JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 10,561 through 10,580 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 25 2012,17:03)
    truly Christ was killed bec the jews do not want to accept that he is God.

Really? Puny human beings didn't want to accept that Jesus was God, so they KILLED GOD? ???

Did you forget to take your vitamins again, jammin?

Proclaimer
    Participant

The Jewish leaders replied, “We have a law, and according to our law he ought to die, because he claimed to be the Son of God!” (John 19:7)

I don't see the charge that he claimed to be YHWH or God. That would have been an easier conviction don't you think.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 25 2012,22:41)
    Jesus WAS killed because the Pharisees believed that He blasphemed:

Mak 14:60Then the high priest stood up before them and asked Jesus, “Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?” 61But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer.

Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?”

62“I am,” said Jesus. “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

63The high priest tore his clothes. “Why do we need any more witnesses?” he asked. 64“You have heard the blasphemy. What do you think?”

They all condemned him as worthy of death.
    65Then some began to spit at him; they blindfolded him, struck him with their fists, and said, “Prophesy!” And the guards took him and beat him.

Kathi,

Jesus was killed because the Pharisees feared the Romans more than they believed Jesus to the Son of God.

The high priest declared it was better that one man die than the country. He meant one thing while Jehovah used him to say another.

They might have used a trumped up charge of blaspheme to accomplish that goal.

The Jews also teach the Messiah is the Son of God. They are not calling him Jehovah when they so teach.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 26 2012,03:49)
    limjunus,
    From what you say, you do NOT believe in the literal Son of God which is the foundational truth of the church. The literal son would be the 'like begat like' type, the very God of/from very God, Light of Light.

Lightenup,

To make it clear.

“I do not believe that Jesus Christ is the only true God.

I believe that Jesus is the Son of God, the Christ, sent by God.

Jesus Christ is separated from God and have an independent characteristic for being humankind and not in the position of Celestial Supreme Being (true God).

JESUS SENT BY GOD (commanded to go), meaning, he was sent by other party with the higher authority than him.

If I will agree with you that Jesus is truly God, it shall come out that the true God is sending another true God, to go down here on earth.

We could not denied that we should accept that there are two true Gods separately; One true God in heaven and another one true God, here on earth.

and we are not in accord with God, doctrines that there is one only true God.(Ref: Isa. 43:10 / John 17:3 / 1 Cor. 8:6).

A very strong evidence that we are against the truth of God, and we are only justifying the judgement of God, against us.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 26 2012,11:07)

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 25 2012,17:03)
    kathi,

mike does not want to accpt that truth. for mike, Christ was not worshiped even if the bible said that.
    he will change the word worship and use his one and only NWT

How do you say “one and only NWT” when I listed about SEVEN Bibles that DON'T say “worshiped” in John 9:38?  ???

And even our resident joker Frank has a point on this one, for the word worship can mean:
    worship
    6. to render religious reverence and homage to.

7. to feel an adoring reverence or regard for (any person or thing).

So, if you like the translation of “worshiped” better than “did obeisance to”, it's fine with me…………… just as long as you understand that nobody in scripture ever “worshiped” Jesus as if they thought he was the very God he was the Son of.  (That asinine, illogical theory didn't come along until many years after Jesus died.)

And the fact that the Pharisees eye witnessed one of these acts of “worship” in John 9, and said nothing about it, tells us that it wasn't an act of “God-worship”, right?

LOL

that is true mike. you can use your one and ONLY NWT to support your imagination LOL

you cant accpt that Christ is God just like the jews.

that is written mike. dont you believe that?

make your own version for u to have 2 versions
    one is the NWT and the other is your version LOL

those versions can support your imagination LOL

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 26 2012,03:53)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 25 2012,01:29)
    Hi Jammin,

Is not the bible consistent without?

Ed,

Did you mean, “consistent THROUGHOUT”?

:D

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 26 2012,10:03)
    ed,

read the context. do not jump to the other verses and conclude that they have the same meaning.
    it is not a comic. the bible will not agree to your illusion and even commentaries.

limjunus,

you have illogical reasoning boy LOL
    paul said Christ is the only LORD. therefore, if i will follow your argument, the father is not LORD to you.
    you said that you cant read in 1 cor 8.6 that Christ is Lord as being the head of the church

why dont you make your own version to support you imagination LOL

kathi,

mike does not want to accpt that truth. for mike, Christ was not worshiped even if the bible said that.
    he will change the word worship and use his one and only NWT LOL

Hi Jammin

Are you suggesting that the Jews (according to you) killed God?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 26 2012,15:00)
    How do you say “one and only NWT” when I listed about SEVEN Bibles that DON'T say “worshiped” in John 9:38?  ???

And even our resident joker Frank has a point on this one, for the word worship can mean:
    worship
    6. to render religious reverence and homage to.

7. to feel an adoring reverence or regard for (any person or thing).

So, if you like the translation of “worshiped” better than “did obeisance to”, it's fine with me…………… just as long as you understand that nobody in scripture ever “worshiped” Jesus as if they thought he was the very God he was the Son of.  (That asinine, illogical theory didn't come along until many years after Jesus died.)

And the fact that the Pharisees eye witnessed one of these acts of “worship” in John 9, and said nothing about it, tells us that it wasn't an act of “God-worship”, right?[/quote]
    LOL

Mike,

According to some other preachers of the world.

The Jews failed to recognize that Jesus Christ is the true God?

and according to them (preachers of the world) Jesus Christ, claiming that he is the true God, that is why the Jews accusing him “Blasphemy”?

Therefore, the conclusion of the other preachers of the world, were in disarray. Because, if Jesus Christ is the true God, they could not kill him. The true God is immortal (never die).

The Jews have their existing law, that “no one could claimed the Son of God”…. and it would be more worse than case of blasphemy if someone claiming that he is the true God.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 26 2012,16:27)

ed,

read the context. do not jump to the other verses and conclude that they have the same meaning.
    it is not a comic. the bible will not agree to your illusion and even commentaries.

limjunus,

paul said Christ is the only LORD. therefore, if i will follow your argument, the father is not LORD to you.
    you said that you cant read in 1 cor 8.6 that Christ is Lord as being the head of the church

kathi,

Hi Jammin

God bless

Jammin,

Do not forget or set aside, you owe me a lots of answers

Answer my questions first, before you could launch the talks.

limjunus
    Participant

Ed j,

The true God, has been killed by the Jews! Jammin version?

That's why he could not able to answer my questions?

He really do not know who is the true God, and he (Jammin) truly do not know the attributes of the true God.

Do you think, he will answer your question? let me see it. LOL (bold)

carmel
    Participant

Why didn't the PHARISEES, who supposedly saw Jesus accept WORSHIP from the man, bring this up at his trial – or even right there and right then?

Mike ,

How many times the pharisees tried to kill him, for the same reason, that JESUS  PROCLAIMED THROUGH HIS WORK THAT HE WAS GOD IN FLESH.

AND MYSTERIOUSLY THAY FAILED, THEY EVEN DRAGGED HIM TO THROW HIM OVER, BUT HE VANISHED'

THEY SIMPLY GAVE UP SINCE HE WAS SO POWERFUL.

John 14:6
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

SO WITHIN THIS SATANIC WORLD, THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY,ONE TRUTH, ONE LIFE,AND IT'S ALL IN JESUS CHRIST.

NO CHRIST NO FATHER GOD.

SO JESUS IS GOD FOR US SATANIC ELEMENTS.

WE REJECTED THE FATHER AND ACCEPTED SATAN WITHIN OUR SOULS THROUGH ADAM.

WE LOST SPIRITUALLITY, THE ONLY APPROPRIATE COMUNICATION WITH THE FATHER.

SO THE FATHER HAD TO LOWER HIMSELF AND BECOME A CARNAL BEING IN JESUS CHRIST HIS SON THROUGH THE HOLYSPIRIT.

HE MYSTERIOUSLY WAS BURRIED IN HIS SON'S SPIRIT BY THE HOLY SPIRIT THROUGHTOUT OUR CREATION.

YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN THIS ,BECAUSE IT CONTRADICTS YOUR REJECTION OF THE TRIUNE GOD.

READ AND REFLECT:

7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT :

EXPLAIN:

FROM HERE ONWARDS YOU KNOW HIM, AND HAVE SEEN HIM!!!

WHOM THEY HAVE SEEN THE FATHER, THE SON, OR BOTH???

IN SPIRIT AND IN FLESH. IN GOD AND MAN.

8Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?

WHY JESUS ASKED PHILIP THE ABOVE WORDS, WHAT, ACCORDING TO JESUS PHILIP DIDN'T REALIZE IN JESUS' ENTITY???

10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?

BELIEVE YOU NOT THAT I AM ONE SPIRIT IN THE FATHER, AND MY FATHER IS ONE HUMAN IN ME???

the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself

THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK UNTO YOU,WHICH ARE ALL SPIRITUAL, I SPEAK NOT OF MY OWN FLESH BODY

: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

BUT THE SPIRIT OF MY FATHER IN HIS FULLNESS THAT DWELL IN ME, HE DOSE THE SPIRITUALL WORKS

11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

OR ELSE BELIEVE ME FOR THE WORKS I PERFORM WHICH ARE NOT HUMAN,BUT GODLY

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Charles,

Remember at the mount of transfiguration Jesus
    was assured of his resurrection by Moses and Elijah.
    Thomas said: unless I see and touch I will not believe.

Afterward Thomas believed: and said
    unto him, My Lord and my God.  (John 20:28)
    To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself” (2 Cor 5:19)
    2 Cor 5:19 spells out clearly why Thomas said what he said; there is no hidden messages in his words,Charles.

Jesus said to Philip: (John 14:11) Believe me that I in the Father,
    and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works sake.

Thomas believed for the very works sake!

God bless

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 25 2012,19:54)
    The Jewish leaders replied, “We have a law, and according to our law he ought to die, because he claimed to be the Son of God!” (John 19:7)

I don't see the charge that he claimed to be YHWH or God. That would have been an easier conviction don't you think.

Leviticus 24:16 anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD must be put to death. The entire assembly must stone him. Whether an alien or native-born, when he blasphemes the Name, he must be put to death.

John 5:18 For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

John 10:33 “We are not stoning you for any of these,” replied the Jews, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

It seems obvious that Jesus was claiming to be the literal son of God or He would not have had those things said about Him, i.e. that He was making Himself equal to God. The Jews understood what like begets like is which would mean very God begat very God, Light begat Light, hence the Nicene Creed. Anything less would not be a literal son. That is really the bottom line. Do you believe in a 'like begat like' literal Son or not.

1 John 5
    9If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater; for the testimony of God is this, that He has testified concerning His Son. 10The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son. 11And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

Is believing in the Son as a figurative son and not a literal son calling God a liar?? Most people on HN do not believe in a literal Son of God, from what I can tell.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 26 2012,08:31)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 25 2012,12:54)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 26 2012,04:47)

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 25 2012,11:16)
    I showed you that Jehovah is not only God of gods but Lord of lords. We are to worship both.

WHERE exactly, in scripture, are we told to worship BOTH – as if we have TWO Almighty Gods we need to worship?

To ALL,

Yes, we are to “worship” both Father Yahweh and His son Yahshua. Do not be deceived by mikebulls'64 and his twisting of Father Yahweh's inspired prophetic word!

Frank,

Do you believe we should worship Jesus as if he were God Almighty?  Of course not.  Does KATHI think we should?  Absolutely!  In fact, SHE believes that we have TWO Almighty Gods, and Jesus is “God Almighty, the Son”.

Yet here you are, making it clear that I am the one with whom you disagree – not her.  ???

Frank, is it possible that you just like to disagree with me, despite what I've said?  I only wonder because in a recent post, you said:

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 21 2012,18:52)
    “The evidence at hand is inconclusive at best. …” concerning Yahchanan [John] 1:18:

To which I said:

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 24 2012,06:13)
    I agree.

You also said:

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 21 2012,18:52)
    My stance would be IF “the only begotten God” were a more accurate translation than “the only begotten Son“, then the word “God” or “god” would simply be in reference to “power (authority), strength, or might”

To which I said:

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 24 2012,06:13)
    I agree with this also.

But despite the fact that I was agreeing with words YOU actually posted, you responded with:

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 24 2012,16:59)
    To ALL,
    Just to make it quite clear, mikebull's64 and I do not agree as he would deceptively want you to believe!  :laugh:

It seems that you just like to disagree with me – no matter what it is that I've posted.  That, coupled with the fact that you insist upon addressing members here with your own, twisted version of their names, leads me to conclude that you are a childish, hateful, little man.

I will pray for you.

mikebulls'64,

The fact is, I never said “The evidence at hand is inconclusive at best. …” concerning Yahchanan [John] 1:18″. This is in fact an excerpt from the article that I left a link to as a “SOURCE.” If you would have read what was said in accordance with the context you would have known that the author of the article does have a conclusion.

It is you that believes that “Gods” are of value and have power, not I! :D

I have made in very clear that I belive that ALL of the “Gods” of the nations (gentiles, heathens, goyim) outside of Ysryl are nothing but worthless idols that can not speak or move and have no power whatsoever as Scripture clearly teaches.

BAAL God
    LORD God
    http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/YAHWEHFrank/BaalGad.html

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

ELOHIM: ONE, OR MORE THAN ONE?
    Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    Philippians 2:5-11
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 26 2012,16:52)

ed,

limjunus,

kathi,

Hi Jammin

God bless

Jammin,

Do not forget or set aside, you owe me a lots of answers

Answer my questions first, before you could launch the talks.

you are not answering my questions and you wnt to me answer yours? LOL

limjunus have you read your favorite NLT? i thought NLT does not teach that Christ is God.LOL

have you read phil 2.6 of NLT? LOL

make your own version boy and make sure that that version will support all of your imagination. LOL

make a bible that all verses will supprt your false doctrine

jammin
    Participant

ed,

limjunus,

kathi,

Hi Jammin

God bless

have not you read the book of john? LOL

wear eyeglasses boy.

oh i forgot, you are a dreamer boy LOL

your doctrine that the WORD in john 1.1 is the HS is nowhere in john 1.1-14 LOL

make your own version of john 1.1
    LOL

jammin
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 26 2012,16:58)

Ed j,

He really do not know who is the true God, and he (Jammin) truly do not know the attributes of the true God.

read your bible boy and not your pasugo LOL

poor limjunus .. he wants his illusion to be accepted by men even if the bible says Christ is God.

john 1.18 says that. he is God.
    but this false teacher is accepting MANALO'S view LOL
    they are both dreamers LOL

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 27 2012,09:55)

ed,

Hi Jammin

God bless
    Ed J

have not you read the book of john? LOL

wear eyeglasses boy.

oh i forgot, you are a dreamer boy LOL

your doctrine that the WORD in john 1.1 is the HS is nowhere in john 1.1-14 LOL

make your own version of john 1.1
    LOL

Hi Jammin,

So, is that a “Yes” or a “No” then?       <– please answer my question
    You complain about others not answering your questions,
    but it is really YOU who does not answer their questions!

God bless

jammin
    Participant

i told you to read your bible

the body died. Christ who is God by nature became flesh. he became like us.

do you want verse??

Philippians 2:6-7

New International Version (NIV)

6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
    7 rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.

and here is what john said
    John 1:18

New International Version (NIV)

18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

the jews do not want to accept that truth and you are like them.

Christ HAD A TRULY HUMAN BODY
    and that body died!
    1 John 4:2

Contemporary English Version (CEV)

2 and you can know which ones come from God. His Spirit says that Jesus Christ had a truly human body.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 27 2012,09:57)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 26 2012,16:58)

Ed j,

read your bible boy and not your pasugo LOL

poor limjunus .. he wants his illusion to be accepted by men even if the bible says Christ is God.

john 1.18 says that. he is God.
    but this false teacher is accepting MANALO'S view LOL
    they are both dreamers LOL

Jammin,

Do not forget youu owe me a lot of answers.

Why you could not able to answers my questions if you are not a “false teachers”?

One of the mark of the false teacher is, “could not able to answer the very vital questions addressed to him.

Do not mentioned the other religious leader here in Heaven Net. It is not the issue.

The issue here on your own thread is, your true God, died!

According to you, Jesus Christ is truly God.

The question is, Did Jesus Christ, your own true God died or not? Chose, YES or NO?

Viewing 20 posts - 10,561 through 10,580 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account