JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 21,301 through 21,320 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    princess
    Participant

Anyone from the anti christ group willing to answer this topic?

im in, what do you need to know!?!

when people say jesus christ I always tell them no it just me lol

lol just in case your not sure.

Lulu
    Participant

Revelation 19:

I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.”[a] He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

king of kings and lord of lords.    (This is Jesus) hence the Word is Jesus also John 1 teaches that.  

Proclaimer
    Participant

Jesus is his name. He is Jesus.

The Word of God is his name. He is the Word of God.

The Word became flesh and dwelt among us and we beheld his glory

Jesus Christ came in the flesh.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The Word became flesh

Jesus Christ came in the flesh.

His name is Jesus so he is Jesus.

His name is the Word of God so he is the Word of God.

Berean
    Participant

Amen

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Proclaimer……so you believe in a contradiction in scriptures,  because this is what the Old Testement says ,

Isa 44:24…..thus says the LORD, thy redeemer; and he that formed you (Israel)  from the womb, I AM THE LORD, that makes “ALL THINGS” ; that streaches forth the heavens “ALONE”;  that spreads abroad the earth by “MYSELF” ; 

Seems you have a contradiction, Proclaimer  between the Old Testement and the New Testement.

Does the word “alone”,  and by “myself” ,  have any kind of meaning to you,  to me if a person says he did something ““alone” and by “himself”,   that means no one else was involved.  But I am sure you will wiggle around those words of God himself, as you do others. 

You people believe Jesus preexisted his birth on this earth,  but Jesus believed he was a product of mankindm saying over 80 times,  he was a, Son (product of) Man,  but you call him a liar, saying  he was a preexisting being of somekind,  of which you have never explained exactly what that was.

Jesus was and is a 100% product of mankind, always was and always will be, not one ounce of difference ,  and as he is so are we, who have the Spirit of the Living God in  us, Given to us by Almighty God our Father  himself,  his seed abides in us just as it abided in Our brother Jesus.

The mediator between God and “men’ is the “MAN” Jesus, not any “preexisting” being of anykind.  

Why not investigate the translations given espically the Greek word  (dia) as it can be applied in many different ways,   you have to be very careful with the wording of the New Teatament, if it dosen’t meet the wording of the Old Testement, then the assumption of error should be on the New Testements side, as Paul said  concerning the Berean’s , that compared what they were hearing with the Old Testement writings, If it dosen’t match up,  it should be held in suspect.

The disagreement with scriptures  lies on your side not our side,  we preach what both are truly saying, so we are able to see the truth, you people on the other hand ignore many, many scripture to try to force you false beliefs on each other.

Peace and love to you and yours……..gene

Ed J
    Participant

You talk about being honest, OK, let’s be honest , tell the truth you preach Jesus as the one God created everything through, for the purpose to try to establish him as a preexistingbeing right?

Now for the KO. You talk about being honest Gene, but in reality, I only
    have to quote scripture and you get all riled up about what it is saying.

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    16For in Him all things were created, things in heaven and on earth, visible
    and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities.
    All things were created through Him and for Him.…

Boom!

Hi T8,

“firstborn over all creation” does not mean Jesus was
    a created being who was created first as Mike believes.
    He simple means instead Jesus is in charge over creation.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The firstborn is the literal firstborn unless they lose that status and its given to another. Analyse the term first born. Otherwise a term like supreme or primary could be used to describe what you are saying if being the first doesn’t matter.

Imagine using the term second born son and saying it doesn’t mean the second born son?

And did I imply first created? No. I said first BORN which is written.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Proclaimer……so you believe in a contradiction in scriptures,  because this is what the Old Testement says

I realise you must see scriptures as contradictory, but I do not see contradiction. There is no contradiction in truth Gene.

If your theology contains contradiction, then you are not understanding scripture. If you have to ignore a whole set of scriptures because you interpret others as contradictory, then you have the wrong understanding.

but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Gene, did God create you?

Yes / No

Another opportunity folks to see how Gene is not honest enough to answer the question. Is it any wonder then that he teaches these false conclusions.

Berean
    Participant

Gene

Isa 44:24…..thus says the LORD, thy redeemer; and he that formed you (Israel)  from the womb, I AM THE LORD, that makes “ALL THINGS” ; that streaches forth the heavens “ALONE”;  that spreads abroad the earth by “MYSELF” ;

Gene

You say yourself that the word of God (what he says, what he said in the past) is one with itself
    isn’t it true that you believe that?
    And well know that Jesus, the Son of God, named “The Word of God, although he is a person distinct from the Father, IS ONE WITH THE FATHER ALWAYS.
    WHEN YOU READ IN THE OLD TESTAMENT THAT GOD CREATED EVERYTHING BY HIMSELF IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE SON (THE WORD) WAS NOT PRESENT FOR THIS CREATIVE WORK BECAUSE HE IS ONE WITH HIS FATHER ….
    THE CREATION OF THE FATHER BY THE SON WHO IS ONE WITH THE FATHER, WHO IS THE PERFECT REFLECTION OF “HIMSELF” (see Hebrews 1: 3 and Colossians 1:15) IS THEREFORE
    IN PERFECT AGREEMENT WITH THE OLD TESTAMENT.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

YOU: You people believe Jesus preexisted his birth on this earth,  but Jesus believed he was a product of mankind saying over 80 times,

he was a Son (product of) Man,

ME; Gene, THE ABOVE IS ONLY YOUR CARNAL UNDERSTANDING and

lies

JESUS NEVER USED THE TERM AND SAID

A SON OF MAN BUT

THE SON OF MAN, UNIQUE, ONE OF A KIND.

Now, the title of

THE SON of man

DOES NOT IN ANYWAY DECLARE AND ASSERT THAT 

JESUS IS A PRODUCT OF MAN AS YOU, THE FOUNDATION OF LIES, ALL THE TIME CORRUPTLY CLAIM, AND 

IGNORE THE PURE TRUTH THAT

JESUS WAS THE PRODUCT

OF THE HOLY GHOST

NOT OF MAN.

MATTHEW 1:18……. she was found with child,

of the Holy Ghost.

MATTHEW 1:20…..that which is conceived in her,

is of the Holy Ghost.

HOW ON EARTH Gene, JESUS COULD BE

THE SON AND THE  PRODUCT OF MAN, WHEN 

HIS FATHER WAS NOT

A MAN!!!

JESUS WAS BOTH THE SON OF GOD, THE PRODUCT OF GOD,

OF THE HOLY GHOST,

ATTRIBUTED TO GOD, ALLOCATED to be

the embodiment of GOD, PURPOSELY UNIQUE

THE CARRIER OF GOD, and also

THE SON OF GOD, THE PRODUCT OF GOD, FURNISHED BY

GOD THE FATHER, ATTENTION GENE, BUT

ATTRIBUTED TO HUMANITY,

ALLOCATED PURPOSELY TO BE

THEIR REDEEMER, as

A HUMAN IN FLESH.

both in all things like humans and in all things different from humans!!!

A PERFECT PARADOX

YOU:but you call him a liar,

ME: NO Gene, YOU ARE A LIAR WITH RESPECT TO THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE.

YOU:saying  he was a preexisting being of somekind,  of which you have never explained exactly what that was.

ME: No Gene IT IS YOU WHO IGNORE ALL SCRIPTURE WHICH PROCLAIMS BOTH

JESUS’PRE-EXISTENCE, AND

HIS DIVINITY.

YOU: Jesus was and is a 100% product of mankind, always was and always will be, not one ounce of difference ,  and as he is so are we,

Gene, WAS YOUR MOTHER

CONCEIVED BY THE HOLY GHOST

BY ANY CHANCE? 

YOU: who have the Spirit of the Living God in us,

Given to us by Almighty God our Father himself,

ME: Gene ALMIGHTY GOD IS NO OUR FATHER AS 

HUMANS IN FLESH!

ALMIGHTY GOD OUR FATHER AS

HUMANS IN FLESH IS 

JESUS CHRIST  ASSERTED IN

Isaiah 9:6 For a CHILD IS BORN to us,

and a son is given to us,(PURPOSELY TO BE

OUR FATHER IN FLESH! John17:2, John 20:17)

and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor,

God the Mighty,(unique IN FLESH)

the Father of the world to come,

the Prince of Peace.

YOU: his seed abides in us just as it abided in Our brother Jesus.

ME, GOD’S SEED IS “THE WORD” JESUS, THE SON OF MAN Gene,  READ:

1Peter 1:23 Being born again not of corruptible seed,

but incorruptible,

by THE WORD of God

who liveth and remaineth forever.

James 1:21 …..with meekness receive

THE ENGRAFTED WORD,

which is able to save your souls. 

Gene do you know WHAT IT MEANS THE WORD

ENGRAFTED???

I tell you READ:

John1:1 1IN the beginning was the Word, and

the Word was with God, and

the Word was God. 

YOU: The mediator between God and “men’ is the “MAN” Jesus, not any “preexisting” being of any kind.

Galatians 3:20 Now a mediator is not of one:( WHEN IT COMES TO HUMANITY)

but God is one. ( both as a HUMAN AND GOD in

THE GODMAN JESUS)

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Lulu
    Participant

Is this a ordinary man?

Jesus claims to exist before Abraham;

John 8:58, KJV: “Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.” John 8:58, NASB: “Jesus said to them, ‘Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.

Are men virgin born? The Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary .. Jesus is not just a man.  He identified with men taking on flesh and being born a man but he was God, and filled with the Holy Spirit at birth.   He was conceived by the Holy Spirit.

Lulu
    Participant

17In all, then, there were fourteen generations from Abraham to David, fourteen from David to the exile to Babylon, and fourteen from the exile to the Christ. 18 This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged in marriage to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit. 19Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and was unwilling to disgrace her publicly, he resolved to divorce her quietly.…

Matthew

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes Lulu. This is what scripture says and we either believe it or not.

Some people here do not believe these. They claim to be Christian or teachers, but they seem to deny many things that are clearly written for us. I do not know why they do that. Seems idiotic to teach falsely because there is no good reward for doing that.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Lulu…..I feel you may be new in the Faith, or have recieved wrong information, from main stream Christian dogmas.  But I would ask you to do a honest word search, on the word “before”  please.

You will find that word in the Greek , does not imply Jesus existed before Abraham,  but is before him in “importance”.  You must understand the Jewish people alway used Abraham as there source of importance to God as a people.  That is why John the Baptist said to them God could raise up these stones as childern unto Abraham if he wanted to.  

Their idenity with Abraham was a real stumbling block for them,  and it was preventing them from accepting Jesus and what he was telling them, so that is why Jesus told them, he was (before) or,  “more important” then ABRAHAM.   Please do an honest study of that word “before” in the Greek as it was written. 

Peace and love to you and yours……….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant
    • To all……Words are important, because they relay the meaning of what is said, to us all. The problem that most bible readers do not understand that there are many grammatical errors in our present translations, because during the translations to English from Greek, there are in some cases 10- 20 different grammatical errors, the scholar WILL’S , FOUND OVER 20,000  grammatical errors in our present  english texts.

It is very important, that we do as Paul said to the Berean’s,  check the scriptures to see if what was being told them was true or not.  you must also remember the “only” scriptures they had was the OLD TESTEMENT, because the New Testements, hadn’t been written yet. SO if what is written in the New, dosen’t agree with the Old Testement, it is most likely Misunderstood. Because scripture written in the Old Testement, can not be broken. But because the old has been translated into Greek and the to English there can still be some errors, but less because we have today Actual Hebrew translators, who are able to translate from the “original” text, which was very carefully translated over and over by the scribes. 

So I believe If what you read or hear does not  agree with the Hebrew text or it simply is not true, or at best in suspect. IMO

Peace and love to all and yours………gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

What you are saying Gene is that scriptures that disagree with your view and agree with us must be translated incorrectly because you are right. Anyone with a bit of sense can see how your conclusions come from your own mind or spirit. There is much proof for this, but your recent arguments about free will demonstrate this perfectly. You say we have no free will because if we did, then God couldn’t predict anything. But you forget that God is not subject to time. He can see everything. He is higher than everyone and everything. He is subject to nothing but himself. Your arguments are easily disproven. I can do it with one arm tied behind my back.

Lulu
    Participant

Strong’s Concordance
    prin: before
    Original Word: πρίν
    Part of Speech: Adverb
    Transliteration: prin
    Phonetic Spelling: (prin)
    Definition: before
    Usage: formerly, before.NAS Exhaustive Concordance
    Word Origin
    a prim. adverb akin to pro
    Definition
    before
    NASB Translation
    before (13).

Thayer’s Greek Lexicon
    STRONGS NT 4250: πρίν

πρίν ((according to Curtius, § 380 comparitive προιον, προιν, πρίν)), as in Greek writings from Homer down:1. an adverb previously,formerly (cf. πάλαι, 1): 3Macc. 5:28 3Macc. 6:4, 31; but never so in the N. T.

2. with the force of a conjunction, before, before that: with an accusative and aorist infinitive of things past (cf. Winers Grammar, § 44, 6 at the end; Buttmann, § 142, 3); πρίν Ἀβραάμ γενέσθαι, before Abraham existed, came into being, John 8:58; also πρίν ἤ (cf. Meyer on Matthew 1:18), Matthew 1:18; (Acts 7:2); with an aorist infinitive haying the force of the Latin future perfect, of things future (cf. Winer’s Grammar, 332 (311)): πρίν ἀλέκτορα φωνῆσαι, before the cock shall have crowed, Matthew 26:34, 75; Mark 14:72; Luke 22:61; add, John 4:49; John 14:29; also πρίν ἤ, Mark 14:30; Acts 2:20 (where L T Tr WH text omit ἤ); πρίν ἤ, preceded by a negative sentence (Buttmann, § 139, 35), with the aorist subjunctive having the force of a future perfect in Latin (Buttmann, 231 (199)), Luke 2:26 (R G L T Tr marginal reading, but WH brackets ἤ), and R G in Luke 22:34; πρίν ἤ, followed by the optative of a thing as entertained in thought, Acts 25:16 (Winers Grammar, 297 (279); Buttmann, 230 (198)). Cf. Matthiae, § 522, 2, p. 1201f; Alexander Buttmann (1873) Gram. § 139, 41; Klotz ad Devar. ii. 2, p. 720ff; Winers Grammar (and Buttmann), as above.

Lulu
    Participant

before Abraham existed, came into being, John 8:58; also πρίν ἤ (cf. Meyer on Matthew)

Viewing 20 posts - 21,301 through 21,320 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account