JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 11,081 through 11,100 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

who is that almighty God you are referring to mike?

carmel
    Participant

SimplyForgiven,Oct. wrote:

[/quote]

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
    How can someone living be a child of hell?

Simplyforgiven,

First of all humans are DEAD!!!

They are destined to HELL!!!

We are alive ONLY if we believe in JESUS CHRIST BECAUSE HE IS LIFE EVERLASTING!!!

HUMANS ARE BORN ALIVE ONLY IN THE FLESH BECAUSE SPIRITUALLY ( THEIR SOULS) WOULD BE ALREADY CONDEMNED!!!

Read:

John 5:24 Amen, amen I say unto you, that he who heareth my word, and believeth him that sent me, hath life everlasting; and cometh not into judgment, but is passed

FROM DEATH TO LIFE !!!

1 John  3:14  We know that we have passed

FROM DEATH TO LIFE,

because we love the brethren. He that loveth not,

ABIDETH IN DEATH.

So keep in mind that if love is not in your heart, YOU ARE DEFINITELY DEAD, EVEN IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN.

NOW!

WHAT IS A PROSELYTE???

STRONG’S CONCORDANCE:

prosélutos: one who has arrived (at Judaism), a proselyte

Definition: (lit: that has come to), a proselyte, that is a non-Jew, who has been circumcised and has adopted the Jews' religion.

SO AS YOU CAN READ,  

ALL HUMANS BEFORE JESUS,HAD TO BE CONVERTED BY CIRCUMCISION IN ORDER TO BECOME ONE OF GOD’S PEOPLE.

SO A PROSELYTE, WAS BORN A DEVIL IN FLESH, A HUMAN BEING WITH SATAN’S SPIRIT IN HIS SOUL.

SO SATAN OWNED EVER HUMAN BEING FROM ADAM ONWARDS THROUGH THE SIN OF ADAM, AND SINCE HE WAS THE OWNER OF MANKIND, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE SELECT, HE HAD EVERY RIGHT TO TAKE THEM TO HELL AS HIS PROPERTY.

EVEN THE SELECT HAD TO GO TO A KIND OF HELL, WHICH WE USED TO CALL : LIMBO!!! BUT INFACT IT WAS A PLACE ALSO WITHIN THE REGION OF HELL.

THROUGH BAPTIZM WE BECAME THE BODY OF JESUS CHRIST AND SINCE WE BELIEVE IN JESUS, AS SOON AS WE DIE, MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL  WOULD TAKE US UP TO FACE JESUS AND BE JUDGED  IN ORDER TO BE SAVED.
    THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE IN JESUS IS ALREADY JUDGED,OBVIOUS THEY ARE STILL HOLDING SATAN’S SPIRIT THE WRATH OF GOD WITHIN THEIR SOULS

John 3:36 He that believeth in the Son, hath life everlasting; but he that believeth not the Son,

SHALL NOT SEE LIFE;

but the  THE WRATH OF GOD ABIDETH on him.

SATAN IS THE WRATH OF GOD!!!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Jammin,

Actually your grosley mistaken.
    Love is not above God, Love is just an attribute of God which is part of Him, in all He does.  
    God is sovereign.

JESUS GOD MAN, REFUSED THE CUP, BUT HIS FATHER,WHO IS LOVE SAID:
    DIE SO DEATH WOULD BE HOLY AND THROUGH IT
    I THE FATHER, YOU THE SON, THROUGH MY HOLY SPIRIT  GLORIFY
    GOD COULD HAVE DESTROYED LUCIFER INSTANATLY!!!
    BUT LOVE SAID NO!!!
    LOVE SAID!!!
    CONVERT LUCIFER!!!
    GET LUCIFER BACK TO YOU IT IS MORE DIFFICULT!!!
    KILLING LUCIFER AND CREATE ANOTHER ANGEL IS THE SIMPLEST WAY OUT AND YOU SOLVE NOTHING THE OTHER ANGEL WOULD DO THE SAME
    CONVERTING LUCIFER IT TAKES TRILLIONS OF YEARS!!!
    IT TAKES PATIENCE, MEEKNESS, HUMILITY, AND THE MOST IMPORTANT MERCY!!!

LOL  :D  wow, I never heard of something so riduculous. I'll break it down for you.

JESUS GOD MAN, REFUSED THE CUP, BUT HIS FATHER,WHO IS LOVE SAID:
    DIE SO DEATH WOULD BE HOLY AND THROUGH IT
    I THE FATHER, YOU THE SON, THROUGH MY HOLY SPIRIT  GLORIFY

No scripture to prove this.  You must made that up.

GOD COULD HAVE DESTROYED LUCIFER INSTANATLY!!!
    BUT LOVE SAID NO!!!

LOL wHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE FOR THIS? LOL
    oh wow, that is hiliarious.

GET LUCIFER BACK TO YOU IT IS MORE DIFFICULT!!!
    KILLING LUCIFER AND CREATE ANOTHER ANGEL IS THE SIMPLEST WAY OUT AND YOU SOLVE NOTHING THE OTHER ANGEL WOULD DO THE SAME

lol, where is the scripture for this?
    Not found in the bible.

CONVERTING LUCIFER IT TAKES TRILLIONS OF YEARS!!!
    IT TAKES PATIENCE, MEEKNESS, HUMILITY, AND THE MOST IMPORTANT MERCY!!!

More stupidity. This is not in the scripture.

OTHERWISE LUCIFER NEVER GETS BACK!!!
    I ASKED YOU IF GOD HAS A FREE WILL, AND I WANTED FROM YOU ONLY
    YES!!!
    NOW I ASK YOU:

God can do whatever He see fits, thats why he is the sovereign God.  
    Lucifer doesn't have free will.

Deuce

[/QUOTE]

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

]SATAN WAS ONLY AWARE THAT JESUS WAS GOD IN FLESH ,

WHEN JESUS WAS TAKEN BY SATAN DOWN TO HELL UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT HE WAS A CRIMINAL AND WAS STUNNED TO SE JESUS IN

FLESH TESTED BY THE HOTTEST FIRE.[/

This statement is false.

SO AS SOON AS JESUS HUMBLY,AND MEEKLY, WAS TAKEN BY THE POWER OF DEATH ,SATAN, INTO HIS ABODE, HELL, LIKE HE DID TO ALL JESUS’ BRETHREN SINCE ADAM, TO JUSTIFY JESUS AS THE MESSIAH,
    HE WAS STUNNED TO SEE JESUS CHRIST HIS OWN CREATOR IN FULL POWER OF GOD THROUH THE HOLY SPIRIT INTO THE HOTTEST FIRE OF HELL,
    That was the ambtion of Satan that he would achieve manhood not withstanding the fact that his kingdom is hell in fire, and be like the MOST HIGH!!!
    HE WOULD EVENTUALLY ACHIEVE IT BUT FOR NO USE!!!
    Now let's read scriptures

Also false statements, there is not a biblical reference for this.  

Stop making stuff up

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Oct. 27 2012,14:19)

Lightenup,Oct. wrote:

[/quote]

ALL THAT MY FATHER HAS ARE MINE!!!  

Lightenup,

I do my best to be brief:

Genesis 3:17…………..cursed is the earth in thy work;……………….

As you can read, although the earth, was perfect, through Adam’s labour, through his evil contaminated energy, obvious since Satan’s spirit was in his soul, IT WOULD BE CURSED.

SO HE WORKED THE LAND , HE RECEIVED FRUIT OUT OF IT AND BOTH THE EARTH AND ITS FRUIT WERE CURSED ,EVIL, AND THE ONLY FOOD WHICH WAS SPIRITUALLY GOOD FOR ADAM WERE THE HERBS.

Genesis 4: 5 But to Cain and hisofferings he had no respect: and Cain was exceedingly angry, and his countenance fell.

Notice Cain offered HIS OFFERINGS BUT GOD HAD NO RESPECT, obvious IT WAS CURSED, AND CAIN SHOULD HAVE GIVEN ONLY HERBS TO GOD.

You might ask why all this??? What this has to do in respect to the context regarding  

ALL THAT MY FATHER HAS ARE MINE!!!

Patience please!!!

Through this we became aware that from Adam onwards humans were CURSED, the land also became CURSED, and humans through their attributes could never achieve salvation. Human souls, Adam’s descendants were spiritually dead  through Satan’s spirit insertion in them.

There was no way for humans to return to the Father. Not only that but they eventually became even more evil through that procedure!!!

THORNS AND THISTLES SHALL IT BRINGS FORTH TO YOU

So OUR LOVING GOD had the most meek, humble and loving solution which as we all know, HE LOWERED  HIMSELF AND BECAME MAN IN HIS SON JESUS CHRIST.

THE REASON:

ONCE JESUS BECAME MAN GOD, WHATEVER ADAM CURSED THROUGH HIS SIN, JESUS SANCTIFIED THROUGH HIS DEATH ON THE CROSS.

ALL HUMAN ATTRIBUTES BECAME HOLY, GODLY IN JESUS. SINCE HE WAS BOTH GOD AND MAN.

UNDERSTAND THIS IT IS VITAL.

Since Jesus was divine, and was born, ALL BIRTHS BECAME SANCTIFIED , AND WHATEVER JESUS DID AS MAN BECAME HOLY, GODLY IN HIM.

As soon as Jesus suffered, and died, all sufferings, pains and deaths became sanctified in HIM.GODLY

Hebrews 10:13 From henceforth expecting, until his enemies be made his footstool.

14 For by one OBLATION  he hath perfected for ever them that are SANCTIFIED

17 And their sins and iniquities I will remember no more.

So Jesus stated first in:

John16:14 He shall glorify me:

for HE SHALL RECEIVE OF MINE ,…………..

SO GOD RECEIVED ALL HUMAN ATTRIBUTES THROUGH JESUS CHRIST AND JESUS OUTOMATICALLY GLORIFIED HIMSELF IN HIS FATHER.

THEN HE EMPHASIZED IT IN:

15 All things that the Father hath are mine:said I, that he shall take of mine,…………….

SO THIS IS A REFERENCE TO ALL HUMAN ATTRIBUTES WHICH THE FATHER RECEIVED THROUGH JESUS FIRST WHILE HE WALKED ON EARTH AS  MAN GOD,AND THEN WHEN HE DIED AND GLORIFIED WITH THE FATHER AS THE ONLY TRUE GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST.

THEN AGAIN JESUS EMPHASIZED IT FOR THE THIRD TIME AND SAID TO HIS FATHER IN THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER:

JOHN 17:10 And all my things are thine,

ALL MY HUMAN ATTRIBUTES ARE YOURS, they ARE GODLY. Something which never occurred before, that a spirit being suffers, dies and all the rest.

and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them

and ALL  THE FATHER’S ATTRIBUTES  AS GOD, ARE MINE;

and I AM GLORIFIED IN THEM.

So Jesus confirmed that HE ,AS MAN GOD, GLORIFIED IN ALL THE THINGS HE DID WHILE ON EARTH THROUGH THE FATHER’S DIVINTY!!!

SINCE THE SPIRIT OF THE FATHER WAS IN JESUS’ SOUL.

Before Jesus came on earth, God didn't have HUMAN ATTRIBUTES!! DIDN'T EVEN EXPERIENCED HUMAN ATTRIBUTES.

THIS BECAUSE GOD IS HOLY AND ETERNAL,AND  HUMANS WERE EVIL ,AND MORTALS, AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

From Jesus glorification the Father experiences all human attributes to the least detail,but

IN JESUS CHRIST BECAUSE THE FATHER AS A SPIRIT ONLY IS NOT IN THE POSITION TO EXPERIENCE ANY MORTAL SINFUL HUMAN ATTRIBUTES.

Hebrews 10:13 From henceforth expecting,

UNTIL HIS ENEMIES BE MADE HIS FOOTSTOOL.

CLEAR ENOUGH NO???

So God the Father as a spirit cannot experience the evil attributes of man. But when all God's enemies are CONVERTED,AND ALL EVIL IS ERADICATED,THEN THE FATHER WOULD BE ALL IN ALL.

ALL HIS MYRIAD SPIRITS IN ALL HIS CARNAL CREATURES AS ONE MYSTICAL BODY OF GOD , ONE KINGDOM OF GOD.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Charles,
    Thanks for your explanation. I do not agree that any of those contexts speak of the Father getting human attributes. Sorry.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 27 2012,19:01)

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 20 2012,21:05)
    Mike,
    The first 'God' is a word that is in contrast to 'servant.'

God would mean 'a type of nature that would be served as God.'

So then like this?

6 Who, being in very nature someone that should be served as God,
      did not consider equality with God (the Father) something to be used to his own advantage;

Mike,
    Well, close but more like this:

Who, being in very nature God…
    (someone who has the nature of God and should be treated as God but did not insist on being treated according to how He should be treated, but emptied Himself and took on the nature of a servant instead and served those who should be serving Him)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Oct. 28 2012,01:19)
    SATAN WAS ONLY AWARE THAT JESUS WAS GOD IN FLESH

Satan was aware that Jesus was the SON OF God – not God Himself.

He even offered Jesus the kingdoms of the world, which were given to him, if Jesus did an act of worship to him.

Does this sound sensible if Satan knew Jesus was the Almighty God who created him and GAVE him those kingdoms in the first place? ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 28 2012,08:27)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 28 2012,10:58)

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 27 2012,09:39)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 27 2012,09:32)

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 26 2012,00:11)
    monoegenes also means only son.

No it doesn't, jammin.

You should ask your friend Kathi about it and get the facts before you make yourself look even more foolish than you already do.

Also, this was the question I asked.  Perhaps you didn't see it in the last post………………  ???

jammin, scripturally speaking, is Jesus the SON OF this ONE Almighty God?  YES or NO?

i know greek mike. how about you?

Apparently better than you do.  Tell you what………  why not just post your lexicon that explains how the Greek word “monogenes” means “only son”.  Or ask Kathi like I've been telling you, for she understands the Greek language fairly well.

Most likely you are confused again, jammin.  If I pointed at my SON and said, “This is my only begotten (monogenes)”, then the word would be REFERRING TO my only son…. but it still wouldn't MEAN “only son”.  Is this what you're talking about when you say the word MEANS “only son”?

Oh, and when will you answer the bolded question?  (Will I have to ask it 12 times before you answer – like my last question?  :)  )

then ill post a lexicon mike.

Strong's Greek Lexicon Search Results

Result of search for “monogenes”:

3439. monogenes mon-og-en-ace' from 3441 and 1096; only-born, i.e. sole:–only (begotten, child).

did you see that mike??? did you see ONLY CHILD????

i told you to study greek mike before talking to me.
    you do not know what you are saying and you are a  big shame to your fellow false teachers. LOL

that is why scholars translated monogenes theos as GOD THE ONLY SON in john 1.18 bec monogenes also means only child.

poor mike.
    you talk too much.

btw
    where is your version of FORM OF HIS GOD in phil 2.6 and uniquely generated in john 1.18??

you are still not giving me any single version boy LOL

jammin,

You are a trip.  :)  Don't you see those PARENTHESIS in that lexicon?  They mean “as in”.  Ie:  “monogenes” means “only” – AS IN an only begotten anything, or AS IN an only child.  Also, notice that Strong uses the word “child”, not “SON”.

What if I refer to my DAUGTHER as my “monogenes”?  Then does the word “monogenes” start to MEAN “daughter”?   ???

Come on man!  Stop sniffing the mosquito coil and get your head screwed on straight for once.

I can refer to my son as my monogenes, but the “son” part is IMPLIED because the listener must already KNOW my child is a son.  The word “monogenes”, in and of itself, doesn't MEAN “son”, jammin.  Nor would it MEAN “daughter” if my only begotten was a girl.

As it turns out, you have once again proved that YOU'RE the one who doesn't know what he's saying, and YOU'RE the one who's a big shame to his fellow false teachers.

Now, listen up closely sonny:  The words in John 1:18 are EITHER “monogenes theos”, OR “monogenes huios”.

That means that John 1:18 speaks of EITHER an only begotten god, OR an only begotten son.

There is no way for 1:18 to be speaking of BOTH.  Therefore, a translation of “God the only Son” is a travesty, and perverts the scriptures.

Kathi, please, for the love of God, would you educate your less intelligent friend on this matter?

And jammin, please answer the bolded question in the quote box above.  If you answer that ONE simple question HONESTLY, you will be able to see that Jesus is not our ONE Almighty God.  (In fact, I suspect that is why you HAVEN'T answered it yet – because you feel better living in your comfortable LIE than in the truth of the scriptures.  Satan has blinded your mind to the truth.)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 28 2012,08:29)

Well jammin,

You already said that we only have ONE Almighty God, right?  And we know from scriptures that our ONE Almighty God has a Son named Jesus, right?

So you tell me who our ONE Almighty God is.  (Hint: He is the ONE who has a Son named Jesus.)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 28 2012,13:05)
    Mike,

(someone who has the nature of God and should be treated as God………….)

And who or what do you mean by your two uses of the word “God” in your parenthesis?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Oct. 24 2012,23:55)

Quote (mikeboll @ 64)
    I too would like to see the scriptural support of many of the things you promote on this site.

Mike,

IN THE NAME OF JESUS:

WITH PLEASURE!

BUT FIRST YOU MUST ASK EACH ONE SPECIFICLY AND SEPEARATELY!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Okay my friend.  :)

Let's start with this one:

LIGHTENUP,

THERE'S ONLY ONE SPIRIT OF GOD.

The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, have ONLY one will of GOD!!!

John 6:38
    For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.

Charles, this shows that Jesus has a DIFFERENT will than the One who sent him.  How do you explain that?

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,Oct. wrote:

He even offered Jesus the kingdoms of the world, which were given to him, if Jesus did an act of worship to him.

Mike,

No,

He was never aware of it.

Satan asked him :

If you were the son of God.

If he knew he wouldn't have tempted Him!!!

The Holy Spirit purposely DROVE Jesus to go into the desert, and He left Jesus ON hIS OWN to proof that

HE WAS AN ORDINARY MAN WITHOUT THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

SATAN BELIEVED THAT IT WAS NEVER POSSIBLE THAT A MAN WOULD BE BORN SINLESS IN THOSE CONDITIONS.

Jeremiah:32:27 Behold, I am the LORD, the

GOD OF ALL FLESH :

IS THERE ANY THING TOO HARD FOR ME?

That scripture is there purposely to confirm what Satan believed!!!

He wouldn't have entered Judas to kill Jesus.

KILLING THE MESSIAH MEANT THE END OF SATAN'S REIGN.

and God kept him perplexed!!!

The pharisees confirmed it.

They were Satan's voice.

Paul confirmed it ,and said that if they knew they wouldn't have  killed him.

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery,

A WISDOM WHICH IS HIDDEN,

which God ordained before the world, unto our glory :

8 Which none of the PRINCESS OF THIS WORLD KNEW;

WHO ARE THE PRINCESS OF THE WORLD???

for if they had known it, they would never have crucified the Lord of glory.

I WISH YOU DON'T TAKE SCRIPTURES ONLY LITERALLY.

Mark 8:And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the ancients and by the high priests, and the scribes, and be killed:

AND AFTER THREE DAYS RISE AGAIN.

32 And he spoke the word openly. And Peter taking him, BEGAN TO FEBUKE HIM.

33 Who turning about and seeing his disciples, threatened Peter, saying:

Go behind me, Satan, because thou savorest

NOT THE THINGS THAT ARE OF GOD BUT THAT ARE OF MEN.

THIS SCRIPTURE IS A PROOF THAT SATAN WAS NOT AWARE THAT JESUS WAS THE MESSIAH!!!

SATAN USED PETER TO REBUKE WHAT JESUS SAID.

Matthew  27:40And saying: Vah, thou that destroyest the temple of God, and in three days dost rebuild it: save thy own self:

IF YOU BE THE SON OF GOD, COME DOWN FROM THE CROSS.

AGAIN SCRIPTURE TO PROOF THAT SATAN IS NOT AWARE, HE WAS ALL THE WAY PERPLEXED!!!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 28 2012,14:48)

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 28 2012,13:05)
    Mike,

(someone who has the nature of God and should be treated as God………….)

And who or what do you mean by your two uses of the word “God” in your parenthesis?

God nature is the nature of one who is worshiped.
    Second 'God' means one who is worshiped.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

Kathi, please, for the love of God, would you educate your less intelligent friend on this matter?

Why are you having such a hissy fit about this Mike? If someone is an only begotten at the Father's side, and monogenes was written in the masculine sense, a son would be a natural implication. It is written in the masculine, and singular.

See here in Hebrews 11:
    By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises was offering up his only begotten son;

'Only begotten son' is how the translators translated monogenes. The word 'huios' is not there in the Greek.

So, 'monogenes theos' could very well be God the only Son or God the only begotten Son. Context tells you that 'God, the only begotten Son' was not the same as the Father.

I do agree with you that it should more simply say 'the only begotten God' for a simpler understanding but technically it isn't wrong to add the word 'son' also, as was done in Heb 11. The fact that Jesus is the only begotten Son is well established in the gospels.

carmel
    Participant

Lightenup,Oct. wrote:

[/quote]

I do not agree that any of those contexts speak of the Father getting human attributes.

Lightenup,

As soon as Jesus became man God,

Both the attributes of man and God were in Jesus!

HE WAS FULLY GOD AND FULLY MAN!!!

Therefore,:

JESUS MANIFESTED GOD'S ATTRIBUTES IN HIS FORM AS MAN!

FROM THE OTHER HAND SINCE THE FATHER  AS A SPIRIT,COULDN'T EXPERIENCE HUMAN ATTRIBUTES,

THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT IN JESUS HE EXPERIENCED ALL WHAT JESUS EZPERIENCED AS MAN.

SO GOD SAVED US THROUGH SUFFERING,AND DEATH IN JESUS!! THROUGH JESUS, AND FOR JESUS.

BUT GOD FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER EXPERIENCED HUMAN ATTRIBUTES IN JESUS CHRIST

IT IS FUNDAMENTAL

THAT' S WHY HE IS CONFIRMED THE TRUE GOD,NOT THAT HE WASN'T, BUT AS A SPIRIT HE WAS NOT IN THE TRUTH REGARDING HUMANS,SINCE THEY WERE VISIBLE.

BUT THROUGH JESUS CHRIST.

HE BECAME

BOTH FLESH AND SPIRIT

THAT'S WHY JESUS IS IN COMMAND OF BOTH HEAVEN SPIRIT AND EARTH FLESH ONLY HE IS IN THAT STATE,BUT THE FATHER AGAIN THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT IS ALSO IN FULL COMMAND!!!

SINCE THE SON AND THE FATEHR ARE ONE

THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT!!!

THE FATHER IS ONLY A SPIRIT BEING!!!

AND ON THE LAST THEY HE WOULD BE ALL IN ALL!!!

HE CREATED HIS SON'S KINGDOM TO ACQUIRE THE MYSTICAL BODY,
    NOT THAT HE NEEDED IT,

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF HIS CREATURES.

CHARITY AND LOVE

peace and love in Jesus

Charles

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 29 2012,06:40)

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 28 2012,08:29)

Well jammin,

You already said that we only have ONE Almighty God, right?  And we know from scriptures that our ONE Almighty God has a Son named Jesus, right?

So you tell me who our ONE Almighty God is.  (Hint:  He is the ONE who has a Son named Jesus.)

the son is God and he is almighty just like his father.
    they are both GOD by nature. and the nature of GOD is almighty.

now answer my question.
    who is that GOD almighty you are referring to?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 29 2012,06:31)

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 28 2012,08:27)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 28 2012,10:58)

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 27 2012,09:39)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 27 2012,09:32)

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 26 2012,00:11)
    monoegenes also means only son.

No it doesn't, jammin.

You should ask your friend Kathi about it and get the facts before you make yourself look even more foolish than you already do.

Also, this was the question I asked.  Perhaps you didn't see it in the last post………………  ???

jammin, scripturally speaking, is Jesus the SON OF this ONE Almighty God?  YES or NO?

i know greek mike. how about you?

Apparently better than you do.  Tell you what………  why not just post your lexicon that explains how the Greek word “monogenes” means “only son”.  Or ask Kathi like I've been telling you, for she understands the Greek language fairly well.

Most likely you are confused again, jammin.  If I pointed at my SON and said, “This is my only begotten (monogenes)”, then the word would be REFERRING TO my only son…. but it still wouldn't MEAN “only son”.  Is this what you're talking about when you say the word MEANS “only son”?

Oh, and when will you answer the bolded question?  (Will I have to ask it 12 times before you answer – like my last question?  :)  )

then ill post a lexicon mike.

Strong's Greek Lexicon Search Results

Result of search for “monogenes”:

3439. monogenes mon-og-en-ace' from 3441 and 1096; only-born, i.e. sole:–only (begotten, child).

did you see that mike??? did you see ONLY CHILD????

i told you to study greek mike before talking to me.
    you do not know what you are saying and you are a  big shame to your fellow false teachers. LOL

that is why scholars translated monogenes theos as GOD THE ONLY SON in john 1.18 bec monogenes also means only child.

poor mike.
    you talk too much.

btw
    where is your version of FORM OF HIS GOD in phil 2.6 and uniquely generated in john 1.18??

you are still not giving me any single version boy LOL

jammin,

You are a trip.  :)  Don't you see those PARENTHESIS in that lexicon?  They mean “as in”.  Ie:  “monogenes” means “only” – AS IN an only begotten anything, or AS IN an only child.  Also, notice that Strong uses the word “child”, not “SON”.

What if I refer to my DAUGTHER as my “monogenes”?  Then does the word “monogenes” start to MEAN “daughter”?   ???

Come on man!  Stop sniffing the mosquito coil and get your head screwed on straight for once.

I can refer to my son as my monogenes, but the “son” part is IMPLIED because the listener must already KNOW my child is a son.  The word “monogenes”, in and of itself, doesn't MEAN “son”, jammin.  Nor would it MEAN “daughter” if my only begotten was a girl.

As it turns out, you have once again proved that YOU'RE the one who doesn't know what he's saying, and YOU'RE the one who's a big shame to his fellow false teachers.

Now, listen up closely sonny:  The words in John 1:18 are EITHER “monogenes theos”, OR “monogenes huios”.

That means that John 1:18 speaks of EITHER an only begotten god, OR an only begotten son.

There is no way for 1:18 to be speaking of BOTH.  Therefore, a translation of “God the only Son” is a travesty, and perverts the scriptures.

And jammin, please answer the bolded question in the quote box above.  If you answer that ONE simple question HONESTLY, you will be able to see that Jesus is not our ONE Almighty God.  (In fact, I suspect that is why you HAVEN'T answered it yet – because you feel better living in your comfortable LIE than in the truth of the scriptures.  Satan has blinded your mind to the truth.)

do you know greek than those scholars who translated john 1.18 as GOD THE ONLY SON?

John 1:18

Common English Bible (CEB)

18 No one has ever seen God.
    God the only Son,
    who is at the Father’s side,
    has made God known.

you do not know greek mike. you are just pretending mike. LOL
    if the bible says GOD THE ONLY SON in john 1.18 then you should believe that boy.

btw, im still waiting for your version FORM OF HIS GOD in phil 2.6 and uniquely generated in john 1.18

will you give me version or not??

dont you have dignity mike? you are telling FORM OF HIS GOD and UNIQUELY GENERATED but YOU CANT READ THOSE IN THE BIBLE.
    shame on you boy

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,Oct. wrote:

[/quote]

For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.[/color]

Charles, this shows that Jesus has a DIFFERENT will than the One who sent him.  How do you explain that?  

Mike,

Yes as you said:

Jesus has a different will.

NOW READ HEREUNDER AND REFLECT THAT ALTHOUGH JESUS DID A DIFFERENT WILL WHICH WAS HIS, IN FACT IT WAS THE SAME OF THE FATHER:

John 5:25 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and giveth life: so THE SON ALSO GIVETH LIFE TO WHOM HE WILL

NOTICE JESUS GIVES LIFE :

SO HERE YOU HAVE A CLEAR PICTURE THAT BOTH THE FATHER AND THE SON ARE ONE

SINCE THEY BOTH GIVE LIFE!!!

CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHAT KIND OF LIFE THE FATHER GIVES???

CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHAT KIND OF LIFE THE SON GIVES???

SINCE AS YOU SAID JESUS HAD A DIFFERENT WILL???

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

terraricca
    Participant

charles

SINCE THEY BOTH GIVE LIFE!!!

CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHAT KIND OF LIFE THE FATHER GIVES???

CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHAT KIND OF LIFE THE SON GIVES???

SINCE AS YOU SAID JESUS HAD A DIFFERENT WILL???

in my humble opinion you forgot to mention THAT THE SON RECEIVED HIS AUTHORITY FROM THE FATHER ;THIS MEAN THAT THE FATHER GIVE LIVE THROUGH HIS SON AND THE SON LOVE TO COMPLY WITH HIS FATHER WILL ,

but this is your way ,to deceive i guess ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Oct. 28 2012,16:13)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 29 2012,06:13)

Mike,

No,

He was never aware of it.

Satan asked him :

If you were the son of God.

If he knew he wouldn't have tempted Him!!!

Are you saying that Satan was unaware that “God Almighty, the Son” was standing right in front of him?

Does that really seem reasonable to you, Charles?

Viewing 20 posts - 11,081 through 11,100 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account