Conception

Viewing 20 posts - 1,441 through 1,460 (of 1,479 total)
  • Author
    shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 06 2012,18:51)

Quote (shimmer @ Mar. 06 2012,00:06)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 18 2012,23:15)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 18 2012,18:12)
    Hi Ed,
    God blood?
    These fantasies are drawn from your version?

Hi Nick, who is the “HE” and “HIS” in this verse, Nick?  Are you an overseer of God?  Do you feed the flock?

YOU don't have to believe the record of the bible if you don't want to, but I won't put mans ideas above God's!
    “Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the HolySpirit (Acts 20:28)
    hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.”

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

EdJ.

Lamsa original Aramaic Bible:

(Possibly the closest to the original Wording)

Acts 20:28:

Take heed therefore to yourselves and to all the
    flock over which the Holy Spirit has appointed you
    overseers, to feed the church of Christ which he
    has purchased with his blood.

If you look at the interlinear of the Aramaic text, the proper reading has 'God' in Acts 20:28.

You can check that out yourself. Go here and click on 'Interlinear NT' and look at the word translated as 'God' in Acts 20:27. It is the same word that you find in Acts 20:28.

http://aramaic-english.scripturetext.com/acts/20.htm

Acts 20:27“For I have not declined to show you the whole will of God.” 28“Pay attention to yourselves therefore, and to the whole flock in which The Spirit of Holiness has appointed you overseers, to shepherd the Church of God which he has purchased with his blood.”

Hi LU.

I see this translation you speak of as just another attempt to change the original. Just like all the other versions which came after the KJV (Was it?).

So because the LAMSA ARAMAIC Bible came first and then the ENGLISH ARAMAIC version you speak of came AFTER, I tend to trust the first.. first.

Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. I haven't checked it out yet. I do tend to.

shimmer
    Participant

Hi EdJ.

Theres a post or two on page 143 which you have not answered, in case you missed it.

Lightenup
    Participant

Shimmer,
    Look at the interlinear that I suggested you look at and compare the Aramaic for 'God' in v. 27 and then in v. 28. Both translators used slightly different Aramaic manuscripts for this verse, one was the Western and one was the Eastern. You can read this for an explanation:

http://www.scribd.com/doc….erences
    I don't know how to tell which one is correct but the Greek NT go with 'God' as the translation for this verse 28.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Mar. 06 2012,17:03)
    Hi EdJ.

Theres a post or two on page 143 which you have not answered, in case you missed it.

Hi Shimmer,

My eighth post on the same page addressed your first two posts. :)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

shimmer
    Participant

Ok Thanks LU I will.

shimmer
    Participant

Hi Ed.  I was talking about the following post… But I see now it wasn't a question, so Ok, fair enough.

Quote:

“Assyrian and Syrian Christians have always maintained that they hold the original New Testament, preserved in the Peshitta NT, as they call it, carefully copied since the days of the disciples.  They claim that the Greek manuscripts were translated from the Peshitta NT.  The Western Churches claim however, that it is the Aramaic not the Greek which is the translation.  

http://sor.cua.edu/Bible/index.html

The Syrian Orthodox Church believes that the Holy Bible, which comprises of the Old Testament and the New Testament, is the divine word of God. Its Fathers labored in translating the Holy Scriptures into Syriac since the very dawn of Christianity. These Syriac translations of the Bible are the oldest and most ancient in any language. Further, the Syriac New Testament is quite unique for it presents the teachings of our Lord in an Aramaic dialect (Syriac) which is akin and would have been mutually comprehensible with the Palestinian dialect of Aramaic in which Christ taught. Since the translation of the Bible into Syriac started as early as the first century, the Syriac version preserves the very ancient renditions of the original texts”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Can we continue discussion of other matters on their threads?

shimmer
    Participant

Yes Nick, I was thinking the same thing.

Please continue on.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus was conceived in Mary's womb.
    Not just a body but body, soul and spirit.[1Thess 5]
    The soul of Jesus Christ was saved by God and our souls can be too by becoming one in Spirit with him in God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    KW thinks were are conceived of flesh and spirit.

gen 2.7 says the dust man [body]became a living[spirit] soul[soul]

We are body soul and spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus was not a pre existent god that somehow began life by conception as well

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi J42,
    You said this in another thread
    “The Word only had a Father when he was transformed into a baby and became God's Son in the flesh. “

But Scripture says he was CONCEIVED
    Should we believe you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Gal4
    But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This was what happened at the Jordan
    1.Psalm 2:7
    “I will surely tell of the decree of the Lord: He said to Me, ‘You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.

2.Acts 13:33
    that God has fulfilled this promise to our children in that He raised up Jesus, as it is also written in the second Psalm, ‘You are My Son; today i have begotten You.’

3.Hebrews 1:5
    For to which of the angels did He ever say, “You are My Son, Today I have begotten You”? And again, “I will be a Father to Him And He shall be a Son to Me”?

4.Hebrews 5:5
    So also Christ did not glorify Himself so as to become a high priest, but He who said to Him, “You are My Son, Today I have begotten You”;

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

same as for John

39.Matthew 1:20
    But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

40.Luke 1:24
    And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived, and hid herself five months, saying,

41.Luke 1:36
    And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi J42,
    Was Jesus conceived?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Jesus was conceived in Mary.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…I AGREE, HE WAS CONCIEVED, that means he had a begining in the womb of Mary, that is where his conception took place, and nine months later he was born. Jesus had a beginning and a ending, and a resurection and is alive again for ever more. Rev 1:18… “I am he that lives, and was dead; and behold, I am alive for evermore”.

Notice he did not say, I am he that was alive, then (morphed) into a human body, and and then died, and am now alive for evermore. Like trinitarians believe and prexistences believe. No he was concieved (brought into existence) and then died and resurected and is alive for evermore.
    Blessed are those who understand that.

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Do you believe Jesus was conceived in Mary?

Do you believe he somehow existed before he was conceived?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tigger,

Do you believe Jesus of Nazareth was a man just like us?

Do you believe he was conceived in his mother Mary?

Do you believe he existed prior to his conception?

If so how is he like us or do we exist before we are conceived too?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,441 through 1,460 (of 1,479 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account