JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 20,901 through 20,920 (of 25,925 total)
  • Author
    carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

YOU:That was the beginning  John was talking about, had nothing to do with Jesus at  all.

JESUS was not even in existence in the “beginning” .

ME: THE BIGGEST LIE EVER PRONOUNCED!READ:

John1:1 IN the beginning was the Word,

and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2The same was in the beginning with God. 

3All things were made

by him:

and without him

was made nothing that was made.

John8:25  They said therefore to him:

Who art thou?

Jesus said to them:

The beginning,

who also speak unto you.

1 John1:1That which was from the beginning,

which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the word of life:

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God,( THE FIRST EMBODIMENT OF GOD, BEFORE THE WORLD WAS) John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.(the abode of God)

the firstborn of every creature:

PRE-EXISTED

16For in him were all things created in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominations, or principalities, or powers:

all things were created by him and in him. 

17And he is before all,

and by him all things consist. (ETERNAL LIFE)

18And he is the head of the body, the church,

who is the beginning,(OF ALL BEGINNINGS)

the firstborn from the dead;(SPIRITUALLY DEAD BOTH IN HELL AND ON EARTH, ORIGINALLY

SLAIN LIKE A LAMB FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD Rev.13:8)

that in all things he may hold

the primacy: (the first of all the FIRSTS)

19Because in him,

it hath well pleased the Father, that

all fullness should dwell;

20And through him to

reconcile all things unto himself,( RECREATED ANEW IN HIMSELF)

making peace through the blood of his cross,

both as to the things that are on

earth,

and the things that are in

heaven. 

HEAVEN and EARTH REESTABLISHED ANEW

ALL PHYSICALLY  IN

JESUS’EMBODIMENT

“THE WORD” MADE FLESH

JESUS’ HUMAN NATURE

SIMPLY GOD AND FATHER OF ALL PHYSICAL John 17:2

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in us all.

WITH HIS OWN BLOOD IMMEDIATELY ON HIS DEATH, BY WHICH DEATH HE INTEGRATED ONE SUBSTANCE WITH

THE HOLY GHOST 

JESUS’DIVINE NATURE

peace and love in Jesus Christ

Ed J
    Participant

mike, (1 John 1:1) “our hands have handled, of the Word of life”

Hi Mike,

This verse is about John and other apostles talking part in writing “The Bible”.

…it does not mean that thay were touching Jesus flesh.
    You get so far off tract when you don’t understand…

“The Word” of God is God’s “HolySpirit”, not Jesus:

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me,
    he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.” (John 12:49)
    the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” (John 6:63)

Proclaimer
    Participant

His name is Jesus. That means he is Jesus.

His name is The Word of God. That means he is the Word of God.

It’s not rocket science.

At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi T8,

“and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God” (Rev 20:4)

1 for the witness of Jesus
    and
    2 for the word of God

Why you do you and religious fervor try to blend them together?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Why you do you and religious fervor try to blend them together?

Actually the opposite. I have taught all along that you can identify or qualify and people seem muddled up regarding this. That is, you are something (person) or it is something (attribute).

Just because truth is an attribute doesn’t mean that Jesus is not THE truth.

Just because life is given by God, doesn’t negate that Jesus Christ is the life.

Just because Eve is man (adam) doesn’t mean that the first man wasn’t Adam.

Just because the logos is an attribute of God doesn’t mean that Jesus Christ isn’t the Word of God.

All things come from God and living beings tend to be named after attributes that they have.

Know the difference and many a man made doctrine will be exposed just as the Trinity Doctrine is.

Proclaimer
    Participant

@edj

1. His name is Jesus. That means he is Jesus.
    2. His name is The Word of God. That means he is the Word of God.

Tell me Ed J, why is 1 correct and 2 wrong?

Ed J
    Participant

@edj

1. His name is Jesus. That means he is Jesus.
    2. His name is The Word of God. That means he is the Word of God.

Tell me Ed J, why is 1 correct and 2 wrong?

Hi T8,

Actually they both 1 and 2 are true.

What is incorrect though, is that you think #2 means “The Word” is Jesus; which of course is untrue.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi T8,

“and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God” (Rev 20:4)

and
    2 for the word of God

Hi T8,

Do you affirm that 1 and 2 in verse Rev 20:4 are referring to different things?

“Yes” or “No” ?

Proclaimer
    Participant

How true is what you say Proclaim and I will add that God continues to do all things through Jesus in the Heavenly Sanctuary (as Advocate, Mediator and High Priest and finally Judge) until
    his people be ready to welcome him at his coming in the clouds of heaven.

Amen to that.

Proclaimer
    Participant

What is incorrect though, is that you think #2 means “The Word” is Jesus; which of course is untrue.

So your actually still saying that he is indeed Jesus, but not the Word of God.  This is a double standard. If he has both these names then why is he only one of them?

Proclaimer
    Participant

“Yes” or “No” ?

Yes.

In this instance I think it is more likely that this is referring to the literal word of God or message.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all……Jodi and Edj,  are both right.  JESUS himself is  not the Word of God, he though the eternal  Spirit  of God, speaks the Fathers words to us.  THAT’S ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS “BELIEVE” WHAT JESUS SAID,  “the words I am telling you are “NOT” MY  WORDS”, but the words of him that sent me”.  

That along should tell anyone,  that has any sense of truth,  that Jesus could not “himself” be the words, that he was telling us. How clearer can it  get, 

Another simple truth,  a word,  any word,  can “ONLY” be the expression of the person who spoke it first,  GOD AND HIS WORD ARE ONE,  GOD IS A SPIRIT, AND his Spirit the was “IN” Jesus , by the Anointing he recieved at the Jordan River,  and God spoke through him by that Spirit given him, exactly like Moses and all the prophets did. It was all GOD’S WORDS THE WE’RE SPEAKING , never their Words that were speaking, but God the Fathers words .

If you  can’t understand this basic truth ,you are completely decieved. IMO

Peace and love to you all and yours……….gene

Ed J
    Participant

Hi T8,

and
    2 for the word of God

“Yes” or “No” ?

Yes.

In this instance I think it is more likely that this is referring to the literal word of God or message.

Hi T8, Good!

Do you therefore agree:

A. “The Word” of God is “The Bible” (the literal word of God)
    and/or
    B. “The Word” of God is “God’s spoken word” (message)

Are both A and B correct?

“Yes” or “No”?

Ed J
    Participant

So your actually still saying that he is indeed Jesus, but not the Word of God. This is a double standard. If he has both these names then why is he only one of them?

Hi T8,

Jesus does not have the name “The Word” – that is a religious fallacy.
    The “He” in Rev 19:11 (riding the white horse) is God’s HolySpirit…

“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them
    (1)in the name of the Father, and (2)of the Son, and (3)of the HolySpirit” (Matt 28:19)

1. the name of the Father… YeHoVaH (see Isaiah 12:2)
    2. the name of the Son… YA-shu-a (see Hebrews 4:14)
    3. the name of the HolySpirit… “The Word” (see Rev 19:11)

You need to keep the bible story intact.
    Religious fallacy has the bible all disjointed

“For “The Word” of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword,
    piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow,
    and (“The Word”) is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” (Heb 4:12)

Ed J
    Participant

To all……Jodi and Edj, are both right. JESUS himself is not the Word of God

Gene,

Jodi says Jesus is called “The Word” of God, while I do not…
    …So how can you (out of “FreeWill”) say Jodi and I are both correct?

Who do you you agree with me or Jodi?

Berean
    Participant

TO ALL

THE TRUTH IS THAT JOHN 1

SPEAK ABOUT THE SON OF GOD WHO

WAS WITH GOD AND WAS GOD AND

WAS MADE FLESH.

And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Ed J
    Participant

Berean,

Compare Rev 19:13 to Isaiah Chapter 63:

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.” (Rev 19:13)

“Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat?
    3 I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me:
    for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury;
    and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.
    4 For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.” (Isaiah 63:2-4)

Have you forgotten Jesus did NOT say verse 4, so none of this applies to Jesus?

Here is what Jesus said:

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me
    to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
    to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
    2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,

(Note: here is where Jesus stopped)
    This next part God’s HolySpirit fulfills...

and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; (Isaiah 61:1-2)

____________________________________________________________________________________________

“[To] whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine?
    them that are weaned from the milk (get their information from God’s word: The Bible),
    and drawn from the breasts. 10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept;
    line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: 11 For with
    stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
    12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest;
    and this is the refreshing (by God’s HolySpirit): yet they would not hear.

13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept,
    precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little;
    that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.” (Isaiah 28:9-13)

But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.” (Isaiah 63:10)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj….No, what  Jodi says , is the the word of God,  “became true”   as the flesh man Jesus.  Get it?,  She is not saying Jesus himself is the word of God “himself”, Jesus was and is, the “prophesied ” word of God. That “prophesied” “fulfillment “, of the, word of God which came into being as the Man Jesus, get it?

Edj, your saying the same thing as Jodi and I are brother.

Jesus is what the word of God “prophesied” through the Prophets, that was to come, it was a flesh,  Son of Man,  from the roots of Jesse  and from the loins of King David.

Jesus spoke God the Fathers Words to us, not because he was the  word of God, but because God  the Fathers Spirit was showing and telling him what to say and how to say it?  HE was a “prophet” just like “Moses” was, also, doing the same thing by that same Spirit, that was in them both, as well as all the prophets, and ourselves also. “One” GOD “one” Spirit, “in all and through all”? 

You are right and so is Jodi, you both saying the same thing EDJ.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………..gene

Ed J
    Participant

Edj….No

FALSE!

Jodi’s quote: (post #866532)

Jesus is named THE WORD OF GOD

Jodi says: Jesus is named “The Word of God”, while I do not…
    …So how can you say Jodi and I are both correct?

Who do you you agree with me or Jodi?

Berean
    Participant

THE TRUTH IS THAT JOHN 1

SPEAK ABOUT THE SON OF GOD WHO

WAS WITH GOD AND WAS GOD AND

WAS MADE FLESH.

And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God

Viewing 20 posts - 20,901 through 20,920 (of 25,925 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account