Do men ever go to heaven?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 1,019 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    The upward call men await is that of the resurrection.
    We are already seated spiritually in heavenly places

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I think “our citizenship exists in the heavens” clearly STATES (not “implies”) that men will be citizens of heaven, meaning they will live there.

(Remember that Phil 3 is but the first of MANY scriptures and points yet to come.)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    I am glad you said I THINK.
    But it does weaken your STATEMENT

Philippians 3:20
    For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;

So we ARE citizens in him now and we await his return.
    Eph2 Col3

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 16 2012,08:27)
    I think “our citizenship exists in the heavens” clearly STATES (not “implies”) that men will be citizens of heaven, meaning they will live there.

(Remember that Phil 3 is but the first of MANY scriptures and points yet to come.)

Mike,

You are jumping to conclusions as Paul was a Roman citizen; even as he dwelt in Jerusalem and traveled the area about.

All the people of God are meek; for those people who are not do not love and therefore have nothing to do with God.

Each of the meek inherit the new earth; Therefore each person of God inherits the new earth.

The JW's perish due to lack of knowledge just as it is written:

Hosea 4:6
    King James Version (KJV)

6My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2012,20:30)
    Hi MB,
    I am glad you said I THINK.
    But it does weaken your STATEMENT

Philippians 3:20
    For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;

So we ARE citizens in him now and we await his return.
    Eph2 Col3

N

Phil 3:14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
    Phil 3:15 All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you.
    Phil 3:16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

there was a different view already at that time ,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tm
    HEAVENWARD from your version
    Number 507
    Transliteration:
    ano {an'-o}
    Word Origin:
    from 473
    TDNT:
    1:376,63
    Part of Speech:
    verb
    Usage in the KJV:
    above 5, up 2, high 1, brim 1

Total: 9
    Definition:
    1.up, upwards, above, on high
    2.of the quarters of the heaven, northward
    3.of countries, inland, up from the coast
    4.of time, formerly
    In Gal. 4:26 the word could refer to either place or time, i.e. place – the Jerusalem which is above – in the heavens time – the eternal Jerusalem which preceded the earthly one

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2012,22:15)
    Hi Tm
    HEAVENWARD from your version
    Number 507
    Transliteration:
    ano {an'-o}
    Word Origin:
    from 473
    TDNT:
    1:376,63
    Part of Speech:
    verb
    Usage in the KJV:
    above 5, up 2, high 1, brim 1

Total: 9
    Definition:
    1.up, upwards, above, on high
    2.of the quarters of the heaven, northward
    3.of countries, inland, up from the coast
    4.of time, formerly
    In Gal. 4:26 the word could refer to either place or time, i.e. place – the Jerusalem which is above – in the heavens time – the eternal Jerusalem which preceded the earthly one

N

Phil 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
    Phil 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
    Phil 3:16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.KJV

Context
    NET ©
    with this goal in mind, 1 I strive toward the prize of the upward call of God 2 in Christ Jesus.
    NIV ©
    I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenwards in Christ Jesus.
    NASB ©
    I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
    NLT ©
    I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven.
    MSG ©
    I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.
    BBE ©
    I go forward to the mark, even the reward of the high purpose of God in Christ Jesus.
    NRSV ©
    I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus.
    NKJV ©
    I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

I know that if you do not believe the scriptures ,you will find the energy to find some thing to deviate from them

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    So nothing there about men going to heaven.
    But you will cling to myths?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2012,10:39)
    Hi T,

terraricca,

What Nick states is true as you know both that the meek will inherit the earth, Matthew 5:5 and no one who is not meek will inherit the kingdom of God. It is written of those that will inherit the kingdom:

Galatians 5
    King James Version (KJV)

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.  

It is written of those who will not.

Galatians 5

King James Version (KJV)

19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

If you do not manifest the fruit of the Spirit; which includes meekness; you manifest the works of the flesh and therefore will not inherit the kingdom of God.

It is obvious that each and every righteous human being inherits the new Earth with the citizenship in heaven.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 16 2012,23:07)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2012,10:39)
    Hi T,

terraricca,

What Nick states is true as you know both that the meek will inherit the earth, Matthew 5:5 and no one who is not meek will inherit the kingdom of God. It is written of those that will inherit the kingdom:

Galatians 5
    King James Version (KJV)

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.  

It is written of those who will not.

Galatians 5

King James Version (KJV)

19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

If you do not manifest the fruit of the Spirit; which includes meekness; you manifest the works of the flesh and therefore will not inherit the kingdom of God.

It is obvious that each and every righteous human being inherits the new Earth with the citizenship in heaven.

K and N

you give your opinion and you believe in your opinion ,this is good enough for you ?? good ,

but not for me ,there are many scriptures that have to be answered  ,what you guy's just push aside and figure your opinions will do,

so if you can truthfully according to scriptures show me that your opinion are truth from God and so from scriptures fine I would believe it ;;

first Christ says he has two pen of sheep who are they ???

why it says in revelation twice that only 144k are redeemed from the earth ,???

now why did Christ said that the MEEK one will have the earth if all go to heaven ???

and in Phi;3;14-15 it talks about two aspirations ,not one why ????

why is it that God said the the earth will never be empty from having men on it ????

and Christ came to save men ,not from his manhood condition but from Adam curse ,so their never was a need to be going to heaven sins the beginning right ????

so I wait for your scriptural answers

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All………..The Jewel of God workmanship is this earth and all that is IN) it Why would he even want to destory it in the first place and wisp everything off into some heavenly existence some where. His plans to deliver (HIS) earth and all in it form its state of bondage of corruption, not remove it to somewhere else . It never stops to amaze me at all the ignorance and lack of sound understand here.  

I mean you would think that you people could realize that many lived to almost thousand years before they died already in the past, so why could we not live for ever with bodies as we have? The Spirits that exist do not have bodies of any kind they are spirits that inhabit Bodies of all kinds.  God himself lives Variously in and through his creation He is Spirit and was truly (IN) Jesus the Anointed one.

Many here are still on milk and should by now be on strong meat , when will you people at least learn the simple things and start to get it right . All these speculations, this scripture is indeed true here, you strain out a gnat and swallow a camel. Digging around looking for little details and missing the obvious picture. Like trying to put puzzle pieces where they don't fit and distorting the whole picture.

It seems we can't even agree on the simple thing much less the more complex ones. IMO

peace and love to you all …………………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    The natural man can never agree with the spiritual.
    Get over it.

Few here can change their views

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………..Not only that but it cannot even PERCEIVE IT> Jessus said HIS WORDS “ARE” SPIRIT, he did not say they “ARE” SPIRIT “BODIES” Now did he?.

peace and love…………………………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Neither did he say it was INTELLECT.
    But you do.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 17 2012,13:05)
    Hi GB,
    The natural man can never agree with the spiritual.
    Get over it.

Few here can change their views

N

this does not help him either ,so you have not done what you should have done ,

did you were not like him or have you always be a saved one ?????????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    You do need help with english. Best to listen till you understand.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 17 2012,16:18)
    Hi T,
    You do need help with english. Best to listen till you understand.

n

i AM SURE YOU UNDERSTOOD ME :D

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ April 17 2012,14:10)
    Nick………..Not only that but it cannot even PERCEIVE IT>   Jessus said HIS WORDS “ARE”  SPIRIT, he did not say they “ARE” SPIRIT “BODIES” Now did he?.

peace and love…………………………………………….gene

G

what Christ meant is that his words are carrying a message and that is what he calls a spirit

NickHassan
    Participant

So YOU say t

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 17 2012,16:33)
    So YOU say t

N

it is not mystery

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 1,019 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account