JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 20,461 through 20,480 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

LU: You can pray directly to Jesus…He is YHVH our Righteousness…  It’s ok.

It’s also apparently okay to pray directly to the city of Jerusalem, who is also YHVH our Righteousness. 😉

Jeremiah 33:16

In those days Judah will be saved, and Jerusalem will dwell securely, and this is the name by which it will be called: The LORD Our Righteousness.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

You have so many posts just to me, it seems you “need me” to answer you, ha. (its a joke no need to debate it 🙂 )

You said:

Mike: These claims are so very weak that they don’t even deserve a response.

LU: In other words, you can’t debate that.

Mike: As if my son somehow GAVE me the power and authority to be a father or create him.

LU: Are you a father in the biological sense apart from your son? If not, then your son’s existence did give you the calling of being a biological father and therefore being an biological father “authority” over your child. Apart from Cody, you are not a biological father or a biological father authority over anyone (unless you have other biological children). Face the facts.

Mike: Hopefully you have at least learned to not go around claiming that the Father NEEDS Jesus to do anything, while at the same time retaining Jesus’ own teaching that he can do nothing apart from the Father.

LU: The Father needs the Son to be called “Father” for starters.

Mike, here is the million dollar question…

Do you NEED JESUS?

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

Regarding this:

LU: You can pray directly to Jesus…He is YHVH our Righteousness…  It’s ok.
    Mike: It’s also apparently okay to pray directly to the city of Jerusalem, who is also YHVH our Righteousness.

Jeremiah 33:16

In those days Judah will be saved, and Jerusalem will dwell securely, and this is the name by which it will be called: The LORD Our Righteousness.

I am perfectly aware that Jerusalem is called YHVH our Righteousness after Jesus whose name is YHVH our Righteousness. There is a reason the city is named after Jesus. It is the city of God. The cities named after great people is not a new thing, Mike. It is rather foolish to not distinguish the person from the city named after them. Of course you would not pray directly to the city but you can pray directly to the one the city of God is named after…Jesus.

Maybe this will help: https://www.msn.com/en-in/travel/news/42-places-named-after-people/ss-AADizGx#image=12

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

You quoted this:

“The arm of the Lord” is an idiom for “God’s great power” (as exemplified through Jesus’ miraculous signs). This response of unbelief is interpreted by the author as a fulfillment of the prophetic words of Isaiah (Isa 53:1). The phrase ὁ βραχίων κυρίου (Jo braciwn kuriou) is a figurative reference to God’s activity and power which has been revealed in the sign-miracles which Jesus has performed (compare the previous verse).

Jesus IS the God the Father’s “Right Hand Man” and apart from Jesus, God is not a father, a creator, a redeemer, a savior, a shepherd, etc. That is not because the Father is not powerful, it’s because the Father chooses to display his power through the Son’s own power who can do anything the Father can do, btw. In other words, if the Father can do it, the Son can do it by the Son’s own strength and ability. The Father and the Son have the same strength and ability because they have the same essence, perfect, eternal essence.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

You asked:

LU: Shoot me, I don’t care… The apostles prayed to YHVH, the unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit…
    And do all three of those entities comprise ONE SINGULAR “Sovereign Lord” in your doctrine?

The prayer was to the Sovereign LORD (YHVH) and all three members, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit make up the fullness of the one Sovereign LORD (YHVH).

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

You said: No they don’t. That is a poor translation…

I used to think that too but reading the early church father’s writings, they quote it as the “Lamb slain before the foundation of the world” from what I remember so I go by that.

That doesn’t imply a continual slaying, Mike. I take it as a future event, the Son would become incarnate and be offered as the sacrifice for the sins of the world in the case the world needed redemption. In other words, the payment was in the bank before man could even chose to sin if indeed he so chose that path. God had the answer for whatever man decided.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

Oh geez…

regarding your post:

LU:  Do you think that a member of a unity cannot serve that unity of which they are a member of? A pastor is a member of the body of Christ, a unity called the church. The pastor also serves the body of Christ, the unity of which he is a member of. This is simple.

Simple?  More like “simple-minded”. Will you really claim that Pastor Fred is the holy servant of Pastor Fred?  Come on now.   Kathi, you are lost in your own imagination, and I pray that the holy servant of the Sovereign Lord (singular) who created all things will somehow lead you to truth.

Do you need the unity in the example to also be the name of the servant of the unity for you to understand how YHVH our Righteousness can be the servant to YHVH? How about this: Israel was the servant to Israel as a father.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

LU. You teach against eternal life.

Lightenup
    Participant

t8,

Is eternal life knowing the only true God apart from Jesus??

Or, is eternal life knowing the only true God AND Jesus?

You can’t know the only true God apart from Jesus. Therefore knowing the only true God is dependent on knowing Jesus. There is a connection that to have one, you must also have the other. That is two persons to know in order to have eternal life. One is our one God, the Father and the other is our one Lord, Jesus Christ. Jehovah is both God of gods and Lord of lords. Jesus is the Lord of lords part.

Lightenup
    Participant

Bump for t8

carmel
    Participant

HI Mike,

YOU: Ah, I should have used the title to better make my point – since “God” is a title.  So David was “The King of Israel”.

Solomon was David’s son. NO MIKE WE ARE USING AS YOU SAID

THE TITLE!

DAVID IS A NAME NOT A TITLE! So

SOLOMON WAS THE KING’S SON!

YOU: Was Solomon  “the son of the King of Israel”?

ME: NO MIKE AGAIN.

YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID WITH RESPECT TO OUR POINT:

WAS SOLOMON THE SON OF THE KING?

YOU: Or “King of Israel the Son”?  “Son of the King”?  Or “King the Son”?  Which one?

ME: Now, David was still alive when Solomon became king, and Israel had

KING THE FATHER, and

KING THE SON. more PROPER IS

KING DAVID, THE FATHER.

KING SOLOMON, THE SON.

BUT THEIR NAMES DOESN’T COUNT, IN OUR CASE, ONLY THE TITLE AS YOU SAID!

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

carmel
    Participant

Hi Mike,

ME: JESUS IS THE ACTUAL HEART OF GOD!

YOU: Scripture, please?

ME: Jesus is

“THE WORD” of God, MADE FLESH!

SCRIPTURE:

Matthew 15:18 But the things which proceed out of the mouth, (WORDS)

come forth from the heart,

and those things defile a man.

NOT MUCH OF WISDOM MIKE YOU REQUIRE TO PERCEIVE THAT 

GOD’S WORD (JESUS) COMES FROM HIS HEART!

MORE SCRIPTURE:

John1:18 No man hath seen God at any time:

the only begotten Son who is in

the Bosom(HEART)  of the Father, he hath declared him. (BY HIS MOUTH)

I BET YOUR SON ALSO IS MIKE! OF WHICH I DON’T HAVE ANY DOUBT!

MINE ARE!

MORE SCRIPTURE:

John 17:21 That they all may be one,

as thou, Father, in me, (IN MY HEART)

and I in thee; (IN YOUR HEART)

that they also may be one in us: (ALL THE ENTIRE HEARTS IN JESUS and

JESUS IN ALL HUMAN HEARTS,

ALL IN HIM, ALL BY HIM, and ALL FOR HIM)

that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

(IN THEIR HEART)

MORE SCRIPTURE:

John6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth: the flesh profiteth nothing.

THE WORDS (THE GOSPEL, WHICH CAME OUT FROM MY HEART, 

THE FATHER’S)

that I have spoken to you

are spirit and life.

MIKE, THE LIFE OF THE FLESH IS

THE HEART, where “THE WORD” the Son of Man lives,

OUR ETERNAL LIFE

MORE SCRIPTURE:

John1:4 In him was life: and the life was the light of men. 

Attention Mike:

as much as 

the life of

THE SOUL/HEART/MIND is

THE HOLY GHOST WHERE THE FATHER’S SPIRIT LIVES.

MORE SCRIPTURE:

1John5:7And there are Three who give testimony in heaven,

the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost.

And these three are one.

( IN JESUS CHRIST, GODMAN)

8And there are three that give testimony on earth: the spirit and the water and the blood. And these three are one.

(IN JESUS, THE SON OF MAN, THE CHURCH, CHRIST’S BODY, WHERE CHRIST,

THE SOUL OF GOD, IS THE HEAD OF, and THE HEAD, THE SPIRIT,

OF CHRIST IS GOD)

MORE SCRIPTURE:

Ezekiel 36:26 And I will give you

a new heart,(“THE WORD”) and put a new spirit (THE HOLY GHOST)within you:

and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and will give you a

heart of flesh.( “THE WORD” Jesus, the Son of Man, on His resurrection)

MORE SCRIPTURE:

`Jeremiah  32:39 And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me all days :

32:41 And I will rejoice over them,

when I shall do them(THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE) good: and I will plant( ESTABLISH) them in this (EMBODIMENT) land in TRUTH, (JESUS CHRIST) with

my WHOLE heart, ( “THE WORD”)  and with ALL my soul.(THE HOLY GHOST) IN

JESUS CHRIST   ALL IN HIM….

DO YOU WANT MORE SCRIPTURES MIKE?

NO, I JUST REMEMBERED YOU DON’T LIKE 

TOO LONG POSTS.

THE SERVANT!

carmel
    Participant

Hi Mike,

ME: ACCORDING TO YOU MIKE, THE ONE WHO GIVES IS GREATER!

John 16:15 All things
    whatsoever the Father hath are mine. Therefore I said that
    he shall RECEIVE of me……

WHO GAVE MIKE?

JESUS!
    WHO RECEIVED ALL THINGS MIKE?

THE FATHER!
    WHO IS GREATER MIKE?

JESUS!

YOU: Wait a minute… you think that in John 16, Jesus is talking about the Father asking him for something, and Jesus giving it?  Seriously?  Surely you realize that Jesus is talking about his DISCIPLES asking, and Jesus giving it to them, right?  But then, according to your logic, that makes Jesus OUR servant! ??????????????

SCRIPTURE:

John 16:12 I have yet many things to say to you: but you cannot bear them now.

13But when he, (THE HOLY GHOST FROM THE FATHER) the Spirit of truth, is come, he will teach you all truth.

For he(THE HOLY GHOST FOR THE FATHER) shall not speak of himself:

but what things soever he shall hear,(FROM YOU HEART) he shall speak. And the things that are to come, he(THE HOLY GHOST FOR THE FATHER) shall show you.

14He (THE HOLY GHOST, FOR THE FATHER) shall glorify me:(JESUS CHRIST THE SERVANT)

because he (THE HOLY GHOST FOR THE FATHER)shall receive of mine (JESUS’ THE SERVANT)

and shall shew it to you.

15All things whatsoever

the Father hath are mine.

Therefore I said that he (THE HOLY GHOST FOR THE FATHER)

shall receive of me (JESUS CHRIST THE SERVANT)

and shew it to you.

ME: ACCORDING TO YOU MIKE, THE ONE WHO GIVES IS GREATER!

(who gave Mike, JESUS, who received Mike, THE FATHER,
    who is greater Mike?

JESUS CHRIST

THE SERVANT ACCORDING TO YOU

POOR MIKE!)

THE GIVER OF ALL

FOR HIS OWN KINGDOM

carmel
    Participant

Hi Mike,

ME: Notice what Jesus said;

“I and the Father are one.”
    Does that sound familiar? Jesus is not simply stating that He and the Father are of the same essence, although that is true. Jesus is not simply stating that He is God, although that is true.

The reason the Jews wanted to stone Him on the spot and the reason why the Jews were so offended is simple:

Jesus said that

He is as much
    the “one-God” of Deuteronomy 6:4 as YHWH is
    the “one-God” of Deuteronomy 6:4.

YOU: So in your mind, Jesus is actually saying that the Son and the Father are literally one?  So in essence, the Father IS the Son, and the Son IS the Father?  Come on, man.  But then it gets worse…

I DON’T BLAME YOU MIKE!

John 17:21-22

…that all of them may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I am in You. May they also be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.  I have given them the glory You gave Me, so that they may be one as We are one…

Now the Father IS the Son… who IS all of the disciples… who also ARE the Father Himself, etc.  😎  The Father, the Son, and Jesus’ disciples are all the same exact “one-God” of Deuteronomy 6:4? 

Carmel, I don’t know how or when you allowed yourself to veer so far from scriptural truth, but the majority of the things you post are simply nonsensical to a rational mind. 

PERFECT MIKE

(I know, I know… it’s because my mind is carnal and wicked and mad, right?)

WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR AND HUMANS CARNAL MIND MIKE WHEN ALL BECOME DUST? 

WHAT WILL YOU AND ALL SOULS RECEIVE INSTEAD?

I TELL YOU MIKE!

WHEN ALL IS PERFECT AT THE VERY END!

ALL SPIRITS

ALL SOULS and 

ALL FLESH simply receive

YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS MIKE IT’S

YOUR FAVOURITE!

THE SERVANT JESUS 

IN HIS TOTALLITY

HE EMPTIES HIMSELF IN ALL THE ENTIRE CREATION WHICH ALSO INCLUDES 

GOD THE FATHER EMBODIED IN

JESUS CHRIST

THERE WILL BE

ONE CHRIST IN ALL

1 John3:2 Dearly beloved,

we are now the sons of God:( by the servant Jesus)

and it hath not yet appeared what we shall be. We know that when

he shall appear we shall be like to him:(THROUGHOUT SERVANTS TO EACH OTHER ONE BODY as much as my little finger serves me, in the same way, MY HEAD SERVES ME, and so on MIKE

ONE KINGDOM OF THE SON, THE SERVANT)

because we shall see him as he is. ( GODMAN as much as we will be GODMEN)

3And every one that hath this hope in him (THE SERVANT)

sanctifieth himself,

as he also is holy.

1 Peter 1:16 Because it is written: You shall be holy, for I am holy.

YAHWEH MIKE, 

GET THIS INTO YOUR RATIONAL MIND ON THE VERY LAST DAY OF THE LORD. THE SERVANT!

SERVES THE FATHER FOR THE LAST TIME AND FURNISHES,

GIVES 

THE FATHER HIS KINGDOM by which kingdom

THE FATHER

EMBODIED IN JESUS CHRIST

BECOMES 

THE SERVANT OF ALL 

ALL IN ALL

WHO GAVE MIKE ALL TO THE FATHER!

JESUS

WHO IS GREATER according to you:

JESUS CHRIST BUT AS

YAHWEH in the body of

JESUS the giver!

carmel
    Participant

Carmel:  27For of a truth there assembled together in this city against thy holy child [SERVANT] Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, 28To do what thy hand and thy counsel decreed to be done. 29And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants that with all confidence they may speak thy word, 30By stretching forth thy hand to cures and signs and wonders, to be done by the name of thy holy Son [SERVANT], Jesus.
    It’s clear the KJV is trying hard to NOT label Jesus as a SERVANT of his and our God, you know, the one they prayed to… the one who created the heavens, the earth, the sea, and everything in them.  I would suggest that you try a better translation of that passage.  Or you could even use the same KJV translation, but just look at how the same word is translated in different passages – where the translators are not trying to avoid calling someone a servant.  Here’s one of them…

Matthew 12:15-18 KJV

But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all; And charged them that they should not make him known: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Behold my servant, whom I have chosen…
    It is the same Greek word in the above verse, yet the KJV translators render it as “servant”, not “child” or “son”.  Why do you suppose that is, Carmel?  But this one shows their bias even more clearly…

Acts 4:25 KJV

Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?
    That one is the same Greek word – within the SAME EXACT PRAYER!  😁  So why would the KJV translators render the word as “servant” when it refers to King David, but then go out of their way to NOT render it as “servant” in the same exact passage when it spoke of Jesus?

Like I said… try a better translation of that prayer.  So let’s begin again…

The apostles prayed TO the one who created the heavens, the earth, the sea, and everything in them, right?
    The apostles were NOT praying to Jesus – which means Jesus is NOT the one who created the heavens, the earth, the sea, and everything in them.
    The apostles identified Jesus as the holy servant OF the one to whom they prayed, ie: the holy servant OF God the Creator of all things.

End of story.

Hi Mike,

Please refer to my last posts

IT’S ALL THERE FOR YOUR CARNAL RATIONAL MIND!

BUT TO REMIND YOU!

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SIMPLY 

KEEP YOUR RATIONAL MIND

DEAD! 

SO THE HOLY SPIRIT WORKS ALL MY HIMSELF, 

WITH HIS SPIRITUAL MIND

HE IS THE SERVANT THIS TIME 

HE IS SERVING JESUS CHRIST  John16:12-15

IT IS HIS TASK 

THROUGH OUR MOST BLESSED MOTHER MARY

TO MAKE YOU ANOTHER

JESUS

AS SHE 2000 years ago ALREADY DID ALL HUMANITY EMBODIED

IN JESUS BY

THE HOLY SPIRIT

mikeboll64
    Blocked

LU: Mike, here is the million dollar question…

Do you NEED JESUS?

No.  Jesus is required for eternal salvation.  Do I NEED eternal salvation?  No.  But since I have a dim hope for eternal salvation, yes, I need Jesus to attain that goal.  Why?  Because no one can come to the Father by any other means.  Why?  Because the Father has established it that way.  He didn’t have to establish it that way, as we can learn from Jesus himself…

Matthew 26

39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”

42 He went away a second time and prayed, “My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.”

See?  Even Jesus knew that his and our God COULD HAVE achieved His goal many different ways.  The way God chose was to have the beginning of His creation be His sacrificial lamb for us… and the door through which we must enter to get to our God.

Which brings up another point you apparently never consider.  If Jesus IS God, they why come through him to get TO God?  Haven’t we already arrived AT God just by getting to Jesus?  It’s like saying you can have everlasting life if you touch a certain golden doorknob.  There are only two of them in existence.  One is hidden deep inside this dangerous and treacherous cave… and the other is on the door leading into the cave!  Who in their right mind would risk life and limb to journey deep into the dangerous cave when they can just touch the doorknob that’s on the door to the cave and receive the very same benefit ?  🤣😂

So I need Jesus BECAUSE our and Jesus’ God chose it to be that way.  It wasn’t Jesus’ choice to be the door.  It was his choice, however, to align his lesser will with the greater will of his and our Ultimate Master, YHVH.

Now, back to YOUR million dollar question that you keep trying to hem and haw around, by coming up with weak arguments like my son granted me the power to become a father.  🙄

Is it true that Jesus can do nothing without his and our Father and God?  YES or NO, please.

Is it true that our Father and God can do nothing without his servant Jesus?  YES or NO, please.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

LU:  I am perfectly aware that Jerusalem is called YHVH our Righteousness after Jesus whose name is YHVH our Righteousness.

I wasn’t aware that Jerusalem was named after Jesus.  Where can I read about that in scripture?

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

Is that all you need Jesus for…your salvation? Did he not create you? Can you defeat satan without Jesus? Can you have the Holy Spirit within you apart from Jesus? Can you be part of the church apart from Jesus? Are you even held together apart from Jesus?

Btw, Jerusalem is where Jesus became our righteousness, it is where he died and rose again and it is where he will rule from. Jesus is named “YHVH our Righteousness” so is Jerusalem. It’s not hard to associate the city to the person of the same name.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

LU:  …the Father chooses to display his power through the Son’s own power who can do anything the Father can do, btw. In other words, if the Father can do it, the Son can do it by the Son’s own strength and ability. The Father and the Son have the same strength and ability because they have the same essence, perfect, eternal essence.

What?  Are you even aware that your claims contradict Jesus’ own claims?  Here are just four examples…

John 5:30 
    I cannot do anything on my own…

John 14:28

…the Father is greater than I.

Mark 13:32

But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Mark 10:40

but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant…

All four of them directly contradict your claims.  And there are many more.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

You said:

Which brings up another point you apparently never consider.  If Jesus IS God, they why come through him to get TO God?  Haven’t we already arrived AT God just by getting to Jesus?  It’s like saying you can have everlasting life if you touch a certain golden doorknob.  There are only two of them in existence.  One is hidden deep inside this dangerous and treacherous cave… and the other is on the door leading into the cave!  Who in their right mind would risk life and limb to journey deep into the dangerous cave when they can just touch the doorknob that’s on the door to the cave and receive the very same benefit ?

You don’t have eternal life unless you have “both doorknobs”(as you say), the Father and the Son.

You asked:

Is it true that Jesus can do nothing without his and our Father and God? YES or NO, please.

Is it true that our Father and God can do nothing without his servant Jesus? YES or NO, please.

My answers:

Yes, it is true that Jesus can do nothing without his and our Father and God.

Yes, it is true that our Father and God can do nothing without his servant Jesus.

Viewing 20 posts - 20,461 through 20,480 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account