JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

• This topic has 25,660 replies, 115 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Jodi.
Viewing 20 posts - 5,561 through 5,580 (of 25,666 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 31 2012,00:25)

Quote (mikeboll @ 64)
    The king of Abyssinia of old had a spokesman who went by the TITLE “The Word of the King”.  Now, would you seriously confuse this PERSON with an actual word the king spoke or wrote?

I do not confuse that person with Jesus.  Jesus is much more than a spokesman for God.

I didn't ask if you confused “Kal Hatze” (the Abyssinian Word of the King) with Jesus.

I asked if you would confuse the PERSON who was the King's spokesman with other uses of the word “word”.

For example:
    1.  The word of the King, which was sent out to the laundry staff:  “Stop putting so much starch in my shirts!”

2.  The Word of the King, after a hard day's work, played poker with his buddies.

Do you think that “word” in the first sentence means the same thing as “word” in the second?  Or are you capable of understanding that “word” in the first sentence describes the actual written or spoken words of the king, while “word” in the second sentence describes the activities of the Spokesman of the King?

If you ARE able to understand the different uses of “word” in these two sentences (which I know you are), then there is no reason you can't understand when, in scripture, the word of God refers to written, spoken or sent messages from God, and when that phrase refers to God's main Spokesman, Jesus.

We can easily see through your pretense, Kerwin.  We know you understand the different meanings of “word of God” in the scriptures – and we know you must pretend that you don't in order to keep this charade going and going and going.

You know that “Word of God” refers to Jesus in Rev 19:13.  So, if you don't believe it refers to Jesus in John 1:1 and 1:14, then just say that.  But don't pretend that those scriptures CAN'T refer to Jesus when you know full well that they can – especially considering the same phrase DOES refer to Jesus in Rev 19.  And especially considering that this particular “Word of God” in John 1 became flesh, dwelled among us, and had the glory of God's only begotten Son.

To be blunt, you might not WANT to believe it, because it messes up your doctrine, but you'd have to be a fool to pretend that you can't understand how it makes perfect sense to us.

You'd be more honest to say, “I totally understand how you guys can see it that way.  But because of my own doctrine, and my own personal wishes for Jesus to have been exactly like the rest of us, I won't allow myself to even consider that possibility.”

That is much closer to the truth of the matter, and you know it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Jesus of Nazareth could not be the Word.
    Jesus Christ is.

We men can share that anointing

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2012,14:16)
    Hi MB,
    Jesus Christ is.

N

How can we share in things we do not believe in ???

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 31 2012,13:53)

Quote (kerwin @ April 01 2012,00:27)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 31 2012,08:15)
    K

You asked my opinion and I gave it; that being that John was emphasizing the role of the Word in the mystery of the gospel.

there is no mystery in the gospel ,this is your invention

Pierre,

Ephesians 6:19
    King James Version (KJV)

19And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Romans 16:25
    King James Version (KJV)

25Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

K

Ro 16:23 Gaius, whose hospitality I and the whole church here enjoy, sends you his greetings.
    Erastus, who is the city’s director of public works, and our brother Quartus send you their greetings.
    Ro 16:25 Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past,
    Ro 16:26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him—
    Ro 16:27 to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

I do not see mystery ,Paul only says that what God ad hidden as now been reveal ,and that is the gospel.

Eph 6:14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
    Eph 6:15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
    Eph 6:16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
    Eph 6:17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
    Eph 6:18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
    Eph 6:19 Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,
    Eph 6:20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

Paul does not say THE MYSTERIES IN THE GOSPEL ,but to preach the mystery of the gospel do you see the difference ????

Pierre,

I wrote “mystery of the gospel”

I spoke of the role of the Word of God in that mystery.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 01 2012,14:33)

K

You asked my opinion and I gave it; that being that John was emphasizing the role of the Word in the mystery of the gospel.

Pierre,

King James Version (KJV)

19And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

King James Version (KJV)

25Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

K

Ro 16:23 Gaius, whose hospitality I and the whole church here enjoy, sends you his greetings.
    Erastus, who is the city’s director of public works, and our brother Quartus send you their greetings.
    Ro 16:25 Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past,
    Ro 16:26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him—

I do not see mystery ,Paul only says that what God ad hidden as now been reveal ,and that is the gospel.

Eph 6:14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
    Eph 6:15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
    Eph 6:16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
    Eph 6:17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
    Eph 6:18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
    Eph 6:19 Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,
    Eph 6:20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

Paul does not say THE MYSTERIES IN THE GOSPEL ,but to preach the mystery of the gospel do you see the difference ????

Pierre,

Kerwin

could you explain ,were you going from here ????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    You cannot.
    But unless you have the Spirit of Christ you are none of his.[Rom8]

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2012,15:16)
    Hi T,
    You cannot.

N

I believe in the words of the anointed one the son of God and the WORD OF GOD ,

YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE ONE THAT WAS SEND FROM ABOVE YOU DO NOT BELIEVE HIS WORDS ,SO HOW CAN YOU DISCERN ANYTHING BESIDE OF WHAT ALL WHO READ THE SCRIPTURES CAN UNDERSTAND NO MORE ,YOU ARE STILL ON MILK HAVE NEVER GROWN BE ON SOFT FOOD ,BABY FOOD
    MEAD IS FOR MATURE BELIEVERS

kerwin
    Participant

Mike,

I understand that words can mean many things and that Satan uses both the ignorance and corruption of mankind to ensnare him to lies.  As I stated your understanding is an attempt to escape the untruths that crept into the church long ago; an attempt that falls short of the goal.  

It is clear that in the new covenant, unlike the Law of Mosses, there is a way to have Yahweh put his Word in your inward parts, and write it in your heart; just as testified by the prophet Jeremiah, Jeremiah 31:31-34.  Jesus is the first to have the Word put into his inward parts and written on his heart.  God did this by putting his Spirit on him; just as it is written:

Isaiah 42:1
    King James Version (KJV)

1Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

That is why he is the Prototype of God’s Word in humans.   He is also the Archetype of Yahweh’s Word in humans since God appointed him mediator of the new covenant just as it is written:

Hebrews 12:24
    King James Version (KJV)

24And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

To be both the Archetype and Prototype of God’s Word in humans it is necessary for him to be human; which is why it is written:

Hebrews 2
    King James Version (KJV)

16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
    17Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

That is why Jesus is a human being whose name is called the Word of God.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 01 2012,02:50)

K

Pierre,

King James Version (KJV)

King James Version (KJV)

K

Pierre,

Kerwin

Pierre,

It is important that God will put his Word into your inward parts and writes it on your heart. This is a new thing that was not done before it was done with Jesus. Jesus serves as the prototype of those that enter the new covenant and as mediator he also is the archetype. To be both the archetype and prototype of these new humans it is necessary for him to be human.

For details read my April 01 2012,05:04 post to Mike.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 01 2012,17:15)

Quote (terraricca @ April 01 2012,02:50)

K

Pierre,

King James Version (KJV)

King James Version (KJV)

K

Pierre,

Kerwin

Pierre,

It is important that God will put his Word into your inward parts and writes it on your heart.  This is a new thing that was not done before it was done with Jesus.  Jesus serves as the prototype of those that enter the new covenant and as mediator he also is the archetype.  To be both the archetype and prototype of these new humans it is necessary for him to be human.

For details read my April 01 2012,05:04 post to Mike.

kERWIN

you say that it is God that put his will in our hearts ???right ??

so that we have to do nothing right ??

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

Pierre,

It is important that God will put his Word into your inward parts and writes it on your heart. This is a new thing that was not done before it was done with Jesus. Jesus serves as the prototype of those that enter the new covenant and as mediator he also is the archetype. To be both the archetype and prototype of these new humans it is necessary for him to be human.

is this in reference to those scriptures
    ???
    2CO 1:22 who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge.
    2CO 3:2 You are our letter, written in our hearts, known and read by all men;
    2CO 4:6 For God, who said, “ Light shall shine out of darkness,” is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 01 2012,00:25)
    Mike,

You claim “pretend to assume that every mention of “word” in the scriptures has the same meaning.”

I believe the Word of God is the Word of God even when it is Jesus’ title.

That kind of “word” is not to be confused with God's main spokesperson, who has been given the TITLE “The Word of God”, because he speaks the words (a different meaning than in the title) of God to others.

He also bears the titles Faithful, True, and King of Kings among others.

The king of Abyssinia of old had a spokesman who went by the TITLE “The Word of the King”.  Now, would you seriously confuse this PERSON with an actual word the king spoke or wrote?

I do not confuse that person with Jesus.  Jesus is much more than a spokesman for God.

If not, then why do you PRETEND to confuse the PERSON Jesus, who is called by the title “The Word of God”, with other spoken or written words of God?

The prophets were each spokesmen of God.  Jesus is much greater than they are.

You state that I pretend and yet you fail to consider your viewpoint is colored by Trinitarian heresy.  It is an attempt to break free from that demonic lie; but you are yet ensnared by Satan.  

We are taught that God put his Word in Balaam’s mouth, Numbers 23:5 ; how much more did he put it in the mind of Jesus Anointed and write it on his heart as the Prototype and Archetype of his children to come.

Kerwin

We are taught that God put his Word in Balaam’s mouth, Numbers 23:5 ; how much more did he put it in the mind of Jesus Anointed and write it on his heart as the Prototype and Archetype of his children to come.

Nu 23:5 The LORD put a message in Balaam’s mouth and said, “Go back to Balak and give him this message.”INV

Nu 23:4 Then God met Balaam; and Balaam said to him, “I have arranged the seven altars, and have offered a bull and a ram on each altar.” 5 The LORD put a word in Balaam's mouth, and said, “Return to Balak, and this is what you must say.” 6 So he returned to Balak, who was standing beside his burnt offerings with all the officials of Moab. 7 Then Balaam uttered his oracle, saying:

Nu 23:5 And Jehovah put a word in Balaam's mouth, and said, Return unto Balak, and thus thou shalt speak.

some translation put the words “a word ” is this mean that God spook to balaam only ONE WORD ?????? because that is what I understand and yet he give Balaam an entire story to tell Balak SO IT IS MORE LIKE WORDS rather than word,

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 01 2012,06:02)
    Kerwin

Pierre,

It is important that God will put his Word into your inward parts and writes it on your heart.  This is a new thing that was not done before it was done with Jesus.  Jesus serves as the prototype of those that enter the new covenant and as mediator he also is the archetype.  To be both the archetype and prototype of these new humans it is necessary for him to be human.

???
    2CO 4:6 For God, who said, “ Light shall shine out of darkness,” is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

Pierre,

Yes, that passage teaches us the same message.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 01 2012,19:28)

Kerwin

Pierre,

???

Pierre,

kerwin

no ,it does not teach the same message read it slowly

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 01 2012,09:33)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2012,15:16)
    Hi T,
    You cannot.

N

I believe in the words of the anointed one the son of God and the WORD OF GOD ,

YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE ONE THAT WAS SEND FROM ABOVE YOU DO NOT BELIEVE HIS WORDS ,SO HOW CAN YOU DISCERN ANYTHING BESIDE OF WHAT ALL WHO READ THE SCRIPTURES CAN UNDERSTAND NO MORE ,YOU ARE STILL ON MILK HAVE NEVER GROWN BE ON SOFT FOOD ,BABY FOOD
    MEAD IS FOR MATURE BELIEVERS

Hi T,
    Shouting and accusing does not reflect well on you.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 01 2012,07:33)

Kerwin

Pierre,

???

Pierre,

kerwin

Pierre,

You are correct that I read it too quickly.  Never the less there is a connection as the Spirit writes the Word on the hearts of believers and places in their mind; that writing and placing then bears fruit; that fruit is credentials of that which is taught by the teacher.  In this case Paul is the teacher.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 01 2012,07:17)

Hi MB,
    Jesus Christ is.

N

Hi Pierre,

“Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” (Romans 8:9)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 02 2012,00:29)

Kerwin

Pierre,

???

Pierre,

kerwin

Pierre,

You are correct that I read it too quickly.  Never the less there is a connection as the Spirit writes the Word on the hearts of believers and places in their mind; that writing and placing then bears fruit; that fruit is credentials of that which is taught by the teacher.  In this case Paul is the teacher.

:D :D

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 02 2012,00:31)

Quote (terraricca @ April 01 2012,07:17)

Hi MB,
    Jesus Christ is.

N

Hi Pierre,

“Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” (Romans 8:9)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

:D :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 01 2012,17:29)

Kerwin

Pierre,

???

Pierre,

kerwin

Pierre,

Hi KW,
    Fruit is of the ACTIONS of the Spirit working in human vessels.
    The flesh profiteth nothing.

Viewing 20 posts - 5,561 through 5,580 (of 25,666 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account