JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 21,561 through 21,580 (of 25,930 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Not necessarily. We know that the Father is Yahweh.
    Ok, now let’s talk about Jesus.
    Why did Thomas call Jesus “My Lord and my God”?

Danny. You can’t take one scripture that can be read multiple ways and choose the interpretation that contradicts hundreds of other scriptures. That doesn’t make sense.

For us Believers, there is one God the Father and one Lord, the Lord Jesus Christ. This teaching from Paul is not an isolated scripture. It is supported throughout the New Testament. It is my confession because that is what I truly believe.

Paul say that this what we believe. “for us…”.

If you are not “us”, then what group are you from?

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Berean,

I believe it is the place that will be called YHVH our Righteousness, not the inhabitants. 

See here where places are named in a similar way:

Jehovah-nissi – Moses built an altar and called it Jehovah-nissi (Ex. 17:15)

Jehovah-jireh – Abraham called the place where he almost sacrificed his son Jehovah-Jireh (Gen 22:14)

Jehovah-shalom – Gideon built and altar (Jdg 6:24)

Jeremiah 3:17 calls Jerusalem this name:

At that time they shall call Jerusalem ‘The throne of Yahweh;’ and all the nations shall be gathered to it, to the name of Yahweh, to Jerusalem. Neither shall they walk any more after the stubbornness of their evil heart. According to what seems to be your logic, Jerusalem would mean “the bride of Christ.” Will the bride of Christ be called the Throne of Yahweh?

Thank you for your question,
    LU

Proclaimer
    Participant

I believe it is the place that will be called YHVH our Righteousness, not the inhabitants.

I don’t have an opinion on this right now, but reference to your Binity doctrine, If what a person believes contradicts scripture, then it is not true.

Lightenup
    Participant

And if a person believes a person contradicts scripture but isn’t able to show them why, they are like a loud clashing cymbal just making pointless noise.

Lightenup
    Participant

Who has a binity doctrine, Proclaimer?

Proclaimer
    Participant

I’ll give you one guess. But I will add a clue. The Trinity says 3 persons are God. The Binity says 2 persons are God. Who teaches the latter?

Proclaimer
    Participant

And if a person believes a person contradicts scripture but isn’t able to show them why, they are like a loud clashing cymbal just making pointless noise.

Or a clanging symbol is blocking the truth to that person or they are resisting the Spirit of God and instead relying on their own spirit or demons.

No one has ever seen God; ….

Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.
    Amen.

No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

…one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
    one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Lightenup
    Participant

I never use the term binity, proclaimer. I use the term “unity”. Are you and your wife a binity or a unity? Jesus said that He and the Father are ONE. Did he mean one person or one unity or one what?

If the church is to be ONE as the Father and Son are ONE, then if the Father and the Son were a binity, then the church would also aim to be a binity. See why that term doesn’t work. The simple term “unity” works for both what the Father and Son are and what the church is to be. The terms binity and trinity are limited to the number of members of two or three, whereas, the term “unity” focuses on the agreeable interdependence between the members and not how many members there are.

What I teach is a unity of Father and Son, a type of unity that the members of the church are to try to be as well.

LU

Lightenup
    Participant

And then there is:

John 1:18

No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

Do you see two who are God in that verse or do you see just one?

Proclaimer
    Participant

I never use the term binity, proclaimer. I use the term “unity”. Are you and your wife a binity or a unity? Jesus said that He and the Father are ONE. Did he mean one person or one unity or one what?

Before the Trinity Doctrine, there was the Binity. It simply means that God is 2 persons. The Holy Spirit was added as the third person decades later to become the Trinity. It was written that many would fall away from the truth. This indeed happened. These doctrines are unrecognisable to Heaven. They are perversions of the truth. Man corrupts.

Lightenup
    Participant

Like I said, I do not teach the binity doctrine. My focus is on the unity of persons and not the number of persons. You teach the disunity of Father and Son. I teach the unity of Father and Son.

Berean
    Participant

Lu

You

According to what seems to be your logic, Jerusalem would mean “the bride of Christ.” Will the bride of Christ be called the Throne of Yahweh?

Me

The New Jérusalem  the celestial JÉRUSALEM…

And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife.
    [10] And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

The inhabitants of the holy city are more important than the city itself, in my opinion…

Lightenup
    Participant

Berean,

You said: The inhabitants of the holy city are more important than the city itself, in my opinion…

I agree, that doesn’t mean that the inhabitants will be called YHVH our Righteousness. Although YHVH Jesus is their righteousness.

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi @Danny Dabbs,

You said: Yes, of course, because Jesus inherited everything from His Father.

Can an eternal existence (both past and future) be inherited?

Lightenup
    Participant

Gene,

You said:

Lu……so your bible does not say , “we are heirs and “joint heirs” with Jesus Christ?  The word joint dosen’t seperate Jesus idenity from us,  in fact it ties him to us.

Even a adopted child is made up of “exactly”  the same material as the the none adopted child is, they are both human beings from humanity right?

So please tell us again how does being called an “adopted”  son of God make us any “different” then Jesus?  

Believer’s are joint heirs with Christ. Adopted children are not biological children and do not become the sons of their adoptive parents in the same manner as the natural born children. The material is not exactly the same as you seem to think. Did you not take Genetics or Biology?

Berean
    Participant

Hi Lu

why should not the children of God bear the name of their Father and their older brother (first family name) which is the name of new Jerusalem?

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

NEW NAME …. ???

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

What do you think of this new name
    who is that of Christ?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Lu……All  human DNA is human, that was my point…..JESUS was a human being , so he is no different then any other Heir would be,  even  if a child is adopted from another parent , he is still of the human kind,  so it  is with Jesus,  he didn’t call us his brothers because we were different then he was. Common sense should tell you that. Jesus didn’t say he was a SON OF MAN 80 TIMES, and not mean it, did he? Was scripture just joking with us?

Bottom line Jesus was and is a 100 % human being who, exactly like us,  recieved what he has by way of an inhabitant, the exact same way we do.

Why do you people always try so hard to make Jesus out to be something completely different then his brothers and sisters are?  Can’t you see Jesus is a work of God in human kind?

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Berean
    Participant

Gene

You need to  beleive That Paul said to philippians

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

[6] Who, being in the form of God,

thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

[7] But made himself of no reputation,

and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

HE TOOK UPON HIM…..

THIS IS THE PROOF HE WAS EXISTING BEFORE ….

HE TOOK UPON” HIS FORM OF GOD”

THE FORM OF HUMAN SERVANT

IT WAS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, AND GOD BY THE POWER OF HIS SPIRIT DID THIS, AND FOR GOD NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@t8

But now you say YHWH is not one person, but 2 persons.

I did not say that. Did you read the post?
    This is again your typical “attack the strawman” game.
    We were talking about the NAME of Yahweh.

Here read it again:
    Do you believe that the name YHVH also can apply to the Son of God?

Jesus bears the NAME of His Father Yahweh God.

Jesus is Yahweh God by nature, not identity.

Berean
    Participant

Jesus bears the NAME of His Father Yahweh God.

Jesus is Yahweh God by nature, not identity.

Amen Danny Dabbs, THIS the TRUTH about the Son of God Before His incarnation on our earth.

Now WE We say as Paul says

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Viewing 20 posts - 21,561 through 21,580 (of 25,930 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account