JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 11,161 through 11,180 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 03 2012,13:49)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 03 2012,11:42)
    Mike, biblos is the Greek word for 'book' and the scriptures are referred to as 'the book.' Biblos is where we get the word  'Bible.'

In which scripture are the scriptures referred to as “The Book”?

Mike,
    For instance:
    John 20:30
    Therefore many other signs Jesus also performed in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; (to biblio)

Rev 22:18
    I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; (to biblio)

Gen 3:10
    For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, “CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT ABIDE BY ALL THINGS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF THE LAW, TO PERFORM THEM.” (to biblio)

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 03 2012,16:08)
    Kathi

I believe the word SCROLL (S) IS USED BECAUSE THEY WERE ROLLED UP ,RIGHT ???

Pierre,
    Scroll or book form it is to biblio.

Either way, it is 'biblio' in the Greek and God's word.

carmel
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 04 2012,08:36)
    charles

1 Corinthians 11:3
    Now I want you to realize that the head (SOUL )of every man is Christ,

is head = to soul ???

is head = to soul ???

carmel
    Participant

is head= soul

Terraricca,

The above shows your maturity!!!

But I respect it!!!

Why did you put the equals = between head and soul.

Do you understand SYMBOLICAL LANGUAGE???

WITH THE SAME MENATLITY WHICH YOU HAVE:

IS JESUS = GATE

IS JESUS = VINE

IS JESUS = LAMB

IS JESUS = DOOR

IS JESUS = WAY

BE SENSIBLE AND MATURE

TAKE EVERY SENTENCE WHICH I POSTED AND CONTRADICT ME THROUGH SCRIPTURES NOT ACT AS A CHILD BY USELESS WORDS AS CONFRONTATION, AND PLEASE SATAN.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 04 2012,03:04)

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 03 2012,06:38)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 03 2012,16:03)

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 02 2012,02:44)
    who is that GOD that you are referring to?

YHWH, jammin.  I'm referring to our ONE and ONLY Almighty God, YHWH.

Does our ONE and ONLY Almighty God, YHWH, have a son named Jesus?  YES or NO?

who is that YHWH?

There is only one, jammin.  And that one YHWH has a SON named Jesus.

Let me try this another way, since you are purposely being obstinate:

jammin, WHO is our ONE Most High God?  Who does that ONE consist of?

the son is also called YHWH

now answer mine.
    who is that YHWH you are referring to?

jammin
    Participant

mike,

if you know greek , what is the greek word for “Bible”?

carmel
    Participant

SimplyForgiven,Oct. wrote:

[/quote]

(D) SO DEATH WOULD BE HOLY AND THROUGH IT
    I THE FATHER, YOU THE SON, THROUGH MY HOLY SPIRIT GLORIFY.

Dennison,

FROM PAGES 688, AND 693

NOW FOLLOW ME AND CONFIRM HOW RIDICULOUS FOR YOU MY SYMBOLICAL STATEMENT ABOVE IT IS!!!

John 17:1 THESE things Jesus spoke, and lifting up his eyes to heaven, he said: Father, the hour is come,

GLORIFY THY SON, THAT THY SON MAY GLORIFY THEE.

Now let’s BE MORE SPECIFIC, and write this again with more light:

1ST. GLORIFY YOUR SON!!!

So the Father, a Spirit and Holy, glorified the Son who was in FLESH and also Holy to the glory of the Father by the:

UNIFICATION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT FROM THE FATHER WITH THE FLESH OF THE SON, IMMEDIATELY THROUGH DEATH, MANIFESTED AND CONFIRMED IN JESUS’ RESERRUCTION,AND FROM THAT MOMENT IN TIME ONTO ETERNITY, THE SON  OWNS BOTH GOD’S ATTRIBUTES AND HUMAN’S.

BOTH SPIRIT AND FLESH!!!

THE ONLY MYSTICAL BODY IN EXISTENCE !!!

THE ONLY VISIBLE TRUE GOD!!!

MORE TO COME

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

carmel
    Participant

SimplyForgiven,Oct. wrote:

[/quote]

(D) SO DEATH WOULD BE HOLY AND THROUGH IT
    I THE FATHER, YOU THE SON, THROUGH MY HOLY SPIRIT GLORIFY.

John 17:1 THESE things Jesus spoke, and lifting up his eyes to heaven, he said: Father, the hour is come,

1st. GLORIFY THY SON,

2nd.THAT THY SON MAY GLORIFY THEE.

Dennison,

To carry on from my last post

2ND. THAT YOUR SON MAY GLORIFY YOU.

So in the same instant the Son, a Human, and Holy, was glorified through the Holy Spirit,

glorified also the Father who is a Spirit and also Holy to the

GLORY OF THE SON by the:

UNIFICATION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT FROM THE FATHER WITH THE FLESH OF THE SON, THROUGH DEATH, MANIFESTED AND CONFIRMED IN JESUS’ RESERRUCTION, AND FROM THAT MOMENT IN TIME ONTO ETERNITY, THE FATHER OWNS BOTH HUMAN’S ATTRIBUTES AND HIS OWN.

BOTH SPIRIT AND FLESH!!!

THE ONLY MYSTICAL BODY IN EXISTENCE !!!

THE ONLY VISIBLE TRUE GOD!!!

THE ONLY TRUE GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST.

SINCE GOD  GLORIFIED IN THE SON!!!

SO AS YOU CAN READ IN DETAIL, WHICH IS THERE  FOR YOU TO CONTRADICT ME ONLY THROUGH SCRIPTURE, DEFINITELY BOTH THE FATHER,AND THE SON, ARE UNITED IN ONE UNIQUE BEING OF BOTH FLESH AND SPIRIT ,

NOW READ ALSO :

John 13:32  If God be glorified in him, (IN JESUS AS MAN IN FLESH )

SO THE FATHER IS GLORIFIED IN THE SON!!! OBVIOUSLY IN ALL THE ATTRIBUTES OF MAN!!!

God also will glorify him( JESUS)  in himself; ( IN  GOD AS SPIRIT)………..

AGAIN :

GOD WOULD GLORIFY JESUS IN GOD: OBVIOUSLY IN ALL GOD'S  ATTRIBUTES

BUT IT IS IMPORTANT TO BE AWARE THAT:

ALWAYS THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT!!!

NOW!!!

WHAT WAS THE ASTOUNDING FACTOR THAT BOTH THE FATHER AND THE SON GLORIFIED???

HOW WERE THEY GLORIFIED???

WASN’T IT THROUGH DEATH ???

JESUS DIDN'T GLORIFY AFTER HE DIED,

BUT THROUGH THE ACTUAL POWER OF DEATH ITSELF!!!

THERE WAS NO TIME GAP.

JESUS, ALTHOUGH HE DIED, SINCE HE WAS SINLESS, AND DIVINE, DEATH HAD NO POWER OVER HIM, AND NEVER EXPERIENCED THE EFFECT WHICH DEATH COULD CAUSE TO ALL SINNERS!!!

THIS FOR THE SIMPLE REASON THAT:

AS SOON AS SATAN ENTERED JESUS’ SOUL, he BECAME POWERLESS, HIS POWER OF DEATH NEVER FUNCTIONED, OBVIOUS IT WOULDN’T!!!

MORE TO COME!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

terraricca
    Participant

Charles

Do you understand SYMBOLICAL LANGUAGE???

WITH THE SAME MENATLITY WHICH YOU HAVE:

IS JESUS = GATE

IS JESUS = VINE

IS JESUS = LAMB

IS JESUS = DOOR

IS JESUS = WAY

BE SENSIBLE AND MATURE

I do understand metaphors but this ;is the open door for all wickedness miss interpretation ,false believes,mystery etc….comes IN ,in a big way ;so I see in you ,

so your abstract version of metaphor i do not like ;

so in witch way his ;Christ an ;;DOOR ???

GATE ???

WAY ???
               HEAD OF                   SOUL ???

VINE  ???

LAMB ???

YOU SEE CHARLES ,i PLAY CHESS AND UNLESS I KNOW MY OPPONENT ACCEPTED RULES I MAY NOT UNDERSTAND HIS GAME ,

SO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW AND NOT ASSUME THAT WE HAVE THE SAME SET OF RULES ,

AFTER ALL I AM A MATURE PLAYER

:D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 03 2012,14:41)
    Mike,
    The 'begotten' part of only begotten is from a certain root word and is often confused with another root word. You may be looking at the wrong root word. I think you have to look into the correct Greek root word and an English dictionary is not going to be specific enough. What Strong's # is the root word for begotten that you are looking at?

The Strong's # is 1096. The word is “ginomai”, just like the JW's wrote in that information I quoted.

Kathi, do you agree that “begotten” is an accurate translation of “genes”?

Do you agree that “generated” is a synonym of “begotten”, as I showed you from Dictionary.com?

If you believe these two things, then why is this such a problem? If I went to the library, and read the word “generated” in Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, would you then believe ME?

If not, I suggest that YOU go to the library and read it for yourself. To just “not believe” something the JW's quoted for no good reason is ridiculous. THEY don't use the word “generated” for “genes” in THEIR translation – so what point would they have in LYING about what is written in Strong's Concordance? ???

Look up the definitions for the word “ginomai”, Kathi. You'll see as the first defintion:

1) to become, i.e. to come into existence, begin to be, receive being

This describes the word “generate” to a “T”.

I might keep looking for Strong's EXHAUSTIVE Concordance online – but I'm not going to lose any sleep over this matter. There is no reason whatsoever for the JW's to have LIED about a word they don't even use in their translation, and therefore no reason for EITHER OF US to doubt what they wrote.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 04 2012,02:47)
    mike,

jammin,

Can you read the English word “Bible” in any translation?  If not, then I have just used your own silly game against you – and won.

Now, answer the question I asked you:

Since the English word “Bible” is not actually IN the Bible, am I a false teacher if I say, “The Bible is the written word of God”?

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 04 2012,22:04)

mike,

jammin,

Can you read the English word “Bible” in any translation?  If not, then I have just used your own silly game against you – and won.

Since the English word “Bible” is not actually IN the Bible, am I a false teacher if I say, “The Bible is the written word of God”?

lol The word bible is not used in the scriptures lol.

I always use that point.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Charles,
    Dude, Everything you say isn't true. Satan never entered Jesus soul, you don't have any scriptures to prove that.

Bring up a scripture that actually says “SATAN” entered Jesus soul.

Other than that, your just making stuff up. And your mad because no one believes you.
    Cry me a river.

carmel
    Participant

Ed J,Oct. 31 2012,10:22

Hi Charles, I take issue with two points you make here.

EDJ,

IT IS GOOD  THAT YOU BROUGHT THIS UP, FOR THE SIMPLE REASON THAT IT PROVES THAT JESUS WAS NOT ALL THE TIME IN THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, ALTHOUGH THE SPIRIT NEVER ACTUALLY LEFT JESUS.

THIS TO MAKE US AWARE THAT JESUS WAS BOTH FULLY MAN, AND FULLY GOD!!!

NOW READ HERE:

KJV:

Mark 1:12 And immediately the Spirit

DRIVETH

him into the wilderness. 13And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.

DRB:

MARK 1:12 And immediately the Spirit

DROVE

him out into the desert.

SO AS YOU CAN READ BOTH SCRIPTURES USED THE VERB TO DRIVE!!!

2. This verse indicates that the spirit did not leave Jesus alone as you are suggesting…

“Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him,

THE FACT THAT IT SAYS REMAINING ON HIM,IT DOESN’T MEAN THAT THE SPIRIT WAS IN FULL POWER!!!

JESUS IN MANY OCCASIONS ACTED LIKE HIS BRETHREN, LIKE A MAN, OBVIOUS EXCEPT SINNING.HE HAD TO FULLFILL BOTH GOD'S AND MAN ATTRIBUTES,SINCE HE WAS BOTH SON OF GOD AND SON OF MAN.

NOW READ HEREUNDER!

Luke 4:14 And Jesus RETURNED in the POWER of the SPIRIT,

HE WAS NOT IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT WHILE HE WAS IN THE DESERT!!!

into Galilee, and the fame of him went out through the whole country. 15 And he taught in their synagogues, and was magnified by all.

SO THERE’S NO DOUBT THAT JESUS WAS A NORMAL MAN IN THE DESERT, AND ALSO IN HIS FREE WILL TO DO WHAT EVER HE WILLS,OBVIOUS GOD’S WILL SINCE HE WAS THE SON OF GOD THROUGHOUT!!!

GOD IN FLESH!!!

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

CHARLES

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    I think that you are thinking about 'gennao,' Strong's #1080 which is translated as 'generate' in 2 Tim 2:23
    World English Bible
    But refuse foolish and ignorant questionings, knowing that they generate strife.

Strong's #1096 is not translated as 'generate' so therefore, I am not going to either.

The English dictionary is not making a distinction but the Greek concordance does. The word 'love' has different distinctions in the Greek that would not be found in the English dictionary either.

So, I'm done with your questions about this.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 05 2012,04:04)

mike,

jammin,

yes i can read the english word bible in the bible.

but that verse is not for you. mat 7.6

you cant understand greek and now you do not know how to read english bible LOL

if you are really reading your bible, you can see the word bible.

can you answer my question?
    what is the greek word for bible?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 04 2012,15:53)
    Mike,
    I think that you are thinking about 'gennao,' Strong's #1080 which is translated as 'generate' in 2 Tim 2:23
    World English Bible
    But refuse foolish and ignorant questionings, knowing that they generate strife.

Strong's #1096 is not translated as 'generate' so therefore, I am not going to either.

The English dictionary is not making a distinction but the Greek concordance does. The word 'love' has different distinctions in the Greek that would not be found in the English dictionary either.

So, I'm done with your questions about this.

Read the JW info again, Kathi:

The basic Greek word for “only-begotten” used for Jesus and Isaac is mo·no·ge·nes′, from mo′nos, meaning “only,” and gi′no·mai, a root word meaning “to generate,” “to become (come into being),” states Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance.

Do you see that they are NOT talking about “gennao”?  Can you see that they list the word as “ginomai”?  

Are you ready to learn something today?  Then click here.  You'll see right away that “gennao” is from a variation of #1085, right?  Now, click on that #1085, and it will take you here.   And on this page, you'll see right away that #1085 comes from, yep, you guessed it, #1096 – which is “ginomai”.  :)

Now, go ahead and click on that #1096, and it will bring you to this page.

On this page, scroll down clear to the bottom (just below the definitions), and you'll be able to see these words:

a prolongation and middle voice form of a primary verb; to cause to be (“gen”-erate)

NOW, are you finally ready to answer to ALL 7 of those bolded questions I keep asking and asking?  (Do you think jammin is smart enough to realize that the reason you refuse to answer them is because you know I was right, and he was wrong?  The rest of us have known this all along – I just hope he also knows it.  :) )

mikeboll64
    Blocked

jammin,

WHO IS God Almighty? Who does our one and only God Almighty consist of?

Lightenup
    Participant

I already answered your questions I am done with the topic as I stated before.

carmel
    Participant

SimplyForgiven,Nov. wrote:

[/quote]

Charles,
    Dude, Everything you say isn't true

Denisson,

FIRST I AM NOT FINISHED  FROM ANSWERING YOUR POST YET.

BE PATIENT. IT IS GOD’S VIRTUE TO BE SO!!!

IN THE MEAN TIME CONTRADICT ME ON EVERY VERSE THROUGH SCRIPTURE!!!

AFTER ALL YOU MENTIONED ONLY ONE:

THAT  SATAN NEVER ENTERED JESUS' SOUL!!!

IN THE MEANTIME I WILL START WITH THIS THOUGH:

JESUS WAS BORN IN ALL THINGS LIKE HIS BRETHREN EXCEPT SIN,

THEREFORE SATAN WAS IN JESUS' SOUL LIKE ALL HIS BRETHREN.  

Hebrews 2:14 Therefore because the children are partakers of

FLESH AND BLOOD SATAN’S ELEMENTS!!!

FLESH AND BLOOD CANNOT INHERIT GOD'S KINGDOM

he also himself in like manner hath been partaker of the same,
    ( SATAN’S SPIRIT)
    that,

THROUGH DEATH, ( SATAN'S EMPIRE) he might destroy HIM who had the empire of death, that is to say, THE DEVIL:

15 And might deliver them, who through the fear of death (SATAN’S) were all their lifetime subject to servitude.(SATAN’S SLAVES) 16 For no where doth he take hold of the angels: but of the seed of Abraham he taketh hold. 17 Wherefore it behoved him

IN ALL THINGS TO BE MADE LIKE UNTO HIS BRETHREN,…………

ALSO:

John 8:34 34 Jesus answered them: Amen, amen I say unto you: that whosoever committeth sin, is the servant of sin.(SATAN)

35 Now the servant (SATAN) abideth not in the house ( SOUL)for ever; but the son abideth for ever. ( LIKE HE IS)

36 If therefore the son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed. (SINCE HE ELIMINATED SATAN’S SPIRIT FROM OUR SOULS)

37 I know that you are the children of Abraham: but you seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. 38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and you do the things that you have seen with your father.(SATAN)

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Viewing 20 posts - 11,161 through 11,180 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account