of them is the SERVANT of the other.  What part of that adds up to “equality”?

are you and your father NOT equal by nature???
    are you an alien mike? half MAN and half alien? LOL

you are BOTH HUMAN! and that makes you equal!

cant you accept the truth that the father has a SON? his SON is like him! he is also God. not a little god!
    do not compare Christ to HUMANS! he came from heaven to earth! he is God just like his father!

paul said they are equal!
    Philippians 2:6

New International Version (NIV)

6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

but he did not consider that equality mike. rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant. being made in human likeness.

do you understand that? read well your bible boy

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 06 2013,10:00)
    Jammin,

You quoted a version of Philippians 2:6 that included some inline comments; the interpretation of those who lack understanding.

You are attempting to claim Jesus is in essence both Yawheh and human.  This claim depends on two assumptions, the first is that nature = essence and the second is that servant = human.

In short you are claiming that Jesus being God, saw it not robbery to be equal to himself, emptied himself of being God, changed himself to a human.

So it seems you believe that Jesus the human and ex-Yahweh walked among mankind.

Lets look at my belief.  Does other Scriptures support my understanding that Jesus having the very disposition/temperament saw equality with God as not being an issue but instead humbled himself taking on the disposition/temperament of a servant.  There is no ex-Yahweh inferred or implied by what I believe.

the bible said that.
    cant you accept that the son did that?
    the son is like his father. he is God. like father like son!

the bible said that. john 1.14

the son came from heaven to earth to show the way.
    God is good.
    man cant accept those facts. you are like some of the jews. they cant accept that. that is why they want Christ to die bec Christ is claiming to be God!
    dont you read that in john?
    here is the verse
    john 10
    30 I and the Father are one.”

31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

the jews understand what Christ is trying to say. they said Christ is claiming to be God!
    you are like the jews who cant accept that truth.

Christians believe he is God just like his father.
    thomas said that
    John 20:28

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

believe it or not

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

JammIng…….All who are doing the will of God by the spirit of God in them are the children of God even now.  Thomas did not say My LORD GOD, now did he?  But said My Lord “and” my God. Jesus said over and over God the Father was “in” him. Never did he say he was the Father that was “in” him, now did he? You need to start to believe Jesus that the Father was truly “in” him. Never did Jesus ever make himself out to be the Father that was   “in” him. Now with that understanding what do you think Thomas was saying?

Peace and love to you and yours…………………………gene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 08 2013,02:07)
    JammIng…….All who are doing the will of God by the spirit of God in them are the children of God even now.  Thomas did not say My LORD GOD, now did he?  But said My Lord “and” my God. Jesus said over and over God the Father was “in” him. Never did he say he was the Father that was “in” him, now did he? You need to start to believe Jesus that the Father was truly “in” him. Never did Jesus ever make himself out to be the Father that was   “in” him. Now with that understanding what do you think Thomas was saying?

That's right Gene, when are people going to get this?

Thomas finally believed the works, which was Jesus' resurrection.

Point #1:  My Lord      …Acknowledging Jesus' Lordship over death
                       And              (the Spirit of [GOD] that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you  (Romans 8:11))                    
    Point #2:  My God       …Acknowledging that “GOD” was truly IN him
                                           (believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me  (John 10:38))

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 07 2013,09:46)

Jammin,

the bible said that.

God is good.
    man cant accept those facts. you are like some of the jews. they cant accept that. that is why they want Christ to die bec Christ is claiming to be God!
    here is the verse
    john 10

31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

the jews understand what Christ is trying to say. they said Christ is claiming to be God!

thomas said that

believe it or not

Jammin,

Yawheh, the Father, lives by his Spirit.
    Jesus, the Son, lives by the same Spirit.
    As you wrote like Father like Son.

Unbelieving Jews lack creditability.  Never the less Jesus answered them by pointing out that those that received the Law are called gods and so in relationship to them it is only appropriate to call the one that the true God sanctified and sent into the world, God.  He then stated he is the Son of God.

A father is not his son nor is a son his father.  They are two different individuals.

Once again Thomas was expressing his faith that Jesus was raised from the dead and not calling Jesus his God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 06 2013,21:41)

Actually, he did not consider equality with God something to be GRASPED.

But either way jammin, one cannot possibly be equal TO God, and BE God at the same time.

It would be like saying, “jammin is equal to jammin”.  ???

Sane people would just roll their eyes if you made that claim, right?  That's why sane people also roll their eyes when Trinitarians try to explain to us how the Son OF our one and only God can actually BE that very one and only God he is the Son OF.    :p

(Btw, what does footnote “A” say in that translation you quoted? :) )

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 08 2013,12:45)

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 06 2013,21:41)

Actually, he did not consider equality with God something to be GRASPED.

But either way jammin, one cannot possibly be equal TO God, and BE God at the same time.

It would be like saying, “jammin is equal to jammin”.  ???

Sane people would just roll their eyes if you made that claim, right?  That's why sane people also roll their eyes when Trinitarians try to explain to us how the Son OF our one and only God can actually BE that very one and only God he is the Son OF.    :p

(Btw, what does footnote “A” say in that translation you quoted?  :) )

dont you understand my sentence?
    ill repeat
    you are human just like your father and that makes your equal with your father.
    you are both HUMAN by nature.
    are you half alien or animal and half HUMAN?LOL

believe it or not
    the son is also God by nature just like his father

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 08 2013,12:35)

Jammin,

the bible said that.

God is good.
    here is the verse
    john 10

thomas said that

believe it or not

Jammin,

Unbelieving Jews lack creditability.  Never the less Jesus answered them by pointing out that those that received the Law are called gods and so in relationship to them it is only appropriate to call the one that the true God sanctified and sent into the world, God.  He then stated he is the Son of God.

A father is not his son nor is a son his father.  They are two different individuals.

Once again Thomas was expressing his faith that Jesus was raised from the dead and not calling Jesus his God.

ofcourse the father is not the son.

you should understand first my sentence.
    the bible said that the son is like his father. he is God by nature. believe it or not

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 08 2013,02:07)

did i say that the father was not IN HIM?
    you must be out of your mind. read my words first.

i said the son is like his father. he is God by nature

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jammin……….I may have taken you wrong, i thought you believed in the Trinity “God the Father, God the Son, God the holy Spirit” all as one and the same thing. If you understand that God the Father as a “seperate Spirt” was truly “IN” Jesus, but was not Jesus himself, then I apologies to you. I do agree who ever has God the Fathers Spirit “IN” them have the Nature of God also, Just as Jesus did.

I am perrty old but i hope i am not out of my mind yet brother.

peace and love to you and yours……………………………………………………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 08 2013,13:17)

Jammin,

the bible said that.

God is good.
    here is the verse
    john 10

thomas said that

believe it or not

Jammin,

the bible said that the son is like his father. he is God by nature. believe it or not

Jammin,

Jesus has the same nature as God because he did not sin.
    Jesus has a different nature than God because he was tempted by evil.
    Therefore Jesus is not God as Yawheh is God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 08 2013,01:16)

Yes jammin,

I can be EQUAL TO my father, only because me and my father are separate entities, or beings. Cain could be EQUAL TO Adam in nature, since they were BOTH individual entities of the same SPECIES.

Adam could never be EQUAL TO Adam, though.

Don't you believe that God is an entity, jammin? Isn't God a being? YES or NO?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 09 2013,11:54)

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 08 2013,01:16)

Yes jammin,

I can be EQUAL TO my father, only because me and my father are separate entities, or beings.  Cain could be EQUAL TO Adam in nature, since they were BOTH individual entities of the same SPECIES.

Adam could never be EQUAL TO Adam, though.

Don't you believe that God is an entity, jammin?  Isn't God a being?  YES or NO?

thanks for the answer. you believe that you are Equal to your father.

then accept christ is equal to his father. do not teach if it is not in the bible

truly Christ is equal to God . that is what the bible says
    phil 2.6

good boy

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 09 2013,05:14)

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 08 2013,13:17)

Jammin,

the bible said that.

God is good.
    here is the verse
    john 10

thomas said that

believe it or not

Jammin,

Jammin,

Jesus has the same nature as God because he did not sin.
    Jesus has a different nature than God because he was tempted by evil.
    Therefore Jesus is not God as Yawheh is God.

dont you read in the bible that he took the nature of a servant? he became human.

you should read first your bible before making any conclusions.
    actually, it does not tell in the verse that he is not God.
    the bible says he is God.
    john 1.1-14
    phil 2.6
    john 20.28
    and many more

Viewing 20 posts - 11,681 through 11,700 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account