Conception

Viewing 20 posts - 1,241 through 1,260 (of 1,479 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Was Jesus a son of man?
    Was he born of woman?

Jb25
    4How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?

5Behold even to the moon, and it shineth not; yea, the stars are not pure in his sight.

6How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 23 2008,08:59)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 23 2008,08:16)
    Hi WJ,
    He was given the Spirit without measure [jn3]but we are urged to seek grace unto the fulness of the Spirit too that we can do greater things even than he did.

Ephesians 3:19
    And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Ephesians 4:13
    Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Hi NH

Look at the context of Ehp 3:19 and you will see Paul is talking about the believers corporately (whole family in heaven and earth vrs 15).

The “body” will come to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.

But no man will ever have “the Spirit without measure” for that Spirit proceeds from the head, we are merely a body part.

The “Body” of Christ will do greater works because Christ is in all who are in the body worldwide.

WJ

Sounds right WJ.
    Thanks
    Yet we must seek.
    2Peter1
    2Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

10Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

11For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

12Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.

13Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance;

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 23 2008,08:02)
    Hi WJ,
    Are we not all born sinless?
    Foetuses and infants do not sin do they?
    Likewise inborn lusts do not conceive as sin till we submit to them.

Jas1
    13Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Hi NH

Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and “in sin did my mother conceive me“.

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 23 2008,09:07)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 23 2008,08:02)
    Hi WJ,
    Are we not all born sinless?
    Foetuses and infants do not sin do they?
    Likewise inborn lusts do not conceive as sin till we submit to them.

Jas1
    13Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Hi NH

Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and “in sin did my mother conceive me“.

WJ

Indeed WJ.
    Mary was truly of man and his mother.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 22 2008,11:43)

Quote (Jodi @ Dec. 23 2008,06:00)
    God is actually neither male or female. The term Father, is YHWH's way of relating to us IN OUR TERMS, so we can understand what sort of relationship YHWH desires to have with us.

I confess, this actually makes me have a lump in the back of my throat…..

God set up rules for our living that do not apply to him? Yet we are to relate to him under terms which do not apply to him? We are to think of him as a Father (a male), and yet he is not that at all.

Sigh…..

Hi Mandy,

YHWH created us because He wants to have a relationship with us, the unique and special creature of which He designed.

Our Heavenly Father loves us, he invented the love that you feel from your Dad and for your Dad. Regardless of whether or not He physically fathered someone, this does not change the fact that love is love.

To me a true Father has nothing to do with the physical, and everything to do with actions and being a figure who provides for His children, and gives love, patience and forgiveness. Our Father in heaven does all these things and we should love Him with all we've got. Actions show the meaning of a True Father, not blood.

Peace and love to you, Jodi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    That love does not offer a future to sons of man.
    Rebirth into the holy one of God saves us from his wrath.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 23 2008,07:04)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 23 2008,06:43)

Quote (Jodi @ Dec. 23 2008,06:00)
    God is actually neither male or female. The term Father, is YHWH's way of relating to us IN OUR TERMS, so we can understand what sort of relationship YHWH desires to have with us.

I confess, this actually makes me have a lump in the back of my throat…..

God set up rules for our living that do not apply to him?  Yet we are to relate to him under terms which do not apply to him?  We are to think of him as a Father (a male), and yet he is not that at all.

Sigh…..

Mandy

This should not cause a lump in your throat.

Remember God can be everything to us.

He can be our Brother our Husband our Father our God our Counselor, Etc, Etc.

You are on the right track concerning Jesus conception in that he was not a mere man.

I appreciate that you have exalted Jesus higher than any other and give him do credit for not just being a puppet on a string.

Blessings Keith

Hi there, Keith.

Ya know I've been thinking about this…well…actually I went and took a nap (I couldn't think about it anymore, I was hoping some dream or revelation would come to me in my sleep. No such luck.)

According to the scripture Jodi quoted in Gen. – God is both male and female. But according to the trinity, we know that Jesus is a male. So does that mean that the part of God that is male is Jesus? And the “Father”, and the “Spirit” are neutral or female?

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Dec. 23 2008,06:08)
    Hi Mandy,

YHWH created man in his own image, MALE AND FEMALE. Genesis 1:27

YHWH is not a male, you are thinking of God being the Father of Jesus in human terms, and not according to how our Creator has chosen to relate to us.

Hi Jodi,
    You have addressed the big misconception of our Sis Mandy. I hope she will rethink her opinions on God being the literal or physical Father of Jesus.

Thanks and love to you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Indeed we should all listen to scripture
    Lk1
    35And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Mandy,
    Please see this verse in Jn 1:

12 But as many as received him, he gave them power to be made the sons of God, to them that believe in his name.
    13 Who are born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

It is infact talking about God's children in general not alone Jesus. God begets children by His Spirit but not by having sex with humans or passing on the so called DNA or sperm. You are in complete misunderstanding my Sis on the origins of Jesus a man like you and me who was chosen by God to be His Son and Messiah.

Love and peace to you
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mandy…….consider what our brother Adam is saying, It makes good sense sis.

love and peace to you and yours……………..gene

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ Dec. 23 2008,17:15)
    Hi Mandy,

12 But as many as received him, he gave them power to be made the sons of God, to them that believe in his name.
    13 Who are born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

It is infact talking about God's children in general not alone Jesus. God begets children by His Spirit but not by having sex with humans or passing on the so called DNA or sperm. You are in complete misunderstanding my Sis on the origins of Jesus a man like you and me who was chosen by God to be His Son and Messiah.

Love and peace to you
    Adam

OK, sure. Makes sense. I'll change my belief…..

I wonder what else the “Spirit” revealed to me is false?

Not3in1
    Participant

Father doesn't really mean father.
    Son doesn't really mean son.
    Conception doesn't really mean conception.

God is an “it” even though “he” protrays “himself” as “father” (which, we, stupid humans, understand as being a male).

Got it.

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 24 2008,04:27)

God is an “it” even though “he” protrays “himself” as “father” (which, we, stupid humans, understand as being a male).

Got it.

I don't believe that, I believe that the Father is a man, like my Father is. He is a Spirit Being invisible to us. His Son is Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior. The Son was visible at one time, but now returned to His glory He had with the Father from the beginning, that is a Spirit being. He sits on the right hand of our Almighty God and Father on the Throne. The Father is greater then the Son. So to add it all up, I totally disagree with you.
    Peace and Love Irene

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Dec. 24 2008,04:39)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 24 2008,04:27)

Got it.

I don't believe that, I believe that the Father is a man, like my Father is. He is a Spirit Being invisible to us. His Son is Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior. The Son was visible at one time, but now returned to His glory He had with the Father from the beginning, that is a Spirit being. He sits on the right hand of our Almighty God and Father on the Throne. The Father is greater then the Son. So to add it all up, I totally disagree with you.
    Peace and Love Irene

You're not disagreeing with me, you're disagreeing with Jodi and Gene.  For I am basically quoting them.  Also, you are disagreeing with scripture that states God is BOTH female and male.

Jodi says that God is Spirit – not necessarily a man. Catch-up on this thread and what they have been saying.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Male and female relate only to created bodies.

Not3in1
    Participant

Gen. 1:27

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3
    Gen1
    27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
    Gen2
    7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

So man was formed from the dust of created earth into which He breathed.

So which part do you think was like God?

Was God formed from created earth?

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 24 2008,04:24)

Quote (gollamudi @ Dec. 23 2008,17:15)
    Hi Mandy,

Love and peace to you
    Adam

OK, sure.  Makes sense.  I'll change my belief…..

I wonder what else the “Spirit” revealed to me is false?

Thanks Mandy, Hope you will see Jesus our brother as from a homogeneous group with us than a separate being.

Love to you
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam…….Haven't seen much of your posts brother, hope every thing is OK. Miss your posts.

peace and love to you and yours……………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 1,241 through 1,260 (of 1,479 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account