JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 21,201 through 21,220 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

He is also the Truth and the Life.

Did God forget that too?

Or here’s an idea. Could it be that God didn’t mention all his names in that particular verse?

Hmm.

Hi T8,

Thank you for your honest answer!

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Mike, Let’s go about this a different way:

The bible uses the term – “The Word” – in many places. Please list
    for me all the different meanings you believe this phrase to mean…

1 ?
    2 ?
    3 ?
    4 ?
    5 ect…

please list them all,
    so we can explore this further.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Further EdJ, God reveals things in their time. Romans 16:25:

Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery which has been kept secret for long ages past,

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj…..Jodi and I, are not fence walkers, we both know exactly what we are saying and have produced countless scriptures over and over to back up exactly what we are saying.  Your lack of undstanding dosen’t make us fence walkers. Show us where any of those scripture we posted makes us appear as a “fence walker”.  We both know exactly where we are saying.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Berean
    Participant

Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.(Proverbes 26:12)

Jodi
    Participant

Proclaimer:

The Word became flesh.

Jesus Christ came in the flesh.

His name is the Word of God.

And yes, he is the seed of David.

True understanding of all this sees no contradiction.

A person who pits one scripture against another is not seeing the truth because both were inspired by the almighty God.

Jodi:

The Word became flesh – Yes, God had said that He would rest His Spirit upon the son of Jesse, an anointing, and send this anointed one out into the world to be a savior. The Messiah came in the flesh EXACTLY according to THE WORD given long ago.  

Jesus Christ came in the flesh – Yes, Jesus who left the river Jordan being filled with the Spirit was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, he then came out of the wilderness and CAME into Galilee, where fame began to spread of him as he began to speak God’s word and perform signs and miracles. People wondered who this man of flesh was, some knew he was the PROMISED Messiah, the promised king, the promised savior, the promised son of David to whom God had promised to be a Father to. 

His name is the Word of God his name is Jesus “YHVH is salvation” God’s word spoken throughout the bible, that He would save us and do so through one man. Another name we are also given said to be written, which is called the word of God, is “King of kings and Lord of lords”. We know from THE WORD of God spoken by both David and Isaiah, that David’s son would be a King of kings and a Lord of lords, having dominion overall that YHVH had made solely by Himself. 

And yes, he is the seed of David– Absolutely, according to Matthew 1 and Romans 1 we are told that the GENESIS and the COMING INTO EXISTENCE of Jesus is according to being of David’s seed. Likewise we are told in Acts 13 that of David’s seed ACCORDING TO A PROMISE (THE WORD of God) God raised unto Israel a savior, Jesus. 

True understanding of all this sees no contradiction- yes when you apply scripture with scripture there are no contradictions. John 1 speaks to God’s WORD that He had declared from the beginning which then He revealed to the prophets. There are so many prophecies that are to be directly applied to John 1.

A person who pits one scripture against another is not seeing the truth because both were inspired by the almighty God. -yes, all the word of God is true and when you apply it all together it gives us a clear message. God wanted us to know that all THE WORD from Him that He revealed to the prophets was with Him from the beginning. He had declared the END from the beginning

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

YOU:

Gene and Jodi are playing semantics.

You say he is, and I say he isn’t; period!
    But Gene and Jodi want it both ways.

He isn’t the word of God but his name is called the word of God ???

Fence walkers

ME:

As I have been saying, I do not believe that Jesus was ever given the name “The Word of God”. The names that he has been given, those names are the word of God. 

For example,

His name, JESUS, it’s very meaning is to us God’s word spoken throughout the bible, “YVHV is salvation”.

His name that is written, KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, is also God’s spoken word. 

Jodi
    Participant

To All,

The WORD below given by Isaiah is a promise that a man of FLESH will receive YHVH’s Spirit, it’s an ANOINTING, where then this anointed man of flesh is promised to be SENT. 

Our Messiah, according to The WORD, was promised to come in the flesh. 

The WORD was that a man would be full of grace and truth.

Isaiah 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

The “me” above is Jesus of Nazareth who had left the river Jordan having been filled with the Spirit, filled with grace and truth. 

Moreover, concerning this anointing of a man of flesh we are told even more, 

Isaiah 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles….5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: 6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; 7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. 8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

So here we have THE WORD spoken to us as fulfilled, 

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The WORD of Isaiah 11, 42, 45, and 61 was made true EXACTLY how it was declared, a man of flesh was anointed with the Spirit filled with grace and truth and sent out into the world where the people beheld his glory. 

That glory, him being filled with the Spirit not by measure, the only one, as God said He would not give it to any other, is Jesus being declared as God’s only begotten of the Father. Jesus was the only mortal man raised up from among his brethren to be begotten of God’s Spirit not by measure. 

Jodi
    Participant

To All,

There are no contradictions, everything is to be applied together!

John 7:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

Isaiah 42:5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: 6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; 7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. 8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Isaiah 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. 8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it. 9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands? 10 Woe unto him that saith unto his father, What begettest thou? or to the woman, What hast thou brought forth? 11 Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me. 12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded. 13 I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the LORD of hosts.

Jesus is the man who was made into God’s only begotten Son at the river Jordan. He is the man according to The WORD whom God made to be for a light, it was a calling to righteousness where he would deliver captives and build God’s city. The son of Jesse was made into our Maker’s Son.  

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself; 25 That frustrateth the tokens of the liars, and maketh diviners mad; that turneth wise men backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish; 26 That confirmeth the word of his servant, and performeth the counsel of his messengers; that saith to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be inhabited; and to the cities of Judah, Ye shall be built, and I will raise up the decayed places thereof:

Isaiah 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my Spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

JESUS DID NOT pre-exist and create heaven and earth, that is a direct LIE against scripture. YHVH made all things himself, and He did so through the ONE MAN who would bring forth YHVH’s purpose in creating all things in the first place, eternal life. Because this one man brings forth eternal life, YHVH held all things in him, in him all things consisted, so nothing would have been made that was made without this one man. This one man was promised to receive dominion over all that YHVH alone had made, so when YHVH was making all things by Himself He was doing so FOR this man to inherit it, and be a King of kings and a Lord of lords overall. 

Berean
    Participant

Jodi

You

“JESUS DID NOT pre-exist and create heaven and earth, that is a direct LIE against scripture. YHVH made all things himself, and He did so through the ONE MAN who would bring forth YHVH’s purpose in creating all things in the first place, eternal life. Because this one man brings forth eternal life, YHVH held all things in him, in him all things consisted, so nothing would have been made that was made without this one man. This one man was promised to receive dominion over all that YHVH alone had made, so when YHVH was making all things by Himself He was doing so FOR this man to inherit it, and be a King of kings and a Lord of lords overall. ”

Me

Your comments are inspired by the devil, the prince of lies.
    And you think you’re wise!

Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.(Proverbes 26:12)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Edj…..Jodi and I, are not fence walkers, we both know exactly what we are saying and have produced countless scriptures over and over to back up exactly what we are saying.

Even demons believe

Bull. All you do is quote Jesus humanity which no one here disagrees with. But you do not accept the full counsel of scripture. You take a snapshot of him coming in the flesh and with human reasoning say that he was created with no prior history and is still a man (adam). You try to hide the fact that he was with God in the beginning. The eternal life with the Father who came from heaven, came in flesh, died, rose again, and is in the glory he had with the Father. Even demons were more truthful Gene.

Moreover, demons came out of many people, shouting, “You are the Son of God!” But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew he was the Messiah…

He is the Word of Life

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our own eyes, which we have gazed upon and touched with our own hands—this is the Word of life. And this is the life that was revealed; we have seen it and testified to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life that was with the Father and was revealed to us. 3We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And this fellowship of ours is with the Father and with His Son, Jesus Christ.…

He was sent to us

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

The firstborn of all creation and all things created through him

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

He is back from whence he came

And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Here is the timeline

I came from the Father and entered the world; now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father.”

Boom!

You either hear the voice of the shepherd or you do not. Scripture is either the truth or it isn’t. Simple. Let your yes be yes and no be no. Why speak with forked tongue?

carmel
    Participant

HI Gene,

YOU: Carmel. …..Man you are so far out there in delusion, you make anything out of scriptures you want to m even though it is not stated like that , nor even intended to be taken that way.  No one can take what you are saying seriously Carmel, 

Gene, There was a fox and he spotted a cluster of grapes.

He jumped, and jumped, and jumped….FOR NO USE and after he became breathless he said,

AFTER ALL, THAT CLUSTER ISN’T GOOD TO EAT IT IS STILL SOUR.

YOU: No one can take what you are saying seriously Carmel,

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

Gene, your words prove that you are still on MILK, and unless you contradict me using scriptures, OF WHICH YOU YOURSELF CONFIRMED THAT I PRODUCED,

something which you never do unless it is your own CORRUPTION,

MY STANDS.

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

YOU: JESUS DID NOT pre-exist and create heaven and earth, that is a direct LIE against scripture.

Scriptures:

Genesis 18:1 And the Lord appeared to him

in the vale of Mambre as he was sitting at the door of his tent, in the very heat of the day. 2And when he had lifted up his eyes, there appeared to him three men standing near him: and as soon as he saw them he ran to meet them from the door of his tent, and adored down to the ground. 3And he said:

Lord, if I have found favour in thy sight,

pass not away from thy servant:

Galatians 4:14 You despised not, nor rejected: but received me as

an angel of God,

even as Christ Jesus.

Jude 1:5 I will therefore admonish you, though ye once knew all things,

that Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt,

did afterwards destroy them that believed not: 

Isaiah 48: I, even I have spoken and

called him: (????)

I have brought him,(???)

and his way is made

prosperous.(???)

16Come ye near unto me, and hear this:

I have not spoken in secret

from the beginning:

from the time

before it was done,(???)

I was there,

and now the Lord God

hath sent me,(???)

and his spirit.(???)

Hebrews1:2In these days hath spoken to us by his Son,

whom he hath appointed heir of all things,

by whom also he made the world. 

8 But to the Son: Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of justice is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9Thou hast loved justice, and hated iniquity: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

10And: Thou in the beginning, O Lord, didst found the earth: and the works of thy hands are the heavens.

11They shall perish, but thou shalt continue: and they shall all grow old as a garment.

12And as a vesture shalt thou change them,

and they shall be changed: but thou art the selfsame, and thy years shall not fail.

John1:15 John beareth witness of him, and crieth out, saying: This was he of whom I spoke:

He that shall come after me,

is preferred before me: because he was before me. 

18No man hath seen God at any time:

the only begotten Son who is in the bosom of the Father,

he hath declared him.

John 6:62 If then you shall see

the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

John 8:And he said to them: You are from beneath,

I am from above.

You are of this world,

I am not of this world.

24Therefore I said to you, that you shall die in your sins. For if you believe not that

I am he,

you shall die in your sin. 25They said therefore to him:

Who art thou? Jesus said to them:

The beginning,

who also speak unto you. 

John17:5 And now glorify thou me, O Father, with thyself,

with the glory which I had,

before the world was, with thee.

Jodi, This time I left it for you to comment on the above scriptures which

PROVE JESUS’ PRE-EXISTENCE AND CREATOR

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Proclaimer,

Continuously you do not discuss our POINT that goes beyond Jesus being a man whom was anointed and sent. 

If you just look at the END that YHVH had declared from the beginning. What is it? It’s a man, a human, sitting on his father David’s throne according to the flesh, where he is a Son of God according to the Spirit by his resurrection from the dead, which we read he had received that Spirit according to a promise when he rose from the dead. 

YHVH made all things with the purpose of eternal life, which He declared one man would bring, a man who could do nothing of himself, it was all because of the Spirit of YHVH that came upon the son of David we are saved.

If one man brings forth His purpose for His creation, than all things consist in him. If one man receives dominion over the works that YHVH had made, than all things were made by reason of and FOR him. 

Berean
    Participant

Who came to help Daniel’s friends when they were thrown into the fiery furnace by the servants of King Nebuchadnezzar?

I BELEIVE THAT IT IS THE SON OF GOD…..

ANOTHER PROOF OF THE PRE EXISTENCE OF THE SON OF GOD

Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellers, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.
    [25] He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.(DANIEL 3)

Jesus himself stood beside them in the terrible furnace, and by the glory of his presence the arrogant king of Babylon was convinced that he could only be the Son of God. The light from heaven had radiated from Daniel and his companions, until all their fellows understood the faith which ennobled their lives and embellished their character (RH 1/2/1881).

Jodi
    Participant

To All,

Scripture does not teach that Jesus went back to a former being, At ALL.

Scripture teaches that Jesus was raised from the dead as YHVH’s fulfilled WORD from before time began, a HUMAN BEING HAVING ETERNAL LIFE.

As Jesus appeared to many they were a witness to the WORD OF LIFE made true in him.

That WORD wasn’t just for Jesus, seeing him gave them hope for their own resurrection into GLORY, into power, made incorruptible. 

Jodi
    Participant

Berean,

God’s angels appear as men on earth and they are the Sons of God. Daniel 3 is not any sort of proof that Jesus pre-existed.

Berean
    Participant

Jodi

Daniel 3 :

and the form of the fourth is like THE SON OF GOD .(DANIEL 3)

Jodi
    Participant

To All,

The Word from the beginning, 

Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; 

The Word from the beginning was made true in Jesus,

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

Jesus, ANOINTED at the river Jordan, where he left the river having been filled with the Spirit, had God holding his hand and keeping him for to fulfill God’s covenant and be for a light. THIS JESUS, the son of Jesse anointed as according to The Word of God made true in the flesh, was FOREORDAINED before the foundation of the world, where he would be raised from the dead upon shedding his blood and be given GLORY. 

1 Peter 1:18 For as much as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

FROM THE BEGINNING, Jesus was promised glory, and to us it would be for our own hope for that glory, whereby seeing Jesus in that glory it would give us faith in God. 

John 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said,Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Recall, Jesus was ANOINTED AND SENT having God’s Spirit upon him in order TO preach God’s word, DO God’s work. 

5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with (para-FROM) thee before the world was. 

Now apply this to the below verse,

1 Peter 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

JESUS asked for the very glory that was from God from the beginning that he had been FOREORDAINED to receive. Jesus was not ignorant to the glory he was foreordained from the beginning to receive.

The people witnessed that glory when they saw and handled Jesus after he rose from the dead, which gave them faith in God as it had been promised to be their own glory. They likewise knew that Jesus was given the honor to give that eternal life to his own fellow brethren.

So many of you ignore God’s word and then treat Jesus like he was ignorant of it. 

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

Daniel 3:28 Then Nebuchadnezzar said, “Praise be to the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who has sent his angel and rescued his servants! They trusted in him and defied the king’s command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God.

Viewing 20 posts - 21,201 through 21,220 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account