Mikeboll’s belief in a flat world

Viewing 20 posts - 5,181 through 5,200 (of 6,415 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Why don’t satellites show city streets in Australia upside down?

They could therefore also zoom in on the “side” of the ball from their position, and show us tall buildings on their sides

If you could, wouldn’t you just rotate the image or camera so it makes sense to our brain. Sometimes people post images that are sideways and they are annoying.

That said, satellites look straight down because they are in a locked orbit. Where else would you put the camera. If it looks off to the side, then the camera has to look farther and see through more atmosphere meaning less quality imagery which seems like a dumb thing to do. If you are going to spend that kind of money, then you place the camera looking directly down to maximise the quality of the images.

But think for a minute here @mikeboll64, you want to see streets sideways or upside down, right? i think you are having another three dimensional problem. Lol. If I was in orbit and upside down in orientation compared to the North Pole, then Canada would look upside down right? Of course you somehow assume that everything in orbit would always match the orientation of the North Pole. But if Canada appeared upside down because I was 180 degrees flipped the other way in space, when I zoomed into a Canadian city, would the streets appear upside down? No. You would simply be looking down at streets from above. To think that the streets would be upside down would assume that all streets are in the same direction for this to happen. But streets point in all the different directions, yet none of them would appear upside down ever.

See if you can figure out that mystery Mike. Why are none of the streets upside down or sideways when the camera is upside down or sideways to the earth? Maybe because you are looking down from above? Some food for thought Mike.

If you can’t visualise it, then go to https://earth.google.com/

Now search on Vancouver. Once the pin is there, zoom out to the globe, flip the earth upside down, then locate Canada and zoom in to the pin that points to Vancouver. Now look at the streets. What do you see? Canadians doing handstands?

Now flip the earth back so the north pole is at the top. Search on Sydney. Same thing. No upsidedowness caused by downity. Flip the earth the other way and go back to Sydney. Upside down now? No.

Nothing to see here folks.

Berean
    Participant

Hi Mike,

You: “In the Bible, the word “earth” refers only to the dry land portion of our world on which humans live. It never refers to the whole world “land AND sea” – but only to the dry part of the ground.”

I’m not convinced Mike.

DON’T FORGET “THE CONTEXT” of the biblical passage.

And so depending on the context,

it can ALSO mean “the inhabitants of the earth”

SEE” 👉 Gen.11

[1] And all the earth was of one tongue and one word.

God bless

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes, they inhabit land. When they are on the sea, they are on a voyage. That said, it may be possible that earth can mean the planet in the bible, but you need to provide evidence of that.

God called the dry land “earth,” and the gathering of waters He called “seas.”

Earth was first used as the name of the sphere of the Earth in the early fifteenth century according to Wikipedia for what that is worth.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike…….tell that to the international space station, as it goes around our earth every day, 24/7.  Do you actuall think they are seening a “flat” earth.  As they are going around it, taking pictures for anyone to see anytime they want.  What part of your mind can’t comperhend it? Anyone who has any doubt the earth is not a sphere can at anytime observe what ISS is seeing.  That alone should remove all doubt about the earth being A SPHERE OR NOT,  that is, in any “nornal” persons mind?  

IT’S AVAILABLE FOR ANYONE TO SEE , “RIGHT NOW”,  ON ANY COMPUTTER OR TABLET,  24 HOURS A DAY, Every day, proof is right before your very own eyes,  to see for yourself.

Peace and love to you and yours Mike………..gene

Berean
    Participant

Proclaimer

It was just to say that “IN THE BIBLE the word ‘EARTH’ can mean anything other than the dry, habitable part of the earth. Genesis 11:1 is proof of that. It is true that it is not the most common use.And so, it cannot be said, without making the text lie, that the word “EARTH IS NOT EXCLUSIVELY RESERVED TO MEAN THE EARTH ELEMENT OF EARTH.🌻

Berean
    Participant

Error

And so, it cannot be said, without making the text lie, that the word “EARTH IS  EXCLUSIVELY RESERVED TO MEAN THE EARTH ELEMENT OF EARTH.

Berean
    Participant

EXODUS 9

[29] And Moses said unto him, As soon as I am gone out of the city, I will spread abroad my hands unto the LORD; and the thunder shall cease, neither shall there be any more hail; that thou mayest know how that THE EARTH is the LORD’s.

This text can very well be interpreted “by WHOLE EARTH” (Sky, earth and sea….) For me, I understand it like that.
    I don’t make it a question of SALVATION.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@mikeboll64 @t8

Hi Mike, Proclaimer and all others,

I’m now convinced that our earth is NOT a globe!
    I will share with you the argument that got
    me finally to see the truth.
    It’s from the article “200 Proofs Earth is Not a Spinning Ball”
    by Eric Dubay.

113) The idea that people are standing, ships are sailing and planes are flying upside down on certain parts of Earth while others tilted at 90 degrees and all other impossible angles is complete absurdity. The idea that a man digging a hole straight down could eventually reach sky on the other side is ludicrous. Common sense tells every free-thinking person correctly that there truly is an “up” and “down” in nature, unlike the “everything is relative” rhetoric of the Newtonian/Einsteinian paradigm.

I wonder why I didn’t see this.
    …there truly is an “up” and “down” in nature…!!!

God bless you all.

Berean
    Participant

To all

Those who will have prepared to meet the Lord JEDUS IN THE AIR, TO BE WITH HIM FOREVER (in heaven for 1000 years, then on the recreated EARTH) WILL SEE IF THE EARTH IS FLAT OR ROUND, YOU DO NOT BELIEVE… .? FOR THEY WILL GO TO HEAVEN TOWARDS THE FATHER WITH JESUS, AND THEY WILL SEE THE EARTH (SEEN FROM ABOVE)

I LONG FOR THIS DAY, TO BE WITH JESUS FOREVER ON A LAND WHERE JUSTICE Dwells.

[15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
    [16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:

and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 

[17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:

and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 

Amen!

Proclaimer
    Participant

Congratulations Mike, you have a disciple. An interesting development that will help when I write my essay on the flat earth. I’ll have to be honest in my assessment and say that FEers are not the sharpest tools in the shed. And I can give some real reasons why they join this cult. I may mention Mr Dabbs reason for the conversion to demonstrate how a cult works and how they prey on the vulnerable. This has been very interesting to watch first hand.

Proclaimer
    Participant

This is Ranty.
    Ranty was a flat earther and when you go flat you never go back, they say.
    But Ranty did his own research and found out that the earth isn’t flat.
    Ranty decided to stop believing the FE lies.
    Ranty is smart.
    Be like Ranty.

Proclaimer
    Participant

This self-proclaimed high IQ genius is an expert apparently

But saying high IQ and flat earth in the same sentence is an oxymoron.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Eric Dubay Debunked

Enjoy.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@t8

I’m not Mike’s disciple.
    Anyway, you didn’t refute the argument.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Which argument?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Proclaimer:  Geologists study rocks, minerals, landforms, climates and biota, including the processes that affect them. It’s not just rocks Mike. Some of these processes rely on the fact that the earth is a globe.

Name one, please.  Thanks.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Plate tectonics.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Water flying off the earth argument debunked again

Here is a graphic showing how much water is on planet earth. It is not as flat earthers imagine where the deep sea trenches a like big holes filled with water.

all-the-worlds-water

In truth, the water layer over the earth we call oceans may seem deep, but it is a thin film. Even less water than a soaked tennis ball.

The mistake flat earthers make is that they picture an earth like a tennis ball with deep holes and trenches in it. They do this because they do not comprehend how big the earth is. The lack of scale is one of their biggest problems and it leads to many a misunderstanding. The Marianas Trench has a maximum known depth of 10,984 metres. But the diameter of earth is a whopping 12,742 kilometres. So at least a thousand time bigger, but less so overall, as the average depth of the world’s oceans 3700 metres.

That said, a tennis ball or a planet travelling one spin every 24 hours will still project water outward, albeit not flying off like FE imagine. So there is a force there. But gravity more than matches that force and makes things fall toward the centre of the mass which in this case is the centre of the earth. But the mass of the tennis ball is tiny, so it will more susceptible to flinging water outward than our planet.. So if the tennis ball’s water is not flying off as you imagine, then less so a giant ball like a planet.

Further, think of gravity and how it makes things fall. Now think of a plane flying. How is this possible? The plane is obeying another law called aerodynamics. So the stronger law supersedes the other. Another example is law of gravity which makes the apple fall to the ground. But it stops immediately when it hits the ground because of the law of electromagnetism, a force that is way stronger.

Now back to earth. Water doesn’t fly off because the planet is not spinning wildly like FErs seem to demonstrate. And the influence of gravity easily supersedes the weak outward force caused by one spin every 24 hours.

Remember this, God is the law giver. These laws are evidence of God or at least a mind. Laws come an intelligent conscious mind. They are not tangible created objects.

DEBUNK STATUS: Debunked.

DEBUNK DIFFICULTY: Medium.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Carmel: Mike,

HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT GOD ONLY SAID SO, AND NEVER SAW THE EARTH?

ONLY MOSES  WROTE/SAID SO,  NOT GOD! NO?

Did Moses make up the creation account on his own, Carmel?  Or was he in direct communication with the Creator and it was the Creator that told Moses about these events that occurred before Moses even existed?

Here’s where my argument comes from:  When God said let dry land appear, God named that dry land “earth”.  There is a different Hebrew word for “dry land” and “earth”.  God specifically named the dry land part of our world “earth”.

So if darkness was over the great deep and God’s Holy Spirit was hovering over the face of the waters… where was the “dry land” that God eventually named “earth”?

It was non-existent at that point, since there was nothing but the waters from which the earth would be formed. (2 Pet 3:5)

The word often translated as “formless” also means “nothingness” according to Strong, and is actually translated as “nothing” in Isaiah 49:4.  The word often translated as “void” also means “emptiness”, and is translated as that in Isaiah 34:11.

Gen 1:2…  Now the earth was NOTHINGNESS and EMPTINESS, and darkness was over the surface of the deep…

All there was at that time was “the deep”, ie: the waters from which the earth would be formed.

What say you?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Danny:  I wonder why I didn’t see this.
    …there truly is an “up” and “down” in nature…!!!

Keep reading and watching vids.  There is SO MUCH stuff that simply couldn’t be if we lived on a spinning ball.  My biggest and easiest proof is simply that we see too far.  If we lived on the ball they tell us we do, the ground MUST fall away from you at the rate of 8 inches per mile squared.

That means that a person one mile away from you will have 8 inches of his legs missing – because they are blocked from your view by the curvature of the earth.  At two miles away, 32 inches will be missing, and at three miles away, 6 feet of that person will be hidden behind the curve of the earth.

The formula for two miles would be 2 squared, which is 4… times 8 inches = 32

For three miles, it’s 3 squared, which is 9… times 8 inches = 72″/6′

For four miles, it’s 4 squared, which is 16… times 8 inches = 128’/10.6′

And so on and so on… up to about 500 miles.

So let’s say you’re looking across 55 miles of Lake Michigan to Chicago…

That’s 55 squared, which is 3025… times 8 inches = 24,200.  That is 2016 feet.  And that means the city of Chicago is 2016 feet behind the curve from your view.  The tallest building in Chicago is 1800 feet, so the very tip of the tallest building should still be 200 feet behind the earth’s curve and out of your view.  So then what’s this?

Chicago Skyline

Yes, the bottoms of the buildings are disappearing into the haze – which also happens to cars on the highway on a hot day.  Most of us have seen the “water” on the road in the distance, and the bottom of distant cars disappearing into it.

But the point is that majority of those buildings can be seen from 55 miles away – when the tallest point of the tallest one should be more than 200 behind the curve!

There is so much more even to this point, Danny.  We’ll keep talking as you keep searching.  👍🙂🙏

Viewing 20 posts - 5,181 through 5,200 (of 6,415 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account