JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 9,721 through 9,740 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

In Modern Western philosophy the focus is on the individual: the me, myself and I. In contrast to this, the Ancient Hebrew/Eastern philosophy always focuses on the whole or the community: the us, our and we. When we read the Bible we must interpret it according to the culture of the Ancient Hebrews and their Hebrew/Eastern philosophy, and not from our own Modern Greco-Roman/Western philosophy.

In the Hebrew philosophy, the goal is the elimination of “self,” or the “ego.” If what I am saying is true, then why, when we read Yeshua's words, do we always see Yeshua centered on himself, in complete opposition to Hebrew philosophy. A perfect example of this is John 14:6. “I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the father but through me.” The answer is, we are reading the text wrong. We are interpreting it from a Western philosophy and not a Hebrew one.

To answer this question, we need to take a closer look at John 1:1, a very controversial and, in my opinion, a very misunderstood verse. In the KJV this passage reads, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

In the Old Testament, we are repeatedly told that the words of God are his teachings, which is the Hebrew word torah. God's teachings are his word. If we place the word teachings, within this verse we have, “In the beginning was the Teaching, and the Teaching was with God, and the Teaching was God.”

Then in verse 14 we read “And the teachings became flesh.” According to this passage, Yeshua took on the persona of God's teachings. After all, isn't that what Yeshua did? He came to teach the teachings of God.

Yeshua emptied himself of himself and instead took on the attributes of God's teachings. Therefore, whenever Yeshua speaks, it is not Yeshua speaking, but the teachings. When Yeshua says “I,” the “I” is not Yeshua, it is the teachings.

When we look at John 14:6 again, but with this understanding, we can read this as “the teachings of God are the way the truth and the life.” Interestingly, this is exactly what God teachings teach in the Old Testament.

Exodus 18:20 Teach them the Teachings and make known to them the way they are to go.

Psalm 119:142 Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and your Teaching is the truth.

Deuteronomy 32:47 Through [the Teachings] you may live long in the land.

According to these passages, The teachings of God are “the way the truth and the life,” do you think Yeshua would teach anything different from what God himself taught in his teachings?
    SOURCE: [VIDEO] John 1:1 from an Hebraic perspective  

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

ELOHIM: ONE, OR MORE THAN ONE?
    Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    Philippians 2:5-11
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 22 2012,11:16)
    “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

In Modern Western philosophy the focus is on the individual: the me, myself and I. In contrast to this, the Ancient Hebrew/Eastern philosophy always focuses on the whole or the community: the us, our and we. When we read the Bible we must interpret it according to the culture of the Ancient Hebrews and their Hebrew/Eastern philosophy, and not from our own Modern Greco-Roman/Western philosophy.

In the Hebrew philosophy, the goal is the elimination of “self,” or the “ego.” If what I am saying is true, then why, when we read Yeshua's words, do we always see Yeshua centered on himself, in complete opposition to Hebrew philosophy. A perfect example of this is John 14:6. “I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the father but through me.” The answer is, we are reading the text wrong. We are interpreting it from a Western philosophy and not a Hebrew one.

To answer this question, we need to take a closer look at John 1:1, a very controversial and, in my opinion, a very misunderstood verse. In the KJV this passage reads, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

In the Old Testament, we are repeatedly told that the words of God are his teachings, which is the Hebrew word torah. God's teachings are his word. If we place the word teachings, within this verse we have, “In the beginning was the Teaching, and the Teaching was with God, and the Teaching was God.”

Then in verse 14 we read “And the teachings became flesh.” According to this passage, Yeshua took on the persona of God's teachings. After all, isn't that what Yeshua did? He came to teach the teachings of God.

Yeshua emptied himself of himself and instead took on the attributes of God's teachings. Therefore, whenever Yeshua speaks, it is not Yeshua speaking, but the teachings. When Yeshua says “I,” the “I” is not Yeshua, it is the teachings.

When we look at John 14:6 again, but with this understanding, we can read this as “the teachings of God are the way the truth and the life.” Interestingly, this is exactly what God teachings teach in the Old Testament.

Exodus 18:20 Teach them the Teachings and make known to them the way they are to go.

Psalm 119:142 Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and your Teaching is the truth.

Deuteronomy 32:47 Through [the Teachings] you may live long in the land.

According to these passages, The teachings of God are “the way the truth and the life,” do you think Yeshua would teach anything different from what God himself taught in his teachings?
    SOURCE: [VIDEO] John 1:1 from an Hebraic perspective  

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

[VIDEO] Early Jewish and Christian Monotheism

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 21 2012,18:00)
    Thus, we have a historic precedent which shows the proper understanding of logos is as the “Divine Plan, thought, or motive” of the Almighty Creator.

In the beginning was the Divine Plan, and the Divine Plan was with THE God Jehovah, and the Divine Plan was THE God Jehovah.  The Divine Plan became flesh, and dwelled among us with the glory of God's only begotten Son. John the Baptist said that he was unfit to untie the sandal of the Divine Plan.

Hmmmmmm…………………   A plan of Jehovah used to BE Jehovah, but then became the Son of Jehovah?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 21 2012,17:14)
    That is why the translators chose to leave 'god' in all lower case, in many instances.

So then there actually ARE some “ifs” about it, huh? :)

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 22 2012,11:28)

Thus, we have a historic precedent which shows the proper understanding of logos is as the “Divine Plan, thought, or motive” of the Almighty Creator.

In the beginning was the Divine Plan, and the Divine Plan was with THE God Jehovah, and the Divine Plan was THE God Jehovah.  The Divine Plan became flesh, and dwelled among us with the glory of God's only begotten Son.  John the Baptist said that he was unfit to untie the sandal of the Divine Plan.

Hmmmmmm…………………   A plan of Jehovah used to BE Jehovah, but then became the Son of Jehovah?

“John the Baptist said that he was unfit to untie the sandal of the Divine Plan.” Such a foolish perversion! :D  

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 22 2012,11:51)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 22 2012,11:28)

In the beginning was the Divine Plan, and the Divine Plan was with THE God Jehovah, and the Divine Plan was THE God Jehovah.  The Divine Plan became flesh, and dwelled among us with the glory of God's only begotten Son.  John the Baptist said that he was unfit to untie the sandal of the Divine Plan.

“John the Baptist said that he was unfit to untie the sandal of the Divine Plan.” Such a foolish perversion! :D  

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

In other words:

In the beginning was the plan [of Yahweh], and the plan [of Yahweh] was with Him in the beginning, and the plan [of Yahweh] was sublime. The plan [of Yahweh] became flesh, and tabernacled among us with the esteem of Yahweh's only begotten son [Yahshua].

jammin
    Participant

ed,

that is just your opinion.
    you just cant accept the truth about john 1.1 even if you can read that the Word is Christ.

mike,

those who say a god in john 1.1 are the translators of NWT LOL

Ed J
    Participant

Sorry Jammin,

But it is just not in there.
    Religious doctrine is hard to drop.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 22 2012,17:18)
    Hi Pierre,

And because Rev 19:16 is about the “HolySpirit”,  
    the translators chose to use all uppercase letters…

“And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written,
    KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.” (Revelation 19:16)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Edj

But it is not the holy spirit ,it is Christ ,the holy spirit is Gods tool,not a person,

jammin
    Participant

ed,

it is hard to ignore the truth. it is hard to ignore the teaching of the apostle. john believes that the Word in john 1.1 is the son of God (christ)

John 1:14

Amplified Bible (AMP)

14 And the Word (Christ) became flesh (human, incarnate) and tabernacled (fixed His tent of flesh, lived awhile) among us; and we [actually] saw His glory (His honor, His majesty), such glory as an only begotten son receives from his father, full of grace (favor, loving-kindness) and truth.

sorry ed. but that is what the bible says.
    your illusion is not supported by the truth of the bible

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 21 2012,23:08)

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 21 2012,17:56)

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 21 2012,17:51)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 21 2012,16:26)
    i think this limjunus is a filipino. LOL
    study common sense boy LOL

So, what's wrong of being a pilipino? what is the different between you and the pilipino, …Why the color of your blood is blue?

Where did you discharge your shits, in your mouth so that you can have a different with other races?

Jammin, show his color, racial discrimination.

Just admit that you are the one has no common sense, because you could not give the rightful answers with my questions.

:D

Jammin, My questions is almost 2 weeks.  you have failed to answer it.

Meaning, you are nothing here in this discussion.

Here is one of the 5-common sense.

Sense of embarrassing/ humiliation. That the common sense you have not.

think first before asking me boy.
    you said christ is not GOd and you are using NLT to support your doctrine.. you should be ashamed of yourself bec you are using a version that contradicts your belief.
    LOL

so you think is there a need to answer you boy???
    you cant even understand the version you are using. LOL

do you believe that your father is truly HUMAN???
    do you believe that you,just like your father,is truly HUMAN???

if your answer is yes, you should understnd by now the nature of Christ and his father.
    if your answer is no, then you have a big prblem boy LOL

you should study hard before talking to me…LOL

i think you are a member of iglesia ni cristo by felix manalo. LOL
    you have the teaching of that false preacher LOL

Jammin,

The NLT version is not contradicting the truth about the truly God. Your understanding with the verses of the Bible was crushing head-on with the truth about the Oneness of God.

Here is your stand: ” Jesus Christ is truly God with the truly God in the beginning” John 1:1

Here is the verses of the Bible you are crushing head-on:

John 17:1,3 ERV.

“…that they may know you [Father] the only true God…”

John 7:16 NKJV

“Jesus answered them and said, “My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me.”

John 5:37 NKJV

“And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.”

John 7:28 NKJV

“Then Jesus cried out, as He taught in the temple, saying, “You both know Me, and you know where I am from; and I have not come of Myself, but He who sent Me is true, whom you do not know.”

John 12:49 NKJV
    “For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.”

Jammin said, Jesus Christ is truly God. So, Jammin recognized truly God, has his own truly God and obeying the commandment from another truly God.

Oh' come on Jammin, Do you really have common sense?

You just sticking with the verses that contradict the truth of the Bible? Find the truth Jammin and not the contradictory trnaslation.

limjunus
    Participant

So, what's wrong of being a pilipino? what is the different between you and the pilipino, …Why the color of your blood is blue?

Where did you discharge your shits, in your mouth so that you can have a different with other races?

Just admit that you are the one has no common sense, because you could not give the rightful answers with my questions.

you said christ is not GOd and you are using NLT to support your doctrine.. you should be ashamed of yourself bec you are using a version that contradicts your belief.
    LOL

if your answer is yes, you should understnd by now the nature of Christ and his father.

Do not involve any religious organization here Jammin.

We are discussing the Bible passages and not any religious group

Just admit that you can not answer my questions then I will not ask it again or else, answer it so that you can show to the readers that you have something in your mind?

Comaparison:

Jammin said: Jesus Christ is the One and only truly God.

Jesus Christ said: “… my Father is the one and only truly God.

Now, who is telling a lie, Jesus Christ or Jammin?

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 22 2012,06:22)

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 21 2012,00:25)
    He always question this: “How many nature you have “boy”? One or two?

Diverting the main issue to the matter that's not relevant.

Yep, DIVERSION is jammin's way of trying not to let the rest of us know he can't answer our questions.  For some reason, he thinks we can't see that he is hiding from the questions.   ???

I especially like this last diversion he used on you: how can i answer a person without common sense??? LOL    

REALLY jammin?   :D  :laugh:  :D

Mike,

Comprehend this:

Jammin proclaimed: “Jesus Christ is the One and only truly God”

Jesus Christ proclaimed: “My father is the one and only truly God”

Now, who is no common sense, Jesus Christ or Jammin?

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 22 2012,02:24)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 21 2012,23:11)
    ed,

the bible said that the Word in john 1.1 is the son of God who is himself God. .

No, God's word does NOT say that.

Ed J,

But Jammin, insisting the God's words say it so.

Jammin said, Jesus Christ is truly God receiving order from his own Father, the one and only truly God.

Truly God, commanding a truly God or versa-versa?

Crushing head-on the fundamental doctrine from God, that He is alone and there is no other God besides me.

Ignoring also the doctrines of Jesus Christ. that his Father is the one and only true God

jammin
    Participant

you talk too much limjunus.
    your words are non sense.

do you believe that your father is truly HUMAN??yes or no?

do you believe that you, just like your father, is also TRULY HUMAN?? yes or no?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 22 2012,18:38)

LOL

Jammin,

The NLT version is not contradicting the truth about the truly God.  

truly.
    bec the NLT believes that Christ is God
    John 1:18

New Living Translation (NLT)

18 No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father’s heart. He has revealed God to us.

=——–
    therefore, your words are non sense boy LOL
    you are using a bible that contradicts your belief.(bec you believe that Christ is not God but NLT believes he is God)
    sorry boy. the NLT is not supporting your false doctrine LOL

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Aug. 22 2012,06:49)

Carmel, the above wisdom is not my own opinion and it is very plainly truth from the Bible.

LIMJUNUS,

Since you felt uncomfortable to define, read and reflect:

KJV:

Romans1:19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

BY JESUS,AND IN JESUS WHILE ON EARTH!!

20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made,

BY JESUS, AND IN JESUS HIMSELF WHILE ON EARTH!!

even his eternal power and Godhead;

AS GOD MAN

so that they are without excuse:

John 15:23He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

24If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.

25But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

21Because that, when they knew God,

THROUGH JESUS WHILE ON EARTH

they glorified him not as God,

ALTHOUGH THE ONLY VISIBLE GOD

neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God

JESUS CHRIST

into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

SO YOU ARE WRONG FOR HUMANS THERE ARE NO VISIBLE CARNAL GODS EXCEPT JESUS SINCE THROUGH HIM THEY WERE BORN AGAIN IN THE SPIRIT AND WERE RECONCILED ONTO HIMSELF TO BE ONE WITH HIM AND IN THE SAME INSTANT WITH THE FATHER

COLOSSIANS 1:For it PLEASED THE FATHER that in him(JESUS CHRIST) should ALL FULNESS DWELL;

20And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself;

SINCE THROUGH HIM THEY WERE BORN AGAIN IN THE SPIRIT AND WERE RECONCILED ONTO HIMSELF TO BE ONE WITH HIM AND IN THE SAME INSTANT WITH THE FATHER

by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

jOHN17:1These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

WHO IS GLORIFYING WHO???

THE FATHER , THE SON OR BOTH???

EXPLAIN HOW THE SON GLORIFIES THE FATHER,AND THE FATHER GLORIFIES THE SON!!!

2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he (Jesus)should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.(all creation)

WHO GIVES ETERNAL LIFE THE FATHER, THE SON OR
    BOTH???

WHEN AND WHY THE FATHER GAVE THE SON ALL POWER OVER ALL FLESH???

WHY ALMIGHTY GOD NEEDED A SON TO DO ALL THIS??

OR IS IT THE SAME SPIRIT IN A DIFFERENT AND AN ADDITIONAL ATTRIBUTE AS A MEDIATOR OF GOD???  THEREFORE GOD HIMSELF!!!

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

SO THE FATHER BECAME THE TRUE GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST!!

NOT JUST GOD ANY MORE BUT BOTH, THE SPIRIT GOD, AND THE FLESH GOD, IN ONE MYSTICAL BODY.

4I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

HOW AND WHEN JESUS GLORIFED THE FATHER ON EARTH COULDN'T THE FATHER DO IT ALL BY HIMSELF, OR BOTH ??

THE FATHER IN THE SON , AND THE SON IN THE FATHER[/B]

LUKE 10:22All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him. ONLY THE SON HAS THE RIGHT TO REVEAL HIM, SINCE HE IS THE TRUE VISIBLE GOD.

5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

AGAIN, FIRST THE SON GLORIFIED THE FATHER ON EARTH, AND NOW THE FATHER GLORIFIES THE SON IN HIMSELF LIKE HE WAS BEFORE THE WORLD WAS IN EXISTANCE.

SO THEY BOTH GLORIFIES EACH OTHER THEREFORE THE SAME SPIRIT ONE GOD IN BOTH!!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Carmel,

In all of the verses you had post, nothing saying that Jesus Christ is the one and only true God. You have used the verses and simply adding your own conclusion so that you can introduce a context made only from and by your own understanding.

Why not rebut verse by verse the whole context of the truth from the Bible I have post?

As what i have said. It is not my own opinion. The truth were from the Bible, better reda it again and honestly comprehend it.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 22 2012,19:13)

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 22 2012,18:38)

LOL

Jammin,

The NLT version is not contradicting the truth about the truly God.  

truly.
    bec the NLT believes that Christ is God
    John 1:18

New Living Translation (NLT)

18 No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father’s heart. He has revealed God to us.

=——–
    therefore, your words are non sense boy LOL
    you are using a bible that contradicts your belief.(bec you believe that Christ is not God but NLT believes he is God)
    sorry boy. the NLT is not supporting your false doctrine LOL

Oh' really, Jammin?

Jesus Christ said, “My Father is the one and only truly God.”

Jammin said, “The begotten Son is the one and only truly God.”

Who is contradicting the truth about God, Jammin or Jesus Christ?

Jammin, stick with your mindset that Jesus Christ is the one and only truly God and I will stick to the words and mind of Jesus Christ, that his Father is the one and only truly God.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 22 2012,19:10)

do you believe that you, just like your father, is also TRULY HUMAN?? yes or no?

My Father is truly human and I also truly human, both of us are truly human but we are not only one as truly human nature but two truly human nature.

The nature of God, is not the same of human nature, human nature is a single specie but could be multiplied, many numbers and all of them are truly human in nature.

God is not an specie. He is the source of everything and he is in everything. He is spirit one and only truly God and could not be multiplied like the specie of the human being.

The true God is one and only number, not many numbers.

How many times I have answered you about, Mike also have answered you already. Why Jammin, ..you are pond of hiding with this kind of question?

It's seem you have nothing but just a recycling garbage question?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 22 2012,20:02)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 22 2012,19:10)

My Father is truly human and I also truly human, both of us are truly human

good.

now you agree that BOTH of you are truly HUMAN.

i want to repeat again my question.
    do you believe that both of you have only one nature and that is your HUMAN nature??? yes or no???

Viewing 20 posts - 9,721 through 9,740 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account