JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 11,261 through 11,280 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin,

In Judaism, [יהוה] is reverenced to the degree that they don’t dare speak GOD’s Name for fear of saying His Name in vain. (Ex.20:7)
    The spoken use of name-omitting icons was inspired by this fear of saying GOD’s name in vain. The primary icon used for indirectly
    referencing יהוה is [ינדא] Âd-ô-nây meaning Lord or Owner. The secondary icon used for indirectly referencing יהוה is [ה שם] Hä-Shəm
    meaning “The Name”. Name-substitutions have negatively affected people for many generations; producing the uncertainty of how
    exactly to pronounce GOD’s Name. The use of name-omitting icons has effectually distanced [יהוה] further and further from His Word.

YHVH is GOD!

Title substitutions like Lord, God, and “LORD GOD” are being used in many religious circles.
                       Titles are often used in church services as substitutions for calling GOD by His personal Name.
                       Most English-speaking people either know GOD’s Name as JEHOVAH or not at all. The AKJV Bible
                       has sometimes replaced [יהוה] YHVH with the correct title, “GOD”. However LORD in all-capital letters,
                       is predominantly used as the exclusive replacement for [יהוה] in the AKJV Bible. LORD is an even less
                       accurate title. This title-substitution occurs over 6,000 times in the AKJV Bible. An example of this
                       is in Psalms 8:9: “O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy Name in all the earth!” YHVH is GOD!

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH! (Psalm 45:17)
    יהוה האלהים=117  (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Isaiah 49:16 / Isaiah 60:14 / Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org   …(Eccl.9:12-16)

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 14 2012,05:47)

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 14 2012,02:56)
    ed,

do you believe that there are versions that say yahweh?
    yes or no?

Hi Jammin,

What others do has no bearing on The Truth.
    I thought you agreed with the truth I posted.
    Have you now changed your mind since then?

Yahweh  vs  YHVH

Yahweh? (Link to a Hebrew site)

“It was later speculated that perhaps the Masoretes reversed the vowels for Adonai
    when applied to the letters יהוה in the running text, so some attempted to “correct”
    the pronunciation by pronouncing the name “Yahoveh” or “Yahveh”, This. too, is
    incorrect (though the construct “Yah” probably is part of the original pronunciation
    (e.g.,see Psalm 68:4)). Note that Yahweh is most likely also an incorrect translation, since there is no “w” sound in Hebrew.”

YÄ-hä-vā! (Link to another Hebrew site)

“In hebrew, the name that we are using for our creator is changing according to the context .
    The most common name is : יהוה (YAHAVA) and i guess that's the name you mentioned.
    we also use ” ADONAY” for the creator , and both of these names are considered holy and
    sacred and one cannot use these names in vain. Other less formal and holy  names are :
    “HASHEM” (“the name”), “elohim” (God), “el-shaday” (from the bible) and some more.
    The name in hebrew for Jesus Christ is : “yeshu” or “yeshuah” (ישוע) but not YAHUSHUA  
    as you mentioned, because this name (YAHUSHUA) in hebrew means  “Joshua” (book of the Bible).
    Hope you'll find this answer satisfactory,   …Roy”

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

do not explain boy.
    just answer my question

do you believe that some versions say yahweh?
    yes or no?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 12 2012,21:43)

MRYA is an acronym and used as a placeholder for YHWH in the Aramaic manuscript from what I have been told.

See here:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc….eshittO

From the site you linked:

Meem: Marutha (“Adonship”)
    Resh: Rabbutha (“Mightyness/Grandeur, Splendour, Splendor, Greatness”)
    Yodh-Aleph: Ethya (“Self-Existence')

Where's the “H”?  You guys keep saying the word “marya” is really “Mar Yah” – implying that the name “Yah” is part of the word.  Where is the “H” in the above acronym, Kathi?

Btw, Kathi and I have been over this and over this.  She has offered the biased testimony of a couple of people who believe Jesus is God Almighty.  But those people don't even agree amongst themselves, as some believe “marya” is an acronym, and others believe it means Lord (Mar) Jehovah (Yah).  But I posted the results of EVERY Aramaic dictionary I could find online for Kathi – and they ALL say that “marya” is simply the emphatic form of “lord” – much like the Hebrew word “adonay” is the emphatic form of adon (lord).

Oh, and I also told Kathi (the first time she showed me this acronym claim) that anyone could do the same thing with the word “lord”.  For example:

L = Loves us
    O = Overly zealous for us
    R = Redeemed us
    D = Died for us

Conclusion:  The English word “lord” ALWAYS REFERS TO JESUS CHRIST, AND NOBODY ELSE.   ???

I could say the above, but would that make it true?  Similarly, some dude from the 4th century made Kathi's acronym out of an Aramaic word that simply means “lord”.  There is no scholarly consensus that the Aramaic word “marya” is an acronym for anything.  Plus, she must decide whether to push the acronym claim on us, OR the Mar Yah (with an added “H”) claim on us.  She can't push both claims, for one refutes the other.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 12 2012,21:48)

Thanks, but I know what I'm doing.  

Well then you knowingly are very ineffective……………

I disagree – for the reasons I stated in my post last night. :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 13 2012,02:09)
    translators will just laugh at you mike

The translators from here aren't laughing at me, jammin:

Lexicon
    Word: 0yrmb
    Lexeme: 0yrm
    Root: 0rm
    Word Number: 12364

Meaning: lord

Pronunciation: B'MaRYaA

Part of Speech: Noun

Number: Singular

State: Emphatic

Suffix Number: Singular

That page lists about 50 different forms of “mar”, and each and every one of them mean “lord”.  Some of them are the emphatic form of the word, and others are the common form.  Go look for yourself and tell me I'm lying.

why did you ignore the hebrew word of mat 3.3???
    Christ is called YHWH

No he's not, jammin.  And if you weren't such an irritating person to talk to, I'd be happy to discuss Matthew 3:3 and Isaiah 40:3 with you.  Then I'd point you to Isaiah 40:10, which identifies Jesus, not as Jehovah Himself, but as the ARM of Jehovah (John 12:38, Isaiah 53:1)  Then we could discuss the many other prophesies about Jesus that clearly list him as someone other than his God.

But that is just a pipedream, jammin……………. because talking to you is like talking to a self-centered, disrespectful teenage girl who has a bad attitude and thinks she knows everything.  You must first lap up the following milk before I'm able to feed you meat, okay?

the son is God
    the father is God.

The Father is God and the Son is God, yet there exists only one God?

Okay.

Does that one God, who consists of a Father and a Son, have a Son named Jesus?  YES or NO?

(Are you happy Kathi? Here we go down the rabbit hole. :) )

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 13 2012,05:14)
    Hi Jammin,

If I did, would you then believe me?
    Of course not because you speak empty words. Yet
    you do believe that very thing that others have done in that regard.

Amen.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Nov. 05 2012,07:13)
    Charles,
    Dude, Everything you say isn't true.  Satan never entered Jesus soul, you don't have any scriptures to prove that.

Bring up a scripture that actually says “SATAN” entered Jesus soul.

Other than that, your just making stuff up.  And your mad because no one believes you.
    Cry me a river.

Hi Dennison,

Read this thread…    (Link)

God bless

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 14 2012,11:37)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 12 2012,21:48)

Thanks, but I know what I'm doing.  

Well then you knowingly are very ineffective……………

I disagree – for the reasons I stated in my post last night.  :)

not lord mike but Lord.
    translators will surely laugh at you boy LOL

New International Version  (©1984)
    Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.

New Living Translation (©2007)
    The Savior–yes, the Messiah, the Lord–has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David!

English Standard Version (©2001)
    For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
    For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

International Standard Version (©2008)
    Today your Savior, the Lord Messiah, was born in the city of David.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
    “For today, The Savior has been born to you, who is THE LORD JEHOVAH The Messiah, in the city of David.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    Today your Savior, Christ the Lord, was born in David's city.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
    For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

American King James Version
    For to you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.

American Standard Version
    for there is born to you this day in the city of David a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    For, this day, is born to you a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord, in the city of David.

Darby Bible Translation
    for to-day a Saviour has been born to you in David's city, who is Christ the Lord.

English Revised Version
    for there is born to you this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Webster's Bible Translation
    For to you is born this day, in the city of David, a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

Weymouth New Testament
    For a Saviour who is the Anointed Lord is born to you to-day, in the town of David.

World English Bible
    For there is born to you, this day, in the city of David, a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

Young's Literal Translation
    because there was born to you to-day a Saviour — who is Christ the Lord — in the city of David,

commentaries also agree to that boy

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

Christ the Lord-“magnificent appellation!” [Bengel]. “This is the only place where these words come together; and I see no way of understanding this “Lord” but as corresponding to the Hebrew Jehovah” [Alford].

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

Which is Christ the Lord; the Messiah spoken of by the prophets; the anointed of the Lord, with the Holy Ghost without measure, to be a prophet, priest, and king in his church; and who is the true Jehovah, the Lord our righteousness, the Lord of all creatures, the Lord of angels, good and bad, the Lord of all men, as Creator, the Prince of the kings of the earth, the Lord of lords, and King of kings; and who is particularly the Lord of saints by his Father's gift, his own purchase, the espousal of them to himself, and by the power of his grace upon them: and the birth of such a person must needs be joyful, and is to be accounted good news, and glad tidings.

ARAMAIC BIBLE
    “For today, The Savior has been born to you, who is THE LORD JEHOVAH The Messiah, in the city of David.”

therefore the version aramaic bible is not bias. the translators know to use the language and not like you mike LOL
    you are a pretender. why dont you make your own bible boy?

make your own bible boy LOL

btw you are still not answering my question.
    who is the God you are referring to?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 14 2012,12:07)

Hi Jammin,

Amen.

the false teacher (mike) says amen. LOL

jammin
    Participant

people are ignoring the truth even if they can read it WORD FOR WORD. they want to change the truth of the bible but the truth shall remain.

mike you have no match to the word of God.
    i can read what im saying WORD FOR WORD. you know what? when i talk to you, you give me stories mike and no verse.
    you cant read your doctrine in the bible. you just use imagination LOL

jammin
    Participant

mike,

yes one God.
    they are one. not in persons but in nature, nature God.
    they have the same nature, nature God. phil 2.6
    john 1.1

BNT
    When the world began, the Word was already there. The Word was with God, and the nature of the Word was the same as the nature of God.

see mike? the nature of the Word was the same as the nature of God? and what is that nature?

let me post again john 1.1
    John 1:1

New International Version (NIV)
    The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

that is the nature God

can we read in the bible the term “nature God?”

here is the verse boy
    Philippians 2:6

New International Version (NIV)

6 Who, being in very nature God,

praise God!

Christ is truly God!

jammin
    Participant

ok mike

here is another question for you

who is the Lord in mat 3.3?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 14 2012,19:55)
    ok mike

Hi Jammin,

I'll take that question,
    the same LORD as in Isaiah 40:3.

God bless

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 14 2012,21:08)

ok mike

Hi Jammin,

I'll take that question,

God bless

i still a question for you

do you believe that there are versions that say yahweh?
    yes or no?

then if you want you can answer the question for mat 3.3
    who is that LORD? you said the same Lord in IS but who is that Lord?

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,Nov. wrote:

[/quote]

So unless Jesus' God consists of Father and Son, neither does my God.

Mike,

THE MAN JESUS HAS A GOD COMPOSED OF :

FATHER, SON, AND HOLY SPIRIT.

THE FATHER AND THE SON WERE NEVER TWO SEPARATED BEINGS ONLY, BUT IN THE SAME TIME THEY WERE ALSO ONE SPIRITUAL BEING IN GOD.TOGETHER WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT.

DO YOU KNOW MIKE THAT ALTHOUGH THE FATHER ABANDONED THE SON ON THE CROSS, HE STILL REMAINED IN HIM???

Scripture is clear:

READ:

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all things to myself.

REFLECT ON THE ABOVE AND ANSWER:

WHAT ACTUALLY DID JESUS MEAN WITH:

I WILL DRAW ALL THINGS TO MYSELF???
    ALSO :

1 John 5:6:This is he that came by water and blood,

(BY THE SPIRIT FROM GOD

and BY THE FLESH FROM SATAN’S EARTH AND STILL SINLESS)

Jesus Christ: not by water only,  but by water and blood.  And it is the Spirit which testifieth, that Christ is the truth.

NOTICE: CHRIST IS THE TRUTH:

NOT CHRIST AND THE FATHER, BUT JUST CHRIST,

OBVIOUS.

FIRST IN RESPECT OF JOHN 12:32 ABOVE:

I WILL DRAW ALL THINGS TO MYSELF!!! ALL THINGS NO MATTER WHAT!!!

SECOND:  BECAUSE THE FATHER WAS, IS, AND REMAIN ALWAYS ONE BEING WITH CHRIST, JESUS’SPIRIT,

FIRST THE SON WAS IN THE FATHER ,WHEN THE FATHER  CREATED ALL INVISIBLE CREATURES, THROUGH HIM. IN ORDER TO SHOW HIM ALL THINGS.

John 5: 20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things which himself doth: …………..

THEN THE FATHER IN THE SON TO CREATE ALL VISIBLE CREATURES  LIKEWISE, AND ALSO THROUGH THE SON’S SPIRIT.

7 And there are three who give testimony in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost. And these three are one.

IN JESUS’ HUMAN PERSONANLITY (SINCE ALL THINGS ONTO NHIMSELF)

8 And there are three that give testimony on earth:

the spirit, ( FROM THE FATHER)

and the water,(THE SOUL, FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT)

and the blood: ( THE FLESH FROM THE SON)

and these three are one.  ( IN JESUS’ HUMAN PERSONALITY)

SO THE FATHER AND THE SON, ARE INSEPARABLE, WHILE IN THE SAME TIME THEY ARE DISTINCT.THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT!!!

TO CONCLUDE:

Matthew 12:28 Going therefore, teach ye all nations; baptizing them

IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, AND OF THE SON, AND OF THE HOLY GHOST .

ACTS 10:48 And he commanded them

TO BE BAPTIZED IN THE NAME OF THE  LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Then they desired him to tarry with them some days.

NOTICE MIKE,THAT ALTHOUGH JESUS GAVE ORDERS TO BAPTIZE IN A  TRIUNE GOD, THEY BAPTIZED IN THE NAME OF JESUS!!!

THIS FOR THE SIMPLE REASON THAT JESUS HIMSELF AS A HUMAN PERSON WAS COMPOSED OF :

THE FATHER ,THE SON AND THE HOLY GHOST!!!

SO JESUS IS THE TRUE GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

carmel
    Participant

Ed wrote:

[/quote]

Jesus lineage explained

“Son of Man”: 25%; Mary's mother's lineage was of the tribe of Levi. (Luke 1:5 and Luke 1:36)
    “Son of Man”: 25%: Mary's father's lineage was (Judah) through Nathan(son of David). (Luke 3:23-31)
    “Son of God”: 50%: Jesus' Father was the “HolySpirit”; NOT Joseph! (Mathew 1:18 / Mathew 1:20 / Luke 1:35)

At birth: Jesus was 50%(HolySpirit)God (Matt.1:18 / Matt.1:20 / Luke 1:35), 25%(Levite)Priest and 25%(Judah)King!
    At baptism by John the baptizer, Jesus was filled with the HolySpirit(God) beyond measure! (John 3:34 / John 1:14)

Edj,

It seems to me from those calculations, that Jesus neither is a complete man, nor a complete God!!!

Now we are at least complete humans!!!

think about that!!!

Tell me why we were complete humans before Jesus came, and we as Christians became  split after Jesus redemption 50% man, and 50% God's spirit???

I will join you in the other thread!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

carmel
    Participant

Ed wrote:

[/quote]

Our beliefs are very similar, but
            your explanation seems clear as mud.
            Here is what the bible says about Jesus lineage

Edj,

Reflect on this scripture,and then you will be aware if MY EXPLANANTION SEEMS CLEAR AS MUD, OR AS DIRTY AS CRYSTAL!!!

Genesis 1:26 And he said: Let us make

MAN    “1”

to our image and likeness: and let him have dominion over the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the air, and the beasts, and the whole earth, and every creeping creature that moveth upon the earth.

27 And God created

MAN   “2”

to his own image: to the image of God he created

HIM : “3”

MALE and FEMALE he created them.

NOW:

ANSWERE:

Is the MALE 100%

Is the FEMALE 100%

peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 14 2012,19:38)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 14 2012,12:07)

Hi Jammin,

Amen.

the false teacher (mike) says amen. LOL

Hi Jammin,

I'm not sure if Mike considers himself “a Teacher”,
    but you can know with certainty that I consider myself one.

Psalm 119:98-104:

98:Thou through thy commandments hast made me
          wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.
          I(Ed J) have more understanding than all my teachers:
          for thy testimonies are my meditation.

100 I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts.

101 I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word.

102 I(Ed J) have not departed from thy judgments: for thou(YHVH) hast taught me.

103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I(Ed J) hate every false way.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 15 2012,01:45)

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 14 2012,21:08)

ok mike

Hi Jammin,

I'll take that question,

God bless
    Ed J

i still a question for you

(1)do you believe that there are versions that say yahweh?
    yes or no?

(2)then if you want you can answer the question for mat 3.3
    who is that LORD? you said the same Lord in IS but who is that Lord?

Hi Jammin,

1) There are many who use that erroneous name, besides corrupted versions of “The Bible”.  
        (now please don't start acting like I didn't answer your question; OK?   This seems to be a pattern of yours)
        Because if you do, I will be forced to re-post this answer again and again.
        If bullied by those who hold power I can always use the out “I don't know”.  
        But I personally believe “Honesty” trumps submission here.

2)  יהוה YHVH pronounced YÄ-hä-vā.   (Link)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

To All,

I'm willing to 'LIE'  –  the difference between me and most is:   I WANT YOU TO KNOW WHEN I LIE!!!   :D

Oh I'll 'kiss the pinky ring' mind you, BUT I WILL NOT BE BULLIED, PERIOD!!

“And into whatsoever city or town (or Forum that ye Ed J) shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy;
     and there abide till ye go thence. And when ye come into an house, salute it. And if the house
     be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.
     And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that
     house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more
     tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.”
    (Matt 10:11-15)

God bless
    Reason for Edit: I forgot the word “WILL”

Viewing 20 posts - 11,261 through 11,280 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account