JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 23,781 through 23,800 (of 25,893 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

@berean

In the BIGINNING, the Son who was with God and who was God, of the same nature as the Father, therefore has a nature that is beginningless, but had a beginning when he was begotten of the Father in the days of eternity.
    Therefore a divine nature, eternal essence, without beginning inherited from the Father but a person, personality which had a beginning during the begetting by the Father.
    And so, of course, the Son, in the days of eternity, not being a creature, is the only and first to be with God.

This is pretty much my view too. Although, capitalizing God is how we deal with the definite article in Greek (The Theos = God). But John 1:1c doesn’t have a definite article when talking of the Logos. This is why some translations say ‘The Word was divine”. That is, ‘god’ as in The God’s nature, just like ‘man’ as in the nature of Adam (The Man).

To summarize, Eve was adam, but not Adam. This is not a contradiction. It is correct.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Proclaimer. …..Wrong, I certainly do know people and things are called by their “ATRIBUTES”   A airplane is call a bird,  because it flies like a bird, but is it an actual bird? Of course not,  there in lies the problem,  being call something because of a similar a tribute does not make you that thing,  I fully understand that, and that applies to Jesus being called the word of God.

Jesus carries the ATRIBUTE  of the word of God,  not because he “is”,  the word of God, but because he “QUOTES” God the Father’s words to us. that does not make him actually GOD the Father’s word “HIMSELF”.   

I COMPLETELY , GET THAT PROCLAIMER.

Peace and love to you and yours Proclaimer. ………gene

DesireTruth
    Participant

@ Proclaimer,
    reply to #942714

I am not rejecting the aforementioned scriptures, I’m questioning our understanding of them. Do we understand them in the context and perspective of which they have been written or are we understanding them with our modernistic minds of what other people have told us these scriptures mean?

You reject the trinity doctrine; yet, hold onto the “preexistence” of Christ, why? You site all the verses that “support” this claim, have you ever looked into these verses from a Jewish perspective? Doesn’t a preexistent Christ in heaven with God create a “multi-God” scenario (you will say no); but, we have two divine beings. One is the “father” and the other the “son”; but wait, the “son” is equal to the “father” and is actually the “father”. This becomes extremely confusing and requires mental gymnastics, twisting of scripture to explain, and a lot of faith to understand.

The new testament wasn’t around in the first century…man canonized it some 300 years later. They compiled a bunch of letters into a book and called it the “new covenant” (originally there were only 22 “books” and some time later another 5 were added). Here’s the catch to this “new covenant” – our unchanging God, just changed. The reality is, God’s promise to Abram hasn’t changed, this “covenant” from the old testament is still active today. This covenant is to follow what God commanded and by doing so you enter into His family and become a son of God. Rev 22:14 makes this clear, do God’s commandments and you will have access to the Tree of Life and enter His city.

Brief history, any foreigner who lived in Israel was to follow the laws given to Moses and by doing so were to be treated as though they were fellow Israelite’s. Going back to when Moses lead the Jews out of captivity, there were many who were not Jews that came with and all who went with, came under God’s protection. God treated them the same, as long as they followed what he said.

I am NOT saying we are under the old testament law as the written ordinances were nailed to the cross; but what wasn’t nailed to it? God’s laws, His words, His commandments. Christ in Matt 19:17 says “…if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments”. Whose commandments? God’s. By following God’s commandments you have salvation, you are delivered, you have life. Christ is the perfect example of how we are to follow God’s commands. Christ is our mediator and he is how we are able to come before God today. This “concept” of having a “mediator” is no different than in the old testament; they had Moses, Joshua, Judges, Kings, prophets, etc.

DesireTruth
    Participant

As I am playing catch up and reading through the earlier comments, PLEASE read from the beginning of Proverbs 8 and continuing into chapter 9. Solomon is speaking of wisdom and wisdom alone. Wisdom is referred to as a “she”…think about it. Wisdom is what Solomon prayed for and God blessed him with it and everything earthly that comes with it. Without God’s wisdom, you understand nothing. Wisdom is explained to be of more value than any amount of earthly treasure. Wisdom is a characteristic of God, thus has been with Him before time began.

Why are we making this more complicated than it needs to be!??!

Proclaimer
    Participant

Agreed that wisdom is an attribute of God just as light, truth, and love are too.

However, I think that God creates life and endows them with attributes or different measures and mixes of it, which makes us unique. We know that truth is of God, but Jesus said that he was The Truth. We know that life comes from God, but Jesus said he was The Life. He was the embodiment of these godly attributes. even from a nature perspective, we know that God is spirit, but so are angels. It is no surprise to me that all beings made in the image of God will share or partake in his attributes and nature.

My second point which I wish to reinforce is that the New Testament is a further / fuller revelation. The Old speaks of things as a mystery, but the New puts a face to these mysteries.

Finally, speaking about wisdom, it is said that it was the craftsman at his side and we know that Jesus is at his right hand side in the glory that he had with the Father before the cosmos. We also know that the Logos was there too and became flesh and now is in a body that we will eventually inherit too. So yes, there are attributes like the word of God and there are persons like The Word of God.

1 Corinthians 1:24 (English-NIV)
    but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

1 Corinthians 1:30 (English-NIV)
    It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God–that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

1 Corinthians 2:6-9
    6 We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
    7 No, we speak of God’s secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began.
    8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
    9 However, as it is written:
    “No eye has seen,
    no ear has heard,
    no mind has conceived
    what God has prepared for those who love him”

Ephesians 3:8-10
    8 Although I am less than the least of all God’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,
    9 and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things.
    10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms,

The line between an attribute and person is a fine one when reading scripture. Jesus (a person) said he was the Truth which is an attribute. I think God delights in expressing his attributes through the living. He is the God of the living, not the dead. An attribute is not a living thing, but they are seen through the living and the works of the living.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I am not rejecting the aforementioned scriptures, I’m questioning our understanding of them. Do we understand them in the context and perspective of which they have been written or are we understanding them with our modernistic minds of what other people have told us these scriptures mean?

Sure and I already know that. But I believe some are rejecting them because they basically teach this subject this way. Seriously, these are some of the rebuttals I have seen here. (Not quoted as almost impossible to find them, just terse summaries.)

Person 1)
    “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

Person 2) Jesus, didn’t mean that he was the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star. What he meant was he was the offspring and the offspring.

Person 1)
    The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

Person 2)
    It means he is the firstborn from the dead and firstborn in the new creation. He is not before all things.

Person 1)
    And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God.

Person 2)
    The beginning of the NEW creation of God.

Person 1)
    And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Person 2)
    The glory that was in God’s mind because he (The Son) didn’t exist yet.

Person 1)
    No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven, the Son of Man.

Person 2)
    He didn’t come from heaven.

Seriously, the summary of their arguments is just to insert words that are not there. I could do the same and create any argument from the bible if I had such a license. For example, I could teach that Jesus is NOT the Son of God by taking the Son of God passages and adding in the world ‘Not’. Yes, this is the opposition’s methodology as I see it. Whether they are correct or not, they simply deny the plain reading of many scriptures and their commentaries end up with the exact opposite meaning. I have a problem with that.

In conclusion, if you think something is true, you need to provide evidence. So far, the evidence being used is not evidence because some are just adding to the word or taking away from the word. And here is the kicker. If I take a scripture and reword it ever so slightly to make it look like I wrote it myself, I am opposed. Worse than that, I have even posted only scripture in some posts and was opposed. That shows clearly what they are opposing.

Proclaimer
    Participant

You reject the trinity doctrine; yet, hold onto the “preexistence” of Christ, why?

They are not mutually exclusive. This comes from Greek thinking where everything was either created or is the creator. But scripture teaches us that there is this thing called ‘begotten’ which by scriptural definition is neither.

In fact, one of the reasons why the Trinity Doctrine is believed by so many is because early teachers tried to understand how Jesus could be the literal firstborn of all creation and not be created. But we are told that creation is defined as being made by God through the Word. But the Son came from God himself and directly. This also differentiates the Son from the sons. He is called the only begotten Son for a reason. If you were stranded on a deserted island with a bible and read the whole New Testament, you would believe that Jesus was the Son of God, that he was the first to be with God even before the cosmos, that there was only one true God, and that his God is our God namely the Father.

It is within the realm of possibility that the god of this age has set one group against the other. That Jesus is God, or that he was strictly a man created 2000 or so years ago. But scripture supports neither as the full picture. Such is how deception works. Politicians use it all the time. Here is an example of this method.

A president wants his populace to have a national ID number from birth. How does he get people to accept it? Simple, he gives them two choices.

1. Every citizen will be issued with an ID card and must hold it at all times.
    2. Every citizen will be given a number without a card. It will be used in the census and other things.

People will choose the second. But if you only offered the second choice, then they would say no.

So by pitting two groups one being Jesus is God vs Jesus being created 2000 years ago, there is no option here to say no, and hence why you are puzzled about my belief and asked the question to begin with.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Wrong, I certainly do know people and things are called by their “ATRIBUTES”   A airplane is call a bird,  because it flies like a bird, but is it an actual bird? Of course not,  there in lies the problem,  being call something because of a similar a tribute does not make you that thing,  I fully understand that, and that applies to Jesus being called the word of God

Not wrong. You could be called Lucifer if you were a shining one. A plane is not known as a bird, but can be like a bird. But not a bird. If you call it a bird  it would just be a slang term. If you looked bird up in the dictionary  it probably won’t say plane. Unless there was a plane called bird like Jesus name is The Word of God.

Proclaimer
    Participant

It’s funny because you believe the son of Mary is Jesus because that is his name, but you ignore him as The Word of God. You seem to only accept the things of the flesh.

DesireTruth
    Participant

To everyone,

Do we know the origins of the word “logos”? It was coined by the Greek philosopher Heraclitus around 600-500BC. He invented the word to “explain the divine reason or plan which coordinates a changing universe.” “Logos” isn’t an everyday word used to say “word” in the Greek, “lexi” is. Yet for the last 20 years people here have been arguing who/what the word is. With this understanding, it’s not Jesus!

It is way past time for people to throw off their religion and start understanding what scripture really says. Religion is preventing the Spirit of God from working in people’s lives today. We must remember, the path is narrow; the wide path is to destruction and when over a billion people identify as “christian”, a narrow path cannot support that amount of people but a highway can…time is short, and only getting shorter!

Proclaimer
    Participant

‘Logos’ can be translated as ‘word’, ‘speech’, or ‘reason’. In Greek philosophy, logos was used to refer to the principle of reason and order that governs the universe, and was considered to be the divine force that created and organized the cosmos.

In John 1:1 we read about the divine Word of God, which was made flesh in the person of Jesus Christ. In this context, logos represents the idea that God’s creation and communication with him personally is expressed through Jesus Christ who represents and speaks for God. Further, he is the called the Logos because he governs God’s creation.

Regardless of what Logos means, John 1:1 identifies this logos as Jesus when the logos comes in the flesh. We also see the uses the definite article for all mentions of logos in John 1;1, so it it singling out a specific logos rather than just talking about an attribute. Likewise, the definite article is used for all instances of ‘theos’ except one. So we know it is a specific theos, the Most High, except the last instance in John 1:1. That one instance of theos is referring to a qualitative view of God or attribute which is sometimes translated as ‘divine’ and is more talking about nature than specifically identifying God himself.

So THE Logos and THE God are specific and not qualitative. This rules out THE Logos and THE God as being attributes only. After all, we don’t read “IN the beginning God created the heavens and earth” and think that it is talking about divine nature. So why do some do the equivalent with the Logos.

We who speak English can understand the implications of the definite article. If we say ‘The Spirit is invisible’ for example, then we are usually talking about a specific spirit such as the Holy Spirit.  But if I say, spirit is invisible, then it is more qualitative. This is a quality of spirit in general that could apply to all or other spirits like angels.

To wrap up. The Logos became flesh and all creation was made by God through the Logos. Jesus Christ came in the flesh and all things were made through him. Then we learn that Jesus Christ is called / named ‘The Word of God’. Perhaps the implications of this can only be discerned by the spiritually minded and the carnal will always relegate Jesus to the flesh as a man created 2000 or so years ago.

Yet we read this which kind of negates his supposed 2000 years of existence:

to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Proclaimer, and ALL.

You: Jesus Christ is even called The Word of God.

Me: Now this is the vital question that seems well clear throughout this topic, and, humbly speaking except through my posts, no one ever seriously addressed, thus:

Why, and what is the origin that Jesus is not only even called  The Word of God, but since God is eternal,

Jesus eternally is

The Word of God?

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my WORD be, which shall go forth from my mouth: it shall not RETURN to me void, but it shall DO whatsoever I please, and shall PROSPER  in the things for which I sent it.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and effectual, and more piercing than any two edged sword; and reaching unto the division of the soul and the spirit, of the joints also and the marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13Neither is there any creature invisible in his sight: but all things are naked and open to his eyes, to whom our speech is.

1Peter1:23 Being born again not of corruptible seed,

but incorruptible, by the WORD of God WHO  liveth and remaineth forever.

Paradoxically, though, Jesus, in order to manifest and reveal God the Father as

THE PRIMORDIAL LIGHT in the infinite existence, then in pitch darkness, as

“THE WORD”  had a BEGINNING, 

THE BEGINNING OF GOD AS THE PRIMORDIAL LIGHT, in that very first instant it was pronounced:

LET THERE BE LIGHT!

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

DesireTruth
    Participant

@ Proclaimer,

You are almost there, you are right at the edge and all you need to do is step out of the religious box. In vs. 14 “the word became flesh”; flesh is what the “word” became and that flesh is Jesus. However, with our superior modern understanding (never mind what the Jews believed and understood) and through the use of Greek philosophy we’ll interpret the scriptures saying, since Jesus is the flesh, the flesh is the “word”, therefore Jesus is the “word”, since Jesus is the “word”, he must be the “word” of verse 1, therefore Jesus is God. This is called circular reasoning. No one, other than John, ever calls Jesus “the Word”. One must ask, why?

If the concept of Jesus being the “word” is truth and is the original intent and meaning of John, why aren’t any other writers talking about it?!? Why is John the only one to receive this “revelation”? Wouldn’t this be a HUGE revelation to mankind and everyone in the early church spreading this news like wildfire “Jesus is God”? No, they taught Jesus was the Christ, the Messiah, the Son of God and was the way to God. There is something wrong with the current understanding of what John was trying to convey in 1:1.

Heraclitus coined the term “logos” to explain away the divine reason or plan of a changing universe. Are we to ignore the originator of the word and substitute our own understanding? Using his definition and substituting “divine reason” or “plan” in place of “logos” (aka “word”), John 1:1 and the following verses take on a different meaning. In verses 3,4 the early modern translations (pre KJV) all have “it” in place of “him”; so all things where created by “it” and life was in “it”. It was the KJ translation the personified the “logos” by calling it “him”. The old testament says God is the creator all things and life comes from God. I think this understanding of “logos/word” meaning “divine reason” or “plan” scares people to death because it creates a trust issue with the “church system.” How can the “church” lie?

Tell me, when Carmel is explaining his stance of the trinity or preexistence, is it easy to understand or do we feel we have just gone through a complex theological course? God is a “straight shooter” and gave us a “manual” and it’s not a complicated one. If it feels complicated, pray for wisdom and the Spirit will reveal.

Berean
    Participant

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:….

👇
    [13] And he(Jesus) was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 

WARNING,:
    [18] For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, 👉If any man shall add unto these things,👈 God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:👈
    [19]👉 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, 👉God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

🙏

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You: There is an argument over if Paul in Colossians 1 is speaking of 2 creations or just one. I have just shown how Paul is clearly referencing ONE creation. 

Me: I’ll put it this way to you:

Was Paul talking about

A NEW CREATION, SPIRITUAL and ETERNAL? 

THE OLD CREATION, CARNAL AND SPIRITUALLY DEAD? OR

BOTH THE NEW AND THE OLD?

Let’s start with this perspective in mind!

Colossians 1:9 Therefore we also, from the day that we heard it, cease not to pray for you,

Attention now read please: 

and to BEG that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will,

To the next one now:

in all wisdom, and spiritual understanding: 

HA! HA! There’s is something which preoccupies you I’m afraid!

Are you Jodi and Gene,

filled with the KNOWLEDGE  of His will, and in

ALL WISDOM, and SPIRITUAL UNDERSTANDING?

Yes, you are both of you filled alright, but with the knowledge of your will, and all wisdom and understanding of this world, 

SPIRITUALLY DEAD!

Just read what you said:

You: There is an argument as to how Jesus exists as God’s Son

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended into heaven, but he that descended from heaven,

the Son of man who is in heaven. 

The above Jodi is the simplest clearest answer to HOW JESUS EXISTS, by Jesus Himself!

You: and when he became God’s Son.

Luke 2:48 And seeing him, they wondered. And his mother said to him: Son, why hast thou done so to us? behold thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. 49And he said to them: How is it that you sought me?

did you not know, that I must be about my FATHER’S business? 

There you are again Jodi: JESUS A MERE CHILD OF TWELVE,  SIMPLY TOLD YOU AT LEAST BY THIS EVENT, WHEN HE BECAME AWARE THAT GOD WAS HIS FATHER.

That means Jodi that Jesus anticipated His Father at the river Jordan!

ALWAYS ACCORDING TO YOU THOUGH!

DesireTruth
    Participant

@ Berean,

Singing of John 1:1-14 doesn’t change the meaning of what is written.

Rev 1:1 – not sure where you are going with this.

Rev 19:13 – are we understanding this correctly, YOU added Jesus in parentheses to emphasis the “he” is “Jesus”. This verse allusions back to Isaiah 63:2,3 and speaks of God’s day of vengeance. So who is it really being referenced, Jesus or God? Note in the next verse it is the armies who follow, who is the commander of heavens armies? Who is the “LORD Sabaoth” (not sabbath) – an interesting study if you dare.

Rev 22:18-19 – not sure of your reference here, are you insinuating I am adding to or taking away from the book of Revelation?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Desire Truth  ……..AMEN, as I said you are a breath of fresh air brother.   Your sound reasoning expresses the “SPIRIT OF TRUTH”, guiding your thoughts,   like it does JODI. 

GOD has sent to this site delievers, if only Proclaimer, who runs this site would listen,  he has no idea how many God would bring here.  O Proclaimer,  please consider the truth being expressed here. I really don’t believe GOD the Father of truth,  is going to bring to many here to listen to false teachers like Berean, Carmel, and others. But he will bring more of his chosen ones, and they shall act as one in agreement, I believe, especially if “You”,  come to see what we are telling you. Remember when I told you , “you were half way in and half way out, is that not the same thing Desire Truth , is telling you brother?

Peace and love to you and yours Desire Truth. ……….gene

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You: Jodi……..It’seems not about the truth to them, it about their false religious ideas, their not even intellegent enough to understand  that what they say is completely again what scriptures in the old Testement says,

they create complete contradictions, in our scriptures,

And don’t even know  they are.

Me:

Hi Gene,

You: Desire Truth……..I believe, if whatever is said “contradicts ”  what is written in the old Testament,  it is a lie. I also believe it takes the “spirit of truth”  to guide your mind into the true meaning of scriptures.

Hereunder are two groups of scriptures one from the OT, and one from the NT.

Are these groups contradictory in any way, or IN FACT NOT ONLY THEY AREN’T BUT THEY ARE IN FULL HARMONY?

Which is my conclusion after all!

Nevertheless, for the sake of truth it’s our task to analyze and prove whether they are contradictory or not.

Here we go:

Genesis 3:15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her SEED: 

Genesis 15:18 That day God made a covenant with Abram, saying: To THY “SEED” will I give this land, from the river of Egypt even to the great river Euphrates

Genesis 22:18 I will BLESS thee, and I will multiply THY “SEED” as the stars of heaven, and as the sand that is by the seashore: THY “SEED” shall possess the gates of their enemies. 18And in THY “SEED” shall all the nations of the earth be BLESSED, because thou hast obeyed my voice.

2Samuel 7:12 And when thy days shall be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will raise up thy SEED after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

Isaiah 1:9 Except the Lord of hosts had left us SEED, we had been as Sodom, and we should have been like to Gomorrha.

Isaiah 6:13 And there shall be still a tithing therein, and she shall turn, and shall be made a show as a turpentine tree, and as an oak that spreadeth its branches: that which shall stand therein, shall be a holy SEED.

Isaiah 61:9 And they shall know their SEED among the Gentiles, and their offspring in the midst of peoples: all that shall see them, shall know them, that these are the SEED which the Lord hath BLESSED.

Zechariah 8:12 But there shall be the “SEED” of peace: ….

Now to the NT verses.

Galatians 3:16To Abraham were the promises made and to his seed. He saith not, And to his seeds, as of many: but as of one, And to thy SEED, which is Christ.

Galatians 3:29 And if you be Christ’s, then are you the SEED of Abraham, heirs according to the promise.

Luke 8:11 Now the parable is this: The SEED is the word of God.

Matthew 13:37 Who made answer and said to them: He that soweth the good SEED, is the Son of man. 

John12:24 Amen, amen I say to you, unless the grain of wheat falling into the ground dies, 25Itself remaineth alone. But if it dies, it bringeth forth much fruit. 

1Peter1:23 Being born again not of corruptible seed,

but incorruptible, by the word of God who liveth and remaineth for ever.

1John3:9 Whosoever is born of God, commmitteth not sin: for his SEED abideth in him, and he can not sin, because he is born of God.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi and All,

You: There is argument over if a god was morphed into a virgin’s womb becoming flesh like some pagan god or

Me:  Jodi, only you and Gene, and by the look of it, also Desire Truth, conclude such a hypothesis.

You: God’s word became true in the man of flesh Jesus of Nazareth.

Me: Jodi, may I ask a super simple question, for the sake of others, please?

In order to justify your TRUTH,  you felt the need to use TERMS not even within the scripture, and make  THE TRUE WORD OF GOD of OT a LIE,  by saying  “God’s word “BECAME” TRUE…” ?

Is the word of God of the OT TRUE? 

NOW IF IT IS TRUE,

Why according to you, God’s word BECAME true in the man of FLESH Jesus of Nazareth?

Also, I WONDER WHY THERE WAS THE NEED TO USE A TERM ALSO NOT WITHIN THE SCRIPTURE BY SAYING:

….IN THE MAN OF FLESH….

AREN’T ALL MEN OF FLESH? ALSO, THE SCRIPTURE IS WELL CLEAR! READ PLEASE:

Genesis 6:3 And God said: My spirit shall not remain in MAN forever,

because he is flesh,

Berean
    Participant

@desiretruth

I partially agree with you that Revelation 19:13 refers to Isaiah 63:2,3 but I must say that it is about Christ and not about God the Father.

It is actually a prophecy about Christ, 

1) his earthly ministry up to the cross when he was made sin for us. 

👉”I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me:”(v.3)

This verse IS ABOUT JESUS LIFE AND DEATH ONE THE CROSS.

Meditate on it man of God

2) also when he returns as Judge and King of Kings and Lord of Lords (v.16) to chastise the nations of the earth and their kings and end the war of Armageddon.

👉…for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, ….

This war against the day of GOD, it is first mentioned in Rev.16:12-16.

V.14 The army that follows him are the holy angels of which Christ is the head.

The reference is in Matthew 24, where it is written:
    And then shall appear the 👉sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall 👉all the tribes of the earth mourn, and👉 they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
    [31] And

👉he shall send HIS ANGELS with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

The holy angels in heaven are the angels of GOD and of Christ.

ANGELS OF GOD:

Hebrews 1:[6] And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Rev.3[:5] He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Luke.12

[8] Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:
    [9] But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.
    Luke.15
    [10] Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

ANGELS OF CHRIST

2Thes.1
    [7] And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

Matt.16

[27] For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

[41] The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

Without forgetting that he is faithful and true (v.11) and that he is THE WORD OF GOD (v.13)

Revelation 19
    KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, 

THIS IS ALSO IN REVELATION 17:14  

These shall make war with the Lamb👈, 

and the Lamb 👉shall overcome them:👉 for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

🙏

Viewing 20 posts - 23,781 through 23,800 (of 25,893 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account