Examination of the incarnation doctrine.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,201 through 2,220 (of 3,216 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Paladin @ Aug. 21 2011,16:40)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 21 2011,04:21)
    Paladin

Pierre

So, tell me Pierre, do you believe brimstone is in heaven?

What about hail?

Floodwater?
    I await your response.

where did angel come from ?, or where the Law came from that Moses received ?,where is the soul of man comes from ?

where is all of creation comes from ?,where is God ?

where is Gabriel the angel from ? where his the house of God and Christ ? where is the house that Christ when to prepare for his apostles ?

I also would like that you respond to me

Pierre

That might be the way you are used to playing games Pierrem but I do not. You see, on my board, when I ask a question, I expect participants to participate, not usurp the board.

If you don't have an answer, it is because you see the trap you make for yourself.

Of you only want to cause confusion, keep asking your own questions instead of responding to the post.

I will not play the game.

Paladin

you think I like to play your game,?

no I do not,

you response came from what i told Gene ,

and you are sharing is view and do not believe in the preexistence of Christ ,so if you read all my comments you will see I am not playing at all,

and that is why I have given the answer you have read ,

do you think I do not know that God uses his own creation to punish men for their corruption ,and so uses water, volcanic ash,storms, and so on,,,,,

and that all those item are in the earth sphere,

but that was not what I was talking about ,I was talking about what I have answered you,

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 21 2011,02:03)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 20 2011,02:23)
    Hi Gene,

I believe we along with Jesus all preexisted.
    There are a number of Scriptures to indicate this.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

ED J………..What did we “exist” as i have no memory of any preexistence at all. I know what you are referencing though , where it say “FOR WHOM HE FOREKNEW HE ALSO PREDESTINED TO BE CONFORMED TO THE IMAGE OF HIS DEAR SON.  And a few similar scriptures, however you need to understand GOD calls thing into existence before they ever existed. When God predestines something to happen it will happen because he will bring it about by his power and might. If you preexisted your berth what were you and who were you?. What did you do in that preexistent state, perhaps you could shed some light on this for us Brother.

peace and love…………………………………………gene

Hi Gene,

I personally believe we all preexisted;
    Here are some more verses for you to consider.

Rev.12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil,
    and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth,
    and his angels were cast out with him.
    His angels that were cast to earth, how did they arrive;  perhaps through birth?

Jude 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear:
    clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth,
    without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
    What does 'twice dead' mean? Could these be the angels of Rev.12:9?

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
    Except a man be born of water and the Spirit,
    he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Instead of baptism(symbolizing death), could “born of water” actually mean
    Human birth: Which starts when a woman's water breaks commencing child birth?
    John 3:5 would then mean that the fallen angels ONLY way back to The kingdom of God
    would be to be born of woman as the rest of us were including Jesus!

“Born of the Spirit” is obvious: That is what Jesus calls “Born again”. (John 3:3)
    Compare the term Born Again (John 3:3) with the term 'twice dead'. (Jude 1:12)

Gene, could you please explain what “TWICE DEAD” means to you?

God bless

shimmer
    Participant

Interesting Ed. I have heard of that before. Theres an Early Saint who said something similar. I cant think of his name.

shimmer
    Participant

Origen of Alexandria.

Pastry
    Participant

Ed You got to be kidding me…. The Angels are not born, they were created…. When one third of them sinned, Satan and His Angels where cast out to this earth. They are all around us, not as Human beings….or flesh and blood….

ohn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,

Instead of baptism(symbolizing death), could “born of water” actually mean…
    John 3:5 would then mean that the fallen angels ONLY way back to The kingdom of God

This is not according to Scriptures….
    Where do you see this in Scriptures….

We are born again at Baptism and now called the Sons of God….or born from above is a better explanation…Irene

Pastry
    Participant

Shimmer! I looked this up, I don't believe this either, because it is not according to any Scrioptures that all preexisted as Jesus did…..but it is interesting..

School of Alexandria · Basil of Caesarea · Jerome · Augustine

Origen (Greek: Ὠριγένης Ōrigénēs), or Origen Adamantius, 184/5–253/4,[1] was an early Christian Alexandrian scholar and theologian, and one of the most distinguished writers of the early Church. As early as the fourth century, his orthodoxy was suspect, in part because he believed in the pre-existence of souls. The works of such 20th-century scholars as Henri de Lubac, SJ, and Jean Daniélou, SJ, have rehabilitated his reputation as a first-rate theologian. Today he is regarded as one of the Church Fathers.[2]

Origen excelled in multiple branches of theological scholarship, including textual criticism, biblical interpretation, philosophical theology, preaching, and spirituality. Some of his teachings, however, quickly became controversial. Notably, he frequently referred to his hypothesis of the preexistence of souls. As in the beginning all intelligent beings were united to God, Origen also held out the possibility, though he did not assert so definitively, that in the end all beings, perhaps even the devil himself, would be reconciled to God in what is called the apokatastasis (“restitution”). Origen's views on the Trinity, in which he saw the Son of God as subordinate to God the Father, became controversial during the Arian controversy of the fourth century, though a subordinationist view was common among the ante-Nicene Fathers. A group who came to be known as Origenists, and who firmly believed in the preexistence of souls and the apokatastasis, were declared anathema in the 6th century. This condemnation is attributed to the Second Ecumenical Council of Constantinople, though it does not appear in the council's official minutes.[3] Few scholars today believe that Origen should be blamed, as he commonly was in the past, for tentatively putting forward hypotheses, later judged heretical, on certain philosophical problems during a time when Christian doctrine was somewhat unclear on said problems.

Irene

shimmer
    Participant

Irene, it seems Origen believed in Reincarnation too,

I was just reading HERE

I like this bit: A multitude of near-death accounts affirm that God is not concerned about the theology that people profess; rather it is the inward spirituality that matters most….  it is the life we are currently living that is important.

shimmer
    Participant
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 21 2011,18:48)
    Ed You got to be kidding me…. The Angels are not born, they were created…. When one third of them sinned, Satan and His Angels where cast out to this earth.  They are all around us, not as Human beings….or flesh and blood….

We are born again at Baptism and now called the Sons of God….or born from above is a better explanation…Irene

Hi Irene,

What do you think “twice dead” means?

God bless

Pastry
    Participant

Shimmer! I read some of the article on reincarnation….. At first thought it is a myth, and I don't believe it. However I do remember a long time ago, I was cleaning the Bathtub, and it felt like I had done this before a long time ago…. It was a weird feeling…. But I don't put to much believe in it…. I also don't believe in NDE… It has been proven that at time of death the brain function feels like you are floating or something… don't remember all of the program on it…. the Bible says the death know nothing…all of this is very interesting though…. I will read some more on the Article on near death…. Haven;t gone there yet… need to do this later…. Thank you for bringing this to us….Irene

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 21 2011,20:19)

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 21 2011,18:48)
    Ed You got to be kidding me…. The Angels are not born, they were created…. When one third of them sinned, Satan and His Angels where cast out to this earth.  They are all around us, not as Human beings….or flesh and blood….

Hi Irene,

God bless

Ed!  I really don't know… Jude explains it as being evil so I don;t even want to know… I stay away from evil…. This society is getting more and more evil already to look it up, I don't want to do that at all…. One more thing, the second death is the Lake of Fire and from there no one will live again….
    Jud 1:17   But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;  

Jud 1:18   How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.  

Remember this always… Irene

shimmer
    Participant

Irene, forget that site! It has a lot of “different” things in it, best to stay away probably.

I dont believe in reincarnation either though I do believe in SOME near death experiences, not all.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 21 2011,21:32)
    However I do remember a long time ago, I was cleaning the Bathtub, and it felt like I had done this before a long time ago…. It was a weird feeling….

Irene maybe you HAD cleaned the bathtub many times before, haha.

I know what your meaning. They call it 'Deja vu'.

Iv had that. I might look into it more out of curiosity.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

ED J…………I believe Twice Dead means dead in the life and the life to come. Remember when Jesus said “let the dead bury the dead”. You can be Physically alive but Spiritually dead. I don't like reading into thing what is not specifically spoken we all do this at time though. The only thing i can say about this is that i personally do not recall any Past existence of any kind, so i conclude i never existed in any past state of existence, why should i seeing i have no recall of any, We need to watch or we can fall into all kinds of speculations, it can be interesting but sound teachings require sound reasoning. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (shimmer @ Aug. 21 2011,03:47)

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 21 2011,21:32)
    However I do remember a long time ago, I was cleaning the Bathtub, and it felt like I had done this before a long time ago…. It was a weird feeling….

Irene maybe you HAD cleaned the bathtub many times before, haha.

:D :laugh: :D

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 22 2011,00:56)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 21 2011,02:03)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 20 2011,02:23)
    Hi Gene,

I believe we along with Jesus all preexisted.
    There are a number of Scriptures to indicate this.

God bless

ED J………..What did we “exist” as i have no memory of any preexistence at all. I know what you are referencing though , where it say “FOR WHOM HE FOREKNEW HE ALSO PREDESTINED TO BE CONFORMED TO THE IMAGE OF HIS DEAR SON.  And a few similar scriptures, however you need to understand GOD calls thing into existence before they ever existed. When God predestines something to happen it will happen because he will bring it about by his power and might. If you preexisted your berth what were you and who were you?. What did you do in that preexistent state, perhaps you could shed some light on this for us Brother.

peace and love…………………………………………gene

Hi Gene,

Rev.12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil,
    and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth,
    and his angels were cast out with him.
    His angels that were cast to earth, how did they arrive;  perhaps through birth?

Jude 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear:
    clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth,
    without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
    What does 'twice dead' mean? Could these be the angels of Rev.12:9?

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,

Instead of baptism(symbolizing death), could “born of water” actually mean

“Born of the Spirit” is obvious: That is what Jesus calls “Born again”. (John 3:3)
    Compare the term Born Again (John 3:3) with the term 'twice dead'. (Jude 1:12)

Gene, could you please explain what “TWICE DEAD” means to you?

God bless

edj

none of the verses you quote are supporting what you are state ting;

only Christ preexisted his live as man ,

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

edj

we have only received one live to live in this world then come judgment ,if we do not produce fruits that give as live in the future then we only have live ones but die twice,

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene? Gene? Where did you go?

Have you abandoned our discussion?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Miek ……………not really what is it you want to know Mike?

peace and love………………………………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 23 2011,08:34)
    Miek ……………not really what is it you want to know Mike?

peace and love………………………………….gene

gene

this is funny

:D :laugh: :D :laugh: :laugh: :D

Viewing 20 posts - 2,201 through 2,220 (of 3,216 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account