The Trinity Doctrine is an unnecessary stumbling block

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 908 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

@GeneBalthrop

God in the fullest sense is a unity of two divine beings. One is not just divine but also became man. He cannot be limited by what is limited to someone who is just man or who is just God.

If He were just man, then His death couldn’t not take away the sins of another man according to scripture. If He was just God, He couldn’t suffer and die and shed blood for an atoning sacrifice for the sins of all men.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

Where does John indentify Jesus Christ as Lord of lords.

Of course the Father is the God of Jesus Christ.

He anointed him with the Spirit.

Do gods need anointing?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

Would any man be capable of miracles without being anointed from above?

Jesus Christ ascribed his abilities to the Father in him but you do not?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

Jesus Christ told us he was sent by the Father.

So the Father is greater?

kerwin
    Participant

@Lightenup,

God in the fullest sense is a unity of two divine beings. One is not just divine but also became man. He cannot be limited by what is limited to someone who is just man or who is just God.

The flaw here is that this just as broken as implying God can be tempted by evil as a being is either one kind of another not two kinds at one therefore Jesus is either 1) human as Scripture states, God, or a hybrid but not both the God kind and the human kind.

princess
    Participant

Any well respecting Roman Catholic will tell you that Seven Day Adventists are not Christians and yet does that mean they are not.

Not splitting hairs over sects Kerwin, they (disciples) wouldn’t be considered Jewish. Christians believe the Messiah has come, Jews don’t.  That’s a big difference. Big difference.

In addition John labeled unbelieving Jews as being the synagogue of Satan and false claimants to Judaism. Jesus called his brothers who did not believe children of the devil and not the children of Abraham for they did not do as Abraham the father of their bodies did.

John can label them anything he wants to, most assured they label John the same.

Abraham, pulled the God El from Canon’s gods. He choose that one to be his God. If not mistaken he was the highest God in the plethora of Canon gods.

I do take the testimony of both John and Jesus as they judge by the fruit but not that of any of the rest as they are not creditable witnesses.

I’m sure you do.

The Trinitarians did start a new religions as their God is not the God of Isaac, Jacob, pr Jesus.

Triad worship is the highest form of deity worship there is, really it wasn’t anything new, more or less just copying of other religions.

The Jews finally admitted Samaritans are Jews even though their Scriptures differ and the later worships in a high place instead of in the temple. Jesus was more inclusive as were his disciples. Jesus went to the Samaritans as if he included them in the house of Israel and they were preached to by the apostles long before the later figured out that “all nations” included the Gentile inhabitants as well as the Jewish ones.

Now your sounding like BD, I believe in Jesus so that makes me Christian.

I don’t think you understand how Gods work. A God replaces a God, that is how it works in the world of Gods. A better God comes along that can do more for you then the one they have and the people always want more, so the old God is out and the new God is in. This has been going on since the beginning of Gods. Can you tell me where the difference lies with Jesus replacing Jehovah? Same old story just the names have changed. Jesus can do more for you then Jehovah can so in comes Jesus out goes Jehovah.

Have you ever thought why blood shed was needed to appease the Gods Kerwin? This ritual is just as ancient, many cultures would sacrifice for the Gods. Someone got smart and said you know what lets not take their blood, let’s just take their spirit. Less messier that way, but just as efficient. Change of the times, change of the Gods.

as is life

kerwin
    Participant

@Lightenup,

If He were just man, then His death couldn’t not take away the sins of another man according to scripture

Actually it does not though some interpret one passage that way. The passage is speaking of sinners as the preceding verse makes clear. The audience is all human beings.

Psalm 49:6-8Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

6 They that trust in their wealth,
    and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches;
    7 none of them can by any means redeem his brother,
    nor give to God a ransom for him:
    8 (for the redemption of their soul is precious,
    and it ceaseth for ever:)

Them is “They that trust in their wealth,
    and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches”

The passage is a little confusing but I do not think the upright are mentioned until verse 14.

Psalm 49:14Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

14 Like sheep they are laid in the grave; death shall feed on them;
    and the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning;
    and their beauty shall consume in the grave from their dwelling.

Some translations are more friendly to your point of view so perhaps the Hebrew is more vague.

kerwin
    Participant

@Princess,

So you do not believe John but you believe the Jews.

Did you realize Satan had tricked you in that matter? Sneaky isn’t he? He gets me at times as well.

Those are rhetorical questions and statements.

My real point is that is is not actually a big point of doctrine whether or not one believes, except in the context of salvation. In that context if one adds or subtracts from the gospel they are in bad shape.

The point at which worship is different is when the description of God or gods disagree with one another to an extent where the doctrine either denies God directly or by implications. Teaching Jesus is God does that as well as blasphemes God as it implies a situation exists where he can be tempted by evil.

kerwin
    Participant

@princess,

I cannot speak for the wicked but that is not how things work for the righteous. Instead the righteous change there view of God to be more like God as they learn more. They don’t only change their viewpoint of God but also change their own self to more like him in righteousness and holiness. If they lack the Spirit is remains an unsatisfied craving to become like him in true holiness and righteousness.

BD is correct in some ways as Islam is a branch of the Abraham religion and so is Judaism though they are different branches. I am not even sure their prophet would support their anger at the Jews or for that matter non-Trinitarian Christians. He definitely preached anti-Triniarianism though even then he was not always antagonistic to the adherents of that religion.

kerwin
    Participant

@Princess,

I have. The answer is a soul redeems a soul. Under the Law the soul of an animal redeemed the soul of a human being but Jesus provided a better thing the soul a truly righteous man. The first death was all that was necessary whether it is an animal or a human being. There is more to it but that answers your question.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

You think God and His servant Abraham are happy to see religions spring up that oppose the way of Jesus Christ?

princess
    Participant

So you do not believe John but you believe the Jews.

I tend to find beauty in each Kerwin. To believe one over the is a moot point.

Did you realize Satan had tricked you in that matter? Sneaky isn’t he? He gets me at times as well.

We can finally agree! Satan is a male. (humor Kerwin, humor)

My real point is that is is not actually a big point of doctrine whether or not one believes, except in the context of salvation. In that context if one adds or subtracts from the gospel they are in bad shape.

Oh Kerwin, how did the bible come about, by men adding and taking away. Do you think the ones that did or still hold onto are worse off?

The point at which worship is different is when the description of God or gods disagree with one another to an extent where the doctrine either denies God directly or by implications. Teaching Jesus is God does that as well as blasphemes God as it implies a situation exists where he can be tempted by evil.

Pretty much sums up most religions don’t you think? So I am taking it by the last part of your statement, you question the divinity of Christ.

Lightenup
    Participant
    Lightenup
    Participant

@NickHassan

Revelation 17:14

“These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful.”

Lightenup
    Participant

@kerwin

you said:

The flaw here is that this just as broken as implying God can be tempted by evil as a being is either one kind of another not two kinds at one therefore Jesus is either 1) human as Scripture states, God, or a hybrid but not both the God kind and the human kind.

The eternal spirit of the Son indwells a flesh body which he received through a miraculous conception in the virgin Mary. This is the only time this happened.

Someday, the believer’s spirit will indwell a heavenly body.

In Mary, the Son’s spirit indwelt a fleshly body.

If you believe that your spirit will dwell within a heavenly body after the flesh dies, it shouldn’t be too hard to accept that the spirit of the Son of God could dwell within a flesh body.

When a believer goes from one type of body to another, that person does not cease to be a man. He becomes a man that partakes of divine nature.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

Thank you.

Yes he was MADE both Lord and Christ according to Acts.

No suggestion he always was so is there?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

God raised HIS SERVANT according to Acts 3.

Does this fit with your two god theory?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

Partaking of the divine nature is only because the Spirit of the Father and the Son indwells and works through weak human vessels.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Princess,

Yes some find beauty in religion.

Buildings, incense, rituals and music

But is it relevant to the service of the God of Israel?

Miia
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Is wearing a cross relevant to the service of God?

Is believing in a trinity, binity or other relevant to the service of God?

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account