JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 10,641 through 10,660 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 05 2012,02:41)

Quote (carmel @ Oct. 03 2012,13:54)
    Mike,

It seems, you are about to admit that Jesus is God in flesh, since
    GOD WAS IN HIS HOLY SERVANT JESUS’FLESH BODY.

No Charles,

Because, unlike you, I am able to understand the DIFFERENCE between “God was in him” and “He was God”.

Are you?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Yes Ed.

In fact it seems fairly simple – like a 3rd grader could understand it. If the one being known as “God” is “in” someone else, then that someone else cannot possibly be the God who was “in” him.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 05 2012,04:48)
    Yes Ed.

In fact it seems fairly simple – like a 3rd grader could understand it.  If the one being known as “God” is “in” someone else, then that someone else cannot possibly be the God who was “in” him.

Yes Mike,

Perhaps now you understand what Thomas meant.

John 14:5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest;
    and how can we know the way? (Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and
    put my finger into the print of the nails,
    and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe. John 20:25)

John 10:38: But if I do, though ye believe not me,
    believe the works: that ye may know,
    and believe, that  the Father is in me, and I in him.

Thomas recognized YHVH in Jesus! (John 20:28)
    THOMAS THEREFORE BELIEVED THE WORKS! (John 20:29)
    John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me,
    thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

2Cor.5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ,
    reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing
    their trespasses unto them(because of Christ); and hath
    committed unto us (HolySpirit)”The Word” of reconciliation.

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I (die) go away: for
    if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
    John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he(God) shall give you another Comforter(the HolySpirit),
    that he(God) may abide with you for ever; (Note: Emmanuel also means “God with us”: Matthew 1:23)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

The scriptural version:

John 20:28
    Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”
     (The pronoun “him” refers back to “Jesus”, who was named in verse 26……..just like the pronoun “he” in verse 27 also refers back to “Jesus”.)

Ed's version:
    28 Thomas said to Jehovah, whom Thomas noticed dwelling in Jesus, “My Lord and my God!”

Ed, one of these two versions reflect the actual words of the scriptures.  The other version reflects a man's zeal to form the scriptures around their own personal understandings.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 05 2012,02:26)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Oct. 02 2012,17:27)
    You and mikebulls'64 can worship your FALSE “gods” till you are blue in the face for all I care!

Frank,

Why do you post that Kerwin and I “worship” other gods?  Have either of us ever given any indication that we “worship” any god other than Jehovah, the God OF these other gods”?

Please post accurately about the other members here – to the best of your ability.  Failure to do so will result in tiles.  Also, address the members here by their user names, or a RESPECTABLE equivalent.  If you purposely butcher the other members names here anymore, it will also result in a tile.

You can address me as “mikeboll 64”, or “mike”, or “m” or “64”, or things to that effect.  You are not allowed anymore to address me as “mikebulls'64”.  Nor will you address Terraricca as “Pie-ear”.

Grow up and show some common courtesy, or go somewhere else.

Oh no! Here goes m'64 threating to wield his almighty godly tiles!  :laugh:

m'64,

I do not believe that I spoke in error and I believe that I have spoken to the best of my ability. since it is my understanding that you recognize YOUR “Jesus” as “a god”, right? And would not YOUR “Jesus” be another “god” other than YOUR “Jehovah God”? It also seems to me that you are being hypocritical, since I distinctly remember your saying to me just recently that I do not have knowledge of Scripture. Of cource I am paraphasing you here, since I do not have the time to go back and look up exacly what you said. But if you disagree, I will be glad to quote you exactly at a later time and also bring up some other things that you have said against me that are not accurate concerning me. It seems to me that you have taken a number of liberties here in this forum in believing that you know me and what it is that I believe, when you obviously do not. If I am wrong about what I state about others here and what they believe, I would be more than glad to here any correction. I would also like for you to take into consideration that it is quite difficult to post accuately about others in a forum setting such as this especally when they do not voice clearly what it is that they do believe in accordance with every aspect of what it is that they do believe. Just remember this! I have told you from Jump Street that I did not wish to enter into a debate with anyone here about what it is that I believe, but some are just persistent in confronting me, and I feel that I must respond when spoken to. I myself would rather that no one other than my brothers and sisters of like-precious belief respond to what it is that I post here, since all I get from others is direspect of what it is that I believe. But if others persist in confronting me here about what it is that I believe and convey to me that I dod not know what I am talking about, I can only do my best to respond to them in like manner in accordance with the manner that they respond to me. In other words, what goes around comes around, and if one does not like my responding to them in like manner in how they respond to me, then all I can suggest is that they simply ignore what it is that I post and simply do not respond to my post. A couple of examples that I distictly remember in how others have responded to me in this forum is that I have been told that I am being “arrogant and “proud”, when I have done nothing more than simply state what it is that I believe. I also noted that you or any other moderator of this forum never even made any attempt to correct them in how they had respoded to me in saying “… post accurately about the other members here”. In the manner that you have just responded to me, I can only conclude that maybe you feel that I am not in actuality a real member of this forum and you feel that others here can respond to me any manner that they like. Maybe you should take your own advise and grow up and show some common courtesy!

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

ELOHIM: ONE, OR MORE THAN ONE?
    Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    Philippians 2:5-11
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Oct. 04 2012,12:39)
    m'64,

……..it is my understanding that you recognize YOUR “Jesus” as “a god”, right? And would not YOUR “Jesus” be another “god” other than YOUR “Jehovah God”?

Frank,

I worship and serve as God ONLY Jehovah – the God of gods who created the heavens, the earth, and everything in them, including His Son Jesus Christ.

You should now be very clear on this matter, and I should therefore never have to read another post from you where you talk about me worshipping “gods”.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 05 2012,02:34)

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 04 2012,04:24)
    the vice president is not the president but they are both HUMAN by nature…………

So then you understand that Jesus (vice-president) is not God Almighty (The President)?  Good for you, jammin.

do not cut my post. paste the whole post mike.

they are both GOD by nature and God by nature is not limited but MAN.

i believe what paul said.
    Christ is equal with God.
    Philippians 2:6

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

6 Although he was in the form of God and equal with God,
    he did not take advantage of this equality.

they are both God by nature.
    John 1:18

New Living Translation (NLT)

18 No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father’s heart. He has revealed God to us.

Christ is almighty just like what john said in rev 1.8

Revelation 1:8

Worldwide English (New Testament) (WE)

8 The Lord God says, `I am the First and the Last. I am the beginning and the ending. I live now. I always have lived, and I will come again . I have all power.'

New International Version (NIV)

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

I am Alpha and Omega,…. These are the words of Christ himself, appearing at once, and confirming what John had said of him, concerning his person, offices, and future coming:

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary
    Let us think frequently upon the second coming of Christ. He shall come, to the terror of those who wound and crucify him by apostacy: he shall come, to the astonishment of the whole world of the ungodly. He is the Beginning and the End; all things are from him and for him; he is the Almighty; the same eternal and unchanged One.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 05 2012,05:17)
    The scriptural version:

(The pronoun “him” refers back to “Jesus”, who was named in verse 26……..just like the pronoun “he” in verse 27 also refers back to “Jesus”.)

why are you posting john 20.28?? you dont believe what thomas said mike.

you believe Christ is god and not God.
    LOL

if thomas said God, he is really God! equal with his father! the apostles know that but you are ignoring this truth mike. you want others to believe your illusion.

i told you to make another version of bible to support your doctrine

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 05 2012,09:44)

The scriptural version:

LOL

if thomas said God, he is really God! equal with his father! the apostles know that but you are ignoring this truth mike. you want others to believe your illusion.

Hi Jammin,

You mean like the many corrupt versions that support yours?   :D

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Oct. 04 2012,23:57)

Is the vice president acting in some president activity for any reason ,would this actions of his make him president ??? yes or no

Terraricca,

It seems to me that for you there is no difference:

BETWEEN GOD AND HIS EVIL CARNAL CREATURES

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Carmel

That is no answer ,is my question so difficult to answer it???

carmel
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 05 2012,13:39)

Is the vice president acting in some president activity for any reason ,would this actions of his make him president ??? yes or no

Terraricca,

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Carmel

Terraricca,

My post was regarding GOD!!!

Your question has nothing to do with GOD!!!

KEEP YOUR POSTS WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF GOD.

HUMAN ATTRIBUTES ARE NOT OF GOD.

HUMAN ATTRIBUTES WOULD BECOME OF GOD WHEN, THE HUMAN HIMSELF MANIFEST THEM IN THE NAME OF :

THE ONLY TRUE FLESH VISIBLE GOD WHO WALKED ON EARTH,AND AS MAN, MANIFESTED GOD'S ATTRIBUTES IN EVERY SENSE AS PROOF THAT THE FATHER BECAME MAN IN JESUS CHRIST.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 05 2012,02:18)

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 02 2012,16:59)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 03 2012,06:09)
    And how exactly does Christ leaving us an example equate to “Jesus is God Most High”?   ???  

mike,

i believe what apostle paul said.
    he is equal with God

In Phil 2:6, Paul teaches that Christ didn't consider equality with his God was a thing to be grasped.

But at least you are ALMOST acknowledging that Christ being an example does NOT mean Christ is God Almighty.  That is a step in the right direction – which brings us back to my question:

jammin, do you think that God Almighty prayed to, obeyed, and worshiped HIMSELF to show us how it is supposed to be done?  YES or NO?

He will not answer you the same he did to me.

His recognized God, worship and pray to himself?

His recognized God, sent Himself and hath offered himself to himself?

He owe me a lot of answers.

:D

kerwin
    Participant

Frank,

I do not hold that Jesus is an angel; even a unique breed of angel; as he is the Descendant of the human David, miraculously conceived of the virgin Mary.
    I do know that both angels and demons are called “gods” in scripture and that the wicked and ignorant peoples are accused of worshipping them.  Here is another passage:

Psalm 106:37
    King James Version (KJV)

37 Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters unto devils,

Leviticus 17:7
    King James Version (KJV)
    7 And they shall no more offer their sacrifices unto devils, after whom they have gone a whoring. This shall be a statute for ever unto them throughout their generations.

1 Corinthians 10:20
    King James Version (KJV)
    20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

Clearly Scripture calls foreign gods devils so calling foreign gods devils is not an error.  

1 Corinthians 8:4
    King James Version (KJV)

4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

Some may ask “why an idol is nothing if it represents a demon?”
    Some Egyptians once claimed their pharaoh was a god; the son of their chief God.
    If there arose up among them those who build an idol and worshipped it would it be anything?
    If through miraculous means the pharaoh heard his worshippers’ pleas and answered them; then would the idol become anything?
    Why don’t you think a demon would do as this pharaoh did?

Deuteronomy 32:17
    King James Version (KJV)

17 They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not.

Some may ask how creatures as ancient as demons can be called new.  I have purchased a new car that others owned before me.  These gods are new on the scene as their fathers did not know them but that does not mean they did not previously exist.

The word translated as “god” has its origin from the Hebrew root 'yl, ul, or wl' and simly means power [authority], strength, or might. In accordance with Scripture, it is Father Yahweh Who is the ONE and ONLY TRUE source of power [authority], strength or might.

I am with you up to this point.

ALL other so-called or false “gods” have no power [authority], strength or might whatsoever…

I am still with you here, though I would add the words “of their own”, as do you later.

Father Yahweh most certainly would not give these false or so-called “gods” power [authority], strength or might

This I disagree with as Yahweh gives such authority to wrongdoers to test hearts. Your example reveals Yahweh chose not to give Baal authority at that time just as he did not give Satan the authority to kill Job at another time.

Barnes reveals his bias with the words “Of most of them it was a fact that they had no existence at all, but were mere creatures of fancy.”  He does this as he jumps to a conclusion without evidence.  Nevertheless he acknowledges some do exist and about them states “Of those that did really exist, as the sun, moon, stars, animals, or the spirits of departed people, though it was true that they had an actual existence, yet it was also true that they had no existence “as gods,” or as entitled to worship; and hence, it was also true that the worship offered to them was as vain…”

Demons exist and being demons they do demon things.  They are not Yahweh; but they pretend to be God as he is God in order to ensnare the ignorant and corrupt.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Oct. 05 2012,17:13)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 05 2012,02:18)

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 02 2012,16:59)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 03 2012,06:09)
    And how exactly does Christ leaving us an example equate to “Jesus is God Most High”?   ???  

mike,

i believe what apostle paul said.
    he is equal with God

In Phil 2:6, Paul teaches that Christ didn't consider equality with his God was a thing to be grasped.

But at least you are ALMOST acknowledging that Christ being an example does NOT mean Christ is God Almighty.  That is a step in the right direction – which brings us back to my question:

jammin, do you think that God Almighty prayed to, obeyed, and worshiped HIMSELF to show us how it is supposed to be done?  YES or NO?

He will not answer you the same he did to me.

His recognized God, worship and pray to himself?

His recognized God, sent Himself and hath offered himself to himself?

He owe me a lot of answers.

:D

before you talk, fix first your doctrine. LOL

i thought NLT does not believe Christ as GOD>
    but NLT says he is GOD LOL

i already answered your questions and what you are doing is only an excuse LOL
    sorry boy.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 05 2012,11:26)

The scriptural version:

LOL

Hi Jammin,

God bless

bec the versions do not support your doctrine, you will say that they are corrupted versions.

even the greek bible does not agree with your doctrine.

that is just your excuse. it is very obvious boy LOL

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Oct. 06 2012,00:12)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 05 2012,13:39)

Terraricca,

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Carmel

Terraricca,

My post was regarding GOD!!!

Your question has nothing to do with GOD!!!

KEEP YOUR POSTS WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF GOD.

HUMAN ATTRIBUTES ARE NOT OF GOD.

HUMAN ATTRIBUTES WOULD BECOME OF GOD WHEN, THE HUMAN HIMSELF MANIFEST THEM IN THE NAME OF :

THE ONLY TRUE FLESH VISIBLE GOD WHO WALKED ON EARTH,AND AS MAN, MANIFESTED GOD'S ATTRIBUTES IN EVERY SENSE AS PROOF THAT THE FATHER BECAME MAN IN JESUS CHRIST.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

CARMEL

God is the almighty and his son is the second in comment ,scriptures are clear on this ,

this is why I give my question with ;Is the vice president acting in some president activity for any reason ,would this actions of his make him president yes or no

because it is true that Christ is acting on his father behalf but for that reason it does not make him his own father ,

your answer declared your heart ,and your believe but not the truth of God

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 04 2012,17:31)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 05 2012,02:34)

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 04 2012,04:24)
    the vice president is not the president but they are both HUMAN by nature…………

So then you understand that Jesus (vice-president) is not God Almighty (The President)?  Good for you, jammin.

do not cut my post. paste the whole post mike.

they are both GOD by nature and God by nature is not limited but MAN.

i believe what paul said.
    Christ is equal with God.

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

6     Although he was in the form of God and equal with God,
    he did not take advantage of this equality.

they are both God by nature.
    John 1:18

New Living Translation (NLT)

18 No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father’s heart. He has revealed God to us.

Christ is almighty just like what john said in rev 1.8

Worldwide English (New Testament) (WE)

8 The Lord God says, `I am the First and the Last. I am the beginning and the ending. I live now. I always have lived, and I will come again . I have all power.'

New International Version (NIV)

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

I am Alpha and Omega,…. These are the words of Christ himself, appearing at once, and confirming what John had said of him, concerning his person, offices, and future coming:

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary
    Let us think frequently upon the second coming of Christ. He shall come, to the terror of those who wound and crucify him by apostacy: he shall come, to the astonishment of the whole world of the ungodly. He is the Beginning and the End; all things are from him and for him; he is the Almighty; the same eternal and unchanged One.

Great post jammin, keep it up!

God bless!
    :;):

jammin
    Participant

tnx sis kathi :)

Godbless

Lightenup
    Participant

jammin,
    ikaw ay salubungin :D

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 05 2012,22:21)

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 05 2012,11:26)

The scriptural version:

LOL

Hi Jammin,

God bless

bec the versions do not support your doctrine, you will say that they are corrupted versions.

even the greek bible does not agree with your doctrine.

that is just your excuse. it is very obvious boy LOL

Hi Jammin,

The currupt English versions trace their roots back to 'three' corrupt Greek versions.

The 'Codex Sinaiticvs', 'Codex Vaticanvs' and 'Nestle text' are all corrupt text.  (Link)

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 10,641 through 10,660 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account