JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 20,521 through 20,540 (of 25,925 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

You claim that satan is the god of this world. Did you change your mind? Also, do you claim that Jesus is a god? The word theos is used for Jesus, you know.

Do not be of the world. Do not love the world. The God of this world is not the God of the cosmos. I haven’t changed my mind. Yes many are called theos, even men. This is my point. It helps people to understand that not all who are described as theos are the Most High God. Only one theos is the most high. That is the Father.

Lightenup
    Participant

@t8

You said: Only one theos is the most high. That is the Father.

Who is the next highest theos?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Who is the next highest theos?

Jesus Christ the son of the living God who is called the Word of God is the highest appointed living being. There is none above him, only the Father. In other words he is not the one true Theos and the Most High. He is his son. While he is not God, he is the most like him. So like him in fact he is the image of God. It is through him that we get the greatest revelation of the invisible God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

LU…..The Lord “our” God said this “there is “No” God besides me”,  and again He gave us this comandment, “you shall have no other God besides me” ,  so how many other God’s do you people have?   Let’s face the truth,  you people have taken our brother Jesus “a man” and turned him into a God.  Tell me this,  what gives you people the right to trangress, the very words of the “Living God”.  How  bold, how brave, what will you do when your are held accountable for transgressing the very words of “OUR “ONLY” TRUE GOD”. This I will guarantee Jesus never did, he sited the SHERMA, “hear O Isreal, the LORD our GOD, IS “ONE LORD” , and this also,  “that they might know “You” the “ONLY” “TRUE” GOD”, and Jesus (a man) who have you sent”.  

Doesn’t it put some kind of fear in you people, to know those scriptures that you ignore all the time?  There is time to repent LU my advise is to do it. GOD the FATHER,  Will not accept anyone who creates another God besides him. You people are on very dangerous grounds,  IMO.

Peace and love to you and yours……….gene

Lightenup
    Participant

@t8,

Can you please respond to this regarding John 1:1:

You have been told many times that the theos in “the word was theos” is a noun. You keep using it as an adjective.

Lightenup
    Participant

@t8

Regarding this post:

LU:Who is the next highest theos?

t8:Jesus Christ the son of the living God who is called the Word of God is the highest appointed living being. There is none above him, only the Father. In other words he is not the one true Theos and the Most High. He is his son. While he is not God, he is the most like him. So like him in fact he is the image of God. It is through him that we get the greatest revelation of the invisible God.

So, Jesus Christ is the next highest one described as theos then according to you, correct?

Lightenup
    Participant

Gene,

Actually it was The LORD “our” God that said “there is “No” God besides me.”

carmel
    Participant

Hi Mike,

YOU: Sorry dude… I couldn’t make heads or tails out of that convoluted post.

What do you expect from one who STILL lives on milk?

Here it goes AGAIN:

Mike, GET THIS INTO YOUR RATIONAL MIND ON THE VERY LAST DAY OF THE LORD.

THE SERVANT!

SERVES THE FATHER FOR THE LAST TIME

AND FURNISHES,

GIVES,

who gives?

JESUS GIVES TO 

THE FATHER

HIS, JESUS’, KINGDOM by which kingdom

THE FATHER, SPIRIT,

EMBODIED IN JESUS CHRIST

BECOMES JESUS CHRIST, ACCORDING TO YOU:

THE SERVANT OF ALL 

ALL IN ALL

ATTENTION THIS TIME Mike, IN VIEW OF THE ABOVE, ON THE VERY LAST DAY OF THE LORD,

WHO GIVES  ALL TO THE FATHER?

JESUS SERVES AND GIVES HIS KINGDOM TO THE FATHER. CLEAR???

NOW ACCORDING TO YOU

DUDE!

THE ONE WHO GIVES IS GREATER!

THUS

JESUS CHRIST RIGHT NOW IS THE GREATER,

NO MORE A SERVANT, CLEAR????

on the last day, JESUS becomes again BOTH

THE SERVANTand THE GIVER!

LISTEN TO THIS NOW:

THE RECEIVER WOULD BE 

YAHWEH, SPIRIT,

HE RECEIVES and OCCUPIES ETERNALLY 

“THE WORD” made FLESH,

THE BODY OF THE SON OF MAN

JESUS the servant, and THE GIVER!

as the FATHER could not have any other pleasure TO ABIDE IN A FLESH BODY,

LESS THAN HIMSELF!

AS HE WAS BEFORE THE WORLD WAS!

THE FATHER IN THE SON and THE SON IN THE FATHER!

John1:1 In the beginning was the Word:

and the Word was with God:

and the Word was God. 

John 16:25 These things I have spoken to you in proverbs.

The hour cometh when I will no longer speak to you in proverbs,

but will show you PLAINLY of the Father.

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Proclaimer
    Participant

There are many gods and there are many lords

So, Jesus Christ is the next highest one described as theos then according to you, correct?

Try to look at it like this.

Jesus Christ is Lord and God made him Lord. For us there is one Lord, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Yet, there are many lords right. If you have rented a house, then you had a lord, (landlord).

In England there is the House of Lords.

I see where you are going with this LU, as there is one God and no God beside him.

But there is one Lord, the Lord Jesus Christ, not two lords, Jesus and someone else. Yet there are other lords.

The way to read it is to say that there is one Most High true God and yes others can be called theos, even men (ye are theos). And yes, there is one Lord, but you might have a landlord. In other words, there is one ultimate God from where all things come and one Lord through all things come. This doesn’t negate “ye are theos” or the fact that people have legitimate landlords or might be ruled over by lords at governmental level.

SOLVED.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..and all,  There are “many”,  so-called God’s, but unto us “true believers”  and Jesus  there is “only” one “true” God.

You must all come to understand the word “GOD” is “not” a person, it is an adjective word describing “a “relationship”,  anyone can have  with anything that exists.  All onyone has to do,  is understand the “original” Hebrew  “pictorial” language from where the word GOD or El’ohim  came from.   it”s most simple meaning is this, the head of an “OX” WHICH REPRESENTED THEIR “POWER” AND THE SHEPHERDS “STAFF”  WHICH REPRESENTED what they “LEANED” on for their “SUPPORT”.  

• IT’S just that simple, anything  you believe as the “Power” you lean on and trust in” is your GOD, even if it is not the “TRUE” GOD, that you are trusting in.
    • Therefore He our “true, ” God said , “you shall have “NO” GOD, BESIDES ME.
    • ANYONE, who makes or has  another God or el’ohim  besides the  “True” God or El’ohim is an “IDOLATER”. 
    • WE “the true believers including the,  “man” Jesus,  have but “ONE” God, Who is the Father of “ALL”, and the “only” “true” God that exists or ever has existed, and ALL thing that exist came from him, both in heaven and  in earth. 
    • This is basic to “all truth” written in our scriptures.  “You shall have “no” other God besides me”,  you all can believe that or not, but in the end it will prove true. 

Peace and love to you all and yours ……..gene

Ed J
    Participant

Well said Gene, There are no ‘gods’ ?? No God but YHVH!

There is only “God”, the real God: YHVH; but there are
    many so called gods, which are really no ‘gods’ at all.

Berean
    Participant

EPHESIANS 3

kai fwtisai pantaV tiV h koinwnia tou musthriou tou apokekrummenou apo twn aiwnwn en tw qew tw ta panta ktisanti dia ihsou cristou
    3:9 And to make all [men] see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

GOD ,who created all things by Jesus Christ:

by Jesus Christ

COLOSSIANS 1

… all things were created by him, and for him:
    [17] And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

…created by him, and for him

HIM  = THE DIVIN SON OF GOD

Lightenup
    Participant

Great post Berean! I hadn’t seen Ephesians 3:9 in a while. Good to see you back.

Blessings, LU

Lightenup
    Participant

@t8

You said: Jesus Christ is Lord and God made him Lord. For us there is one Lord, the Lord Jesus Christ.

I say:

Jesus Christ is the theos who is our one Lord with the theos who is our one God, they alone created the heavens and the earth as YHVH.

Lightenup
    Participant

@t8

You said: The God of this world is not the God of the cosmos.

This will tell you who is in charge of this world/age.

Ephesians 1:18I ask that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you may know the hope of His calling, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints, 19and the surpassing greatness of His power to us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of His mighty strength, 20which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms, 21far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.

You seem to disagree with who is in charge of this present age.

Lightenup
    Participant

Gene,

You said:

IT’S just that simple, anything  you believe as the “Power” you lean on and trust in” is your GOD, even if it is not the “TRUE” GOD, that you are trusting in.

Who is this talking about as having the “Power” now:

Ephesians 1:18I ask that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you may know the hope of His calling, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints, 19and the surpassing greatness of His power to us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of His mighty strength, 20which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms, 21far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.

Jesus Christ fits that definition of being my God as the one who is above all rule and authority, POWER and dominion, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. I lean on and trust in Jesus AND the Father who seated Jesus in that position of “‘Power’ that I lean on and trust in.”

It’s just that simple,” as you say.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

LU…..So to you Jesus is a “liar”  or perhaps he simply changed his mind,  as to him saying this,  “that they might know “you” the “only” true God”.  AND SCRIPTURE LIES too, where it says,  “but unto us the is but “One”,  God and “one” Mediator between God and men, the “MAN” Jesus Christ “. 

Now what do you do with this scripture?, just act as if it is not even in your bibles?

1 Co 15: 27…..”for he has put all things “under” his feet, But when he saith “all things” are put under him, it “is apparent ” that he (God the Father) is “excepted” which did put “all” things under him.

Also LU, if we follow you logic the we can say that all things are put under the feet of all mankind, so in your logic every man is a God because God said this,  speaking of mankind in general, Scripture say this.

Thou (God the Father)  has put “all” things in subjection under his (mankind’s) feet. For in that he put “all” in subjection under him (mankind) He (God the Father) left “nothing” that is not put under him (mankind). 

So now by following your logic and others trinitarians here, “we are all to be GOD’S just as much as Jesus is right? 

After all dosen’t scripture say,

Eph 4:13…….Till we “all” come in the unity of the Faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a “perfect” man, unto the measure of the stature of the “FULLNESS” of Christ. 

LU …You really need to keep all theses scripture in mind when yourself and others start dragging you down some rabbit holes of false teachings. You can just dice up scriptures, rejecting some and forcing others to say what in fact they are not actually saying,  to fit your personal beliefs .

Truth is found in the sum of scriptures “that fit with eachother”,   not some trail that goes nowhere.  May God help you LU .

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

carmel
    Participant

Hi Mike,

YOU: If we are sons of God, but BROTHERS of Jesus, what does that tell you?

Sons of God?  YES.
    Sons of Jesus?  NO.
    Conclusion:  Jesus is not God.

NOW HERE IS SOME MEAT FOR YOU, THOUGH YOU LIVE ON MILK!

John20:17 Jesus saith to her:

Do not touch me: for I am not yet ascended to(THE GLORY OF) my Father. ( JESUS’ PARTICULAR UNIQUE STATE OF A FATHER OF HUMANITY ex satanic, IN FLESH Isaiah 9:6.

AS GOD THE FATHER, SPIRIT,  COULD NOT BE, except through Jesus, our mediator/spirit,

SINCE ADAM, REJECTED GOD’S SPIRIT, AND UNAWARE OF, COMMITTED HIMSELF TO THE MORTAL FLESH AND BLOOD SUBSTANCE,

and received Satan’s spirit, SATANIC GENERATIONS IN CAIN through sex. THE GENTILES)  Then Jesus asserted and told Mary:

But go to

MY BRETHREN (THE ONLY TIME JESUS HIMSELF CALLED US HIS BRETHREN,

AFTER HE RESURRECTED)

WHICH CLEARLY MEANS THAT JESUS’DEAD BODY ORIGINALLY  GIVEN AS A RANSOM, SIMPLY

IN EXCHANGE FOR OURS,

PRECISELY ON HIS RESURRECTION, BY THE POWER OF JESUS CHRIST, GLORIFIED ON THE CROSS

GODMAN ON EARTH!

BY HIS OWN SPIRIT, THE WORD” Jesus, the Son of Man, originally slain like a lamb from the beginning of the world.Rev.13:8 IN THE ENTIRE PROCESS OF THE WORLD.ETERNAL LIFE.

RESURRECTED WITH OUR HUMAN GENUINE BODY EX SATANIC IN CAIN!

THE MAN BORN AGAIN John3:3. 

JESUS RECREATED US ANEW BY HIS OWN BLOOD,

ALL IN HIM,  FROM AMONG THE DEAD!

SPIRITUALLY DEAD! BOTH IN HELL AND ON EARTH!

1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be

the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,….

REFLECT ON THE ABOVE TITLE; FOR GOD’S SAKE, AND LIVE ON MEAT FOR A CHANGE!

THE GOD AND FATHER ….. JESUS CHRIST UNIQUE PARTICULAR GOD AND FATHER OF THE HUMAN RACE, Isaiah 9:6, where God the Father was not in the position to ACCEPT since He was rejected by EVE first, OUR CARNAL MOTHER, by whom Adam, OUR SPIRITUAL FATHER FELL. the fact that it is

THE KINGDOM OF THE SON, not of the Father, AS THROUGH HIM, OUR NEW FATHER IN FLESH, WE BECOME

CHILDREN OF GOD;

WHICH IN ACTUAL FACT (NOT SONS, as sons is only of GOD THE FATHER, SPIRIT) BUT

CHILDREN OF JESUS CHRIST, FLESH! Hebrews 2:13 And again: I will put my trust in him. And again: Behold I and my children, whom God hath given me.

WE ARE RECONCILED BY 

JESUS IN FLESH, WITH THE FATHER IN SPIRIT!

A RIVER OF PEACE! Isaiah 66:12

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Berean
    Participant

Gene

you

T8…..and all,  There are “many”,  so-called God’s, but unto us “true believers”  and Jesus  there is “only” one “true” God.

You must all come to understand the word “GOD” is “not” a person, it is an adjective word describing “a “relationship”,  anyone can have  with anything that exists……..

Me

About God(the Father) not a person…..

You are wrong

God the Father is a person….See Hebrews 1:3

It is written that the Son is : “…  the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, …”

THE SON IS THE BRIGHNESS OF THE GLORY OF GOD(the Father), and the EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON…”

…the EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON …

Genesis 6

5] And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
    [6] And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

GOD HAS A HEART BECAUSE HE IS A PERSON,  A VERY HOLY PERSON…

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean…..“HEAR O ISREAL THE “LORD” “OUR GOD”, IS “ONE” LORD”. , get it?,  the LORD is OUR (true believers) “GOD”, another words it is The LORD,  “YEHWEH ” who is the “power we put our trust in”.  And as a result of us putting our trust in his power and trusting in him by our faith in him, “that makes him our God. Get it?  Anyone or thing you use foe for your power and trust in ‘is”, your GOD. 

Again,  the word “GOD” is not a person, it is the relationship you have with something that makes it or he or she “your” GOD , but there is “ONLY” “ONE” “TRUE” GOD for us  and Jesus and all, “true believers” and that is the  “person”  who is called the “LORD”,  WHOS NAME IS, YEHOVAH OR YEHWEH  

Just the simple, nothing complicated about it.

Berean, if you don’t understand that , it explains a lot about you confusion. Imo.

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 20,521 through 20,540 (of 25,925 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account