Is God’s love truly unconditional?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sonofGod
    Participant

Many believers declare that God’s love is unconditional.  That sure sounds right, after all, God is love.  I John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

If God’s love is unconditional, it would seem appropriate that we see the results of God’s unconditional love.

How about if we ask, “why are not all men saved?”   If God’s love is unconditional, why are not all men saved?

God imposes conditions upon who shall be saved.

Rom 10:9

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

1.   if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus
    2. shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead

Evidently, the promises of God have conditions.

I believe that one of the sources of error regarding this faulty conclusion is John 3:16 regarding the word “so”

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The word “so” in the Greek is not an expression of magnitude, but of how or in which way. or in what manner.

In other words, the manner is which God loved the world was in that, “He gave his only begotten son”

What are your thoughts?

Proclaimer
    Participant

I can’t disagree with what you have wrote.

I think his love is unconditional, but legally, he is also just and there are requirements, legally speaking.

For example. You might have a son or daughter that you love with all your heart no matter what. But you are not going to give them a free pass on lying to others or killing someone.

Even if they are guilty, you love them despite that. But you cannot legally accept what they are doing.

I think of Absalom, the son of David when I write this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account