Death

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 233 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    .Romans 8:2
    For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

.Romans 8:10
    And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness

.Galatians 6:8
    For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 09 2014,10:13)
    Hi 94,

Rom 7
    14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

What DWELLETH in him?

Yes, Nick, under the Law, sin that was commited while under that covenant dwells within him until the blood of Jesus washes the sins away.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,

Sin lives in us but must not be allowed to rule us.

5.Romans 6:6
    Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

6.Romans 6:12
    Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    “Yes, Nick, under the Law, sin that was commited while under that covenant dwells within him until the blood of Jesus washes the sins away.”

Sounds like catholic dogma

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 09 2014,10:20)
    Hi 94,
    .Romans 8:2
    For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

.Romans 8:10
    And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness

.Galatians 6:8
    For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Yes, that is what I was stating.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    So do those who sleep in Christ still LIVE?

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 09 2014,10:26)
    Hi 94,
    “Yes, Nick, under the Law, sin that was commited while under that covenant dwells within him until the blood of Jesus washes the sins away.”

Sounds like catholic dogma

No, not Chatholic dogma, but gospel, and scriptural.

“What can wash my sins away? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.”

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 09 2014,10:29)
    Hi 94,
    So do those who sleep in Christ still LIVE?

Yes, the scripture states that the soul is asleep when the body dies the physical death.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    14For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

What was condemned?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    ” What can wash my sins away? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.”

Is this a scripture?

For those in Christ sin is forgiven-sprinkled with the blood-1 jn 1

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 09 2014,10:43)
    Hi 94,
    14For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

What was condemned?

Hi Nick:

You are gettin on my nerves. What does the scripture state? And what does Romans 8 and John 3:16-18 state.

I have to go as I have to get up early tomorrow for work.

Good night.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Go and think about it
    Take your time and have a good day

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 09 2014,10:50)
    Hi 94,
    Go and think about it
    Take your time and have a good day

Hi Nick:

The scripture that you quoted states that Jesus condemned sin in the flesh.

So, what does that mean to you?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Jas 1
    14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

It is the kingdom of darkness that spawns in every man.
    All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
    We all find ourselves in a battle for our souls
    demonic forces that try to control us.

Even Paul could not find complete freedom
    Rom 7

The thorn in the flesh
    He was told grace was sufficient

The light came to dispel the darkness
    Death sets every man free and that is what Paul wanted

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 10 2014,05:36)
    Hi 94,
    Jas 1
    14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

It is the kingdom of darkness that spawns in every man.
    All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
    We all find ourselves in a battle for our souls
    demonic forces that try to control us.

Even Paul could not find complete freedom
    Rom 7

The thorn in the flesh
    He was told grace was sufficient

The light came to dispel the darkness

Hi Nick:

You say:

Well, if you are speaking about Romans 7, Paul was stating that through the Lord's sacrifice he is free from the condemnation of sin.  Under the law, since no one can obey it without sin, everyone whether under the Law of Moses or not, is under the condemnation having violated the Law of God, the Ten Commandments. “All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God”.  

Jhn 3:18
    He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

2Co 3:13
    And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:

2Co 3:14
    But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

2Co 3:15
    But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

2Co 3:16
    Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

2Co 3:17
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Romans 6:7
    for he who has died is freed from sin.

We know this does not mean those who have died are forgiven.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 10 2014,01:24)
    Hi 94,
    Romans 6:7
    for he who has died is freed from sin.

We know this does not mean those who have died are forgiven.

Nick

it means that the ones that die in Christ dead will stop and will not be condemn for sin no longer ,

because their dead is the prize for sin ;law;the soul that sins will die : so that day they have paid the prize of sin;but the blood of Christ and his sacrifice will now allow Christ to bring back from the dead anyone that die in/for  his name

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    How is condemnation of sin in the flesh

the same as

freedom from the condemnation of sin???

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 10 2014,17:42)
    Hi 94,
    How is condemnation of sin in the flesh

the same as

freedom from the condemnation of sin???

Nick:

He condemned sin in the flesh by obeying God without sin unto death, and thereby, overcoming sin and the corresponding death.

1Co 15:55
    O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

1Co 15:56
    The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law

1Co 15:57
    But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Read the entire scripture.

Romans 6
    Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
    6 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6 knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7 For he that is dead is freed from sin. 8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: 9 knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. 10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. 11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. 19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. 20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. 21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. 22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    Yes he overcame sin.
    He is an overcomer we can follow[rev 3.21]

He never sinned.

He did not let sin reign in his mortal body but died to it overcoming it by the power of the Spirit.

Sin is an alive and active force that tries to control us from within but in his death and our joining with that death in baptism comes mastery over sin.

Then we walk towards freedom by overcoming sin.[rev 2.26, 3.5, 3.12, 3.21 etc]

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 233 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account