Death

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 233 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    If ecc 12 applies to all men then you say all men have the HOLY SPIRIT?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    12 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them; 2 while the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain: 3 in the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened, 4 and the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low; 5 also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets: 6 or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern. 7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94
    1.Romans 11:29
    For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

God does not take the gift of the Holy Spirit away .

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    God joins his Spirit to his sons
    What God has joined together let no man put asunder

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    The whole plan of God is to bring all together as one
    Not one at times
    .John 17:21
    that they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

.Ephesians 4:6
    one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 07 2014,07:29)
    Hi 94,
    If ecc 12 applies to all men then you say all men have the HOLY SPIRIT?

Hi Nick:

Did I say the the Holy Spirit dwells in all men? How can the Holy Spirit leave someone who has never had it?

But how can the Holy Spirit dwell in a dead man whose body has deteriorated? This applies to those who had the Holy Spirit while they were alive.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    You seemed to say Ecc 12 meant the Holy Spirit left man at death.
    But those verses apply to all men.

How?
    The soul vessel of a man does not deteriorate.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    .Psalm 31:9
    Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; My eye is wasted away from grief, my soul and my body also.

.Psalm 44:25
    For our soul has sunk down into the dust; Our body cleaves to the earth

.Matthew 10:28
    Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 08 2014,05:09)
    Hi 94,
    You seemed to say Ecc 12 meant the Holy Spirit left man at death.
    But those verses apply to all men.

How?
    The soul vessel of a man does not deteriorate.

Hi Nick:

All men have a spirit, and therefore, Ecc 12 applies to all men, but not all men have the Holy Spirit which is the Spirit of God our Father.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Hi Nick:

Relative to God destroying the body and soul in hell, that is surely true, and will be the case when Jesus comes for the church for all that have died in sin in the NT times, and those who are alive and in sin at his coming. Judgement is delayed in NT times until Jesus called the “last day” (Jhn 12).

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94
    Yes and yes

Participant

Hi Nick:

And so, where do you think the soul of man is when a person's body deteriorates. Some people are cremated. Where the soul?

The soul is the mind, the will, and emotions.

The scripture states that “the soul that sinneth shall die”, and Matthew 10, which you quoted, states that God will destroy both body and soul in hell, and that hardly testifies to what apparently are saying and that others preach about the soul being eternal, if it is destroyed, then it does not exist after it is destroyed. Those who have died in their sins will be resurrected in the second resurrection with some kind of body in order for this to happen. Clearly, this can be understood for those who are alive and in sin at his coming for the church.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    There are different places of waiting according to Lk 16.19f
    Cremation is only of the body which must return to dust.

“The soul is the mind, the will, and emotions.” you say but this is of theology

” Those who have died in their sins will be resurrected in the second resurrection with some kind of body in order for this to happen.”
    Ps 49.15-16 says they are NAKED

All not taken to the place of safety at the return will die by the wrath of God

” Matthew 10, which you quoted, states that God will destroy both body and soul in hell, “
    Scripture says CAN

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 09 2014,05:56)
    Hi 94,
    There are different places of waiting according to Lk 16.19f
    Cremation is only of the body which must return to dust.

“The soul is the mind, the will, and emotions.” you say but this is of theology

” Those who have died in their sins will be resurrected in the second resurrection with some kind of body in order for this to happen.”
    Ps 49.15-16 says they are NAKED

All not taken to the place of safety at the return will die by the wrath of God

” Matthew 10, which you quoted, states that God will destroy both body and soul in hell, “
    Scripture says CAN

Hi Nick:

So, Luke 16 is a parable.  Explain what it all means to you so that I can understand it.

So my if definition of the term soul is Theology, is it correct or not, and if not, please tell me what you say it is, and give me the scripture.

Why would God say that we should fear this, if it simply means that he can, but He may not actually do it?

Re:  Psalm 49:15-16, if anyone dies, they cannot take any of their wealth with them, just as Job stated “that he came into this world naked, and naked he would depart it.”

Where does that relate to our discussion about the soul?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Sin in the flesh can trouble even the righteous ones like Paul
    Rom 7
    He wanted death to set him free.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Souls do not seem to be limited to the earthly realm
    3.Revelation 6:9
    And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 09 2014,09:51)
    Hi 94,
    Sin in the flesh can trouble even the righteous ones like Paul
    Rom 7
    He wanted death to set him free.

Hi Nick:

Paul, Romans 7, is speaking about his righteousness under the Law, and although he was a pharisee and obeying the Law to the the extent that he could, there is no way that he could possibly obey it with out sin unto death. The only person to obey the Law without sin unto death is Jesus, and it is only through his sacrifice can anyone be delivered from condemnation, and death.

Romans 8, states: “There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus who do not walk after the flesh but after the Spirit.”

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,

Rom 7
    14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

What DWELLETH in him?

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 09 2014,09:58)
    Hi 94,
    Souls do not seem to be limited to the earthly realm
    3.Revelation 6:9
    And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

Nick:

Of course, the souls of the saved will live forever.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    But does the SPIRIT OF LIFE forever abide in the LIVING?

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 233 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account