JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,581 through 5,600 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    We have one teacher Christ Jesus.
    Human vessels are used.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2012,13:08)
    Hi KW,
    We have one teacher Christ Jesus.
    Human vessels are used.

Nick,

Unless Jesus teaches the teacher teaches lies. As Paul instructs follow a teacher as that teacher follows Jesus.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 01 2012,06:13)

Quote (kerwin @ April 01 2012,00:25)
    Mike,

You claim “pretend to assume that every mention of “word” in the scriptures has the same meaning.”

I believe the Word of God is the Word of God even when it is Jesus’ title.

That kind of “word” is not to be confused with God's main spokesperson, who has been given the TITLE “The Word of God”, because he speaks the words (a different meaning than in the title) of God to others.

He also bears the titles Faithful, True, and King of Kings among others.

The king of Abyssinia of old had a spokesman who went by the TITLE “The Word of the King”.  Now, would you seriously confuse this PERSON with an actual word the king spoke or wrote?

I do not confuse that person with Jesus.  Jesus is much more than a spokesman for God.

If not, then why do you PRETEND to confuse the PERSON Jesus, who is called by the title “The Word of God”, with other spoken or written words of God?

The prophets were each spokesmen of God.  Jesus is much greater than they are.

You state that I pretend and yet you fail to consider your viewpoint is colored by Trinitarian heresy.  It is an attempt to break free from that demonic lie; but you are yet ensnared by Satan.  

We are taught that God put his Word in Balaam’s mouth, Numbers 23:5 ; how much more did he put it in the mind of Jesus Anointed and write it on his heart as the Prototype and Archetype of his children to come.

Kerwin

We are taught that God put his Word in Balaam’s mouth, Numbers 23:5 ; how much more did he put it in the mind of Jesus Anointed and write it on his heart as the Prototype and Archetype of his children to come.

Nu 23:5 The LORD put a message in Balaam’s mouth and said, “Go back to Balak and give him this message.”INV

Nu 23:4 Then God met Balaam; and Balaam said to him, “I have arranged the seven altars, and have offered a bull and a ram on each altar.” 5 The LORD put a word in Balaam's mouth, and said, “Return to Balak, and this is what you must say.” 6 So he returned to Balak, who was standing beside his burnt offerings with all the officials of Moab. 7 Then Balaam uttered his oracle, saying:

Nu 23:5 And Jehovah put a word in Balaam's mouth, and said, Return unto Balak, and thus thou shalt speak.

some translation put the words “a word ”  is this mean that God spook to balaam  only ONE WORD ?????? because that is what I understand and yet he give Balaam an entire story to tell Balak SO IT IS MORE LIKE WORDS rather than word,

Pierre,

The bible is called the Word even though it contains many words.

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

kERWIN

you say that it is God that put his will in our hearts ???right ??

so that we have to do nothing right ??

Those that have the Spirit of God are compeled to do all that is right because its nature is holy and righteous as God is.  That is what God means when he states he will but the Word in us and write it on our hearts.

We  have to do all of what Jesus taught us about it in order to obtain and live by the Spirit.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 31 2012,06:05)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 31 2012,01:35)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 30 2012,17:07)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 30 2012,16:51)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 30 2012,16:30)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 30 2012,08:49)
    edj, kerwin, nick

no need for further explanations. just read your opinion in john 1.1
    if you cant read your opinion then mke your own version

Jammin,

Establishing facts is not explaining.  It is a fact that God, his Spirit, and the Word were in the beginning.  

There is nothing even hinting at the Anointed until the Sixth Day.

that is just your opinion.

but the term “GOD”

refers to the father, son and HS.

3 persons, but one in nature, GOD.

that's what the bible says.

make your own version

Hi Jammin,

Where in the bible does it say “three persons”,
    seems YOU have made YOUR own version; no?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

if i can read that to you in the bible, will you accpt that you are a false teacher?

yes or no?

Hi Jammin,

Corrupted versions mean NOTHING!
    But if you think it does, then post it.

עד (Joshua 22:34) Ed (Witness)

you will say that the version is corrupted bec it does not support your doctrine. then make your own version edj

make you version that says in john 1.1 that the WORD is the HS.

LOL

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 31 2012,17:04)
    I understand that words can mean many things and that Satan uses both the ignorance and corruption of mankind to ensnare him to lies.  As I stated your understanding is an attempt to escape the untruths that crept into the church long ago; an attempt that falls short of the goal.

It is you who falls way short of your goal, Kerwin.

My Lord tells me, “I came down from heaven”, and I believe him.  You don't.  It's really as simple as that.

Stop letting Satan use your ignorance and stubborness to ensnare you, Kerwin.

Anyway, my last post was to let you know that we see through your many misdirections.  I've apparently suceeded in doing that because you admit the word “word” refers to many different things in scripture.  Perhaps now you will stop trying to equalize “the word of God” that came to Isaiah (for instance) with “The Word of God” who was existing in the form of God in heaven, became flesh, and dwelled among mankind with the glory of the only begotten Son of God that he was.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 31 2012,23:27)

Quote (terraricca @ April 01 2012,09:33)
    N

I believe in the words of the anointed one the son of God and the WORD OF GOD ,

YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE ONE THAT WAS SEND FROM ABOVE YOU DO NOT BELIEVE HIS WORDS ,SO HOW CAN YOU DISCERN ANYTHING BESIDE OF WHAT ALL WHO READ THE SCRIPTURES CAN UNDERSTAND NO MORE ,YOU ARE STILL ON MILK HAVE NEVER GROWN BE ON SOFT FOOD ,BABY FOOD
    MEAD IS FOR MATURE BELIEVERS

Hi T,
    Shouting and accusing does not reflect well on you.

Perhaps it reflects on you, Nick. If you are constantly getting people enraged by your nonsense posts, then perhaps you should try a different approach? Perhaps something other than condescending arrogance?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Yes folk do get angry when their human interpretations are shown to be illusory.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 02 2012,13:25)
    Hi MB,
    Yes folk do get angry when their human interpretations are shown to be illusory.

N

I am not angry ,it is just that Nick keep forgetting that he does not believes in Gods son ,he does not believe in the message of his disciples only in himself

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2012,13:25)
    Hi MB,

But you don't ever actually scripturally show any of our understandings to be illusionary, Nick.

You make arrogant condescending posts with that intent, but it only amounts to a spiritually starved man poking unsubstantiated insults at children of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    No.
    But I do not waste many words on those fixated on the flesh man Jesus the Nazarene.

Be like John and know the meaning of the WORD

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 02 2012,02:33)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 31 2012,06:05)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 31 2012,01:35)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 30 2012,17:07)

Hi Jammin,

Where in the bible does it say “three persons”,
    seems YOU have made YOUR own version; no?

God bless
    Ed J

if i can read that to you in the bible, will you accpt that you are a false teacher?

yes or no?

Hi Jammin,

Corrupted versions mean NOTHING!
    But if you think it does, then post it.

עד (Joshua 22:34) Ed (Witness)

you will say that the version is corrupted bec it does not support your doctrine. then make your own version edj

make you version that says in john 1.1 that the WORD is the HS.

LOL

Hi Jammin,

That is what the Scripture indicates: you need to understand Scripture
    as a whole, or your own thoughts will lead to all sorts of speculations.

“The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit” (John 6:63)

John 12:49-50 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me,
    he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
    And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I
    speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

John 1:14 is a reference to Jordan, where Jesus became “The Christ”!

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 02 2012,06:51)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 02 2012,13:25)
    Hi MB,

N

I am not angry ,it is just that Nick keep forgetting that he does not believes in Gods son ,he does not believe in the message of his disciples only in himself

Hi Pierre,

That is not true!    …why do you spout such garbage?
    You don't get why Gene says to you: you have a foul mouth?
    “That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.” (Mark 7:20)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 02 2012,03:10)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 31 2012,23:27)

Quote (terraricca @ April 01 2012,09:33)
    N

I believe in the words of the anointed one the son of God and the WORD OF GOD ,

YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE ONE THAT WAS SEND FROM ABOVE YOU DO NOT BELIEVE HIS WORDS ,SO HOW CAN YOU DISCERN ANYTHING BESIDE OF WHAT ALL WHO READ THE SCRIPTURES CAN UNDERSTAND NO MORE ,YOU ARE STILL ON MILK HAVE NEVER GROWN BE ON SOFT FOOD ,BABY FOOD
    MEAD IS FOR MATURE BELIEVERS

Hi T,
    Shouting and accusing does not reflect well on you.

Perhaps it reflects on you, Nick.  If you are constantly getting people enraged by your nonsense posts, then perhaps you should try a different approach?  Perhaps something other than condescending arrogance?

Hi MB,
    Nonsense?
    To the unspiritual truth is foolishness.
    1Cor 2.14

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2012,14:33)
    Hi MB,
    No.
    But I do not waste many words on those fixated on the flesh man Jesus the Nazarene.

Be like John and know the meaning of the WORD

Nick,

Do you see the last sentence in your post?  Okay, what if I answered a scriptural point you made with that same sentence?

Nick, you need to be like John and know the meaning of the WORD – that it refers to the pre-existent Jesus in 1:1.

Now, would you consider that I've made a valid, SCRIPTUAL point by posting that sentence?  To me, it seems as if YOU do the very thing you scold jammin for doing.  Because like you, he posts his understanding and just keeps repeating it – as if saying it over and over will make it come true.

It's like you posting, Mike, the Word was God over and over.  You won't actually discuss the scholars that all say “the Word was a god” is a completely faithful translation of 1:1, or how that translation actually makes much more sense than one that implies our One God was WITH Himself.  Nope.  Instead, you just keep posting, Mike, the Word was God over and over as if you are proving your point.   ???

So don't say, I do not waste many words on those fixated on the flesh man Jesus the Nazarene when you really mean, I don't have any scriptural rebuttals of your understanding to offer.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Jesus the Nazarene was not preexistant.
    He was a clean human vessel for God to use.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick, you need to be like John and know the meaning of the WORD.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You hear Jesus Christ speak and still apply all his words to his flesh yet he told us his words were from his Father.

Why do you do this?

When will you get ears that hear??

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick, you need to be like John and know the meaning of the WORD.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Jn7
    16 So Jesus answered them and said, “My teaching is not Mine, but His who sent Me. 17 If anyone is willing to do His will, he will know of the teaching, whether it is of God or whether I speak from Myself. 18 He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who is seeking the glory of the One who sent Him, He is true, and there is no unrighteousness in Him

Are you willing to do the will of God?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,581 through 5,600 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account