JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 10,981 through 11,000 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 19 2012,03:24)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Oct. 18 2012,11:17)
    …….you guys already gave me a headache, i have to attempt to catch up.

I know the feeling.  Lately, I haven't been able to log on as frequently as before.  It sucks logging on just to find out 17 more pages have been added since your last post.  :)

Have you read any of jammin's posts yet?  He reminds me of you when you joined.  :)

Even though I rarely agree with him on doctrine, he cracks me up something fierce – just like you do.  :D

Mike,
    Comparing me to Jammin?

So unwise, I am alot more clever and dangerously so.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Oct. 19 2012,12:17)
    Mike,
    Comparing me to Jammin?

Ha ha ha ha!!!

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Oct. 19 2012,07:17)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 19 2012,03:24)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Oct. 18 2012,11:17)
    …….you guys already gave me a headache, i have to attempt to catch up.

I know the feeling.  Lately, I haven't been able to log on as frequently as before.  It sucks logging on just to find out 17 more pages have been added since your last post.  :)

Have you read any of jammin's posts yet?  He reminds me of you when you joined.  :)

Even though I rarely agree with him on doctrine, he cracks me up something fierce – just like you do.  :D

Mike,
    Comparing me to Jammin?

need blocks again ??? :D :D

carmel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 18 2012,16:45)

carmel,Oct. wrote:

Mike,

That’s what is wrong with you as I already told you.

You always compare God, and Jesus with MORTAL SINFUL CREATURES.

Solomon and David  are two INDIVDUAL identical CARNAL CREATURES  IN EVERY SENSE.

Let's change it to “Michael AND Gabriel” then.  Am I speaking about TWO individual beings?

How about “Jesus AND Gabriel”?  One being, or two?

How about “God AND Gabriel”?  One being, or two?

Mike,

You simply gone astray, as usual regarding God and Jesus.

CAN ANY CREATURE MATCHES THE FATHER??? NO
    CAN ANY CREATURE MATCHES THE SON ??? NO
    SINCE ALL HUMANS HAD A CARNAL FATHER.
    SINCE JESUS AS MAN, NOT AS A SPIRIT, HAS GOD ALMIGHTY HIS FATHER.

SO HOW ON EARTH YOU ARE COMPARING THE RELATION BETWEEN THE FATHER AND SON, WHEN NO ONE KNOWS WHO THE FATHER IS EXCEPT THE SON, AND NO ONE KNOWS WHO THE SON IS EXCEPT THE FATHER???

THERE’S NO COMPARISON AT ALL.
    YOU SAID:
    HOW ABOUT JESUS AND GABRIEL.
    JESUS IS THE CREATOR AND MEDIATOR, BY THE HOLY SPIRIT THROUGH THE FATHER  OF GABREAL!!!
    SO NO MATCH!!!

GOD AND GABRIEL:

GOD IS THE CREATOR BY JESUS'SPIRIT THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GABRIEL
    SO NO MATCH!!!

WHEN WILL YOU GET IT INTO YOUR CORRUPTED MIND THAT GOD AND HIS ATTRIBUTES, THEREFORE ALSO HIS SON,AND THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A MYSTERY???

YOU SIMPLY DO NOT RESPECT GOD AND WHAT’S DUE TO HIM.

Peace and love in Jesus
    Charles

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,Oct. wrote:

[/quote]

I cannot comment on that question.  I don't know the answer, because the answer is not in any scripture.

Mike,

READ AND REFLECT:

Jeremiah 32:41 And I will rejoice over them, when I shall do them good: and I will plant them in this land in truth, JESUS with my whole heart, JESUS'and with all my soul. JESUS'

IS IT IN SCRIPTURE???

Don't tell me that it is more obvious for you that ALMIGHTY GOD  has a HEART and a SOUL,THEN TO  ADMIT THAT GOD IS REFERING TO HIS SON JESUS AS HUMAN!!!

WHEN  THE SOULS WERE PUPOSELY CREATED BY GOD THROUGH JESUS' SPIRIT TO ACT AS A MEDIATOR.

DOES GOD NEED A SOUL THEN???

DOES GOD NEED A MEDIATOR THEN???

POOR MIKE YOU SIMPLY ARE LIVING IN PITCH DARK WITH YOUR PRIDE AND WORLDLY CORRUPTED WISDOM!!!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Charles,

What is it that you believe in concerning God?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 19 2012,01:51)

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 18 2012,05:59)
    18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and[a] is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Actually, John 1:18 speaks of an only begotten god, who is in close relationship to the Father.

Your version is bunk, and not even close to the teaching of the Greek words of 1:18.

really??

the greek word says monogenes theos.
    it also means GOD THE ONLY SON.

you should study greek mike before talking to me. you are saying that the version is bunk bec it does not support your false doctrine

jammin
    Participant

mike,

have you found any version that says FORM OF HIS GOD in phil 2.6???

where can i find your words/illusion mike?

LOL

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 19 2012,09:28)

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 18 2012,05:57)
    GOD is their nature.
    my example will always be you and your father. you are two in numbers but one in nature, HUMAN.

We are of one nature because we both belong to the same SPECIES:  human being.

Like I said, you and Kathi are DESCRIBING God as a SPECIES, even though you don't come right out and SAY the word “SPECIES”.

the word species cant be found in the bible.

if the bible is silent, you must be silent. stop fooling people mike.

if the bible says that the father and the son have the same nature then you should believe that. do not put your words in the bible.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 18 2012,22:28)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Oct. 19 2012,07:17)
    Mike,
    Comparing me to Jammin?

need blocks again ??? :D  :D

:)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Oct. 18 2012,23:59)
    YOU SAID:
    HOW ABOUT JESUS AND GABRIEL.
    JESUS IS THE CREATOR AND MEDIATOR, BY THE HOLY SPIRIT THROUGH THE FATHER  OF GABREAL!!!
    SO NO MATCH!!!

GOD AND GABRIEL:

GOD IS THE CREATOR BY JESUS'SPIRIT THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GABRIEL
    SO NO MATCH!!!

There is no scripture that says Jesus actually created anything.  The teaching is that the God of Jesus created all things THROUGH His holy servant Jesus Christ.

And it seems you acknowledge Jesus as the Mediator BETWEEN us and our God, right?  Why do we need a mediator, Charles?  Is it because we can no longer come directly to God due to our sins piling up to heaven?

If we have a mediator between us and God, then why is it that you think we've already reached God by the time we reach the mediator BETWEEN us and God?    ???

I would like a DIRECT answer to the following question this time, Charles:

If I say “God AND Gabriel”, am I talking about ONE being, or TWO?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 19 2012,03:36)

Not even in your wildest dreams does “monogenes theos” mean “God the only Son”.

Ask your friend Kathi about it, jammin. She'll confirm what I'm telling you.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 19 2012,03:40)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 19 2012,09:28)

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 18 2012,05:57)
    GOD is their nature.
    my example will always be you and your father. you are two in numbers but one in nature, HUMAN.

We are of one nature because we both belong to the same SPECIES:  human being.

Like I said, you and Kathi are DESCRIBING God as a SPECIES, even though you don't come right out and SAY the word “SPECIES”.

the word species cant be found in the bible.

if the bible is silent, you must be silent. stop fooling people mike.

if the bible says that the father and the son have the same nature then you should believe that. do not put your words in the bible.

jammin,

Here are some choices.  Would you and Kathi please pick the choice that conveys YOUR understanding?

Philippians 2:6  NET
    1.   who though he existed in the form of God the species known as “God”, did not regard equality with God the species known as “God” as something to be grasped

2.  who though he existed in the form of God the being known as “God”, did not regard equality with God the being known as “God” as something to be grasped

3.  who though he existed in the form of God the species known as “God”, did not regard equality with God the being known as “God” as something to be grasped

Which one fits your view the best?  Also, to whom or what does the SECOND use of the word “God” in this verse refer?  (I've asked this of Kathi, but she hasn't yet answered.)

And finally, when are you going to answer that question Kathi asked me- with a NUMBER?  How many theos are required for our salvation, jammin?  Just give a NUMBER.

(This is about the seventh time I've had to ask the same question.  When will you answer it DIRECTLY?)

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    This is a good translation of Phil 2:6 to show you the view that fits best, imo.

Philippians 2:6-11

New International Version (NIV)

6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
    did not consider equality with God (the Father) something to be used to his own advantage;
    7 rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
    8 And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death—
    even death on a cross!

9 Therefore God (the Father) exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
    10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
    11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 20 2012,16:09)

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 19 2012,03:36)

Not even in your wildest dreams does “monogenes theos” mean “God the only Son”.

Ask your friend Kathi about it, jammin.  She'll confirm what I'm telling you.

Mike,
    I heard a scholar talk about this and he explained how it can mean 'only unique kind' which an only begotten God would be. He mentioned something about the 'genes' of monogenes being from a different Greek word that means unique kind. If I come across it, I will let you know. It was on a video.

*I found it on the video about at the 1 hour point:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v….list=UL

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Oct. 18 2012,22:31)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 18 2012,20:05)

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 18 2012,06:44)
    This does not make Him less powerful than the Lamb, it just makes Him not qualified as one who had to overcome the temptation to sin and be slain. There are many things that the Lamb did that the Father did not do and many things that the Father does that the Lamb did not do. That only speaks to their different roles, not to their equality in nature. They are both equally theos in nature.

That sounds a lot better than what it seemed like you were saying before.

Perhaps Dennison and I misunderstood you before, but it seemed as if you were saying Jesus was more capable than his own God at certain things.

But I agree that if the qualifications have to do with being tempted and overcoming that temptation, then Jesus is qualified and his God is not, for God cannot even be tempted in the first place.

Mike,

With all curiousity,
    What do you mean by Jesus being tempted?
    For example.

Do you mean, Jesus had a desire to sin, but didn't?

or something else?

Can you answer this question Mike?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 18 2012,12:31)

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 18 2012,22:47)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 18 2012,11:39)
    kathi

This does not make Him less powerful than the Lamb, it just makes Him not qualified as one who had to overcome the temptation to sin and be slain. There are many things that the Lamb did that the Father did not do and many things that the Father does that the Lamb did not do. That only speaks to their different roles, not to their equality in nature. They are both equally theos in nature.

God is equal to no one,this his a fact, all others are of his creation ,this is not a contest of who can do what ,but of Gods will ,who,when and were ,why this is so thats Gods arragement not men's ,if God make it known to men that's because it should been known by him at the apropriate time ,how God make it known his for the purpose of restricting access and so make it only known to those he chose ,

Glory his a shared comodity ;like Christ is his father GLORY the disciples of Christ are his GLORY the GLORY of the disciples are the results of their preachings ,and so we become as true believers in THEIR MESSAGE PART OF THEIR GLORY ,,

BUT ALL GLORY BELONGS TO GOD BECAUSE HE AD MADED TO BE THAT WAY.

You are wrong Pierre. Heb 1:3 does say that one is just like the other.

kathi

Heb 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
    Heb 1:4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
    Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

NOW SINS WHEN IS ;the brightness of his glory AND THE ; the express image of his person; MAKES THE SON EQUAL TO THE FATHER ???????????

Heb 1:3
    And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

The “exact representation of His nature” tells you that He is an exact reproduction:

http://biblesuite.com/greek/5481.htm

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 20 2012,19:16)
    Mike,
    I heard a scholar talk about this and he explained how it can mean 'only unique kind' which an only begotten God would be.

The Greek word “genes” comes from the word “ginomai”, which generally means “generated”. But Jesus can't LITERALLY be God's ONLY generated son, for God has generated many sons.

I agree that it must have an implied meaning of “unique” – as in “uniquely generated”.

But could you tell jammin that “God the only SON” is not a viable translation of “monogenes theos”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 20 2012,19:10)
    Mike,
    This is a good translation of Phil 2:6 to show you the view that fits best, imo.

Philippians 2:6-11

New International Version (NIV)

6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
       did not consider equality with God (the Father) something to be used to his own advantage;

I'd like to add that footnote “A” in your translation says, “Or in the form of“.   :)

Kathi, you didn't list what you think was meant by the first “God”.  Would you do so?

I'd also like to know how you came to your conclusion that the first use of “God” has a different meaning than the second use of “God” in the same sentence.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

But could you tell jammin that “God the only SON” is not a viable translation of “monogenes theos”?

I think that jammin understands monogenes theos as the only begotten God. I think that what you have in quote marks, he means to say 'the only begotten God that is the only begotten Son.'

Viewing 20 posts - 10,981 through 11,000 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account