JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 11,141 through 11,160 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 02 2012,15:51)
    jammin,
    That is so cool, I learned something new…you are right it is in the Bible!

Kathi,

I learned the saying, “Bible isn't in the Bible” from you a long time ago. And yes, I've known for a long time that the Greek word for “book” is “biblios” – or something close to that. And yes, I know that “Bible” just means “book”.

But……………. the actual word “Bible”, with a capital “B”, is not in the Bible. Nor are the Law, the Prophets, or the Gospels ever called “the Book”.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 02 2012,17:04)
    It stands to reason that if Jesus doesn't know that date it shows that Jesus only knows what the Father reveals to him.

You mean like this:

John 5:20
    For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, to your amazement he will show him even greater things than these.

:)

carmel
    Participant

t8,Nov. wrote:

[/quote]

1 Corinthians 11:3
    Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

You obviously do not realise the truth in this scripture.

t8,

Would you be kind enough to define the above scriptures,since you are convinced that through it you could discern that JESUS IS NOT GOD IN FLESH???

ALSO ISN'T IT THE HEAD WHICH DETERMINES THE BODY???

CAN ANY BODY WITHOUT ITS HEAD ON BE RECONGNIZED ???

IF SOMEBODY FINDS, PERMIT ME TO SAY T8'S HEAD, THAT SOMEBODY CONFIRMS THAT T8 IS DEAD!!!

ALSO A BODY WITHOUT A HEAD DOES NOT EXIST IN THE TRUTH!!!

THEREFORE IF THE HEAD OF CHRIST IS GOD, JESUS CHRIST IS THE TRUE VISIBLE GOD!!!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Peace and love in Jesus.

Charles

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 03 2012,16:03)

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 02 2012,02:44)
    who is that GOD that you are referring to?

YHWH, jammin.  I'm referring to our ONE and ONLY Almighty God, YHWH.

Does our ONE and ONLY Almighty God, YHWH, have a son named Jesus?  YES or NO?

who is that YHWH?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 03 2012,16:10)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 02 2012,15:51)
    jammin,

Kathi,

I learned the saying, “Bible isn't in the Bible” from you a long time ago.  And yes, I've known for a long time that the Greek word for “book” is “biblios” – or something close to that.  And yes, I know that “Bible” just means “book”.

But……………. the actual word “Bible”, with a capital “B”, is not in the Bible.  Nor are the Law, the Prophets, or the Gospels ever called “the Book”.

the word Bible is in the bible mike.
    LOL

read your bible well.

Christ said in mat 7.6

that is for you mike. LOL

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 03 2012,08:51)

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 02 2012,03:43)
    mike said:Lord have mercy, jammin.  Surely you MUST be smarter than this, right?   ???  Can I say, “The Bible is the written word of God”, even though the word “Bible” isn't even in the Bible?  Or would I be a “false teacher” for making that claim?   ???  I swear, sometimes I just want to reach into the computer and slap some sense into you………………. which brings me to this next senseless thing you've been saying:
    ——————-

the word BIBLE is in the BIBLE mike.
    LOL

now i know that you are not really reading your bible LOL

but i dont think it is a good idea to show to you the verse.
    christ said

Matthew 7:6

New International Version (NIV)

6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

study hard boy! LOL

jammin,

Thanks,
    Blessings to you my friend  :cool:

tnx sis:)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 03 2012,01:00)

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 03 2012,10:04)
    Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

A BODY WITHOUT A HEAD DOES NOT EXIST IN THE TRUTH!!!

THEREFORE IF THE HEAD OF CHRIST IS GOD, JESUS CHRIST IS THE TRUE VISIBLE GOD!!!

Charles,

Using your logic, women are “men in the flesh”, and every man is “Jesus in the flesh”………… since men are the “heads” of women, and Jesus is the “head” of every man.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 03 2012,06:38)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 03 2012,16:03)

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 02 2012,02:44)
    who is that GOD that you are referring to?

YHWH, jammin.  I'm referring to our ONE and ONLY Almighty God, YHWH.

Does our ONE and ONLY Almighty God, YHWH, have a son named Jesus?  YES or NO?

who is that YHWH?

There is only one, jammin. And that one YHWH has a SON named Jesus.

Let me try this another way, since you are purposely being obstinate:

jammin, WHO is our ONE Most High God? Who does that ONE consist of?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 03 2012,06:39)
    the word Bible is in the bible mike.

Kathi,

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to show me the scripture that contains the word “Bible”, complete with capital “B”.

jammin is too busy playing games to actually show the scripture that he says supports his claim. Would YOU show me that scripture?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi,

Are you going to answer these questions?

1. Does the Greek word “monogenes”, IN AND OF ITSELF, mean “only son”? YES or NO?

2. Do the Greek words “monogenes theos”, IN AND OF THEMSELVES, mean “God the only Son”? YES or NO?

3. Kathi, IF Paul was indeed talking about Jesus existing in the form of Jehovah, and not of some “god-kind species” like you think, would it then be wrong of me to say “his God”, since we all know that the Father IS the God of Jesus? YES or NO?

4. Kathi, based on the teachings of Strong, as quoted in my last post, does the root word of “genes” mean “to generate”? YES or NO?

5. If so, then is “only generated” an accurate translation of “monogenes”? YES or NO?

6. And if so, knowing that the “mono” part of the word can also mean “unique”, would “uniquely generated” also be an accurate translation of “monogenes”? YES or NO?

7. And if so, then does the fact that no English Bible renders “monogenes” as “uniquely generated” mean I am a “false teacher” by saying the word can mean that? YES or NO?

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike please provide the link to your source because my source for Strong's does not have 'generate' in it.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike, biblos is the Greek word for 'book' and the scriptures are referred to as 'the book.' Biblos is where we get the word 'Bible.'

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 03 2012,11:36)
    Mike please provide the link to your source because my source for Strong's does not have 'generate' in it.

Kathi,

I've looked online briefly, and so far haven't found a site that has the EXHAUSTIVE Strong's Concordance.  But I assure you that it is in his exhaustive Concordance, otherwise the JW's would be facing a lawsuit for quoting Strong as saying something he didn't say.

Here are some synonyms of “beget” – from Dictionary.com.  You can see from their list that “generate” is one of the synonyms of “beget” – so does it really make a difference whether or not you read it with your own eyes in Strong's Concordance?   ???

If “genes” can be translated as “begotten”, then it can equally be translated as “generated”, right?

At any rate, there are 7 questions on that post, and only three of them have to do with Strong's use of “generate”.  Surely you can at least answer the other 4 questions, right?

And now that you know from the site I linked that “beget” and “generate” are synonyms, you should have no problem answering the other 3 questions, right?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 03 2012,11:42)
    Mike, biblos is the Greek word for 'book' and the scriptures are referred to as 'the book.' Biblos is where we get the word  'Bible.'

In which scripture are the scriptures referred to as “The Book”?

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    The 'begotten' part of only begotten is from a certain root word and is often confused with another root word. You may be looking at the wrong root word. I think you have to look into the correct Greek root word and an English dictionary is not going to be specific enough. What Strong's # is the root word for begotten that you are looking at?

Btw, the JW's have been wrong in their publications before and misrepresent sources.

terraricca
    Participant

Kathi

I believe the word SCROLL (S) IS USED BECAUSE THEY WERE ROLLED UP ,RIGHT ???

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,Nov. wrote:

[/quote]

Using your logic, women are “men in the flesh”, and every man is “Jesus in the flesh”………… since men are the “heads” of women, and Jesus is the “head” of every man.

Mike,

The word “head” has a variety of meanings in the Bible. It seems that Paul was alluding to several of them. The word “head” means the top of the body, the head of a family, the cornerstone, the primary, and even source if used in reference to Adam as the source of humanity. But, even in the case of Adam, since he is the federal head, he is the one in authority to represent mankind.

So, it seems that Paul used the word “head” to designate more than just “source” and/or “authority” would entail.

He did it to convey a lot more than the simple words “source” and “authority” would entail.

Now:

I concluded that Paul was refering to the SOUL!

Since a human being without the head is  DEAD!

A human being without a soul is also DEAD!

ALSO SINCE THE HEAD DETERMINES THE BODY

THE SOUL ALSO  DETERMINES  THE BODY WETHER IT BELONGS TO GOD OR TO THE  DEVIL!

NOW:

Let's see how it fits in 1 Corinthians 13

Now I want you to realize that the head (SOUL )of every man is Christ,

SINCE THE FIRST SOUL WAS GIVEN ONLY TO ADAM,AND NOT  ALSO TO EVE!

NOTICE IT SAYS THE HEAD OF EVERY MAN, SO THE SOUL OF EVERY MAN .

THIS MEANS THAT SOULS ARE GENERATED ONLY THROUGH THE SPERM OF MEN!!

NOW SOULS ARE SPECKS OF CHRIST'S SPIRIT, THE SON'S SPIRIT THROUGH CREATION!

SO SINCE THE FIRST SOUL, A SPECK OF CHRIST'S SPIRIT WAS GIVEN TO ADAM, WHO IS THE HEAD OF ALL SOULS, ALL HIS GENERTAIONS OF MEN, CARRIED CHRIST'S SPIRIT.

THEREFORE THE SOUL (HEAD)OF EVERY MAN IS CHRIST

and the head of the woman is man,

THE SOUL OF THE WOMAN IS MAN

THIS MEANS THAT SINCE EVE WAS NEVER GIVEN A SOUL, IT WAS ONLY THROUGH ADAM'S SPERM THAT WOMEN WERE BORN WITH SOULS!

THEREFORE THE SOUL OF THE WOMAN IS MAN

NOTICE IT IS IN THE SINGULAR FOR THE SIMPLE REASON,THAT NOT EVERY WOMAN HAD SOULS THEN!

CAIN MARRIED TWO WOMEN BUT THEY WERE NOT THE GENERATIONS OF ADAM. SO THEY WERE SOULLESS, THEY WERE  PRE ADAMITES WOMEN.

ALSO PAUL, WAS SYMBOLICALLY REFERING TO THE VIRGIN MARY, FOR THE SIMPLE REASON, THAT SINCE MARY WAS SINLESS,HER SOUL CAME DIRECT FROM GOD ,NOT FROM NATURE, AND SINCE GOD BECAME MAN IN CHRIST,

THEREFORE THE SOUL (HEAD)OF THE WOMAN MARY,IN THE SINGULAR,IS GOD ( MAN)

IT WAS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE THAT PAUL SPOKE IN THIS KIND OF MYSTERIOUS LANGUAGE,OTHERWISE SINCE IT WAS
    THE BEGINNING OF THE CHURCH, IT COULD HAVE DEFINITELY CLASHED WITH THE DIVINITY OF CHRIST,SINCE BOTH MARY AND JESUS HEAD THEIR SOULS THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT.

BUT THE DIFFERENCE WAS THAT JESUS' SOUL CAME FROM CREATION, THROUGH NATURE IN ORDER TO BE IN ALL THINGS LIKE HIS BRETHEREN.

WHILE MARY'S PURE SOUL CAME DIRECT FROM GOD THE FATHER TO BE HIS PARTICULAR UNIQUE SPOUSE FOR THE HOLY SPIRIT.

Jeremiah 31:22How long wilt thou be dissolute in deliciousness, O wandering daughter? for the Lord hath created a NEW THING upon the earth: A WOMAN SHALL COMPASS A MAN.  

Only virgin Mary was the only NEW THING upon earth :

SHE WAS SINLESS

AND ONLY MARY COMPASSED THE MAN!

NOW WE CAME FOR THE LAST PART WHICH IS QUITE OBVIOUS!!!

and the head of Christ is God

THE SOUL(HEAD) OF CHRIST IS GOD, WHICH IS A REFERENCE TO THE HOLY SPIRIT.

THEREFORE BELEIVE IT OR NOT:

JESUS IS GOD IN FLESH

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

terraricca
    Participant

charles

Now I want you to realize that the head (SOUL )of every man is Christ,

is head = to soul ???

terraricca
    Participant

charles

Now:

I concluded that Paul was refering to the SOUL!

Since a human being without the head is DEAD!

YOU ASSUME MANY THINGS ;YOUR TRUTH HIS A ASSUMED ONE ,:laugh:

THE CONTEXT TELL THAT WHAT PAUL SAYS IT IS WHAT HE MEANT TO SAY ,JUST THE ” PREDOMINENCE”

YOU ARE ONLY KNITTING YOUR WAY TO NEVERLAND WERE PETER PAN LIVES

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 03 2012,12:26)
    Kathi,

Are you going to answer these questions?

1.  Does the Greek word “monogenes”, IN AND OF ITSELF, mean “only son”?  YES or NO?

2.  Do the Greek words “monogenes theos”, IN AND OF THEMSELVES, mean “God the only Son”?  YES or NO?

3.  Kathi, IF Paul was indeed talking about Jesus existing in the form of Jehovah, and not of some “god-kind species” like you think, would it then be wrong of me to say “his God”, since we all know that the Father IS the God of Jesus?  YES or NO?

4. Kathi, based on the teachings of Strong, as quoted in my last post, does the root word of “genes” mean “to generate”?  YES or NO?

5.  If so, then is “only generated” an accurate translation of “monogenes”?  YES or NO?

6.  And if so, knowing that the “mono” part of the word can also mean “unique”, would “uniquely generated” also be an accurate translation of “monogenes”?  YES or NO?

7.  And if so, then does the fact that no English Bible renders “monogenes” as “uniquely generated” mean I am a “false teacher” by saying the word can mean that?  YES or NO?

Mike,
    1. Yes if monogenes is written in the male gender.
    2. Yes, that is a fair interpretation
    3. Yes it would be wrong because YHWH can be both the Father and the Son. Jesus does exist in the nature of YHWH, He is YHWH…the Son.

Viewing 20 posts - 11,141 through 11,160 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account