JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 9,361 through 9,380 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 10 2012,09:55)
    Case re-opened

Do we become “God by nature” too?  (2Peter 1:4)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

we become what???

read the verse well boy.
    your doctrine is not in the bible.

jammin
    Participant

mike,

God is nature according to paul phil 2.6
    if the bible says nature or form then you must stick to the term.

make your own bible and make it species

jammin
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 10 2012,15:05)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 10 2012,09:48)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 10 2012,08:41)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 09 2012,08:24)
    mike,
    are you truly human just like your father?
    yes or no?

Sorry jammin,

I forgot about this question yesterday.  YES, I am truly human just like my (earthly) father is.

you agree that your father is truly human
    you agree that you and your father HAVE the same nature and that is your human nature.
    you agree that you are also truly human just like your father.

therefore,

Christ is truly God just like his father
    christ and his father have the same nature.
    the father is truly God. the son is truly God by nature.

thanks for your answer
    case closed

Case close? What case? Nature of God or nature of man

You can close the nature of man, there is no problem with me but the case about the nature (attributes) of God, we are just in the beginning.

Man nature in the term of multiplication: Human Father & mother bearing a child, of course also a human. It is scientifically proven.

How about the nature (attributes) of God. HIS SINGULARITY:In the term of : Mathematically, Scientifically and spiritually, it could not be possible for the true One and only God to be multiplied the same with the human.

So, the point is, Jesus Christ is not the One and only true God, but instead he has the nature of God for being HOLY, entitled him to be the “only begotten Son of God” (he is the only human has no even single sin) and he is entitled to “never die” (immortal status) because death is the penalty of the sin, Jesus Christ, did not do any single sin.

That nature (Holy & Immortal) is also entitled him to be equal with God, and he gave-up (stripped) that nature (Holy & immortal) by taken the nature or form of a man, so that he can take all of our sins and died for us.  Philippians 2:6-8

Jesus Christ for being obedient to the will of God, even in the death on the cross; as what they have agreed; God raised him from the dead and elevated him to the highest position; given him a very special name above all name and in his name every knee, above in heaven, on earth and underneath the earth shall be kneeling down (worshiping) and God made him both Lord and Christ, for the glory of the One and only true God.
    Philippians 2:9-11  

Peace.

???  :D  ???

u did not answer my question
    your father is truly human and you agree

are you truly human just like your father??

mike has already answered me. how about u boy?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 10 2012,16:39)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 10 2012,09:55)
    Case re-opened

God bless
    Ed J

we become what???

read the verse well boy.
    your doctrine is not in the bible.

Hi Jammin,

The divine nature in Jesus – is what YOU say makes him “God”,
    so my question to you Jammin is: when we're partakers of
    the divine nature – does that make us “God” as well?                       <– please answer

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 10 2012,16:39)
    mike,

Hi Jammin,

Once me and Mike take your logic to the next Illogical step,
    you deny the application we put it to and switch by saying…

it is our (me or Mike's) idea – instead it is YOUR idea
    applied in a way that exposes its weakness
    Mike certainly knows what I mean!

God bless

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 10 2012,16:41)

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 10 2012,15:05)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 10 2012,09:48)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 10 2012,08:41)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 09 2012,08:24)
    mike,
    are you truly human just like your father?
    yes or no?

Sorry jammin,

I forgot about this question yesterday.  YES, I am truly human just like my (earthly) father is.

you agree that your father is truly human
    you agree that you and your father HAVE the same nature and that is your human nature.
    you agree that you are also truly human just like your father.

therefore,

Christ is truly God just like his father
    christ and his father have the same nature.
    the father is truly God. the son is truly God by nature.

thanks for your answer
    case closed

Case close? What case? Nature of God or nature of man

You can close the nature of man, there is no problem with me but the case about the nature (attributes) of God, we are just in the beginning.

Man nature in the term of multiplication: Human Father & mother bearing a child, of course also a human. It is scientifically proven.

How about the nature (attributes) of God. HIS SINGULARITY:In the term of : Mathematically, Scientifically and spiritually, it could not be possible for the true One and only God to be multiplied the same with the human.

So, the point is, Jesus Christ is not the One and only true God, but instead he has the nature of God for being HOLY, entitled him to be the “only begotten Son of God” (he is the only human has no even single sin) and he is entitled to “never die” (immortal status) because death is the penalty of the sin, Jesus Christ, did not do any single sin.

That nature (Holy & Immortal) is also entitled him to be equal with God, and he gave-up (stripped) that nature (Holy & immortal) by taken the nature or form of a man, so that he can take all of our sins and died for us.  Philippians 2:6-8

Jesus Christ for being obedient to the will of God, even in the death on the cross; as what they have agreed; God raised him from the dead and elevated him to the highest position; given him a very special name above all name and in his name every knee, above in heaven, on earth and underneath the earth shall be kneeling down (worshiping) and God made him both Lord and Christ, for the glory of the One and only true God.
    Philippians 2:9-11  

Peace.

???  :D  ???

u did not answer my question
    your father is truly human and you agree

are you truly human just like your father??

mike has already answered me. how about u boy?

Just post that you can not answers my questions, do not make us fool around here

Your question is 101% nonsense.

Do not compare the nature of God to the nature of man. You are 100% zero with the Bible knowledge and in intellectual good manner and right conduct.

How can I answer you? the issue is the nature (attributes) of God, and not the nature of man.

To question the nature of man regarding what nature the father and the son is? Is just you are showing your complete ignoramus about it and trying to intimidate me but in fact you are not capable to refute my questions.

So, now where is your answers? “bad-boy”

limjunus
    Participant

Tinatanong pa ba yan? Tatay ko tao, siyempre tao rin ako na anak ng tatay ko! Eh ang Dios katulad ba ng tao ang nature na dumadami (can be multiplied) ng katuald ng tao?

Ang nature ng tao bago magkaroon ng anak, kailangan ang babae at lalake ay mag-talik at mabuntis ang babae at manganak of course ng tao rin. Eh ang nature ng Dios, kaparehu ba ng sa tao? May asawa ba ang Dios para buntisin? … at ang anak ay Dios din? …. sino ang asawa ng Dios, para buntisin? …. ang nature ba ng Dios, mapaparami tulad ng sa tao?

Naku Jammin, ang hina mo pala sa comparison. ginagawa mo kaming mga “fools” dito sa Heaven-Net eh.

So, nasaan na ang sagot mo sa mga tanong ko?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi limjunus,

Are you Filipino?

God bless

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 10 2012,18:36)
    Hi limjunus,

Are you Filipino?

God bless

I am not 100% Filipino, mixed blood.

May be Jammin is a Filipino? I post my notes in Filipino.

carmel
    Participant

Edj,

What were we,before creation ever existed????

peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 10 2012,12:09)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 09 2012,16:57)
    For Yahweh knows that when you eat of it, then your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be like gods, knowing what is righteous and what is evil.

Genesis 3:22
    And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

So did Satan really lie, Frank?  And who is the “us” to whom God refers?  What does He mean by “one of US”?

Here is a snippet from NETNotes on Gen 1:26 (Let US create man in OUR image):

In its ancient Israelite context the plural is most naturally understood as referring to God and his heavenly court (see 1 Kgs 22:19-22; Job 1:6-12; 2:1-6; Isa 6:1-8). (The most well-known members of this court are God’s messengers, or angels. In Gen 3:5 the serpent may refer to this group as “gods/divine beings.”

From here.

Mike,

Well, it seems that Satan has deceived you also!  :D

Did Adam and Eve die or not? Did they become “gods” or not? Is not Yahweh our Heavenly Father and Creator an immortal being? Were the heavenly hosts that Yahweh created immortal beings? Were Adam and Eve created as immortal or mortal beings? Was Yahshua Messiah at one time an immortal being? You did say that you believe that Yahshua emptied himself of being “a god”, right? Did not Yahshua die? If Father Yahweh is not the author of confusion … ???  

LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR IMAGE
    Genesis 1:26,27
    By Voy Wilks
    8/31/98

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Frank,

The question is: What did God mean by the words “one of US” in Gen 3:22?

Please answer the question.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 09 2012,20:37)
    I do know you can address two different individuals by their titles with the same words you would address one individual by two titles.

Then John said to the Prime Minister, “Hello there, Mr. President and Mr. Prime Minister!”

See how that doesn't work, Kerwin? John 20:28 doesn't say, “Jesus said to God AND to Jesus…………….” It says he spoke his words ONLY to Jesus.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Aug. 09 2012,20:39)
    Do you disagree with this translation that says; God manifested in the flesh and why?

Have you not been reading the thread, Wakeup?

I absolutely disagree with that translation of 1 Tim 3:16 for many reasons.

If I take the time to post them AGAIN, will you actually read and respond to what I post?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 09 2012,23:39)
    mike,

First of all jammin,

I don't believe Paul is talking about a species when he writes the word “God” in Phil 2:6.  I believe Paul is referring to an INDIVIDUAL BEING that we all know as “God”.

Secondly, there are no words in Phil 2:6 that say “God is nature”.  I don't know where you're even getting that from.  ???

Phil 2 says that Jesus was existing in the form OF God.  

jammin, whose form was Jesus existing in?  Was he existing in the form of a species known as “God”?  Or in the form of an individual being known as “God”?  Which one, please?

(It's not that hard of a question, jammin. Surely you are capable of answering it after all this time, right? My answer is: AN INDIVIDUAL BEING. What's yours?)

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 11 2012,10:05)
    Frank,

The question is:  What did God mean by the words “one of US” in Gen 3:22?

Please answer the question.

Mike,

Yes, I was quite aware of the question. It seems the answer to the question is way over your head! :D

LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR IMAGE
    Genesis 1:26,27
    By Voy Wilks
    8/31/98

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 11 2012,10:20)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 09 2012,23:39)
    mike,

First of all jammin,

I don't believe Paul is talking about a species when he writes the word “God” in Phil 2:6.  I believe Paul is referring to an INDIVIDUAL BEING that we all know as “God”.

Secondly, there are no words in Phil 2:6 that say “God is nature”.  I don't know where you're even getting that from.  ???

Phil 2 says that Jesus was existing in the form OF God.  

jammin, whose form was Jesus existing in?  Was he existing in the form of a species known as “God”?  Or in the form of an individual being known as “God”?  Which one, please?

(It's not that hard of a question, jammin.  Surely you are capable of answering it after all this time, right?  My answer is:  AN INDIVIDUAL BEING.  What's yours?)

Mike,

Note that Philippians 2 does not say Yahshua pre-existed his birth as “a god”.

The Pre-existence
    Philippians 2:5-11
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Aug. 11 2012,08:06)

Edj,

What were we,before creation ever existed? ???

peace and love in Jesus
    Charles

Hi Charles,

I believe we were all pre-existent Angels; all accept Jesus that is.

God bless

Devolution
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 08 2012,08:14)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 06 2012,22:25)

Quote (journey42 @ Aug. 07 2012,15:09)
    What version do you suggest I read?

of course his one and only NEW WORLD TRANSLATION
    :D

LOL

Yes jammin,

The NWT is a very good translation.  I actually prefer the NIV wording, and like it the best out of the four translations I've read cover to cover.

journey, I suggest using a site like NETBible, or  Biblos.com for “comparison shopping”.  :)

On those sites, you can view many parallel translations, plus check out the actual Greek, Aramaic or Hebrew words to see which translation comes the closest to the original.

There are also many commentaries you can read to find out even more concerning any particular scripture.

90% of the time, I quote the NIV when I quote scripture here.  But that is not to say that they don't also have their own oddball renderings.  Just check out John 1:18 in the NIV to see what I mean.  Talk about bizarre and confusing.  :D

Mike,

The NWT is a very good translation.  I actually prefer the NIV wording, and like it the best out of the four translations I've read cover to cover.

What i am seeing here is a scholary approach to the scriptures and not a faithful approach on your behalf. Your words “very good”, “i prefer”, “best translations i've read”” etc testify to something greatly lacking in your approach to Gods written word.
    And that is this, that your words testify against you that you do not believe that God was able to keep His promise to preserve His word for all generations.

Psalm 12:6-7 says, “The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.”

These words state very clearly that God's preserved word MUST be available to us today, because God PROMISED to preserve it for us.

There MUST be an infallible Book somewhere. You say, “But ALL translations are God's word, not just one.” That's impossible, because the various translations contain different readings, and God is not the author of confusion (I Cor. 14:33). Besides, if all of the versions are the word of God, then where are the “corrupt” and “perverted” versions that we are warned about in II Corinthians 2:17? If everyone is innocent, then where are those who are said to be GUILTY of subtracting from and adding to the word of God (Rev. 22:18-19)? God wouldn't have warned us about Bible perversion if it wasn't going to be a reality.

According to the scriptures, there must be a single Book that is the word of God, and there must be MANY which are involved in CORRUPTING the word of God. Now, if the Authorized Version isn't the infallible word of God, then WHAT IS? There has to be a Book somewhere in “all generations” which is God's word; so what book is it? Those who “use” the new versions believe that these are good and reliable translations, but they do NOT believe these to be INFALLIBLE translations. However, I know MANY people who believe the King James Bible to be an infallible Book. Why? Because they know that the One True God has ONE TRUE BOOK. He promised to preserve His words, and we believe that He has done just that. Jesus said, “Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away” (Matthew 24:35). If His words didn't pass away, then where are they? I want to read them. There has to be a perfect volume somewhere. I know the King James Bible is the word of God because God promised to preserve His words.

There can be no “i prefer”, “very good (version)” etc, God is clear on this, He HAS preserved His written Word…full stop. I BELIEVE Him Mike. YOU should too.
    And i care not what your scholars who have influenced you have to say about this truth, i believe My God.
    There is only one preserved word Mike, NOT hundreds of “versions” of His Word, all differing from each other, but ONE….the only other result is what you wittingly or unwittingly are saying….that there actually is no preserved Word at all.
    That YOU do NOT believe that there IS an infallible book available to men as promised.  

Again, Your words “very good”, best “version” etc TESTIFY against you that you do not BELIEVE that there is indeed a preserved word as promised by God.
    Think about that very carefully please.

Devolution
    Participant

Oh Mike,

There is something else you should consider, unlike ALL other versions of the bible, the KJV has one superior truth over them all, and that is this, the King James Translators actually BELIEVED They Were Handling the Very Words of God

One can see this truth by reading the Prefatory and Dedicatory remarks in the Authorized Version. These men didn't believe they were handling “God's message” or “reliable manuscripts.” They believed they were handling the very words of God Himself. As I Thessalonians 2:13 says, they “. . . . received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.” Like the serpent of Genesis 3:1, modern translators approach the scriptures in skepticism, saying, “Yea, hath God said?”

This was the first recorded sin in the Bible, and it still runs rapid through the hearts and minds of most scholars and new version promoters. God has always allowed such people to be DECEIVED because of the IDOLS in their hearts (Ezek. 14:1-9; II Thess. 2:10-12; I Kings 22). A man who lacks faith in God's word is in no condition to translate it.
    This eliminates every revision committee in the past one hundred years, because these committees have consisted mostly of highly educated men who were heady, high-minded, and proud, thinking that their intelligence qualified them to tamper with the pure words of God.
    The KJV translators were not like this. Their scholarship FAR EXCEEDED that of modern translators, yet they remained humble and allowed God to use them in order to produce an infallible masterpiece. They didn't set out to “judge” and “correct” the word of God.
    Their purpose was to translate God's word for the English speaking people, as they were told to do by their appointed king. I know the King James Bible is the word of God because the KJV translators believed it themselves, unlike the translators in all the “versions” you are promoting Mike.
    There is so much more to this subject than you are considering Mike.
    And that so much more deals with men “perfecting”, by their own wisdom, that which was ALREADY PERFECT, just as God PROMISED of whom they believed not.

“Yea, Hath God said?” indeed.

Cheers.

Viewing 20 posts - 9,361 through 9,380 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account