JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 9,941 through 9,960 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 30 2012,09:05)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 29 2012,06:15)
    i thought your jesus is god and not God.

jammin,

If I call Jesse's son “king david”, is he the 2nd king of Israel?

What if I call him “King David”?  Would he STILL be the 2nd king of Israel?

And if I call him “KING DAVID”, then what?  Would he somehow STOP being the second king of Israel because I capped all the letters?

You shouldn't let the capitalization of certain letters dictate to you who is God Almighty and who is not.

If I refer to Jesus as “a god”, he is STILL the SON of the Most High God, Jehovah.

And if I refer to Jesus as “a GOD”, and Jehovah as “god”, Jesus is STILL the SON of the Most High god, Jehovah.

The caps don't matter one bit, jammin.  Pretend that the scriptures were written ENTIRELY in capital letters (like the pre-9th century Greek mss were).  If that were the case, would Jesus still be the SON of the Most High God, Jehovah?  YES.

And what if the ENTIRE scriptures were written in only lower-case letters?  Would the fact that Jesus is the SON of the Most High God Jehovah somehow be changed because of this?   ???  OF COURSE NOT.

So don't read too much into whether or not a “G” is capped by a translator, okay?  Just stick with the TEACHING.

mike your doctrine is not consistent.
    that is enough for me to know that now you are changing your doctrine about jesus. he is God to you but before he is just god. LOL

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 28 2012,05:03)

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 26 2012,22:22)
    Mike,

The thing is that only created beings have bodies…………..

Where is the scripture that teaches us what you claimed?  Matthew 18:10 (among many others) tells us that God DOES have a body.

Btw, I'm still waiting for an answer:

Do you understand that Jesus, who is “the Word of God”, is not “the word of God” that will be written on the hearts of men?  Do you understand that there are different meanings of the phrase “the word of God” in the scriptures, Kerwin?  YES or NO?

1) It is written that God created the heavens and the earth.  In creating the heavens he created the angels; and therefore their bodies.  If God has the body of an angel which is not created then he did not create all things.

2) It is  written that the nation of Israel has a face.

Exodus 14:25
    King James Version (KJV)

25 And took off their chariot wheels, that they drave them heavily: so that the Egyptians said, Let us flee from the face of Israel; for the Lord fighteth for them against the Egyptians.

3) The Word is that which comes out of the mouth of God;  Jesus inherited the Word by having it written on his heart and placed in him.  We know this because God speaks,thinks, and acts through him.  Jesus is the Way for the Word to come and dwell in our hearts.

jammin
    Participant

kerwin,

pls read the context of john 1.1
    may God open your eyes.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 30 2012,13:53)
    F

I going to ask you only one question ,

if you would read the scriptures all of the books ,not the rejected ones and you stach away all previous concept,doctrine,and wath not of men,so that's your mind is clear of any out side influence,
    And now reading the bible without adding or subtract any thing ,WHAT Do you think would be your understanding ??? This way you learn like a child ,

Pierre,

All scripture is given by inspiration of Yahweh, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of Yahweh may be perfect, THOROUGHLY FURNISHED unto ALL RIGHTEOUS WORKS (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from Yahweh, because MANY FALSE PROPHETS HAVE GONE OUT INTO THE WORLD [Read the entire chapter of Yeremyah 23. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of Yahweh: Every spirit that acknowledges that Yahshua Messiah began in the flesh is from Yahweh, And every spirit that confesses not that Yahshua Messiah began in the flesh is not of Yahweh: and this is that spirit of anti-Messiah, whereof you have heard that it should come; AND EVEN NOW IS ALREADY IN THE WORLD (1 Yahchanan [John] 4:1-3).

Note what I had conveyed to Mike in an earlier post:

It is called harmonizing the context of Scripture as a whole. The fact is, you are not allowed to take a single verse out of an erroneous translation of Scripture as a whole and build your own personal belief from that one erroneously translated verse. Scripturally speaking, those who do this are referred to as “they that are unlearned ['ignorant, ill-taught, untaught'] and unstable ['people who aren't sure of what they believe, unstedfast, unsettled'] wrest ['twist, distort, pervert, mean something quite different'], AS THEY DO ALSO THE OTHER SCRIPTURES, UNTO THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION (2 Kepha [Peter] 3:16).

Every word of Yahweh is tried: He is a shield unto them that take refuge in Him. Do not add to His words, or He will rebuke you and prove you a liar Proverbs 30:5-6).

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, Yahweh will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, Yahweh will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the set apart city, which are described in this book (Revelation 22:18-19).

If you believe that there are not men who were not under the inspiration of Father Yahweh that have added unto and taken away from His inspired prophetic word in their copying, translating and in turn editing, you are sadly mistaken and in turn deceived by such men. If you believe that there are not men under the inspiration of Father Yahweh in this last time period who are restoring Father Yahweh's inspired prophetic word as close as possibly can be to it's original state by studying the most ancient manuscripts that are available at this present time, you are also sadly mistaken and not guided by such inspired men. Scripture clearly teaches that there will be a restoration of Father Yahweh inspired prophetic word in this last time period.  

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

ELOHIM: ONE, OR MORE THAN ONE?
    Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    Philippians 2:5-11
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 30 2012,12:25)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 30 2012,12:20)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 30 2012,12:18)
    So then the following is really an accurate portrayal of your understanding?  YES or NO?

John 1
    2 He God Most High was with God in the beginning.

9 The true light God Most High, that gives light to every man, was coming into the world.

10 He God Most High was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

11 He God Most High came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.

14 The Word God Most High became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his God Most High's glory, the glory of the only begotten, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

As I said before – put the HolySpirit in there.

And the Word [HolySpirit] was made flesh, and dwelt among us,
     (and we beheld [the HolySpirit's] his glory, the glory as of
     the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.         (John 1:14)

ed,

you have no fear to God.
    you change the word of the bible.

what version is that? LOL
    is that your false version?LOL

you are desperate boy.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 30 2012,00:35)
    If God has the body of an angel which is not created then he did not create all things.

If God truly created ALL things, then God created HIMSELF – body or no body.  We must use our common sense here.

It is  written that the nation of Israel has a face.

Is it written that the nation of Israel had hands, and eyes, and ears, and feet, and legs, etc?  The Greek word “morphe”, used in Phil 2, means “outward appearance of a person or thing”.  Jesus was existing with an “outward appearance” similar to God's “outward appearance”, Kerwin. That can't be unless God HAS an “outward appearance”.

The Word is that which comes out of the mouth of God;  Jesus inherited the Word by having it written on his heart and placed in him.  We know this because God speaks,thinks, and acts through him.  Jesus is the Way for the Word to come and dwell in our hearts.

Kerwin, here is the actual question again:

Do you understand that Jesus, who is “the Word of God”, is not “the word of God” that will be written on the hearts of men?  Do you understand that there are different meanings of the phrase “the word of God” in the scriptures, Kerwin?  YES or NO?

Please actually ANSWER IT this time.  If you think the being of JESUS will be written on men's hearts, then answer “NO”.  

If you don't think JESUS is what will be written on men's hearts, then answer “YES Mike, I do understand that there are more than one MEANING of the phrase “the word of God” in scripture, and not all of them refer to 'that which comes out of the mouth of God' “.

Which is your answer, Kerwin? Does the phrase “the word of God” ALWAYS refer the same thing in scripture?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 29 2012,20:14)
    Hi Mike,

It appears that way to you, because you keep trying to
    make God a person – which of course he is not – God is spirit.

Ed,

How does the fact I, along with 70% of Americans, think that God is a person change the fact that the following is YOUR understanding of John 1?

John 1

9 The true light God Most High, that gives light to every man, was coming into the world.

10 He God Most High was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

11 He God Most High came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.

14 The Word God Most High became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his God Most High's glory, the glory of the only begotten, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Why wriggle Ed? If this is truly your understanding of scripture, then why not embrace it before us? ???

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 31 2012,11:28)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 29 2012,20:14)
    Hi Mike,

It appears that way to you, because you keep trying to
    make God a person – which of course he is not – God is spirit.

Ed,

How does the fact I, along with 70% of Americans, think that God is a person change the fact that the following is YOUR understanding of John 1?

John 1

Why wriggle Ed?  If this is truly your understanding of scripture, then why not embrace it before us?  ???

The great dragon was hurled down–that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the WHOLE WORLD astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him (Revelation 12:9).

They are from THE WORLD and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them (1 Yahchanan [John] 4:5).  

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

ELOHIM: ONE, OR MORE THAN ONE?
    Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    Philippians 2:5-11
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 31 2012,11:11)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 30 2012,12:25)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 30 2012,12:20)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 30 2012,12:18)
    So then the following is really an accurate portrayal of your understanding?  YES or NO?

John 1

As I said before – put the HolySpirit in there.

And the Word [HolySpirit] was made flesh, and dwelt among us,
     (and we beheld [the HolySpirit's] his glory, the glory as of
     the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.         (John 1:14)

ed,

you have no fear to God.
    you change the word of the bible.

what version is that? LOL
    is that your false version?LOL

you are desperate boy.

Hi Jammin,

I did it for the benefit of mike.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

jammin
    Participant

stick to the bible ed,

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin, I do.

“The Word was God” (John 1:1)
    “God was in Christ” (2Cor. 5:19)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,Aug. wrote:

[/quote]

Charles, why do you suppose that Satan and his demons didn't recognize Jesus as “God Himself, manifested in flesh”?  Why were they confused, and thinking Jesus was the Son OF God?

Mike,

First of all my posts are not meant for you only. So you do what you please.

Second I said many times that I rely only on  KJV, and DRB.

WITH REFERENCE TO THE ABOVE MIKE

When I asked you what is your God , your answer was this:

The Spirit Being who created the heavens, the earth, and everything in them

Perfect!!

Mike,

Now what is it with you then,that you simply keep on treat GOD LIKE HE IS A VISIBLE EARTHLY BEING.

Earthly  titles are always, I REAPEAT ALWAYS EARTHLY.

Heavenly titles are always, I REPEAT  ALWAYS HEAVENLY.

THERFORE the title of GOD IS HEAVENLY!!!

And the title of god is earthly!!!

Why do you interpret the Bible literally only! When will you get it into your mind that since the bible is the WORD OF GOD, and you yourself are proud that GOD IS ONLY SPIRITUAL,

IT NEVER MEANT TO BE READ AND INTERPRETED ONLY LITERALLY IN EVERY SENSE,AND TO THE LEAST DETAIL. BEHAVING LIKEWISE IS DEFINITELY IN CONTRADICTION WITH GOD AND YOUR BELIEFE, AND ALSO THE MOST GIBBERISH, AND ERROR FILLED INTERPRETATION.

You asked:

why do you suppose that Satan and his demons didn't recognize Jesus as “God Himself, manifested in flesh”?  Why were they confused, and thinking Jesus was the Son OF God?

I can guarantee that the devil was more then sure when he called Jesus SON OF GOD, never mind confused, and in the same time he meant GOD IN FLESH. From the other hand, what the majority cannot see is that if he called Jesus GOD, it would not have  been  possible  to distinguish GOD, from god, who is of the earth.

Now let’s reflect on what the devil called Jesus in both circumstances???

Luke 8:28 When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not

Matthew 4:9 And said to him: All these will I give thee, if falling down thou wilt adore me. 10 Then Jesus saith to him: Begone, Satan: for it is written, The Lord thy God shalt thou adore, and him only shalt thou serve.  

In Luke 8:28 He called HIM :

JESUS , YOU SON OF GOD THE MOST HIGH!!

Why didn’t he call him simply son of God, but instead he had to elaborate so much??

This devil is not Satan himself but a legion, loads of demons. So he would have never called Jesus GOD, or simply SON OF GOD, especially on EARTH, since they were the evil angels who always considered Satan the god of the earth. Satan would have become more then pleased if he heard that, for the simple reason that he would have been aware that he achieved MANHOOD. In fact Satan was perplexed about Jesus, for he always believed that he would achieve manhood, not GOD.

Now let’s read Matthew 4:9

Reading Matthew it is quite obvious that since Satan himself tempted Jesus, he ignored completely to elaborate so much when he called Jesus .This to make us aware that he always considered himself god of the earth, and was never ready to call anybody god, especially a human being which still had to be tested through death. So when Satan himself called Jesus Son of God it is definitely a reference to the Most High God!!!

Jesus was more then satisfied when He called himself SON OF GOD, and SON OF MAN. It was the most appropriate title on earth to call God with, since there was already a god on earth, and God was a SPIRIT and a HEAVENLY title. After all that’s what was all about, who would own the flesh body!! And become either son of Satan, or son of God.
    So  SON OF GOD was only an earthly title for GOD ALMIGHTY ON EARTH. And to distinguish him from god of the world.

Why do you think that Jesus established the title FATHER SON RELATIONSHIP ON EARTH, in relation to us Christians??

These titles will definitely vanish as soon as we be in heaven.

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, HE AND TO WHOMSOEVER THE SON ( NOT THE FATHER) WILL REVEAL HIM.

I don't know How many times I posted this!! But it is vital to reflect upon it seriously, to make you realize that it is all depends on JESUS CHRIST FOR US HUMANS.

Even after we leave this filthy world.

We will be facing Jesus Christ, but not as a FATHER, SON,BROTHER,AND ALL THOSE EARTHLY TITLES BUT DEFINITELY A BEING THAT

NO EYE HAVE EVER SEEN, NO EAR HAVE EVER HEARD, AND NEITHER HAD ENTERED INTO THE HEART OF MAN, WHAT THINGS GOD HAD PREPARED FOR THEM THAT LOVE HIM!!

Reflect further:

John 16: 25 These things I have spoken to you in PROVERBS The hour cometh, when I will no more speak to you in proverbs, but will shew you plainly of the Father.

Jesus made it clear that He spoke in PROVERBS, so we could never understand heavenly attributes, through our own language and titles. He also confirmed that He would show them PLAINLY OF THE FATHER!!!

OK?? ONLY HE WOULD SHOW THEM PLAINLY OF THE FATHER, OBVIOUS HE IS THE FATHER WITHIN JESUS' MYSTICAL BODY.

AGAIN A PROVERB AND AN EARTHLY TITLE FOR THE SPIRIT GOD,

ALMIGHTY:

BUT DEFINITELY ALSO A MYSTERIOUS TITLE WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR TERMS ON EARTH.

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

CHARLES

carmel
    Participant

If God truly created ALL things, then God created HIMSELF – body or no body.  

Mike,

Please, respect scriptures:

Read:

3 All things were made by him: and WITHOUT HIM WAS MADE NOTHING THAT WAS MADE.

THAT WAS MADE:

SO THERE WAS SOMETHING THAT WAS NOT MADE, AND THIS SOMETHING IS DEFINITELY:

GOD HIMSELF!!!

Do you understand that Jesus, who is “the Word of God”, is not “the word of God” that will be written on the hearts of men?  

Mike,

SUBSTANTIATE YOUR STATEMENT PLEASE.

THERE'S ONLY ONE WORD OF GOD AND THAT'S HIS SPIRIT IN JESUS.

AND THERE'S ONLY ONE WORD WHICH IS WRITTEN ON OUR HEART CHRISTIANS AND THAT'S HIS SPIRIT IN JESUS THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT.

John 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of HIMSELF ; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14HE SAHLL GLORIFY ME: for he shall receive of MINE, and shall shew it unto you.

15All things that the Father hath are MINE : therefore said I, that he shall take of MINE , and shall shew it unto you.

So the word MINE is a reference to Jesus Christ,

AND THE HOLY SPIRIT IS RIGHT NOW GLORIFYING JESUS CHRIST AS GOD IN FLESH WITHIN OUR HEART WHO BELIEVES SO

15All things that the Father hath are MINE

WHAT ARE ALL THINGS???

OBVIOUS :

THE SPIRIT OF (ALL THINGS) THE FATHER  IS THE SPIRIT OF JESUS.( ARE MINE)

“AND VICE VERSA”

THE BODY( ALL THINGS) OF JESUS IS THE BODY OF THE FATHER( ARE MINE)

SO JESUS IS GOD

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS: ALL THINGS OF GOD: GOD IN FLESH.

CHARLES

carmel
    Participant

God was in Christ”

Edj,

PERFECT:

But only from Genesis 1:3 onwards as SPIRIT OF GOD And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

To create our world THROUGH HIM, IN HIM, AND FOR HIM!!

Before Genesis 1:3  CHRIST, OR RATHER HIS SPIRIT, WAS WITHIN THE FATHER TO CREATE ALL THE SPIRITUAL BEINGS ALSO THROUGH HIM, IN HIM, AND FOR HIM!!!

THIS IN ORDER TO RECONCILE ALL ONTO HIMSELF FOR THE FATHER TO BE ALL IN ALL ON THE LAST THEY.

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

CHARLES

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 31 2012,06:20)

If God has the body of an angel which is not created then he did not create all things.

If God truly created ALL things, then God created HIMSELF – body or no body.  We must use our common sense here.

It is  written that the nation of Israel has a face.

Is it written that the nation of Israel had hands, and eyes, and ears, and feet, and legs, etc?  The Greek word “morphe”, used in Phil 2, means “outward appearance of a person or thing”.  Jesus was existing with an “outward appearance” similar to God's “outward appearance”, Kerwin.  That can't be unless God HAS an “outward appearance”.

The Word is that which comes out of the mouth of God;  Jesus inherited the Word by having it written on his heart and placed in him.  We know this because God speaks,thinks, and acts through him.  Jesus is the Way for the Word to come and dwell in our hearts.

Kerwin, here is the actual question again:

Please actually ANSWER IT this time.  If you think the being of JESUS will be written on men's hearts, then answer “NO”.  

If you don't think JESUS is what will be written on men's hearts, then answer “YES Mike, I do understand that there are more than one MEANING of the phrase “the word of God” in scripture, and not all of them refer to 'that which comes out of the mouth of God' “.

Which is your answer, Kerwin?  Does the phrase “the word of God” ALWAYS refer the same thing in scripture?

Mike,

1) Does Scripture declare God created Adam's soul? What about his breath?

2) The word “morph' is used only three times in the New Testament but often in the Septuagint.  Here is a quote about it from Barnes' Notes on the Bible.

The word occurs often in the Septuagint:

(1) as the translation of the word ציי – Ziv – “splendour,” Daniel 4:33; Daniel 5:6, Daniel 5:9-10; Daniel 7:28;

(2) as the translation of the word תּבנית tabniyth, structure, model, pattern – as in building, Isaiah 44:13;

(3) as the translation of תּמונה temuwnah, appearance, form, shape, image, likeness, Job 4:16; see also Wisdom Job 18:1.

3) I have a bible which is called by the name of the Word because God's Word.  God speaks his Word.  Is my bible and God's spoken word the same?  I would say yes but others may object because it uses different media and serves different purposes.  Jesus heart and innards are just a different media within which God has placed his Word. So it follows that I do not understand that there is different meanings of the clause “Word of God”.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I've been discussing this with Ed, but now that I think about it, EVERYONE who believes John 1:1 teaches that God Most High actually WAS the Word who was WITH God Most High in the beginning, must also believe that the following paraphrase of 1:14 is accurate………..

14 God Most High became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen God Most High's glory, the glory of the only begotten, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Does this REALLY make sense to you all?   ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Aug. 31 2012,11:04)
    I can guarantee that the devil was more then sure when he called Jesus SON OF GOD, never mind confused, and in the same time he meant GOD IN FLESH.

Charles,

In what language does “Son OF God” mean “God in flesh”?

Your claim is neither scriptural nor logical.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Aug. 31 2012,11:51)

Quote (mikeboll @ 64)

Do you understand that Jesus, who is “the Word of God”, is not “the word of God” that will be written on the hearts of men?

Mike,

SUBSTANTIATE YOUR STATEMENT PLEASE.

THERE'S ONLY ONE WORD OF GOD AND THAT'S HIS SPIRIT IN JESUS

Acts 4:31
    After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.

Revelation 19:13
    He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

Charles, does the phrase “the word of God” refer to the same thing in both of these scriptures?

Here's another “word of God” scripture you might find interesting:

Revelation 1:2
    who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Why do you suppose “the word of God” is something different than “the testimony of Jesus Christ”? :)

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Sep. 01 2012,04:04)

mikeboll64,Aug. wrote:

[/quote]

Charles, why do you suppose that Satan and his demons didn't recognize Jesus as “God Himself, manifested in flesh”?  Why were they confused, and thinking Jesus was the Son OF God?

Mike,

First of all my posts are not meant for you only. So you do what you please.

Second I said many times that I rely only on  KJV, and DRB.

WITH REFERENCE TO THE ABOVE MIKE

When I asked you what is your God , your answer was this:

The Spirit Being who created the heavens, the earth, and everything in them

Perfect!!

Mike,

Now what is it with you then,that you simply keep on treat GOD LIKE HE IS A VISIBLE EARTHLY BEING.

Earthly  titles are always, I REAPEAT ALWAYS EARTHLY.

Heavenly titles are always, I REPEAT  ALWAYS HEAVENLY.

THERFORE the title of GOD IS HEAVENLY!!!

And the title of god is earthly!!!

Why do you interpret the Bible literally only! When will you get it into your mind that since the bible is the WORD OF GOD, and you yourself are proud that GOD IS ONLY SPIRITUAL,

IT NEVER MEANT TO BE READ AND INTERPRETED ONLY LITERALLY IN EVERY SENSE,AND TO THE LEAST DETAIL. BEHAVING LIKEWISE IS DEFINITELY IN CONTRADICTION WITH GOD AND YOUR BELIEFE, AND ALSO THE MOST GIBBERISH, AND ERROR FILLED INTERPRETATION.

You asked:

why do you suppose that Satan and his demons didn't recognize Jesus as “God Himself, manifested in flesh”?  Why were they confused, and thinking Jesus was the Son OF God?

I can guarantee that the devil was more then sure when he called Jesus SON OF GOD, never mind confused, and in the same time he meant GOD IN FLESH. From the other hand, what the majority cannot see is that if he called Jesus GOD, it would not have  been  possible  to distinguish GOD, from god, who is of the earth.

Now let’s reflect on what the devil called Jesus in both circumstances???

Luke 8:28 When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not

Matthew 4:9 And said to him: All these will I give thee, if falling down thou wilt adore me. 10 Then Jesus saith to him: Begone, Satan: for it is written, The Lord thy God shalt thou adore, and him only shalt thou serve.  

In Luke 8:28 He called HIM :

JESUS , YOU SON OF GOD THE MOST HIGH!!

Why didn’t he call him simply son of God, but instead he had to elaborate so much??

This devil is not Satan himself but a legion, loads of demons. So he would have never called Jesus GOD, or simply SON OF GOD, especially on EARTH, since they were the evil angels who always considered Satan the god of the earth. Satan would have become more then pleased if he heard that, for the simple reason that he would have been aware that he achieved MANHOOD. In fact Satan was perplexed about Jesus, for he always believed that he would achieve manhood, not GOD.

Now let’s read Matthew 4:9

Reading Matthew it is quite obvious that since Satan himself tempted Jesus, he ignored completely to elaborate so much when he called Jesus .This to make us aware that he always considered himself god of the earth, and was never ready to call anybody god, especially a human being which still had to be tested through death. So when Satan himself called Jesus Son of God it is definitely a reference to the Most High God!!!

Jesus was more then satisfied when He called himself SON OF GOD, and SON OF MAN. It was the most appropriate title on earth to call God with, since there was already a god on earth, and God was a SPIRIT and a HEAVENLY title. After all that’s what was all about, who would own the flesh body!! And become either son of Satan, or son of God.
    So  SON OF GOD was only an earthly title for GOD ALMIGHTY ON EARTH. And to distinguish him from god of the world.

Why do you think that Jesus established the title FATHER SON RELATIONSHIP ON EARTH, in relation to us Christians??

These titles will definitely vanish as soon as we be in heaven.

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, HE AND TO WHOMSOEVER THE SON ( NOT THE FATHER) WILL REVEAL HIM.

I don't know How many times I posted this!! But it is vital to reflect upon it seriously, to make you realize that it is all depends on JESUS CHRIST FOR US HUMANS.

Even after we leave this filthy world.

We will be facing Jesus Christ, but not as a FATHER, SON,BROTHER,AND ALL THOSE EARTHLY TITLES BUT DEFINITELY A BEING THAT

NO EYE HAVE EVER SEEN, NO EAR HAVE EVER HEARD, AND NEITHER HAD ENTERED INTO THE HEART OF MAN, WHAT THINGS GOD HAD PREPARED FOR THEM THAT LOVE HIM!!

Reflect further:

John 16: 25 These things I have spoken to you in PROVERBS The hour cometh, when I will no more speak to you in proverbs, but will shew you plainly of the Father.

Jesus made it clear that He spoke in PROVERBS, so we could never understand heavenly attributes, through our own language and titles. He also confirmed that He would show them PLAINLY OF THE FATHER!!!

OK?? ONLY HE WOULD SHOW THEM PLAINLY OF THE FATHER, OBVIOUS HE IS THE FATHER WITHIN JESUS' MYSTICAL BODY.

AGAIN A PROVERB AND AN EARTHLY TITLE FOR THE SPIRIT GOD,

ALMIGHTY:

BUT DEFINITELY ALSO A MYSTERIOUS TITLE WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR TERMS ON EARTH.

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

CHARLES

Carmel,

Do you want us to believe that Satan had tempted the Most High and Almighty God, by offering ?

Satan know that he can not tempt the Lord and Most High God.

Satan knows that the true owner of everything is the Lord God, the Most High and he (Satan) know that he could not offer the matters already belongs to God.

Satan have asked the Almighty and the Most High God, to worship him (Satan)???

Satan have tempted Jesus, because he (Satan) know that Jesus is not the one and only true God.

Satan know that Jesus Christ shall be the one called the Son of the Most High.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Sep. 01 2012,05:04)

God was in Christ”

Edj,

PERFECT:

But only from Genesis 1:3 onwards as SPIRIT OF GOD And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS
    CHARLES

“In him was life; and the life was the light of men.” (John 1:4)

Viewing 20 posts - 9,941 through 9,960 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account