JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 24,881 through 24,900 (of 25,893 total)
  • Author
    Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

Your bitter and sarcastic complaints reveal your weak foundation of doubt.

Jealous of faith you only want to pull down others to your sad level.

Not interested dude.

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

Having become frustrated with your attacks on faith and despairing in your doubts you have cast aside your mask and now reveal your real target is Christianity itself.

You attack God and His Spirit.

sad.

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT

You know about God apparently and claim some sort of relationship with Him but your god is yourself and your Bible is only your understandings.

With no foundation you are adrift in the troubled seas having no anchor to rely on.

Dig deeper and put your foundation on rock. That rock is my teachings says the Lord Jesus.

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

I serve the Lord God of Israel safe in His Son Jesus Christ.

What about you???

carmel
    Participant

Hi Desiretruth,

In reference to post #944977, one word is all you need and that is “zera”; I have been over this word before and is a reference to descendants, one who is procreated, something produced after it’s own kind. This is the term used in the OT to reference who the Messiah will be, the seed of David.

In other words in the lineage of David.

Me: I’m afraid I have to repeat what I said again with the hope that

YOU STOP LOOKING AT THINGS ONLY FROM  THEIR CARNAL PERSPECTIVE!

BUT BEFORE I DO THAT READ THS SCRIPTURE PLEASE:

Luke8:18 Take heed therefore how you hear. For whosoever has,

to him shall be given:

and whosoever hath not,

that also which he thinks he has, shall be taken away from him.

I repeat the above scripture for you again:

Take heed therefore how you hear.

For whosoever has,

to him shall be given:

THUS IF YOU ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN

WHAT YOU HAVE

YOUR CARNAL-MINDED UNDERSTANDING,

THAT’S WHAT YOU GET EVEN MORE!

TO THE NEXT PART NOW:

and whosoever hath not,

that also which he thinks he has,

shall be taken away from him.

THUS IF YOU REMAIN STAGNATED IN YOUR CARNAL-MINDED UNDERSTANDING, SPIRITUALLY BLIND LIKE THE JEWS OF THE OT. AND AT THE SAME TIME  YOU THINK  THAT  WHILE YOU ARE READING SCRIPTURE, WHICH IS THE SPIRITUAL WORD OF GOD WHO IS SPIRIT,

YOU RECEIVE THE TRUTH, 

THAT’S WHAT SHALL BE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU:

THE TRUTH! 

Now back to my Post:

You: f Jesus is conceived of the Holy Spirit, then he is not of the “seed” of David, and therefore is automatically disqualified as being the Messiah. Now what?

Me:  With every respect, your username should be 

BLINDTRUTH!

NOW READ PLEASE:

John 1:3 All things were made by him:

and without him was made nothing that was made. 

NOT EVEN “ZERA”

What does the above scripture tell you clearly?

IT IS PRECISELY THE FACT THAT JESUS IS CONCEIVED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT, THAT CONFIRMS HIM

THE SEED OF DAVID!

What is THE SEED OF DAVID?

CHEW PLEASE AND DISCERN THE TRUTH!

MAYBE!

NOW I ASK YOU

WHO IS DAVID?

Psalm 18:4 The sorrows of death surrounded me: and the torrents of iniquity troubled me.

5The sorrows of hell encompassed me: and the snares of death prevented me.

6In my affliction I called upon the Lord, and I cried to my God: And he heard my voice from his holy temple: and my cry before him came into his ears.

7The earth shook and trembled: the foundations of the mountains were troubled and were moved, because he was angry with them.

8There went up a smoke in his wrath: and a fire flamed from his face: coals were kindled by it.

9He bowed the heavens, and came down: and darkness was under his feet.

10And he ascended upon the cherubim, and he flew; he flew upon the wings of the winds.

11And he made darkness his covert, his pavilion round about him: dark waters in the clouds of the air.

12At the brightness that was before him the clouds passed, hail and coals of fire.

13And the Lord thundered from heaven, and the highest gave his voice: hail and coals of fire.

14And he sent forth his arrows, and he scattered them: he multiplied lightnings, and troubled them.

15Then the fountains of waters appeared, and the foundations of the world were discovered: At thy rebuke, O Lord, at the blast of the spirit of thy wrath.

16He sent from on high, and took me: and received me out of many waters.

17He delivered me from my strongest enemies, and from them that hated me: for they were too strong for me.

18They prevented me in the day of my affliction: and the Lord became my protector.

19And he brought me forth into a large place: he saved me, because he was well pleased with me.

49Therefore will I give glory to thee, O Lord, among the nations, and I will sing a psalm to thy name.50  Giving great deliverance to his king, and shewing mercy to David his anointed : and to his seed for ever.

Peace and love n Jesus Christ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Desire Truth you said…….> First verse, Jesus explicitly stated to those he was speaking to, would never finish going through the towns of Israel before he returned. What are we to make of Jesus’ statement and why no response to this verse?

Your answer…….> Jesus was absolute right,  “the lost sheep, of the house of Israel” who the Disciple’s , were set to,   had been spread  all over this world and had established thousands of cities, that even then  existed  in this world, and some of them had never hear the “true” , Gospel , even unto this day very day some haven’t.
    Your problem is you are thinking that the “Jews” represented the cities of Israel, when in fact the Jew’s represented  only 1/13 th, of the tribes of Israel , even in the day , the Jew’s like to claim they represent all of Israel, but in truth they are Just a fraction of the tribes of Israel, Even this to this very day.  But you would have to know the history of the “the lost sheep of the house of Israel” , to understand that,
    which you don’t .

Why are you continually trying  to find fault with the words of Jesus? What Spirit has taken over your mind, the book of Hebrews totally destroys your thinking, so now you believe we should remove it completely from our bible text.  How bold, you have strayed  from the truth and to try to make our scriptures conform to your way of thinking is the result.  Your new mindset has made you and enemy of our lord Jesus and his words. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours……..gene

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

So you claim God is your Father.

And by reading the OT you found that you can be like the Ninevites and restore your own relationship with Him.

So you do not claim that your relationship with Him is through Abraham or Moses but just Adam.

You despise Jesus Christ and his brothers and reject the teachings they gave us. No intermediary needed in your relationship with God you say.

It sounds like a unique and lonely path.

But Wolves normally work in packs.

The Prodigal son comes to mind.

Nick
    Participant

Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, descendant of David, according to my gospel, for which I suffer hardship even to imprisonment as a criminal, but the word of God is not imprisoned.2 Tim 2.8

Paul walking in the Spirit of Christ

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Nick,

How was Jesus a descendant of David when Jesus’ daddy was the spirit? Same question I asked Carmel and received some spiritualized nonsense for a response. When the OT explicitly states the Messiah was to be of the seed (zera) of David; what say you?

As one continues reading this Timothy passage, Paul states Jesus is risen from the dead and a descendant of David and it’s according to his (Paul’s) gospel. Paul has a gospel too?!?? This is where you determine Jesus was a descendant of David. How about go to the source (that would be the OT by the way) and learn what God said about the Messiah.

This is getting sadder every day; and I’m the one who’s been “deceived”!! Take your Jesus googles off and start reading what is written.

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

You need assurance that God is not lying and the Son and those in him are also truthful witnesses?

I believe and I believe in the Spirit Who wrote the scriptures through men. I expect to understand how it all fits together when the Son returns and gathers up his sheep.

Trust in God is a huge stumbling block for you poor fellow and you still have to filter it through your own understanding first.

God is bigger than you.

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

There is hope because Paul was on a much feared murderous mission against the Body of Christ, convinced in his pharisaical zeal that he was serving God, when he was toppled from his high place becoming blind, then healed and anointed with wisdom and power. He became an amazing servant of God so why should we give up on you.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Nick,

And you still can’t answer a question; your inability to answer what I have asked makes your silence deafening.

All I have done is read words on a page and when the words don’t align, it creates questions. For you, it’s okay and you blindly accept them without question because someone told you it was “the spirit who wrote the scriptures through men” and therefore infallible. Except, when a lie is told long enough it becomes truth. The trinity had its start in 325AD and has been accepted as truth for centuries and is the central belief for many christians today, why do you reject it?

Is my trust to be in Jesus or God?

Like I said before, good luck.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Gene,

The verse posted again for reference:

Matt 10:23 “Whenever they persecute you in one place, flee to another. I tell you the truth, you will not finish going through all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.”

You mention the House of Israel but not the House of Judah; this is the northern and southern kingdoms respectively. Yes, when the Northern Kingdom was sent into exile, the Assyrian Empire scattered them all over their empire. Eventually the same thing happened to the Southern Kingdom. However, Jesus specifically says the “towns of Israel”; this is actually interesting that Jesus would say Israel as the area was known as Judea and was a vassal state of the Roman Empire and wouldn’t have been know as Israel; a moot point, but a cool history lesson…I digress.

Onto what you said about the House of Israel (and House of Judah) being scattered and being what Jesus was telling the disciples where they were to go. This understanding doesn’t work because wherever the Jewish people had been scattered wouldn’t have been an Israelite town, because it wouldn’t have been in the land God promised them. So they would have been “occupying” in a foreign land and have been a foreigner.

Back to what Jesus said about going through the towns of Israel, I think it makes more sense that Jesus was referring to the towns within the region of Judea, the area any Jew would have believed was the land that belonged to them even though they where under Roman rule. This thought is confirmed, although contradictory with his Matthew statement, in Acts 1:8 when he says “you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the farthest parts of the earth.” Which now brings us back to the real point of all this, the disciples would “not finish going through all the towns of Israel before the son of man comes.” The words Jesus spoke are plain and the question is did Jesus return before they were able to finish “spreading the good news”? The answer is no, which begs the question of why the writer put in; when clearly Jesus was saying the disciples where to go into all the world as stated in Matt 28:19 and Acts 1:8.

Do you not see why I question the validity of what is written in the NT? We are taught there are no contradictions in the NT…really?!?! I’ll finish later with the rest of your post as this is getting long and late.

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

You need to listen to God and obey Him and  be reborn into His Son, Jesus Christ,  of water and the Spirit, to begin your new and useful life. Then everything else you need will be given to you.

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

Thinkers, like yourself, have got to commit intellectual suicide, and simply accept what God teaches without analysis and criticism because it is the simple and childlike ones who find the truth by obedience.

“ Thank you Father, for revealing to mere children what you have withheld from the wise and clever of this world.”

It will not be easy.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Nick,

You: “Thinkers, like yourself, have got to commit intellectual suicide”

Me: So I am suppose to give up my skills of reasoning when it comes to understanding what is said in the NT, this characteristic that God implanted in me – which God also has because I am created in HIS image – and blindly follow the words of man?

You hit it last night when you said you believe the NT is spirit breathed through man and that is the major difference between the OT and NT. There is not one statement anywhere in the NT where the “spirit says” speaking directly through a man; in the OT God speaks directly through a man over 400 times. In the NT we must believe through faith it was God speaking; in the OT there is no doubt HE is speaking.

You: “He (Paul) became an amazing servant of God so why should we give up on you.”

Me: I find this to be a little disingenuous, considering most every response you have given me has been in the negative. In none of your responses have you corrected my thinking/explained why my thinking may be wrong. Unless you are willing to have a conversation concerning these recent questions I have, please just ignore them and move on.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Desire Truth……AT the time of Jesus , both The kingdom of Israel and the kingdom of Judah no longer existed.  The Ancient Assyrians took captive the kingdom of Israel all ten tribes of them, and moved them out of their lands into the north country to what is now days call Germany, to a place called “Saxony” where they spread from there to all over Europe and England , they were called the names of Anglo Saxons, Celt’s, Norman, the Danes and others, They settled most all of England , Denmark, Norwegian, Spain, France, and later From England to America, Canada, Australia and other parts of the earth.  The Jew later followed where they went after they were kicked out of their lands by the Romans,  that is why they wound up in Germany. But as God said to them He would send a sword after ten wherever they went, and that is even true to this very day, the only found some peace in the other Israelite nations as it is this day, even now if it weren’t for the UNITED STATES, a Israelite Nation, they would have been exterminated by now.  The Jews today , Claim the name of Israel, but in fact they are but a “fraction” of present day Israel.   There are more Jews living in the United States then in Israel, and even most of them that claim to be Jew’s aren’t, remember the Kingdom of Judah consisted of three tribes, the tribe of Binjiman,  the tribe of Levi, and the tribe of Judah,  so even in the kingdom of Judah the Jew’s only represented a third of the people.

peace and love to you and yours Desire Truth………gene

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

Yes.<span style=”text-align: right;”> Only God can show you that you need to be transformed by the renewal of your mind. Your reliance on your reasoning is the foundation of your belief system and arguments are futile .</span>

”For the Word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written,

” I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and the cleverness of the clever I will set aside”

Where is the wise man?Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age?Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?For since in the Wisdom of God the world through wisdom did not come to know God, God was well pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe”

1 Cor 1.18f

Paul offers no excuses to clever people because He sent His Son to save sinners, the lost sheep of Israel, the ignorant and desperate. All must be reborn into the death of Yahshua, carrying in their bodies the dying of His Son.

Do you KNOW God .?

Does He know you?

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

Have you yet figured out that winning arguments is not a priority?

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

“My power shows up best in weak people”

Viewing 20 posts - 24,881 through 24,900 (of 25,893 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account