Death

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 221 through 233 (of 233 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 11 2014,05:13)
    Hi WU,
    Yes he overcame sin.
    He is an overcomer we can follow[rev 3.21]

He never sinned.

He did not let sin reign in his mortal body but died to it overcoming it by the power of the Spirit.

Sin is an alive and active force that tries to control us from within but in his death and our joining with that death in baptism comes mastery over sin.

Then we walk towards freedom by overcoming sin.[rev 2.26,  3.5,  3.12,  3.21 etc]

Hi Nick:

We do have to overcome sin, and it is a learning process, as we overcome our faults and learn to apply the Word of God in our daily lives and gradually become like our Lord, but although it is a process, and we will fall short of the glory of God and commit sin many times along the way, we are free in that we are not condemned when we sin if we repent and ask forgiveness.  The blood of Jesus cleanses from all sin when we repent.

The freedom that we enjoy as Christians is that we are free from condemnation in the body of Christ, as long as we continue in the faith.

John 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

John 1:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Where does temptation come from?
    From within.

We are in a battle zone

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 11 2014,15:57)
    Hi 94,
    Where does temptation come from?
    From within.

We are in a battle zone

Hi NicK:

The tempter is the devil, and the temptation comes to the mind, and when one yields to it, it enters the heart, and from there it becomes sin.

Matt 15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    is this written?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Sin comes from within -the heart- as you showed

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Certainly the untransformed mind is the problem
    2 Corinthians 10:5
    Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 12 2014,08:17)
    Hi 94,
    is this written?

Hi Nick:

1 John 2:16
    For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Yes the inner battle can only be won once we are in Christ.
    Sin in the flesh has been condemned.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

We are all close to death.

We are all approaching death and do not know how far off it is.

A thought that focuses the mind.

Micah 6.8

He has told you, O man, what is good;

And what does the Lord require of you

but to do justice, to love kindness,

and to walk humbly with your God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

2 Kings 13.14f

When Elisha became sick with the illness of which he was about to die, Joash, the king of Israel came down to him and wept over him…Elisha died and they buried him.

Even prophets, alive in the Spirit, suffer illness and die.

Be prepared.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

ECC 12.7

‘Then the dust will return to the earth as it was and the spirit will return to God Who gave it.’

Jesus Christ was the first human whose body did not corrupt in the grave.

His resurrection in his fleshly body fulfilled the sign of Jonah.

We still die our bodies corrupt. Is that our hope too?

No he had to be equipped for heavenly life.

1 Cor 15

So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body , It is raised an imperishable body,it is sown in dishonour, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. So also it is written’ the first Adam became a living soul’. The last Adam became a life giving spirit. However the spiritual is not first, but the natural, then the spiritual. The first man is from earth, earthly; the second man is from heaven. As is the earthly, So also are those who are earthly; and as to the heavenly, So also are those who are heavenly. Just as we have borne the image of the earthy, we will also bear the image of the heavenly.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,

The body without the spirit is dead.

Eccl8.8

There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit;

neither hath he power in the day of death:

and there is no discharge in that war:

neither shall wickedness deliver those who are given to it.

Eccl8.11

Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily,

therefore the heart of the sons of man is fully set in them to do evil.

God sends rain on the just and the unjust alike.

God is patient and kind to all not wanting any to perish.

God He is in control over life and death, and the consequences.

Do not take Him for granted but act while you have the opportunity.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Heb 2.14

Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, he himself, likewise, also partook in the same,

that through death he might render powerless him who has the power of death, that is the devil,

and might free those who, through fear of death, were subject to slavery all their lives.

Job 2.4

Satan answered the Lord and said,

’Skin for skin! Yes all that a man has he will give for his life.

However put forth Your hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh; he will curse You to Your face’

Job 3.25

For what I fear comes upon me, and what I dread befalls me.

The hope brought by the resurrection of Jesus Christ is at least meant to free us from the fear of death.

Satan can be allowed to damage our bodies and our minds, and to take our lives too if God removes the hedge we pray for.

Fears still rule the disciples of the flat earth movement it seems, and they want us to share them. Misery loves company.

Viewing 13 posts - 221 through 233 (of 233 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account