Examination of the incarnation doctrine.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,081 through 2,100 (of 3,216 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Paladin @ July 30 2011,10:57)

Where do you go to find understanding about “Nehushtan” Ed? And where do you read of his final effect upon men?

Hi Paladin,

Huh?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 30 2011,13:47)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 30 2011,13:10)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 29 2011,08:30)
    Mike………..Do you see what you do Here, you change context of what i and scripture says, I said that Jesus was not talking about the (person) but their (lives) they lead.  His focus was not about the person at all but about their LIVES. Mike this is what you do with most everything being discussed Here you create confusion and use it to confuse the truth of Scriptures by distort the context of scriptures. That is your expertise and prevents all true progress and growth here. IMO

peace and love…………………………………..gene

Gene,

The words don't say to hate your mother's LIFE.  Nor her DEEDS.  They simply say “hate your mother…………”.

Is this yet another scripture you must add your own words into to make it form around YOUR OWN understanding?

Gene, I thought FOR ONCE you and I could have a grown-up discussion.  You have proved me wrong once again.  :(

Hi Mike and Gene:

Maybe the following scripture will help:

Matthew 10:37
    He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

Excellent post!   …that sums-up the meaning of “Love Less” pretty much!

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Marty……..The issue in your post is dealing with the degree of LOVE toward others as opposed to Jesus, while the issue Jesus was dealing with in the other Post of “HATE” was dealing with a persons “LIFE”, and nothing to do with love of the Person , But his (LIFE) he or she lives. It just that simple no need to complicate any of this. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………….gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Take your own advice Gene. There really is no need to complicate it. The word rendered as “hate” can truly mean “love less” – as you've been shown.

Gene, you should try to learn and grow instead of digging your heels in on every single issue…………..especially when “being right” means you have to add your own words into the scriptures.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike………..Do you see what you do Here, you change context of what i and scripture says, I said that Jesus was not talking about the (person) but their (lives) they lead.  His focus was not about the person at all but about their LIVES. Mike this is what you do with most everything being discussed Here you create confusion and use it to confuse the truth of Scriptures by distort the context of scriptures. That is your expertise and prevents all true progress and growth here. IMO

Gene,

The words don't say to hate your mother's LIFE.  Nor her DEEDS.  They simply say “hate your mother…………”.

Is this yet another scripture you must add your own words into to make it form around YOUR OWN understanding?

Gene, I thought FOR ONCE you and I could have a grown-up discussion.  You have proved me wrong once again.  :(

MIke……..What do you think the word His life (ALSO) Means , Life also mean he was referencing their lives and the live of the Person ALSO It amazes me but does not surprises me how you can muddy up and tare down the truth. Your MO is the same with all your distorted views IMO. You just Can not admit you are in error now can you Mike? and in this way your prevent growth here, The sad part Mike is your dragging others Like Pierre and Irene down with you Mike. Even JK could easily see this as truth the way i presented it.

In fact i am beginning to believe that the Trinitarians are better off then you other preexistences are, becasue at least they can see God's presents (IN) Jesus>  Even though they think that Jesus was the God that was (IN) Him , but never the less they do see GOD'S Presents.

peace and love……………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 31 2011,01:34)
    Take your own advice Gene.  There really is no need to complicate it.  The word rendered as “hate” can truly mean “love less” – as you've been shown.

Gene, you should try to learn and grow instead of digging your heels in on every single issue…………..especially when “being right” means you have to add your own words into the scriptures.

MIke……….I have shown no such thing , this is just another desperate attempt by you to try to confuse the issues, Hate has nothing to do with “LOVE LESS” by comparison as you suppose it does, in fact they are totally opposites. ,  go to any dictionary and see if you can find where they are in anyway connected in like manor,  no they are opposites of each other .  AS i have said Mike you are not about the truth but about just getting your way even if it means distorting the truth. IMO

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 30 2011,08:47)
    MIke……..What do you think the word His life (ALSO) Means ,

Actually Gene,

The scripture says “even his own soul”. What have you to say now?

mike

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 31 2011,01:47)

Gene,

MIke……..What do you think the word His life (ALSO) Means , Life also mean he was referencing their lives and the live of the Person ALSO It amazes me but does not surprises me how you can muddy up and tare down the truth. Your MO is the same with all your distorted views IMO. You just Can not admit you are in error now can you Mike? and in this way your prevent growth here, The sad part Mike is your dragging others Like Pierre and Irene down with you Mike. Even JK could easily see this as truth the way i presented it.

In fact i am beginning to believe that the Trinitarians are better off then you other preexistences are, becasue at least they can see God's presents (IN) Jesus>  Even though they think that Jesus was the God that was (IN) Him , but never the less they do see GOD'S Presents.

Gene! Why is it that you have to take others along with a disagreement with Mike? Even though I agree with most of Mikle's believes, I don;t follow any man. I go by Scriptures only. I also don't add to any Scriptures which you love to do….. So keep me out of your posts to others….Peace Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Amen Irene!  Gene, if you're going to slam ME, then slam ME ONLY!

I've learned way much more FROM Irene and Pierre on this forum than they've learned from me.  

Could it be that it bothers you that all three of us come to mostly the same conclusions on ANY scriptural issue?  Believe me, none of us are following another of us.  We are all just simply reading the scriptures with the Spirit of God in our hearts and therefore come to the same understandings.

mike

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike………..See i knew you would get around to change  what scripture says , My bible say LIFE and Now you come up with “IT ACTUALLY SAY SOUL”.  When in fact Jesus was referencing peoples  lives.  Which of course would include their Souls , but the focus  is the way they live their lives not their souls. This is what i mean you can trash any scripture if you try hard enough and you are a pro at that Mike. Here are some others which go along this subject you can  trash Mike up Jesus meaning LIFE (NOT) Soul.

Mat 10:39…..> He that finds his life shall lose it: and he that loses his life for my sake shall find it.

Mat 16:25 …> For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Mar 8:35 …..> For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospels, the same shall save it.

Luk 9:24….> For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake the same shall save it.

Luk 17:33…..> Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

John 12: 25….> He that “LOVES” his life shall lose it; and he that  “HATES”  his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Do you notice John 12:25 completely backs up what i have said that the scripture concerning the Hating of our father and mothers and sister and brothers and (OUR LIFE) also means.

Mike stop trying to distort the meaning of scriptures by changing there context to meet your pride and arrogance. Jesus meant exactly what he said, we need to “HATE  THEIR LIVES and OUR LIVES ALSO”> JUST that simple no confusion needed by you and your subversive way. IMO

peace and love…………………………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 31 2011,08:08)
    Mike………..See i knew you would get around to change  what scripture says , My bible say LIFE and Now you come up with “IT ACTUALLY SAY SOUL”.

Well Gene,

Let's discuss a couple of problems your understanding has:

1.  Luke 14:26 speaks of hating your mother, etc.  It says NOTHING about hating “the life your mother is leading”.  That is YOUR OWN fabrication.

2.  Marty posted the perfect scripture to end this thing:
    Matthew 10:37
    He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

3.  The Greek word IS “soul”, so why would you accuse me of “changing what the scripture says”?  ???

4.  As to your supporting scriptures, I offfer:
    Matthew 16:26
    What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?

This scripture could also be rendered as “life” Gene.  But that still doesn't change the fact that the word spoken by Jesus himself was “soul”.

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 31 2011,08:08)
    Mike stop trying to distort the meaning of scriptures by changing there context to meet your pride and arrogance. Jesus meant exactly what he said

Right you are, Gene.  And Jesus said “soul”.

peace,
    mike

Paladin
    Participant

Ed wrote:

[/quote]
    I'm surprised how no-one seems to pay attention to “THE CONTEXT” of anyone's posts around here.

and when does the Kingdom of God begin; PERIOD! Stay on track guys.[/size][/b]

O.K. I get it, you want to know when the kingdom of God began…

“In the third month, when the children of Israel were gone forth out of the land of Egypt, the same day came they into the wilderness of Sinai.
    2 For they were departed from Rephidim, and were come to the desert of Sinai, and had pitched in the wilderness; and there Israel camped before the mount.
    3 And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel;
    4 Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.
    5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
    6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
    7 And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him.
    8 And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.”[Exo 19:1-8]

So, is there another kingdom of God referenced anywhere in scripture?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike………Try to screw this one up also , because it also deals with what Jesus was saying about hating your fathers and mothers, and brothers, and sisters (LIFE) and our own (LIFE) (ALSO) The words “LIFE ALSO” ties the lives of the others into the content of the sentence. I will try to keep it simple and short becasue as i have said before, “you can't corner a snake in a brier patch”. Like Paladin and i have both said you don't to seem to be able to get the context right of what is written. Is your Pride and Arrogant preventing that MIKE?.

John 12:25……….> He that loves his life shall lose it; and he that Hates his life in this world shall keep it unto eternal life.

Is he here trying to say Soul or the “LIFE” another words the “WAY” the SOUL is LIVING. It amazes me how you can't even seem to understand these simple things. IMO

peace and lvoe…………………………….gene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Paladin @ Aug. 02 2011,00:37)

Quote (Ed J @ July 25 2011,05:39)

Does this verse mean that John the Baptist was the last of the old or the first of the new?

Luke 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John (the Baptist):
    since that time the kingdom of God is preached,
    and every man presseth into it.

“In the third month, when the children of Israel were gone forth out of the land of Egypt, the same day came they into the wilderness of Sinai.
    2 For they were departed from Rephidim, and were come to the desert of Sinai, and had pitched in the wilderness; and there Israel camped before the mount.
    3 And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel;
    4 Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.
    5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
    6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
    7 And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him.
    8 And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.”[Exo 19:1-8]

Hi Paladin,

Then you would agree with me the the Apostles were the fulfillment of the prophecy you cite; right?

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 02 2011,08:12)
    Mike………Try to screw this one up also ,  because it also deals with what Jesus was saying about hating your fathers and mothers, and brothers, and sisters (LIFE) and our own (LIFE) (ALSO) The words “LIFE ALSO” ties the lives of the others into the content of the sentence.  I will try to keep it simple and short becasue as i have said before, “you can't corner a snake in a brier patch”.  Like Paladin and i have both said you don't to seem to be able to get the context right of what is written.  Is your Pride and Arrogant preventing that MIKE?.

John 12:25……….> He that loves his life shall lose it; and he that Hates his life in this world shall keep it unto eternal life.

Is he here trying to say Soul or the “LIFE” another words the “WAY” the SOUL is LIVING. It amazes me how you can't even seem to understand these simple things. IMO

gene

in your bible KJV

you should have this scripture ;Ge 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

so live = soul

if not a living soul you are a dead one that simple ,

so wake up Gene

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 01 2011,08:08)
    Mike………..See i knew you would get around to change  what scripture says , My bible say LIFE and Now you come up with “IT ACTUALLY SAY SOUL”.  When in fact Jesus was referencing peoples  lives.  Which of course would include their Souls , but the focus  is the way they live their lives not their souls. This is what i mean you can trash any scripture if you try hard enough and you are a pro at that Mike. Here are some others which go along this subject you can  trash Mike up Jesus meaning LIFE (NOT) Soul.

Mat 10:39…..> He that finds his life shall lose it: and he that loses his life for my sake shall find it.

Mat 16:25 …> For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Mar 8:35 …..> For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospels, the same shall save it.

Luk 9:24….> For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake the same shall save it.

Luk 17:33…..> Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

John 12: 25….> He that “LOVES” his life shall lose it; and he that  “HATES”  his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Do you notice John 12:25 completely backs up what i have said that the scripture concerning the Hating of our father and mothers and sister and brothers and (OUR LIFE) also means.

Mike stop trying to distort the meaning of scriptures by changing there context to meet your pride and arrogance. Jesus meant exactly what he said, we need to “HATE  THEIR LIVES and OUR LIVES ALSO”> JUST that simple no confusion needed by you and your subversive way. IMO

peace and love…………………………………………gene

gene

MT 10:39 “ He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.

37-39 A man must love his wife, family, friends, and even his enemies (cf. 5:44), but he must love Jesus supremely. Moreover, Jesus demands death to self. “Taking one's cross” does not mean putting up with some awkward or tragic situation in one's life but painfully dying to self. In that sense every disciple of Jesus bears the same cross. After Jesus' death and resurrection, the emotional impact of these sayings must have been greatly heightened; but even before those events, the reference to crucifixion would vividly call to mind the shame and pain of such a sacrifice.
    The appeal is not to gloom but to discipleship. There is a strong paradox here. Those who “lose” (GK G660) their “life,” whether in actual martyrdom or disciplined self-denial, will “find” (GK G2351) it in the age to come. Those who “find” it now by living for themselves and refusing to submit to the demands of Christian discipleship will “lose” it in the age to come (cf. 16:25).

6. Encouragement: response to the disciples and to Jesus (10:40-42)

The foregoing teaching about what it means to be a disciple of Jesus has its darker side. This final section of the discourse is more encouraging–it reverts again to the ultimate tie between the treatment of Jesus and that of his followers (see comment on vv.24-25); it turns our eyes to the future (v.28) and shows us that God is indebted to no one.

Pierre

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 02 2011,02:12)

Does this verse mean that John the Baptist was the last of the old or the first of the new?

Hi Paladin,

Then you would agree with me the the Apostles were the fulfillment of the prophecy you cite; right?

God bless

Wrong.

The apostles were one small part of the fulfillment of the prophecy dealing with the kingdom of God.

They are the spiritual equivalent of the twelve tribes of Israel, but remember, Levi was not counted and neither was Joseph, as Ephraim and mannessah took their places on the list of
    “twelve;” i.e., Ephraim and Mannessah inherited in leiu of Levi and Joseph.

The prophecy to Abraham was twopart, by two-fold.

The first part first fold consisted of the land/national promises made to Israel, which promise was fulfilled in the inheritance of Israel in the land. The first part second fold was the spiritual promise made to Abraham abut his seed being the promised Messiah. It was based upon the Hebrew scriptures.

The second part first fold consisted of the rejection of Israel's natural children, and the acceptance of the adoption of those children of Abraham through faith; the second part, second fold was fulfilled when the Gentiles accepted the promises to Abraham, by faith in Jesus Christ, the promised seed of Abraham. Those in Christ, in Abraham, received the promise of the covenant, which was based upon the Greek Septuagint scriptures.

It covers all the kingdom of God, historically, theologically, and factually. It is one God, one kingdom, one people, and one theocracy. And it is open to all who would take part, if they will place their faith in Christ, in Abraham, and in God.

The old covenant did not cease when John was born. It did not cease whn Jesus was born. It ceased when the destruction of Jerusalem took place, severing any possibility of the Jews returning to the temple to offer the worship in accord with the old covenant tenants of the laws of Moses.

The forty years between the death of Jesus, and the destruction of the temple in 70 a.d., was equivalent to the forty years of wilderness wanderings the Jews endured upon leaving Egyptian captivity and slavery. The Jews were still in “slavery to Moses” during that forty years between covenants.

There is no significance to anyone being identified as “born first into the kingdom of God, because as soon as God told Joshua, and Joshua told the people, and the people accepted the terms of covenant, and Joshua reported their agreement to God, whoever was nextborn among all the children of Israel, from Mount Sinaia on, was the first one born into the kingdom of God.

Only Christian scholars could come up with making a contest between John and Jesus ove rwho was firstborn into the kingdom of God, but that debate began hundreds of years ago, right along with all the other errors of scholarship.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Paladin @ Aug. 02 2011,08:56)

Hi Paladin,

God bless

Wrong.

(A)The apostles were one small part of the fulfillment of the prophecy dealing with the kingdom of God.

They are the spiritual equivalent of the twelve tribes of Israel, but remember, Levi was not counted and neither was Joseph, as Ephraim and mannessah took their places on the list of

The first part first fold consisted of the land/national promises made to Israel, which promise was fulfilled in the inheritance of Israel in the land. The first part second fold was the spiritual promise made to Abraham abut his seed being the promised Messiah. It was based upon the Hebrew scriptures.

The second part first fold consisted of the rejection of Israel's natural children, and the acceptance of the adoption of those children of Abraham through faith; the second part, second fold was fulfilled when the Gentiles accepted the promises to Abraham, by faith in Jesus Christ, the promised seed of Abraham. Those in Christ, in Abraham, received the promise of the covenant, which was based upon the Greek Septuagint scriptures.

It covers all the kingdom of God, historically, theologically, and factually. It is one God, one kingdom, one people, and one theocracy. And it is open to all who would take part, if they will place their faith in Christ, in Abraham, and in God.

The old covenant did not cease when John was born. It did not cease whn Jesus was born. It ceased when the destruction of Jerusalem took place, severing any possibility of the Jews returning to the temple to offer the worship in accord with the old covenant tenants of the laws of Moses.

The forty years between the death of Jesus, and the destruction of the temple in 70 a.d., was equivalent to the forty years of wilderness wanderings the Jews endured upon leaving Egyptian captivity and slavery. The Jews were still in “slavery to Moses” during that forty years between covenants.

There is no significance to anyone being identified as “born first into the kingdom of God, because as soon as God told Joshua, and Joshua told the people, and the people accepted the terms of covenant, and Joshua reported their agreement to God, whoever was nextborn among all the children of Israel, from Mount Sinaia on, was the first one born into the kingdom of God.

(B)Only Christian scholars could come up with making a contest between John and Jesus ove rwho was firstborn into the kingdom of God, but that debate began hundreds of years ago, right along with all the other errors of scholarship.

Hi Paladin,

A) So you agree in a small part kinda way then. Good!

B) So you don't believe Jesus was firstborn in the kingdom of God?

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 01 2011,08:12)
    Mike………Try to screw this one up also ,  because it also deals with what Jesus was saying about hating your fathers and mothers, and brothers, and sisters (LIFE) and our own (LIFE) (ALSO) The words “LIFE ALSO” ties the lives of the others into the content of the sentence.  I will try to keep it simple and short becasue as i have said before, “you can't corner a snake in a brier patch”.  Like Paladin and i have both said you don't to seem to be able to get the context right of what is written.  Is your Pride and Arrogant preventing that MIKE?.

I'm sorry Gene. I didn't realize that since Jesus spoke about one's “life” in one scripture, then we have to add the word “life” to all of his other teachings.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Paladin @ Aug. 02 2011,15:56)

Hi Paladin,

God bless

Wrong.

The apostles were one small part of the fulfillment of the prophecy dealing with the kingdom of God.

Only Christian scholars could come up with making a contest between John and Jesus ove rwho was firstborn into the kingdom of God, but that debate began hundreds of years ago, right along with all the other errors of scholarship.

Paladin

this is good ,but did you not forgot what happen to Abraham and Issac his son first born and at that time the only son he had ,this was the shadow of Christ ,no??

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 2,081 through 2,100 (of 3,216 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account