JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 10,481 through 10,500 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Sep. 23 2012,02:56)
    I AM WAITING ALSO FOR YOU TO CORRUPT ALL HEBREWS 1:8:13 TO QUENCH YOUR CORRUPTED BELIEF, I DID POST THAT MUCH.  

Huh?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Sep. 23 2012,04:56)
    Jeremiah 32:27 Behold, I am the LORD, (JESUS CHRIST)the God of all flesh:(GLORIFIED AS GOD IN BOTH SPIRIT AND FLESH)

is there any thing too hard for me?

Hi Charles,

This is not too difficult to understand:

“Behold, I JEHOVAH, the God of all flesh:
      is there any thing too hard for me?” (Jer 32:27)

JEHOVAH is “God”
          Jesus is “God's Son”

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 20 2012,22:30)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 19 2012,03:19)
    Kathi,

That passage is speaking of the Spirit by personifying it……………

John 1:18 speaks about Jesus – just like the rest of John 1.

Mike,

Your words break Scripture as 1 Corinthians 2:11 makes clear that it is only the Spirit and those it reveals them to, that know the things of God.  The Spirit (the one) has the knowledge and shares it with Jesus (the man) and through him with all men.  The knowledge does not start at Jesus; but at the Spirit; which is a part of God, as a man's spirit is a part of him.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 23 2012,00:20)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 23 2012,00:44)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 22 2012,13:29)
    Limjunus,

Terricca,

post: JesuS Christ is a true god by his godly birth being the only begotten son of THE ONLY ALMIGHTY GOD AND TRUE GOD WERE LIVE BEGINS OF .and so father of all.

The Bible is very silent about what you had declared, that Jesus Christ is true god. That's your own understanding and conclusion.

For being the so called begotten Son of God, it does not mean that Jesus Christ a true god.  He become begotten Son of God, because he is the only human being (man) hath been faultless (sinless), meant he had the same quality of God, holy.

The holy one of God.(Ref: Mark 1:24, Luke 1:35 NKJV)  

Jesus has been created by God through holy means, through the power of the Holy Spirit not through the normal processing of the husband and wife or else Jesus could not be made an extra-ordinary-man. Through the human flesh by a virgin woman, Mary. (Ref: Matthew 1:18-20 NKJV)

If you are belong to the chosen people of God, a part of the insider and not to be deemed outsider, you must not recognize any true God, except the Father. (Ref: Mark 4:11 TEV / 1 Cor. 8:7 NKJV)

You must be check it out if you are belong to the chosen people of God, and not belong to the outsiders.

God bless you.

so according to you Christ his a new creation ???

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
    Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

could you explain why Paul says that ALL THINGS WERE CREATED THROUGH CHRIST VISIBLE AND INVISIBLE and that  CHRIST WAS BEFORE ALL THINGS???

Terricca,

I did not say “new creation” what I have said, created through holy means….at the ends time. Ref: 1 Peter 1:20.

Apostle really meant of it is, Everything has been created by God, through and for him. Everything shall be given to Jesus  Christ at the end time. He is the heirs of everything. (Ref: Hebrews 1:1-2 / 1 Cor. 15:27-28.

limjunus

Apostle really meant of it is, Everything has been created by God, through and for him. Everything shall be given to Jesus  Christ at the end time. He is the heirs of everything.

is your explanation not confusing ???

1Co 15:27 For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.
    1Co 15:28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

scriptures says that he (Christ) will become subject to his father ,right ? yes, this is different than in your comment above is it not ???

NOW YOU STILL DID NOT EXPLAIN MY QUESTIONS IN MY PREVEOUS QUOTE TO YOU WHY IS THAT ???

Charlie,

I advice you to read it again. Focus on everything created by God. The Father, created everything because of and for His son Jesus Christ.

The word “everything” clarified by apostle Paul, that the Father is not included with the matters to be placed under his (Jesus) feet, but instead, the son will be below his Father.

In other verse of the Bible, It was specifically draw the clear line; “the husbands is the head of wives, Christ is the head of every man and God is the head of Christ. Showing that the Father, is above all.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 20 2012,10:21)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 19 2012,04:19)

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 19 2012,11:29)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 18 2012,23:40)

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 19 2012,02:10)
    limjunus,
    Jesus IS the true only begotten God.

Lightenup,

The rightful way to express is, Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God and [/B]“not begotten God”.

:D

limjunus,

Scripture disagrees with you:
    John 1:18
    New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

:D

Kathi,

That passage is speaking of the Spirit by personifying it; which is why it uses the word “one”.  It is the Spirit that knows the deep things of God; and those to whom the Spirit reveals them.  Jesus is his primary student and the man by whom all others come to know God.

Hi Kerwin,
    I do not see anything like what you say in the early church's understanding of this verse. The Son is said to be the 'firstborn' and the Holy Spirit is not said to the 'firstborn.'

God bless!

Kathi,

I know little of such writings you speak of but I do know Scripture declares the Spirit is the only one that knows the things of God and reveals them to whom it chooses.  

Jesus is the only man that knows the things of God because the Spirit revealed them to him.  In union with the Spirit he then reveals them to who he chooses.

There cannot be two that know the things of God until the Spirit has revealed them to the second. At that point there are two that know, not one.  John 1:18 speaks of the first one in 1  Corinthians 2:11 and clearly that is also the one John 1:18 speaks of; and therefore he is calling the Spirit the Son.

Perhaps it will help to think of it this way; The Spirit personified as the Son comes to dwell in Jesus, thus making him the Son of God.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 23 2012,20:39)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 23 2012,00:20)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 23 2012,00:44)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 22 2012,13:29)
    Limjunus,

Terricca,

post: JesuS Christ is a true god by his godly birth being the only begotten son of THE ONLY ALMIGHTY GOD AND TRUE GOD WERE LIVE BEGINS OF .and so father of all.

The Bible is very silent about what you had declared, that Jesus Christ is true god. That's your own understanding and conclusion.

For being the so called begotten Son of God, it does not mean that Jesus Christ a true god.  He become begotten Son of God, because he is the only human being (man) hath been faultless (sinless), meant he had the same quality of God, holy.

The holy one of God.(Ref: Mark 1:24, Luke 1:35 NKJV)  

Jesus has been created by God through holy means, through the power of the Holy Spirit not through the normal processing of the husband and wife or else Jesus could not be made an extra-ordinary-man. Through the human flesh by a virgin woman, Mary. (Ref: Matthew 1:18-20 NKJV)

If you are belong to the chosen people of God, a part of the insider and not to be deemed outsider, you must not recognize any true God, except the Father. (Ref: Mark 4:11 TEV / 1 Cor. 8:7 NKJV)

You must be check it out if you are belong to the chosen people of God, and not belong to the outsiders.

God bless you.

so according to you Christ his a new creation ???

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
    Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

could you explain why Paul says that ALL THINGS WERE CREATED THROUGH CHRIST VISIBLE AND INVISIBLE and that  CHRIST WAS BEFORE ALL THINGS???

Terricca,

I did not say “new creation” what I have said, created through holy means….at the ends time. Ref: 1 Peter 1:20.

Apostle really meant of it is, Everything has been created by God, through and for him. Everything shall be given to Jesus  Christ at the end time. He is the heirs of everything. (Ref: Hebrews 1:1-2 / 1 Cor. 15:27-28.

limjunus

Apostle really meant of it is, Everything has been created by God, through and for him. Everything shall be given to Jesus  Christ at the end time. He is the heirs of everything.

is your explanation not confusing ???

1Co 15:27 For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.
    1Co 15:28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

scriptures says that he (Christ) will become subject to his father ,right ? yes, this is different than in your comment above is it not ???

NOW YOU STILL DID NOT EXPLAIN MY QUESTIONS IN MY PREVEOUS QUOTE TO YOU WHY IS THAT ???

Charlie,

I advice you to read it again. Focus on everything created by God. The Father, created everything because of and for His son Jesus Christ.

The word “everything” clarified by apostle Paul, that the Father is not included with the matters to be placed under his (Jesus) feet, but instead, the son will be below his Father.

In other verse of the Bible, It was specifically draw the clear line; “the husbands is the head of wives, Christ is the head of every man and God is the head of Christ.  Showing that the Father, is above all.

Homer,

:D :D

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Sep. 23 2012,04:56)
    Jeremiah 32:27 Behold, I am the LORD, (JESUS CHRIST)the God of all flesh:(GLORIFIED AS GOD IN BOTH SPIRIT AND FLESH)

is there any thing too hard for me?

( THROUGH JESUS AS GOD /MAN DEFINITELY NOT) [/b]

WHO IS GOD OF ALL FLESH, THE SON, THE FATHER OR BOTH???

THEREFORE Jesus is our

FATHER REGARDING OUR SPIRIT

FATHER REGARDING OUR SOUL

FATHER REGARDING OUR BODY

Carmel,

I brotherly advice you. Do not add with your own discretion to the written words of God.

“Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me? (Ref: Jer. 32:27 NKJV).

That verse is shining the truth about Jesus Christ, the Son of God and also testifying that Jesus Christ is included to all the flesh.

Here are the proofs from the Bible and not from me.

“My fellow Israelites, listen to these words: Jesus from Nazareth was a very special MAN. God clearly showed this to you. He proved it by the miracles, wonders, and miraculous signs he did through Jesus. You all saw these things, so you know this is true. (rEF: aCTS 2:22 erv)

5 For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity—the MAN Christ Jesus. (Ref: 1 Tim. 2:5 NKJV)

2-3 Here’s how you test for the genuine Spirit of God. Everyone who confesses openly his faith in Jesus Christ—the Son of God, who came as an actual FLESH-and-BLOOD person—comes from God and belongs to God. And everyone who refuses to confess faith in Jesus has nothing in common with God. This is the spirit of antichrist that you heard was coming. Well, here it is, sooner than we thought!

Charlie, do not counter the truth about it.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Sep. 23 2012,05:27)

The God, did not proclaimed that He shall be alone to be worship forever  He declared that He is the alone God, no more.

Limjunus,

Again,

God himself to Moses made it clear that god is a jeleous God,

and as a Jelous God he wants only to adore HIm!!

So Jesus is God in flesh, God of all flesh so the Father will not be Jeleous to HImself in Jesus .

Exodus 3:14 For thou shalt worship NO OTHER GOD: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God

The verses did not said that Jesus Christ is another God not to be worshiped.

The verse is clarifying that we should worship no other God, except Him, the Father.

If there is another God have been introduced, except the Father, we must not worship. But Jesus Christ is not God to be worshiped. Jesus Christ is a holy man of God, made Lord and savior by God. Ordering all the knees in heaven, and on earth and on the deep water of the sea, should be bow down to Jesus Christ name.

Do not forget, God, allowing Jesus Christ to be worship. Read again my previous post with some Bible verses supporting what I am posting.

Our whole duty to God, is to obey His wills.

If God, commanding us to worship His son, we must obey it without any reservation.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Sep. 23 2012,06:14)

limjunus,Sep. wrote:

[/quote]

God is only one, Alone and  all matters in heaven and on earth and on in a deep water of the sea, all originated from God, that's why He has been introduced as the Father of all.

Limjunus,

YES, BUT YOU ALWAYS HALF RIGHT, IT IS TOO DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO BE THE WITNESS OF THE PURE  TRUTH!!

WITH YOUR STATEMENT ABOVE YOU LEFT OUT ONE OF THE THREE MOST FUNDAMENTAL SPIRIT ELEMENTS

JESUS CHRIST

ALL THE ABOVE STATEMENT YOU DECLARED HAS BEEN ACHIEVED

THROUGH JESUS SPIRIT

IN JESUS SPIRIT

FOR JESUS SPIRIT.

THE PURE TRUTH

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD,( WHO??? THE FATHER, THE SON, OR BOTH) thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Hebrews 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, (THE SON, THE FATHER, OR BOTH) in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Now read both scriptures

WHO IS LORD??? THE FATHER, THE SON , OR BOTH???

ALL HEBREWS 1:1:14 IS A DIRECT REFERENCE TO JESUS CHRIST THE ONLY LORD:

DO YOU DENY THAT JESUS IS THE CREATOR IN FULL POWER BY THE HOLY SPIRIT FROM THE FATHER, WHILE THE FATHER REMAINED IN HEAVEN???

OR  IF YOU LIKE THE FATHER HIMSELF THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT HIDDEN IN JESUS' SPIRIT THE MEDIATOR TO CREATE ALL THROUGH HIM .

I AM IN THE FATHER, AND THE FATHER IN ME!!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Charles,

You are the one to be deemed not a worthy witness, because you are corrupting the words of God by adding or inserting your own understanding.

Be careful in using the words of God. Do not subtract or add any words of yours into it.

Your own human reasoning and false arguments must be rejected and destroyed.

limjunus
    Participant

Outside the perimeter of the kingdom of God here on earth (the chosen people/ the true christian) There are many groups of people; other professing christian, some called pagans, are having their own recognized God/s; in the form of woods, metal, stones and other similar objects been made graven images, including the so called, Baal.

These God/s has been clarified by the Bible “false gods” or “god” with the small letter. Using the small letter is to distinguish and defining them that there are not true God.

carmel
    Participant

limjunus,Sep. wrote:

[/quote]

THE PURE TRUTH

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD,( WHO??? THE FATHER, THE SON, OR BOTH) thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Hebrews 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, (THE SON, THE FATHER, OR BOTH) in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Now read both scriptures

WHO IS LORD??? THE FATHER, THE SON , OR BOTH???

ALL HEBREWS 1:1:14 IS A DIRECT REFERENCE TO JESUS CHRIST THE ONLY LORD:

DO YOU DENY THAT JESUS IS THE CREATOR IN FULL POWER BY THE HOLY SPIRIT FROM THE FATHER, WHILE THE FATHER REMAINED IN HEAVEN???

OR  IF YOU LIKE THE FATHER HIMSELF THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT HIDDEN IN JESUS' SPIRIT THE MEDIATOR TO CREATE ALL THROUGH HIM .

I AM IN THE FATHER, AND THE FATHER IN ME!!

Limjunus,

Would you be kind enough to categorically comment on the above, and also answer wherever I have an interrogation MARK, in order to be aware where I am parallel with your statement hereunder:

You are the one to be deemed not a worthy witness, because you are corrupting the words of God by adding or inserting your own understanding.

Your own human reasoning and false arguments must be rejected and destroyed.

REFUSING TO COMMENT AND TO STRENGHTEN YOUR ARGUMENT USING SCRIPTURES,IS A PROOF THAT YOU ARE NOT IN THE TRUTH.

IN THE SAME TIME REFUSING TO LEAD OTHERS TO THE TRUTH, IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING YOURSELF IN THE TRUTH, YOU WOULD BE REJECTING YOUR OWN BELIEF,WHICH IS AN OBLIGATION AS A CHRISTIAN TO LEAD OTHERS TO THE TRUTH.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

carmel
    Participant

limjunus,Sep. wrote:

[/quote]

The verse is clarifying that we should worship no other God, except Him, the Father.

Limjunus,

Throughout the OT only the MYSTERIOUS word GOD was used,and although we are aware that GOD IN JESUS SPIRIT WAS IN ACTION, HUMANS WHERE UNAWARE OF WHO WAS THE RIGHT GOD.

EVEN MOSES HIMSELF WAS FRUSTRATED SINCE HE REFUSED TO OBEY HIM, AND EVEN NEARLY BEING KILLED  BY GOD, NOTWITHSTANDING THE FACT THAT THIS GOD HAD A BATTLE WITH MOSES TO CONVINCE HIM TO GO LIBERATE THE JEWS!!

In  Exodus the word FATHER does not exist.

The title of the FATHER for GOD it was introduced by JESUS.

I repeat what I said in my post and you ignored completely:

THAT PARTICULAR PERSON WHO WAS HEALED ADORED JESUS, AND IN THAT MOMENT HE RISKED OF BEING STONED TO DEATH FOR DOING SO IN THOSE DAYS.

SO HE CONFIRMED THAT JESUS IS GOD IN FLESH

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

CHARLES

carmel
    Participant

limjunus,Sep. wrote:

[/quote]

I brotherly advice you. Do not add with your own discretion to the written words of God.

Limjunus,

In the name of Jesus the TRUTH,ANSWER THESE:

DOES THE FATHER GOD HAS A SOUL???

IS THE FATHER A SPIRIT BEING ONLY???

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

CHARLES

jammin
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 21 2012,17:13)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 21 2012,17:05)

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 21 2012,11:54)
    limjunus said:
    Yes, God, is Lord for being the only true God.

Jesus Christ, is only Lord, for being the only head of the Church, not for being the one and only true God.

where can you read in 1 cor 8.6 that paul said Christ is the only LORD for being the only head of the church?
    ill wait for you version boy LOL

therefore if i am going to follow your argument again, the father is Lord to you and Christ is Lord to you, you have 2 Lords! LOL
    but paul said ONE LORD, Christ!

if i will follow your argument boy, that will be the result. LOL

you believe paul said the father is the only God and therefore Christ is not God!
    LOL

what an illogical reason you have boy LOL

Jammin,

Therefore, you are showing your ignoramus here in Heaven Net, concerning the classification of the statements.

You really do not know what is the meaning of Categorically, emphatically, metaphorically, symbolically, literally statement and so on.

Excuses me. You should not be ready here in heaven Net discussion.

You must be finished first your schooling regarding how to classify the statements.

Before you can launch another question, will you please answer our's.

Did the Bible said that the one and only true God, is the Father of Jesus Christ?  Ref: John 17:1-3 / 1 Cor. 8:4,6 NKJV.

Choose:   Yes or No?

It is my turn now.

Jammin,

Do you know how to classify the statement?

therefore you cant read your imagination that paul said in 1 cor 8.6 Christ is Lord for being the head of the church etc

make your own version LOL

jammin
    Participant

limjunus,

i do not need imaginations here. if you say something you must prove it.
    you must me your words in the bible. you want people to believe you but your doctrine has no support in the bible. why dont you make your own bible that all verses will support your illusion LOL

you are not telling the whole truth boy. LOL
    you want illusion,imagination, and dreams. LOL

you cant change the truth of the bible. the bible said Christ is God!
    many verses support that doctrine that Christ is God. the apostles believe that and the early christians.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 21 2012,17:58)
    Jammin, post. “where can you read in 1 cor 8.6 that paul said Christ is the only LORD for being the only head of the church?
    ill wait for you version boy LOL”

You can not read it with 1 Cor. 8:6,

thanks for your honest answer. LOL

you are really a false teacher boy LOL

you are adding your words in 1  cor 8.6. next time make your own version LOL

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Sep. 22 2012,01:03)

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 22 2012,15:24)
    limjunus,

I do believe that I as well as jammin believe in the Nicene Creed as stated here:

I believe in one God,
    the Father Almighty,
    maker of heaven and earth,
    and of all things visible and invisible;

And in one Lord Jesus Christ,
    the only begotten Son of God,
    begotten of his Father before all worlds,
    God of God, Light of Light,
    very God of very God,
    begotten, not made,
    being of one substance with the Father;
    by whom all things were made;
    who for us men and for our salvation
      came down from heaven,
    and was incarnate by the Holy Ghost
      of the Virgin Mary,
      and was made man;
    and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate;
    he suffered and was buried;
    and the third day he rose again
      according to the Scriptures,
    and ascended into heaven,
    and sitteth on the right hand of the Father;
    and he shall come again, with glory,
      to judge both the quick and the dead;
    whose kingdom shall have no end.

And I believe in the Holy Ghost the Lord, and Giver of Live,
    who proceedeth from the Father [and the Son];
    who with the Father and the Son together
      is worshiped and glorified;
    who spake by the Prophets.
    And I believe one holy Catholic and Apostolic Church;
    I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins;
    and I look for the resurrection of the dead,
       and the life of the world to come. AMEN.

Do you disagree with any part/parts of this?

I do believe that I as well as jammin believe in the Nicene Creed as stated here:

Lightenup

I also believe so, in full .

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Charles,
    That's wonderful that we agree on this!

Peace and unity in truth is God's desire :)

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 22 2012,02:49)

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 22 2012,15:24)
    limjunus,

I believe in one God,
    the Father Almighty,
    maker of heaven and earth,
    and of all things visible and invisible;

And in one Lord Jesus Christ,
    the only begotten Son of God,
    begotten of his Father before all worlds,
    God of God, Light of Light,
    very God of very God,
    begotten, not made,
    being of one substance with the Father;
    by whom all things were made;
    who for us men and for our salvation
      came down from heaven,
    and was incarnate by the Holy Ghost
      of the Virgin Mary,
      and was made man;
    and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate;
    he suffered and was buried;
    and the third day he rose again
      according to the Scriptures,
    and ascended into heaven,
    and sitteth on the right hand of the Father;
    and he shall come again, with glory,
      to judge both the quick and the dead;
    whose kingdom shall have no end.

And I believe in the Holy Ghost the Lord, and Giver of Live,
    who proceedeth from the Father [and the Son];
    who with the Father and the Son together
      is worshiped and glorified;
    who spake by the Prophets.
    And I believe one holy Catholic and Apostolic Church;
    I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins;
    and I look for the resurrection of the dead,
       and the life of the world to come. AMEN.

Do you disagree with any part/parts of this?

Lightenup,

I am firmly stand to disagree.

That is your beliefs and everyone in this world is entitle to any belief, as long he is responsible to it at any cost.

As we have aware that the whole world is under the Satan's ruled.

The main mission of the true preachers of God, is to rescue the sons and daughters of the Almighty God, from the bondage of sins … rescuing and transferring them from the kingdom of darkness to the lightness kingdom of God through and with His son Jesus Christ.

The power of God, for the salvation of souls is the righteousness of God, the gospel of Christ.

Limjunus,
    Would you mind making the parts in that creed bold that you don't agree with. Certainly you don't disagree with everything  ???

Thanks!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 21 2012,18:52)
    Please consider the following study link which follows the author's quote where the author concludes “The evidence at hand is inconclusive at best. …” concerning Yahchanan [John] 1:18:

I agree.  Going off of the information we currently have on the subject, the truth of the matter is inconclusive.

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 21 2012,18:52)
    My stance would be IF “the only begotten God” were a more accurate translation than “the only begotten Son“, then the word “God” or “god” would simply be in reference to “power (authority), strength, or might”

I agree with this also.  Jesus being called “el” and “theos” in scripture does NOT mean he is the Most High God.  But, after all, the words “el” and “theos” DO refer to ones who have “power, strength, and might”.  And there are MANY of those taught about in scripture………….. and One who is the God OF those ones.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 22 2012,00:03)
    Mike, here your question.limjunis, how can Jehovah be “the God OF gods” if there exist no other gods for Him to be the God OF?   Please give a DIRECT answer to this question.

The word “the God of gods” is an “emphatically or categorically or literally statement. And the complete thoughts or understanding has been taken is describing that the so called “gods” is not the true God, to be recognized.

The Hebrew and Greek have no such phrases as “so-called gods” or “false gods”.  Nor do those texts have “gods” in quotation marks.  

When Moses and Jehovah speak of the gods of Egypt, they are LITERALLY speaking of gods of Egypt, ie: powerful spirit beings who were able to match three of the signs and wonders Jehovah did before Pharaoh.

Your claim is that Jehovah is the God of “false gods” and the God of “idols”.  But we know that Jehovah is not the God of the dead, for Jesus tells us so.  So these gods that Jehovah is the God of MUST be living entities like demons and angels.  And in scripture, these kinds of entities are called gods.  Jesus and Satan are but two of the gods Jehovah is the God of.

This is what the scriptures teach, limjunis.  If YOU want to re-write the scriptures to fit in with the politically correct people of today, then go ahead.  As for me, I will understand the scriptures the way they were actually written – to the best of my ability.  And there is no such thing as a “false god” or a “so-called god” according to those scriptures.

When Paul tells me there are many gods and many lords, both in heaven and on earth, I believe him.

Viewing 20 posts - 10,481 through 10,500 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account