Do men ever go to heaven?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 1,019 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (david @ April 21 2012,21:22)
    Although I haven't seen if Nick replied to this or not, since I no longer read his posts, as they are completely lacking in logic or thought………….

How do i block myself from seeing Nicks messages?

Amen to that. I am currently in the process of teaching myself to ignore his posts also.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 23 2012,03:34)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ April 23 2012,03:09)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 23 2012,02:42)
    Gene,

Some who were alive when Jesus was on the earth did not taste death at all.  (Mark 9:1)

Nike………Another twist of scripture another half sentence posted to make a doctrine. Had you finished the sentence it would have said  UNTIL THEY SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD COMING WITH GLORY AND POWER as i recall. That was accomplished six days after at the Mount of transfiguration. And after they saw that then they dies later. (The word (UNTIL)  should have been a clue.

Mike you have got to quit forcing the text to meet your false teachings brother.  Not trying to put you down Mike becasue we have all done that at times but we need to all work together to try to find things out within context of all scriptures, and with God's help we all can. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………gene

Hi Gene,

Can you elaborate more on this point?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

ED J…..> remember the original bible did not has chapters so the action was continued from where Jesus told them that some would not see death until the saw the son of Man coming in the kingdom of God with power and glory. That was the very next thing that happened after Jesus spoke those word it tool place at the mountain of transfiguration. That was a glance of a future event that was to take place and a couple disciples were given a fore taste of it , but later they all dies. Just that simple nothing complicated about it.

peace and love……………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    It was not prophetic but actual.
    Jesus Christ shared his prayertime experience with others.
    Some of those that lived by the Spirit conversed and God gave audible support to His Son.

david
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 22 2012,17:19)
    Hi David,
    Why turn to the humble servants of the JW monarchy for instruction?

They take no part in the salvation of men.

Nick,

I find you OFTEN ignore the actual subject of posts.

I find you OFTEN ignore the scriptures in those posts.

I find you then, while blind to those scriptures, create a distracting attack against the person.

That is rude.

david
    Participant

Let me type this again, because I made many spelling errors:

This is what the Bible does in fact say:

Some would be “partakers of the heavenly calling,” having received the “prize of the the upward call.”

The glory of earthly bodies is one sort and the glory of heavenly bodies is one sort, and so their [earthly] bodies would be refashioned to be like Jesus' glorified [heavenly] body. This is because flesh and blood [earthly bodies] cannot inherit God's kingdom which is a “heavenly kingdom.”

Their inheritance is “reserved in the heavens.” They are “heirs of the kingdom” and “joint heirs” and “co-rulers” with Christ, ruling as kings with Christ in the heavenly kingdom (government).

These ones will “bear the image of the heavenly one.”

Escaping corruption, and putting on incorruption, they will be “shares of divine nature” with a “spiritual body.” They would be “glorified together” with Christ.

They would be like God, seeing him as he is, seeing God face to face.

david
    Participant

Kerwin, I posted in response to you on page 63.
    I like discussing scripture with you, because you are very un-Nick like, in that you convey actual thoughts in response to what we are actually discussing.

kerwin
    Participant

Dave;

Here is one Scripture you brought up:

Philippians 3:20
    American Standard Version (ASV)

20 For our citizenship is in heaven; whence also we wait for a Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

It is a present tense citizenship and not a future tense one.

John 17:21
    American Standard Version (ASV)

21 that they may all be one; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us: that the world may believe that thou didst send me.

Since a believer is in both Jesus and God they are in heaven since Jesus and God are in a believer; the believer comes from heaven.

The heavens were created for the angels and the earth for man.  Jesus has been given authority over both.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (david @ April 24 2012,07:01)
    Kerwin, I posted in response to you on page 63.
    I like discussing scripture with you, because you are very un-Nick like, in that you convey actual thoughts in response to what we are actually discussing.

David,

I answered a little of what you wrote and hope to; God willing; get back to you on the rest.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    Are you distracting from the fact that none of the verses say what you want us to see?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ April 24 2012,11:58)
    Let me type this again, because I made many spelling errors:

This is what the Bible does in fact say:

Some would be “partakers of the heavenly calling,” having received the “prize of the the upward call.”  

The glory of earthly bodies is one sort and the glory of heavenly bodies is one sort, and so their [earthly] bodies would be refashioned to be like Jesus' glorified [heavenly] body.  This is because flesh and blood [earthly bodies] cannot inherit God's kingdom which is a “heavenly kingdom.”  

Their inheritance is “reserved in the heavens.”  They are “heirs of the kingdom” and “joint heirs” and “co-rulers” with Christ, ruling as kings with Christ in the heavenly kingdom (government).  

These ones will “bear the image of the heavenly one.”

Escaping corruption, and putting on incorruption, they will be “shares of divine nature” with a “spiritual body.”  They would be “glorified together” with Christ.

They would be like God, seeing him as he is, seeing God face to face.

Hi David,
    No scripture does not say what you hope.
    The upward call is to meet Jesus Christ in the air.
    Yes our inheritence is kept for us in heaven but we will not live there.
    The Rule of King Jesus is on earth and he will have brothers ruling with him.
    Yes we are being made like to the Son of God now.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 23 2012,19:48)
    The Rule of King Jesus is on earth and he will have brothers ruling with him.

Matthew 28:18
    Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Thy kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven.
    King Jesus will rule on earth.ps2

kerwin
    Participant

David;

I don't see how “flesh and blood” can mean anything other than a human body.  That is what a body is made of.

Feel free to blame the Jews of that period, as well as the Gentiles to a certain extent as both appear to be big on symbolism.  Scripture does the same thing with using “world” to speak of things of this corrupt world even though there is another world to come.

Scripture bears witness that that the immortal bodies of both Adam and Eve were of flesh and bone for it is written:

Genesis 2:23
    King James Version (KJV)

23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

Blood is not mentioned until after the fall and then in association with death; particularly the death of Abel.

Genesis 4:10
    King James Version (KJV)

10And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.

and

Genesis 4:11
    King James Version (KJV)

11And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;

the next mention of blood is similar but in reference to animals.

Genesis 9:4

King James Version (KJV)

4But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

So you can see that blood is associated with mortality and the body of fallen man.  Flesh and bone is of genology and the pre-Fall immortal body.

I am not sure about modern Greeks, but at least some modern Jews still associate mortality with flesh and blood as you can see from these quotes.  

The Mishnah (Sanhedrin chapter 4) praises the Almighty precisely because of the differences, the otherness, within His creation of the human being:  “Behold the uniqueness of G-d, the King of all kings, when He compared to a mortal king of flesh and blood.  The mortal king takes one mold and mints from it many coins, each precisely and exactly a replica of the original as well as of each other.  The Almighty blessed be He, however, created the mold of Adam, the first human being, and derived from him numerous other human beings, not one of them looking like any other, not one of them thinking like any other…”

and

and indeed, are we not-all of us humans-strangers in an alien universe?  Do we not require the close embrace of all of humanity together to help protect us mortal, flesh and blood creatures, against a new ice-age brought about by global warming, tsunamis and earthquakes which wreak havoc upon our societies, against a nuclear disaster which one madman threatens to unleash?

Here is my source for the above quotes.

Here are a couple translations that translate the idiom.

1 Corinthians 15
    International Standard Version

50Brothers, this is what I mean: Mortal bodies[dd] cannot inherit the kingdom of God, and what decays cannot inherit what does not decay.

[dd] 15:50 Lit. mean: Flesh and blood

1 Corinthians 15
    Weymouth New Testament

50 But this I tell you, brethren: our mortal bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God, nor will what is perishable inherit what is imperishable.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 23 2012,20:24)
    Hi MB,

May your Kingdom COME on earth……………….AS IT ALREADY IS IN HEAVEN.

The Kingdom is NOW in heaven, Nick. Jesus rules there NOW.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Check your context.[mt6]
    The PRAYER OF JESUS CHRIST was to His God.
    The kingdom of God is in heaven now but one third of the angels belong to Satan.
    They will be cast down to earth[rev 12]

When king Jesus comes to rule on earth it will be to make war and subdue nations under his authority.[rev 16-19]

They will eventually and painfully learn to kiss the Son.[Ps 2]
    they will be cast down to earth[rev 12]

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 25 2012,06:54)

Hi MB,

The Kingdom is NOW in heaven, Nick.  Jesus rules there NOW.

Mike,

Don't forget that God has cast his net on earth and it will catch both good fish and bad.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 25 2012,20:21)

Hi MB,

Mike,

Don't forget that God has cast his net on earth and it will catch both good fish and bad.

K

God does not catch bad fish only good fish,do you not know that we live in a separation age ??? this is done trough the written word of God

Jn 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
    Jn 3:19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 25 2012,19:00)
    Hi MB,
    Check your context.[mt6]
    The PRAYER OF JESUS CHRIST was to His God.
    The kingdom of God is in heaven now but one third of the angels belong to Satan.
    They will be cast down to earth[rev 12]

When king Jesus comes to rule on earth it will be to make war and subdue nations under his authority.[rev 16-19]

They will eventually and painfully learn to kiss the Son.[Ps 2]
    they will be cast down to earth[rev 12]

N

you are very mutch confused and have little knowledge in revelation

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 25 2012,13:32)

Quote (kerwin @ April 25 2012,20:21)

Hi MB,

Mike,

K

God does not catch bad fish only good fish,do you not know that we live in a separation age ??? this is done trough the written word of God

Jn 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
    Jn 3:19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

Hi T,
    This age has been then since the beginning of the preaching of Jesus started.

The salvation offered is a chance to be rescued.

Those who do not repent and believe and seek rebirth of water and the Spirit do not escape the judgement that awaits men.

Unless you repent you will all likewise perish.
    jn 16.9
    “..concerning sin because they do not believe in me”

terraricca
    Participant

N

Unless you repent you will all likewise perish.
    jn 16.9
    “..concerning sin because they do not believe in me”

explain this to me

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 1,019 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account