JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 11,121 through 11,140 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

do not ask kathi about generate mike.
    if that is your opinion then read that in john 1.18

but you said there is no version for that LOL
    poor mike.

make your own bible boy! LOL

jammin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 02 2012,06:14)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 01 2012,22:50)
    Mike,
    Here is a verse, 'gods':
    Gal 4:6 However at that time, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those which by nature are no gods.

That is good that you answered jammin.

I have said  all I'm going to say about John 1:18 in this regard. It really seems pointless.

]kathi

why would you say anything you the others make their mind up just like you do ;

tell me HIS GOD THE FATHER THE ONLY TRUE GOD ??? IF YES
    THEN CHRIST THE SON EVEN BEING IN THE SAME NATURE CAN NOT BE THE TRUE GOD OF WITCH HE HIS TO SON OF,

YOU HAVE TO DECLARE TO BE TRUE TO YOUR OWN VIEW “THAT THEIR ARE TWO TRUE GODS ONE CALLED THE FATHER AND ONE CALLED THE SON ,AND THAT MAKES THE BIBLE USELESS TO ANY ONE BECAUSE IT LIES ON THE VERY FOUNDAMENTAL TRUTH THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD,

KISS THE DEVIL WHILE YOU ARE GOING THERE

therefore you believe now that the father and the son have the same nature, GOD>

i want to ask you something. you and your father have the same nature,HUMAN.

your father is truly human. how about you>? are you not truly HUMAN>? yes or no?

jammin
    Participant

mike said:Lord have mercy, jammin. Surely you MUST be smarter than this, right? ??? Can I say, “The Bible is the written word of God”, even though the word “Bible” isn't even in the Bible? Or would I be a “false teacher” for making that claim? ??? I swear, sometimes I just want to reach into the computer and slap some sense into you………………. which brings me to this next senseless thing you've been saying:
    ——————-

the word BIBLE is in the BIBLE mike.
    LOL

now i know that you are not really reading your bible LOL

but i dont think it is a good idea to show to you the verse.
    christ said

Matthew 7:6

New International Version (NIV)

6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

study hard boy! LOL

jammin
    Participant

mike said:What in the world are you talking about? ??? You just got done saying that there is only ONE Almighty God. Now you're asking me WHO the Almighty God is that I'm talking about? That doesn't even compute, jammin. If there is only ONE of them, then I have no choice but to be talking about that ONE. ???
    ———

then answer my question mike.
    who is that GOD that you are referring to?
    why is it hard for you to answer this LOL

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    I'm saying that Jesus existed in god type nature.

Also, can you provide the link to the definition of monogenes in the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 01 2012,14:14)

Mike,
    Here is a verse, 'gods':
    Gal 4:6 However at that time, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those which by nature are no gods.

I have said  all I'm going to say about John 1:18 in this regard. It really seems pointless.

]kathi

THEN CHRIST THE SON EVEN BEING IN THE SAME NATURE CAN NOT BE THE TRUE GOD OF WITCH HE HIS TO SON OF,

YOU HAVE TO DECLARE TO BE TRUE TO YOUR OWN VIEW “THAT THEIR ARE TWO TRUE GODS ONE CALLED THE FATHER AND ONE CALLED THE SON ,AND THAT MAKES THE BIBLE USELESS TO ANY ONE BECAUSE IT LIES ON THE VERY FOUNDAMENTAL TRUTH THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD,

Pierre,
    How many theos were involved in the creation of the world?
    How many theos do we need to know and believe in and serve for our eternal salvation?

Please answer this, thanks.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 19 2012,02:53)
    t8,
    Isn't the qualification of opening the scroll to actually be the one who was slain? Was the Father qualified to open the scroll, no…the Father was not slain. This does not make Him less God, or less powerful.

God knows when Jesus is coming back. Jesus does not know that. God knows all things. Even what is in the scroll.

carmel
    Participant

SimplyForgiven,Oct. wrote:

[/quote]

LOL  :D  wow, I never heard of something so riduculous. I'll break it down for you.

(A) JESUS GOD MAN,

(B) REFUSED THE CUP,

Â BUT HIS FATHER,WHO IS LOVE SAID:
    DIE

No scripture to prove this.  You must made that up.

Now let's see how I MADE THAT UP AND HOW RIDICULOUS IT IS:

(A) JESUS GOD MAN,

ONLY JEHOVAH WITNESSESS DENY THIS!!!

Is it ridiculous ???

ARE YOU CALLING IT RIDICULOUS BECAUSE JW.SEEMS SO ???

(B) REFUSED THE CUP,

Matthew 26:And going a little further, he fell upon his face, praying, and saying:

My Father, if it be possible,

LET THIS CHALICE PASS FROM ME

SO HE REFUSED THE CUP!!!

Is it ridiculous ???

ARE YOU CALLING IT RIDICULOUS BECAUSE I USED THE WORD CUP, AND NOT CHALICE???

. © BUT HIS FATHER,WHO IS LOVE SAID:
    DIE

Nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

WHAT WAS THE WILL OF THE FATHER ???

ACCORDING TO JESUS???

THAT JESUS DIES !!!

Is it ridiculous???

ARE YOU CALLING IT RIDICULOUS BECAUSE I WAS SYMBOLICALLY MORE SPECIFIC AND REVEALED TO YOU THAT GOD IS LOVE, SOMETHING WHICH IS CONFIRMED THROUGH SCRIPTURE, AND YOU NEGLECTED THROUGH LACK OF RESPECT, AND REFLECTION TO GOD’S WORD.

MORE TO COME!!!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 02 2012,15:00)

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 19 2012,02:53)
    t8,
    Isn't the qualification of opening the scroll to actually be the one who was slain? Was the Father qualified to open the scroll, no…the Father was not slain. This does not make Him less God, or less powerful.

God knows when Jesus is coming back. Jesus does not know that. God knows all things. Even what is in the scroll.

It is amazing how people point out that one date isn't known by Jesus and forget that He knows everything else. Perhaps love rules in the eternal unity of the YHWH Echad and the Father wanted to spare the Son of that knowledge because of a reason motivated by love for Him.
    John 16:30
    Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 02 2012,03:43)
    mike said:Lord have mercy, jammin.  Surely you MUST be smarter than this, right?   ???  Can I say, “The Bible is the written word of God”, even though the word “Bible” isn't even in the Bible?  Or would I be a “false teacher” for making that claim?   ???  I swear, sometimes I just want to reach into the computer and slap some sense into you………………. which brings me to this next senseless thing you've been saying:
    ——————-

the word BIBLE is in the BIBLE mike.
    LOL

now i know that you are not really reading your bible LOL

but i dont think it is a good idea to show to you the verse.
    christ said

Matthew 7:6

New International Version (NIV)

6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

study hard boy! LOL

jammin,
    That is so cool, I learned something new…you are right it is in the Bible!

Thanks,
    Blessings to you my friend :cool:

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 03 2012,10:38)
    It is amazing how people point out that one date isn't known by Jesus and forget that He knows everything else.

Your dreaming again. Prove to me that this is the only thing that he doesn't know. And he knows all else.

It stands to reason that if Jesus doesn't know that date it shows that Jesus only knows what the Father reveals to him. Likewise he only says what the Father says and only does what the father does.

In your effort to make Jesus another YHWH along with the Father who is YHWH, you force any results closer to your view showing your bias is at work again. This shows clear imbalance in your judgement making you untrustworthy in handling the scriptures.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 03 2012,09:08)
    How many theos do we need to know and believe in and serve for our eternal salvation?

You are bent on teaching 2 Gods.

But if we have God, then we have his son as the result.

So it is about God and the test is if we are of God, then we obey his son.

Likewise, under the son, there are his brethren who are under his authority.

At the top of all true authority is the Father who delegates.

Not hard at all.

1 Corinthians 11:3
    Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

You obviously do not realise the truth in this scripture.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 02 2012,18:04)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 03 2012,10:38)
    It is amazing how people point out that one date isn't known by Jesus and forget that He knows everything else.

Your dreaming again. Prove to me that this is the only thing that he doesn't know. And he knows all else.

It stands to reason that if Jesus doesn't know that date it shows that Jesus only knows what the Father reveals to him. Likewise he only says what the Father says and only does what the father does.

In your effort to make Jesus another YHWH along with the Father who is YHWH, you force any results closer to your view showing your bias is at work again. This shows clear  imbalance in your judgement making you untrustworthy in handling the scriptures.

Ha, and I am the one who in the last 24 hours is showing you that 'Father' is not in the Hebrews and Psalms verse and also 'son' of God is not written in the genealogy regarding Adam. And I am the one showing you that a unity uses a singular pronoun. That is just in the last day. Then you tell me that I am untrustworthy in handling the scriptures. That's very funny, t8. Thanks for the laugh.

Jesus knows all things besides the day and the hour according to what the disciples said to Him which I already showed you:

Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.

Lightenup
    Participant

t8,

But if we have God, then we have his son as the result.

Many Jews think they have God but they do not have the Son as the result. Scriptures say that we need to know the Son for eternal life but you say we only need to know the Father. The Holy Spirit has so much to teach you! I think I will clue you in at the hot seat thread. Go there and learn. :cool:

Proclaimer
    Participant

Kathi. If you have the Father, then you would believe his testimony that he sent HIS son into the world.

If you don't believe that God sent his son, then you don't believe the testimony.

It has nothing to do with signing up for the Binity no matter how hard you try to twist it that way. Not all of us are into twisting. Have faith like a child. Be honest and up front.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 03 2012,14:55)
    Jesus knows all things besides the day and the hour according to what the disciples said to Him which I already showed you:

A perfect example of twisting the meaning.

First off, by this they didn't believe that he was God, but that he came from him.

Secondly, They said that he knew all things. So if he didn't know one thing, then that is technically not a correct comment.

But let's look at the context. They were mere men and he was able to answer all their questions. I guess they hadn't asked him when he would return at that point. (I don't have time to check). So from their perspective, he knew all things and the fact that they said, “and needest not that any man should ask thee”, they are talking about knowledge that men seek.

Finally, not all that the disciples said was true. You forget that the gospels are historical accounts as to what happened. The disciples did not utter perfect words every single time and often said things that you would expect mere men to say.

Again, the context will determine the meaning. People who twist scripture often replace biblical context with their own context. You do the latter as it is necessary for you to do so.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 03 2012,01:08)

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 01 2012,14:14)

Mike,
    Here is a verse, 'gods':

]kathi

Pierre,

Please answer this, thanks.

Kathi

DT 4:13 “So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, that is, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.
    DT 4:40 “ So you shall keep His statutes and His commandments which I am giving you today, that it may go well with you and with your children after you, and that you may live long on the land which the LORD your God is giving you for all time.”

DT 7:9 “Know therefore that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments;

DT 8:6 “Therefore, you shall keep the commandments of the LORD your God, to walk in His ways and to fear Him.
    DT 8:11 “ Beware that you do not forget the LORD your God by not keeping His commandments and His ordinances and His statutes which I am commanding you today;

DT 13:4 “ You shall follow the LORD your God and fear Him; and you shall keep His commandments, listen to His voice, serve Him, and cling to Him.

DT 26:17 “ You have today declared the LORD to be your God, and that you would walk in His ways and keep His statutes, His commandments and His ordinances, and listen to His voice.

JN 14:15 “ If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

JN 14:21 “ He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.”
    JN 15:10 “ If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

MT 19:17 And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
    MT 22:40 “ On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”

Mt 22:37 Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
    Mt 22:38 This is the first and greatest commandment.
    Mt 22:39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

how MANY GODS DID MOSIS SERVED ??? AND HOW MANY GODS DID JESUS CHRIST THE SON OF GOD SAY TO WORSHIP HAS A GOD ???

1) ONLY ONE

2) MANY GODS

SO KATHI I HAVE MADED SIMPLE WHAT IS YOUR ANSWER 1 OR 2

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 02 2012,08:58)
    Mike,
    I'm saying that Jesus existed in god type nature.

So in other words, Jesus was existing in SPIRIT form like his God Jehovah, and like all the other gods (powerful spirit beings) who exist in heaven along with Jehovah?  I concur.  I believe that's exactly what it's saying.

As with John 1:1c, Paul's use of the word “theos” could be translated as “God”, or “a god”.  So he could have meant that Jesus was existing in the form of (or, with the nature of) a god – meaning a “spirit being”.  And the rest of the sentence would explain that although he was existing with spirit nature, he didn't consider equality with HIS OWN GOD a thing to be grasped.

That is a very sufficient understanding of Phil 2:6, Kathi.  

On the other hand, Paul also could have meant the Father by the use of the word “theos”.  The result would be the same, since the Father also exists as a spirit being.  He would then be saying the same thing – that Jesus was existing in the form of (or in the nature of) his Father – still meaning a “spirit being”.

I have always assumed the latter interpretation – perhaps because all the translators cap the “G” in “God” in that verse.  But it is more likely that I've always understood it that way because of the flow of the words, ie:  Jesus was existing in the form of his God, but didn't consider equality with his God a thing to be grasped.

Either way, the teaching is clearly that Jesus was existing as a powerful spirit being, who WASN'T equal to his own God, Jehovah.

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 02 2012,08:58)
    Also, can you provide the link to the definition of monogenes in the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance?

I copied that from some JW information – word for word.  I will look for the information they quoted.  Perhaps they list a bibliography.  I'll get back to you on it.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 02 2012,02:44)
    who is that GOD that you are referring to?

YHWH, jammin.  I'm referring to our ONE and ONLY Almighty God, YHWH.

Does our ONE and ONLY Almighty God, YHWH, have a son named Jesus?  YES or NO?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 02 2012,14:38)

Kathi,

Those “knowest all things” words were also said about some of Jesus' disciples. Perhaps they are also God Almighty?

Viewing 20 posts - 11,121 through 11,140 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account