Mikeboll’s belief in a flat world

Viewing 20 posts - 5,341 through 5,360 (of 6,415 total)
  • Author
    Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@berean

Yes, this would be the situation if people were living on a big ball.
    It’s absurd and complete nonsense to believe that people are standing, ships are sailing and planes are flying upside down on certain parts of Earth while others tilted at 90 degrees and all other impossible angles.
    Look at the following picture. It will help you to see through the nonsense.

ffff

Proclaimer
    Participant

Dabbs.

You believe in downity.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Dishonesty

Proclaimer
    Participant

Flat Earther Tries to Debunk the Most Famous Photo in History

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@t8

A sphere where people on the other side live with their feet above their heads, where rain, snow and hail fall upwards, where trees and crops grow upside-down and the sky is lower than the ground is pure imagination.

Imagine rain, snow and hail fall upwards.
    Wake up, Proclaimer and all other globe believers!
    It’s time to use your God given common sense.
    We are not living on a big ball.

Berean
    Participant

Hi Danny Dabbs

TELL ME, IF IT WAS SO IMPORTANT TO REALLY KNOW THE SHAPE OF THE EARTH, WHY JESUS DIDN’T GIVE US A LITTLE REMINDER: HEY FRIENDS, REMEMBER, THE EARTH IS….
    GLOBE OR FLAT!

IS IT SO IMPORTANT TO ACHIEVE REPENTANCE AND BE SAVED TO KNOW IF THE EARTH IS A GLOBE OR SOME OTHERWISE?

Secret things belong to the Lord our God, but revealed things belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law. (Deut.29:29)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Flat Earth Documentary Debunked

Eric Dubay documentary debunkings cut into one giant video. Over 100 minutes of debunking!

Make a coffee then watch this banger of a video.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@berean

Hi Danny Dabbs

TELL ME, IF IT WAS SO IMPORTANT TO REALLY KNOW THE SHAPE OF THE EARTH, WHY JESUS DIDN’T GIVE US A LITTLE REMINDER: HEY FRIENDS, REMEMBER, THE EARTH IS….
    GLOBE OR FLAT!

IS IT SO IMPORTANT TO ACHIEVE REPENTANCE AND BE SAVED TO KNOW IF THE EARTH IS A GLOBE OR SOME OTHERWISE?

Secret things belong to the Lord our God, but revealed things belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law. (Deut.29:29)

I don’t know.
    As I said, the most important thing is the gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
    But it is also important to expose all lies.

Proclaimer
    Participant

youre-wrong

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Danny Dabbs……..the flat earth is a “LIE”,  a big LIE brother.  But i think we have all had about enough of it by now.  The “most important” thing, is the Godpel Jesus brought us about the Kingdom of God, and “His” (GOD the Fathers)  rightiousness?  You are right about that brother.

Peace and love to you and your Danny………gene

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Trust your God given common sense.

frt

Proclaimer
    Participant

This FE Map gets the Southern Hemisphere almost right

This FE map makes more sense to people living in the Southern Hemisphere. Whatever map you come up with and what is certain, is you have to sacrifice a hemisphere.

For me here in New Zealand, the south orientated azimuthal equidistant projection placing Antarctica in the centre is equally valid. Thereby negating the ENTIRE north biased flat earth doctrine. That is to say all of it!!

FE-South-Projection

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Mike: Can you see that God named the firmament “HEAVEN” – not “the sky”?  Can you see that the firmament supports waters that are above it?  What exactly are the waters above “the sky” that are being supported by the sky?

Also, if “heaven” already existed in Gen 1:1 like you claim, why would God have to create “heaven” on Day 2?

Proclaimer, your very first statement contradicts the Bible.  Please ADDRESS this fact.  Thanks.

Proclaimer:  Yes, God called the firmament, heaven.

Good… a starting off point.

Proclaimer:  Then God said, “Let the waters abound with an abundance of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the face of the firmament of the heavens.”

This is the closest to the Hebrew text of all the versions you posted.  Birds don’t fly IN the firmament, but across the FACE of it.  Just like in Gen 1:2, the Holy Spirit wasn’t hovering IN the waters, but over the FACE of them.

Proclaimer:  You see Mike. After God made the heavens and the earth, he then created birds to fly in the expanse of heaven and he placed the sun and moon in that expanse. typically we call that the sky. It’s not a big deal Mike.

Slow down.  You keep trying to tell your entire story all at once so you can skim over the important points I’m trying to make.

So far we both agree that it was the firmament that God named “heaven”, right?  What about the other questions in my quote above?

1.  Can you see that the firmament supports waters that are above it?  What exactly are the waters above “the sky” that are being supported by the sky?

Please address this point, Proclaimer.  And remember that the waters are ABOVE the firmament that God named “heaven”, not IN them.  What are these waters in your understanding?

2.  Also, if “heaven” already existed in Gen 1:1 like you claim, why would God have to create “heaven” on Day 2?

Please address this point, Proclaimer.  Your interpretation relies on God creating heaven AFTER heaven already existed, God creating earth AFTER earth already existed, and God creating the sun, moon and stars AFTER they already existed.

So please directly address these two points that you ignored – even though you quoted them in your response.  Thanks.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Proclaimer:  If true, it opens up the possibility of epochs. Different worlds and ages that have existed on this planet. Maybe washed clean to create anew.

2 Peter 3:5-6… But they deliberately overlook the fact that long ago by God’s word the heavens existed and the earth was formed from water and by water, through which the world of that time perished in the flood.

The Bible:  Earth formed from water and by water… the SAME water that later engulfed the earth in Noah’s day.

Scientism:  “When the Earth formed, it would have been entirely molten due to the release of gravitational energy…”  http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/about-us/43-our-solar-system/the-earth/geology/1080-why-is-earth-s-core-molten-intermediate

Proclaimer, please reconcile these two conflicting accounts.  Thanks.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Mike:  How could you possibly suggest that an eclipse (about 2 minutes of DARKNESS) is in any way related to a request for an extended period of DAYLIGHT?

Proclaimer:  Mike, this is something that I am not focussing on right now.

It doesn’t take a lot of focus, Proclaimer.  The Bible passage that describes the event takes about 40 seconds to read.  Of course, if you’re searching high and low all over the internet to “gather around you a great number of teachers to say what your itching ears want to hear” (2 Tim 4:3), then I guess it could be quite time consuming.  But probably not as time consuming as writing a 1000 word essay about how you don’t have time to discuss this matter. 😉

Proclaimer:  The theory for the eclipse is that Joshua wanted the sun to be silent or stop shining because it was in the heat of the day. An an eclipse would certainly achieve that…

Yeah… for about two and a half minutes.  😅

Proclaimer:  Joshua called out to God for help, and he commanded the “sun to stand still.” But the sun was already standing still.

Do you see your dilemma?  God wouldn’t tell a sun that was already standing still to stand still, would He?

Proclaimer:  It was early morning when he made his request as evidenced by the position of the moon in the valley of Aijalon (to the west) and the position of the sun over Gibeon (to the east) in verse 12.

Do you see your dilemma?  Solar eclipses only happen during the New Moon phase… when the moon travels across the sky right with the sun.  During New Moon, you can’t even see the moon for about 3 days.  So the fact that both sun and moon were in the sky (and in very different places) should tell you that it wasn’t a solar eclipse – especially when you believe those are caused by the moon passing in front of the sun for a few minutes.  How could a moon in the west pass in front of and eclipse the sun in the east?

Proclaimer:  …other cultures have recorded this special day too in their writings.

Yes… as a day that lasted a really long time – not as an eclipse that lasted for 2 minutes.

Proclaimer…

1.  Solar eclipses don’t happen when you can see the moon during the daytime.

2.  Solar eclipses don’t happen when the sun and moon are in very different positions in the sky.

3.  Solar eclipses can make a small area of the earth dark for about 2 minutes – which would do what, exactly, for Joshua?

So let’s stop beating around the bush and deal with the elephant in the room:

God commanded the sun to stand still in the middle of heaven, and the sun obeyed.  Neither the commandment nor the obeisance would be possible unless the sun was moving.

Please reconcile this fact with your worldview.  Thanks.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Proclaimer:  I am not calling Tyson a liar for saying you cannot see the curve at 40km high. But you have to believe that Shatner is lying to us or that he is mistaken. But really, the latter doesn’t seem possible. He either saw it or he didn’t. So you have to hold the view that he is lying to us right? This is not a false accusation. It is simple logic derived from your arguments.

I see.  So Shatner could either be telling the truth, intentionally lying, OR honestly mistaken?  But when you apply things to me that I never even said about Shatner in the first place, the only two options are that he is either telling the truth or lying?

And although I never actually said a single thing about Shatner in the first place, when you post a meme of him with the caption: “Mike says Shatner is lying”, you’re not really making a false accusation against me?

Okay, tiger.  🙄  How about you just stop attributing claims to me that I haven’t actually made?

By the way, from a CNN Tyson interview…

Now, famous astrophysicist and science communicator Neil deGrasse Tyson has come out expressing doubts if we can call where Branson flew as space…  “I don’t even know if you’re going to see the curvature. I did some calculations and I think not. If you are 2 millimeters from the surface of this globe, you don’t have the full perspective. It is a visual effect that you get from 50 miles up (about 80 kilometers). So have fun,” he said.

https://www.dnaindia.com/science/report-richard-branson-did-not-travel-to-space-says-famous-scientist-neil-degrasse-tyson-virgin-galactic-2900560

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Proclaimer: I think Mike has a point.

If you are going to believe in 6 x 24 hour creation days even before man and the sun were created, then you might as well go the whole hog and embrace the four corners of the world, the final hour being 60 minutes, and Jesus coming back with a literal sword coming out of his mouth.

Well, let’s at least compare apples to apples…

1.  And the LORD said, “You are to build the tabernacle with four corners because I created the earth with four corners.”   Now would the four corners of the earth be literal?

2.  And the LORD said, “You are to sanctify the last 60 minutes of the Sabbath as holy, for in the last hour, I will judge the entire world in 60 minutes.”   Now would the last hour be literal?

3.  And the LORD said to Jeremiah, “Go out among the Israelites in the city with a blade protruding out of your mouth and tell them, ‘For in this way will the Son of Man return from heaven and slaughter his enemies.'”   Now would the sword be literal?

So yeah, if God had said these things the way He said, “Work for six days and rest on the seventh BECAUSE I created for six days and rested on the seventh”, then we’d have a very good reason to take those other things literally as well.

And then when you add in the fact that the plural word “days” has NEVER been used idiomatically to refer to multiple individual unspecified periods of time, it’s a no-brainer for rational truth-seeking people.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Berean:  NO WHAT TO MAKE A CONTROVERSY, AND CUT YOUR HAIR IN FOUR… 

That is an interesting saying that I’ve never heard.  What does it mean in your culture?  Give an example if your don’t mind.  👍

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene:  Proclaimer…….Your arguing against pure stupidity, it’s simply a waste of time. 

Everyone pay heed to Gene here.  He saw the spinning ball on TV, and therefore it’s got to be real! 😎

Berean
    Participant

Hi Mike

Verbal phrase. (figurative) To be too precise or meticulous. Quibble.

Why do we say split the hair in four?
    It was in the 17th century that this expression appeared in the form of “splitting your hair in four”. It represents excessive care taken to do something. One can indeed imagine that trying to cut a hair in four is lost in advance, and above all useless.

Mike, for me and I’m not the only one luckily the days in Genesis 1 are 24 hours like everything else in the bible when talking about the regular days of the week and most countries in the world have finally adopted.
    It seems so obvious to me…

The expression “splitting hairs” that I used in spite was perhaps not the most appropriate…
    There are so many expressions in everyday language that we use in France, it’s pretty much (one more expression…) but we understand each other and that’s the main thing.
    I will try to be clearer for everyone in the future, because we must have a sanctified language.

🙏

Viewing 20 posts - 5,341 through 5,360 (of 6,415 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account