JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 11,221 through 11,240 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Nov. 10 2012,00:11)
    Not according to John 20:28.

Are you saying that, according to John 20:28, the Father is NOT Thomas' God? ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 10 2012,01:37)
    Hi Mike,

I really don't care what you choose to believe,
    but what “I” have given you are THE FACTS!

No need to get heated, Ed. Just show me the English translation that has the English word “Bible” in it.

(On a side note, do you suppose Matthew was talking about THE Bible in the scripture you quoted?)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 10 2012,06:38)
    that is why im always asking you who is that GOD you are referring to.

why cant you answer my question mike? is it hard for you? LOL

jammin,

Dealing with your third grade nonsense is what gets hard for me. I've answered your question MANY times already. Are you ready for the same answer I've already given you? Here it goes again:

YHWH! The God I'm talking about is YHWH, jammin. I'm talking about our ONE and ONLY Almighty God who created the heavens and the earth and everything in them. HIS name is YHWH, according to scripture. That is what HE told Moses HIS name was.

If you agree there is only ONE Almighty God, then why would you keep asking me WHICH ONE I'm talking about? ???

Have you noticed that limjunis doesn't even post in this thread anymore? He was tired of dealing with your third grade mentality, jammin. We're all quite tired of it. Hit me up when you're ready to answer my question:

According to scripture, does our ONE and ONLY Almighty God have a Son named Jesus? YES or NO?

Until you are able to answer this simple question, or tell me plainly WHO your God consists of, bugger off. I won't waste any more of my time on your nonsense.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 10 2012,01:25)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 10 2012,11:34)
    Why are you and Kathi so secretive when it comes to just plainly saying what you believe about God?  

Why then is it like pulling teeth just to get a direct answer out of you two?   ???

Hi Mike,

…………pulling teeth is definitely an under-statement.

God bless
    Ed J

Paul (Is 1:18) did the same thing to me last night.  I point blank asked him if his God was a trinity of Father, Son, and Spirit, and got no reply to my question.

Why is it such a big secret?  Oh, that's right, when you get them cornered with a question such as the one I keep asking jammin, they realize how nonsensical it is to admit who they really believe “God” is.  When you have them cornered, out come the third grade games – instead of direct answers.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 10 2012,10:45)
    WHEN JESUS SPOKE THOSE WORDS HE WAS STILL IN HIS GLORIFIED HUMAN STATE,AND NOT YET FULLY GLORIFIED AS BOTH GOD AND MAN.

Oh.  So then Jesus WASN'T really 100% God on earth like you've been claiming all this time?  :)

Because “100% God on earth” would BE God, he wouldn't HAVE a God, right?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 11 2012,07:13)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Nov. 10 2012,00:11)
    Not according to John 20:28.

Are you saying that, according to John 20:28, the Father is NOT Thomas' God?   ???

Hi Mike,

I see my techniques are rubbing off on you!      …Good Job!      :D

The pushy yes/no questions don't really go anywhere.
    Keep asking the hard questions, that's how you get to the
    bottom or top depending on one's perspective of “The truth”!

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 11 2012,07:16)

Hi Mike,

No need to get heated, Ed.  Just show me the English translation that has the English word “Bible” in it.

(On a side note, do you suppose Matthew was talking about THE Bible in the scripture you quoted?)

Hi Mike,

The English word “Bible” is taken form the Greek word βιβλος.      …this is a FACT.

“The Bible” simply means “The Book”

So the question you ask would depend on how an English
       translator translates the Greek word βιβλος into English.

The word “bible” is not in the “AKJV Bible”, it is translated as “Book”.    
        …I hope you consider my answer to be satisfactory.  :)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 11 2012,08:14)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 11 2012,07:16)

Hi Mike,

No need to get heated, Ed.  Just show me the English translation that has the English word “Bible” in it.

Hi Mike,

The English word “Bible” is taken form the Greek word βιβλος.      …this is a FACT.

“The Bible” simply means “The Book”

So the question you ask would depend on how an English
       translator translates the Greek word βιβλος into English.

The word “bible” is not in the “AKJV Bible”, it is translated as “Book”.    
        …I hope you consider my answer to be satisfactory.  :)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.

The word “Bible” is indeed in “The Bible”;
    that is unless you don't consider “The Bible”
    to be “The Bible” if it is in Greek; I do though.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Ed,

The English word “bible”, was taken from the Latin word “biblia”, which was in turn taken from the Greek word “biblion”, which referred to ANY book made from papyrus.

And the Greek word “book” does NOT equate with the current definition of the English word “Bible”.  Look up “Bible” in the dictionary (complete with capital “B” – as per my original comment to jammin).  Tell me if the definition is “book”.  If not, then you can't compare the Greek word “biblion”, which means “papyrus roll”, to the English word “Bible”, which means “the collection of sacred writings of the Christian religion, comprising the Old and New Testaments” – according to Dictionary.com.   

When you show me an ENGLISH version of the scriptures that uses the ENGLISH word “Bible”, I might have more to say on the matter.  Until then, you are just chasing after wind.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 10 2012,13:12)
    DID EVER OCCUR TO YOU THAT THE VERSE HEREUNDER

IS A SYMBOLICAL DEFINITION FOR THE FATHER AND THE SON

Genesis 2:24 Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife:
    and they shall be two in one flesh.

Nope. But I know Trinitarians try hard to make something out of that verse that isn't there.

Paul explains:
    1 Corinthians 6:16
    Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.”

Paul seems to think it refers to the merging of the two bodies during intercourse.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 11 2012,09:35)
    Ed,

The English word “bible”, was taken from the Latin word “biblia”, which was in turn taken from the Greek word “biblion”, which referred to ANY book made from papyrus.

And the Greek word “book” does NOT equate with the current definition of the English word “Bible”.  Look up “Bible” in the dictionary (complete with capital “B” – as per my original comment to jammin).  Tell me if the definition is “book”.  If not, then you can't compare the Greek word “biblion”, which means “papyrus roll”, to the English word “Bible”, which means “the collection of sacred writings of the Christian religion, comprising the Old and New Testaments” – according to Dictionary.com.   

When you show me an ENGLISH version of the scriptures that uses the ENGLISH word “Bible”, I might have more to say on the matter.  Until then, you are just chasing after wind.

Hi Mike,

Better tell the Google translators they got it wrong then.

http://translate.google.com/#en/el/bible

Bible    →     βίβλος

Do you suppose “The Bible” was written in Latin before Greek?

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Like I said Ed, let me know when you've found an English version of the Bible that uses the English word “Bible”, okay?

jammin
    Participant

i can found one mike.
    but that is a pearl for you LOL

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 10 2012,23:54)

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 10 2012,23:41)

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 10 2012,18:04)

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 10 2012,02:38)

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 09 2012,19:55)

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 09 2012,19:38)
    one GOD THE ONLY SON

Huh?

yes

John 1:18

New English Translation (NET)

18 No one has ever seen God. The only one, himself God, who is in closest fellowship with the Father, has made God known.

that is GOD THE ONLY SON
    John 1:18

Common English Bible (CEB)

18 No one has ever seen God.
       God the only Son,
           who is at the Father’s side,
           has made God known.

Hi Jammin,

Sorry, but there are no begotten gods.
    I thought you said you knew Greek?
    Why do you post corrupted text?

John 1:18 θεον ουδεις εωρακεν πωποτε ο μονογενης υιος ο ων εις τον κολπον του πατρος εκεινος εξηγησατο
                                                                  /           |             \
    “No man hath seen God at any time; the only-begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.” (John 1:18)

God bless

did i say begotten gods???

you are not reading my post. you are just inventing words boy LOL

what i can read in greek is begotten God and not begotten gods

LOL

i think you and mike should go back to school

not even one

i can read that boy.
    i can read in the bible begotten God.
    i think you are not reading your bible just like mike LOL

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 11 2012,07:24)

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 10 2012,06:38)
    that is why im always asking you who is that GOD you are referring to.

why cant you answer my question mike? is it hard for you? LOL

jammin,

Dealing with your third grade nonsense is what gets hard for me.  I've answered your question MANY times already.  Are you ready for the same answer I've already given you?  Here it goes again:

YHWH!  The God I'm talking about is YHWH, jammin. I'm talking about our ONE and ONLY Almighty God who created the heavens and the earth and everything in them.  HIS name is YHWH, according to scripture.  That is what HE told Moses HIS name was.

If you agree there is only ONE Almighty God, then why would you keep asking me WHICH ONE I'm talking about?    ???

Have you noticed that limjunis doesn't even post in this thread anymore?  He was tired of dealing with your third grade mentality, jammin.  We're all quite tired of it.  Hit me up when you're ready to answer my question:

According to scripture, does our ONE and ONLY Almighty God have a Son named Jesus?  YES or NO?

Until you are able to answer this simple question, or tell me plainly WHO your God consists of, bugger off.  I won't waste any more of my time on your nonsense.

who is that YHWH?
    i told you to answer my question.

the father is called YHWH
    the son is called YHWH

who is the God you are referring to?
    is it hard for you to answer my question ?LOL

study hard boy

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Can you show me the scripture where you think the Son is called “YHWH”?

Also, your word games only go to show that you are aware of how illogical your doctrine is, jammin.

If a person says there is only ONE Almighty God, but then asks WHICH Almighty God I'm asking a question about – it shows that person is a confused, false teacher.

Unlike your friend Kathi, you have answered correctly that there exists only ONE Almighty God.  And that ONE Almighty God HAS a Son named Jesus, which prohibits Jesus from BEING the Almighty God of whom he is the Son.

End of story, and on to the next question:

jammin, do you understand that OUR one and only Almighty God is also the God of Jesus?  Do you realize that we and Jesus have the exact same God?

(It's right there in the Bible.  Perhaps you should read it sometime.)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 11 2012,10:09)
    Like I said Ed, let me know when you've found an English version of the Bible that uses the English word “Bible”, okay?

Hi Mike,

If someone translates it that way will you change your mind?
    if not, then this post of yours carries absolutely NO MEANING!

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 11 2012,22:49)
    who is that YHWH?

Hi Jammin, no one. Hebrew has no “W” sound.   (Link)

GETTING THE FACTS STRAIGHT

Hebrew has NO [W] SOUND, No [J] sound and the symbol ש is pronounced “Sh”.

GOD’s most sacred Holy Name [יהוה] was given to us directly from Hebrew.
       Correctly translating the Hebrew into other languages can be difficult however.
       Some basic linguistic rules need to be considered when translating the Hebrew texts.
       These include a lack of spacing between words, as a general rule has no written vowels
       and the basic direction in which Hebrew is written (opposite from English: from right to left).
       Hebrew word spacing is a modern advent that distinguishes one word from the next,
       aiding both translators and multi-linguists alike. Unwritten “implied” vowel sounds
       are a concern because, correct pronunciations of Hebrew words are at risk.

YHVH is God's Name translated directly into English.

[יהוה] GOD’s Name   [י] Yod [ה] Ha [ו] Vav [ה] Hey  …is pronounced  YÄ-hä-vā  &  [יה] YÄ

[יהוה] is pronounced with its exact preciseness “YÄ-hä-vā”; where ä sounds like that of the word “ah”
    and the other ā sounds like that of the vowel in the word “hay”. So when you see the tetragrammation
    YHVH, the proper pronunciation is YÄ-hä-vā. (Psalm 45:17) I make this point because the correct pronunciation
    was thought to be lost, which led only to translators’ interpretations, without any working knowledge of Hebrew.
    GOD’s Name (יהוה) translates directly into English as YHVH because the Hebrew alphabet lacks vowel representations.

God bless

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,Nov. wrote:

[/quote]

Oh.  So then Jesus WASN'T really 100% God on earth like you've been claiming all this time?  

Mike,

You will never change!!!

You keep on twisting every sentence to please your corrupted mentality.

WITH EVERY RESPECT

Jesus was BOTH FULLY MAN AND FULLY GOD

GOD IN FLESH WHILE ON EARTH.

TO CLARIFY SINCE YOU STILL NEED MILK  NOT MEAT!!!

GOD'S  SPIRIT IN A FLESH BODY.

NOW THE FLESH COUNTS FOR NOTHING,ONLY TO CARRY GOD'S SPIRIT.

THE SPIRIT GIVES LIFE

SO GOD'S SPIRIT GAVE LIFE TO THE FLESH BODY OF JESUS.

SO WHILE THEY WERE ON EARTH THEY COULD BE SEPARATED THROUGH DEATH.

BUT THROUGH DEATH ITSELF GOD GLORIFIED AND BECAME

ONE SUBSTANCE OF FLESH AND SPIRIT IN JESUS CHRIST.

SO JESUS CHRIST RESURRECTED NOT THE FATHER,THROUGH HIS WAY OF LIVING ON EARTH.100% GOD'S

HE SPIRITUALIZED HIMSELF WHILE HE WAS LIVING ON EARTH ESPECIALLY WHEN HE HAD THE FULL POWER OF GOD THROUGH BAPTIZM.

NOTICE EVEN ON EARTH HE WAS NOT ALL THROUGH HIS LIFE OFFICIALLY WITH GOD'S FULL POWER!!!

IN CANA HE CONFIRMED : NOT MY TIME YET!!!

THE PROCESS OF SPIRITUALIZATION STARTED IN THE GARDEN WHEN BLOOD STARTED COMING OUT FROM HIS FLESH!!!THE FACT THAT HE WENT TO PRAY, EVEN ENCOURAGED THE PROCESS, AND THE PASSION WAS VITAL TO HIDE THE PROCESS AND KEEP SATAN SCEPTIC WHO REALY JESUS WAS!!!

NOW WHEN JESUS RESURRECTED HE WAS RESURRECTED LIKE WE WOULD EVENTUALLY DO ON THE LAST DAY,

SINCE HE WAS A MAN LIKE ALL HIS BRETHREN,BUT HE WASN'T YET IN THE FULL POWER OF THE FATHER!!!

THIS DETAIL IS VITAL FOR US IN ORDER TO BE AWARE THAT RESURRECTION DEPENDS ENTIRELY ON OUR BEHAVIOUR AS MEN IN CHRIST WHILE ON EARTH.

WE MUST LIVE ONLY IN CHRIST IF WE WANT TO RESURRECT IN CHRIST.

CHRIST LIVED IOO% GOD'S BEHAVIOUR.

TO LIVE THAT KIND OF LIFE IN AN EVIL WORLD;

JESUS MUST HAVE BEEN FOR SURE  GOD HIMSELF IN A FLESH BODY!!!

SO HE NEVER NEEDED THE ENORMOUS LENGTH OF TIME TO  RESURRECT HIMSELF

HE MADE IT CLEAR : I WILL RAISE IT UP IN THREE DAYS.

SO HIS GODLY WAY OF LIFE SPIRITUALIZED HIS BODY AND IT TOOK THREE DAYS TO BECOME CPMPLETE A SPIRITUAL FLESH BODY. AS MAN FIRST THOUGH.

THEN AS HE CONFIRMED HE EVENTUALLY BECAME SO,

THAT SAME NGHT!!!

BOTH IN FULL POWER OF HIS GOD,(SPIRITWISE)SINCE HE WAS STILL A MAN WHEN HE SPOKE ,AND IN THE GLORY OF THEIR GOD( CARNALWISE)

THROUGH THE INSERTION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT,WHO WAS STILL IN HELL PREACHING THE GOSPEL

THEY BECAME ONE TRUE GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST

Peace and love in Jesus

CHARLES

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 12 2012,17:38)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 11 2012,07:34)
    Oh.  So then Jesus WASN'T really 100% God on earth like you've been claiming all this time?  

Mike,

You will never change!!!

You keep on twisting every sentence to please your corrupted mentality.

WITH EVERY RESPECT

Jesus was BOTH FULLY MAN AND FULLY GOD

Peace and love in Jesus
    CHARLES

Jesus lineage explained

“Son of Man”: 25%; Mary's mother's lineage was of the tribe of Levi. (Luke 1:5 and Luke 1:36)
    “Son of Man”: 25%: Mary's father's lineage was (Judah) through Nathan(son of David). (Luke 3:23-31)
    “Son of God”: 50%: Jesus' Father was the “HolySpirit”; NOT Joseph! (Mathew 1:18 / Mathew 1:20 / Luke 1:35)

At birth: Jesus was 50%(HolySpirit)God (Matt.1:18 / Matt.1:20 / Luke 1:35), 25%(Levite)Priest and 25%(Judah)King!
    At baptism by John the baptizer, Jesus was filled with the HolySpirit(God) beyond measure! (John 3:34 / John 1:14)

Here is why Jesus is called both the “Son of Man” and the “Son of God” …

Mother         Father
                               Mary         HolySpirit
                                50%           50%
                                    \              /
                                      \          /
                                        Jesus
                                       /        \
                                     /            \        
                                   /                \
                         Son of Man     Son of God
                        (Mark 6:3)        (Luke 1:35)

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 49:16 / Isaiah 60:14)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org (Ecl.9:12-16)

Viewing 20 posts - 11,221 through 11,240 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account