JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 9,481 through 9,500 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    carmel
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 13 2012,17:44)

Quote (carmel @ Aug. 13 2012,17:37)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 11 2012,11:34)

I believe we were all pre-existent Angels; all accept Jesus that is.

Edj

you did not understand my question!!

HERE IT IS AGAIN”:

What were we,before creation ever existed? ???

BEFORE THE ENTIRE CREATION EVER EXISTED???

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Angels

Edj,

Again:

What were we:

BEFORE THE ENTIRE CREATION EVER EXISTED???

BOTH HEAVEN AND EARTH NEVER MIND ANGELS

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 12 2012,01:49)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 10 2012,17:24)
    Yes, I was quite aware of the question. It seems the answer to the question is way over your head!

Then by all means, dumb it down for me please, because I didn't see an answer to my question in your last response.

Who are the “US”, Frank?

Mike,

I can't stoop that low! :D

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 12 2012,01:50)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 10 2012,17:35)
    Note that Philippians 2 does not say Yahshua pre-existed his birth as “a god”.

Nope.  But it teaches that Jesus pre-existed his “becoming made in the likeness of a human being” as a being who was in the form of God.

I assume “form of God” means “spirit being”, which God is.

Mike,

Note that Philppians 2 does not teach that Yahshua:

pre-existed his “becoming made in the likeness of a human being” as a being who was in the form of God.

The expression “form of God”  does not mean “spirit being”. Yahshua was and is a man or “son of man”.

THE MAN, YAHSHUA
    Revised 3/12/12

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 12 2012,22:05)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 13 2012,14:14)
    Perhaps you should check into it and find out the truth before making the claim?

Not interested: Perhaps you should check into it instead.

Or better yet, why don't we all just forget this claim you made without even knowing the truth of them matter:

The AKJV Bible society has translated it into “ALL” the major languages of the world.  

:)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 13 2012,03:02)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 13 2012,14:16)
    I asked YOU what YOU think Paul meant by the word “God” in Phil 2, and then offered MY opinion that he was referring to an indivual being instead of to a species of beings.

What do YOU think he was referring to?

i said phil  2.6 talks about nature or form

Okay. And which one of those things did Paul mean by using the word “God”?

Did Paul mean that Jesus was in the form of “nature”? Or in the form of “form”?

jammin, to whom does the word “God” refer in Phil 2:6? You may ask for help.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 12 2012,22:35)

Quote (mikeboll @ 64)
    I'm starting to get the feeling that some of you guys hold the KJV up as another god or something.

I had that feeling for a while now…………..

I thought Ed was the only KJV “worshipper” on this site.  It now appears that there are many.

Dudes, it is just an English translation – nothing more and nothing less.  (It's not even the FIRST English translation.  ??? )

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 13 2012,03:04)
    you are telling not the whole truth boy.

what we can read in the bible is

Philippians 2:6

Amplified Bible (AMP)

6 Who, although being essentially one with God and in the form of God [a](possessing the fullness of the attributes which make God God),

There ya go, jammin.

I fixed your translation for you by striking through all the words that are not actually in the Greek text.  :)

It seems I WAS telling the whole truth while you were ADDING your owns words to that truth.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Aug. 13 2012,11:58)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 13 2012,02:55)
    So God was of no use to Noah?  Or Abraham?  Or Moses?  Or David?

Sorry Charlie – no sale.

Mike,

Your eagerness to confront me destroyed you.

This is what I said…………….

Here's how it went, Charles:

Quote (carmel @ Aug. 12 2012,08:23)

Quote (mikeboll @ 64)
    The Israelites had a God long before Jesus came to earth.

Mike,

I NEVER SAID that THERE WAS NEVER A GOD, BUT IT WAS OF NO USE FOR THEM SINCE THEY HAD A HEART OF STONE (Satan's)

(BTW, thank you for posting only the part you are responding to. It makes the posts less long and easier to follow. :) )

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 14 2012,06:41)

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

“Jesus IS God!”?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 13 2012,22:41)

Quote (terraria @ Aug. 13 2012,15:35)
    they do not trust Gods word

PIERRE,

Please explain what exactly YOU mean here?  ???

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

edj

if you have faith in God and his son,and so believe what they have written ,but you still hesitate to truly believe their written words ,

then you do not trust in God or his son ,because this prove that you have not come to know them

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 14 2012,09:11)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 13 2012,22:41)

Quote (terraria @ Aug. 13 2012,15:35)
    they do not trust Gods word

PIERRE,

Please explain what exactly YOU mean here?  ???

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

edj

if you have faith in God and his son,and so believe what they have written ,but you still hesitate to truly believe their written words ,

then you do not trust in God or his son ,because this prove that you have not come to know them

I agree with you here Terra, because JESUS words has not sunk into them when he said; YOU MUST EATH MY FLESH TO HAVE ETERNAL LIFE.

WHAT ARE THEY DOING,THEY THINK THAT FLESH IS TASTLESS;NOT GOOD ENOUGH; SO THEY PUT SOME DRESSINGS ON IT,LIKE PEPPER, CHILLI,TOMATO SAUCE,MUSTERD SAUCE,ALL TO THEIR OWN TASTE,AND CORRUPTING THe PURE FLESH TASTE.

WE MUST LEARN TO LISTEN TO HIM.

wakeup.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant
    Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant
    jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 14 2012,08:02)

I asked YOU what YOU think Paul meant by the word “God” in Phil 2, and then offered MY opinion that he was referring to an indivual being instead of to a species of beings.

Okay.  And which one of those things did Paul mean by using the word “God”?

Did Paul mean that Jesus was in the form of “nature”?  Or in the form of “form”?

jammin, to whom does the word “God” refer in Phil 2:6?  You may ask for help.

are you blind??? LOL

i told you before that the bible said form of God or nature of God in phil 2.6

why are you insisting your non sense words form of form or form of nature LOL

you are out of your mind boy LOL

why dont you finish your homework boy. did you find any translation that says individual being in phil 2.6???

you may ask for help. ill wait boy LOL

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 14 2012,08:14)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 13 2012,03:04)
    you are telling not the whole truth boy.

what we can read in the bible is

Philippians 2:6

Amplified Bible (AMP)

6 Who, although being essentially one with God and in the form of God [a](possessing the fullness of the attributes which make God God),

There ya go, jammin.

I fixed your translation for you by striking through all the words that are not actually in the Greek text.  :)

It seems I WAS telling the whole truth while you were ADDING your owns words to that truth.

really???

you just cant accept the truth mike.
    i told you to make your own bible LOL

commentaries also say that it refers to his (christ) nature as God (phil 2.6)
    how about you boy? ill wait for your translation that says individual being or species in phil 2.6

you may ask for help boy LOL

jammin
    Participant

Okay.  And which one of those things did Paul mean by using the word “God”?

Did Paul mean that Jesus was in the form of “nature”?  Or in the form of “form”?

the Word God refers to Christ.
    read well the context boy LOL

that is his form or nature.

an example of this is you are HUMAN

you have the form of HUMAN – the word HUMAN refers to you boy and not your relative LOL

go to school mike and study hard. LOL

mikeboll64
    Blocked

From t8, in the “Binity” discussion he is having with Lightenup:

Most of the discrepancies between the KJV and more modern versions has little to do with writers adding in extra sentences like the instance you are now promoting, rather has more to do with the KJV using a not so old manuscript (textus receptus) while modern versions of the bible use older versions of manuscripts, multiple versions, and the addition of the Dead Sea Scrolls as a triple check.

Has anyone ever played the game in school where the teacher tells one student a sentence, and then it is passed student to student throughout the classroom until the last student repeats it aloud?  We did that when I was in school, and the final sentence wasn't even close to the sentence the teacher originally spoke.

The same can happen with mss of the scriptures.  Which ms is going to be closer to the actual words written:

A.  A ms that has been translated and re-translated for 1000 years?

B.  A ms that was only translated once from the original?

“B” is the correct answer.  The closer we can get to the originals, the closer we will get to the truth of what was actually written by the Apostles and disciples.  And the bottom line is that the newer English versions are translated from MANY mss which are much older than the SIX fairly recent ms that the KJV was translated from.

“More recent” means more time for ALTERATIONS to have been made through the years.

Food for thought.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 13 2012,18:14)

the Word God refers to Christ.

Ah, FINALLY, an answer to my question!  :D

So jammin, you think that the teaching in Phil 2:6 is that Christ was existing in the form of Christ?

Hmmmm………………

(And btw, you're asking the wrong question about “individual being”.  You shouldn't ask if I can “find a translation” that says what I want it to say, because then I'd just be like you.  You should instead ask if the GREEK TEXT says anything about “individual being”.  And the answer is “NO”.

But then again, I never said it did.  I simply asked you what Paul meant by the word “God” in Phil 2. Then I offered my OPINION that he was talking about the individual being who created the universe – not a “species”. Judging from the answer you just gave, you apparently don't agree with me about that. :) )

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Did Jesus Empty Himself of Any Divine Attributes?
    by Servetus the Evangelical

The Apostle Paul wrote to the Christians at Philippi, exhorting them to be humble
    and love one another (Philippians 2.1-4). Then he added what all modern scholars insist
    is a pre-existing hymn whose composer remains unknown. Paul introduces this hymn by
    telling readers, “Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus” (v. 5).
    Then he begins the hymn by saying, “who, although He existed in the form of God, did
    not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form
    of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men …” (vv. 6-7).
    Philippians 2.6-11 has had a most profound impact on the history of Christology.
    H.E. Todt says of it, “Christological doctrine has been developed in Protestantism mainly
    with regard to the concepts expressed in Phil. 2. The synoptic texts were interpreted to
    conform to this passage.” It should have been vice versa.
    Consequently, Philippians 2.6-11 has been hotly debated among modern scholars.
    N.T. Wright says the main reason is that it “is one of the most notoriously complex
    passages” in all of Paul’s New Testament (NT) letters. Due to the necessary brevity of this
    article, we will only be able to scratch the surface of this scholarly discussion.
    Two contrasting interpretations of Philippians 2.6-11 have prevailed among scholars.
    The traditional “incarnational” or “preexistent interpretation,” which still dominates to
    the present, means that vv. 6-7 presents Jesus as personally existing in heaven prior to his
    earthly life and being equal with God the Father. The “anthropological” or “human
    interpretation,” which is gaining favor with scholars, means that vv. 6-8 refers only to
    Jesus’ earthly life and therefore has nothing to do with preexistence or incarnation.
    Those who adopt the preexistent interpretation of this Philippians 2 hymn view it in
    three stages: preexistence in v. 6, incarnation in vv. 7-8, and heavenly exaltation in vv. 9-
    11. They interpret “form of God” in v. 6 as Jesus having preexisted eternally as a distinct
    hypostasis or Person, being the Logos of John 1.1-18, by possessing the same divine
    nature as that of God the Father, which makes him equal with the Father.
    How one interprets the expression, “in the form of God” (Gr. en morphe theou),
    largely determines the interpretation of the remainder of the hymn. This critical phrase is
    difficult partly because, except for cognates, morphe (“form”) occurs only twice in the
    Greek NT, both being here in vv. 6-7. In most Greek literature, morphe means “outward
    appearance,” that is, what can be perceived only by the senses. So, “form of God” seems
    to refer to Jesus’ bodily existence rather than a pre-temporal, ontological preexistence.
    Proponents of the human interpretation of Philippians 2.6-11 have searched the Old
    Testament (OT) for links to this hymn as the key to understanding its author’s intended
    meaning. Thus, they link Jesus existing “in the form of God” with Adam being made in
    the “image (of God),” as in Genesis 1.27; 5.3. In support, Paul elsewhere describes Jesus
    as God’s “image” (Greek eikon; 2 Corinthians 4.4; Col 1.15). Accordingly, the hymn
    begins by saying Jesus was in the image of God, like Adam, called Adam Christology.
    What does the hymn mean by saying that Jesus “did not regard equality with God a
    thing to be grasped”? Scholars who adopt the preexistent interpretation usually insist it
    means that prior to Jesus’ incarnation, as the Logos, he possessed “equality with God”
    and relinquished it at the moment of incarnation. But if the Logos could have grasped at
    equality with God, He did not possess it and thus could not have been equal with God.
    Proponents of the human interpretation of this hymn link “equality with God” to
    “like God” in Genesis 3.5. Recall that Adam sinned because Satan deceived Eve, saying
    that if she ate the forbidden fruit, “you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” This lie
    means they could attain “equality with God” regarding knowledge and wisdom (v. 6).
    What does the hymn mean by saying that Jesus “emptied Himself”? Proponents of
    the preexistent interpretation of the hymn have understood this mostly in one of two
    ways, that at Jesus’ incarnation he divested himself of his relative divine attributes or he
    merely chose not to exercise some of them during his incarnation. These suggestions are
    called Kenotic Christology because the root word for “emptied” in the Greek text is
    kenosis. But either of these suggestions raises serious problems. A divesture of any of
    these divine attributes—for example, omniscience, omnipresence, and omnipotence—
    would have been necessary because they are incompatible with being human, yet such
    divesture necessarily results in something less than full deity.
    Some proponents of the human interpretation have linked “emptied Himself” (Gr.
    heauton ekenosen) with “poured out Himself to death” (Heb. nephesho lamoot herah) in
    Isaiah 53.12. Joachim Jeremias convincingly championed this background for the hymn.
    He said of these words in Philippians 2.7, “The use of Is. 53:12 shows that the expression
    heauton ekenosen implies the surrender of life, not the kenosis of the incarnation.”
    Indeed. Paul introduced this hymn by saying, “Do nothing from selfishness or empty
    conceit, but with humility of mind” (Philippians 2.3), which he says was Jesus’ attitude
    (v. 5). Therefore, Paul likely understood this hymn to mean that Jesus emptied Himself of
    self by submitting to God’s plan for his life. It is the cross of Christ, not incarnation,
    which is the epitome of Jesus’ self-denial depicted in the NT. And it is only in this sense,
    rather than incarnation, that Paul can legitimately set forth an example for his readers to
    follow. Therefore, Jesus did not deny himself by laying aside or suppressing certain
    divine attributes at his birth, but by doing acts of moral character throughout his life that
    culminated in death on a cross, resulting in salvation for all those who believe in him.
    In my book, The Restitution of Jesus Christ, I devote 21 pages to the interpretation of
    Philippians 2.5-11. In doing so, I cite 45 scholars and their works plus 4 church fathers.

The Pre-existence
    Philippians 2:5-11
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

“Jesus IS God!”?

Viewing 20 posts - 9,481 through 9,500 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account