Is The Earth really going to be destroyed? Understand what the 'rudiments' are!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Miia
    Participant

Hi Ed,

I understand what you are meaning, but I disagree with you.

It was the Holy Spirit, (the gift), which was poured out on the day of Pentecost, (Acts 2).

Jesus the Messiah, (the Son of Man), was not poured out on the day of Pentecost.

The Holy Spirit was in the Son of Man Jesus Christ ‘without measure’, (John 3.34). Therefore, God (The Holy Spirit) was on earth in Body (form). ‘For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily’, (Col 2.9).

On the day of Pentecost (which you say was the coming of Christ, and the destruction of the world?), it was the Holy Spirit which was poured out, (obviously measured).

So, when Peter says that scoffers say ‘where is the promise of his coming’, that is in reference not to the Holy Spirit which was poured out, but to Jesus the Son of Man. “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him“, (Matthew 25.31).

So, we wait patiently for the end which is the coming of Christ, but for now we have the comforter.

So yes, you are effectively saying “where is the promise of his coming” in a scoffing way, because you “deliberately ignore this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly”, (2nd Peter 3), which is the REST OF THE SENTENCE (context) you conveniently cut off.

Miia
    Participant

Ed, the Spirit of God IS the Spirit of Christ.

There is but one spirit, (Ephesians 4 and 1 Cor 12).

Ed asked: “we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.” (John 14:23) Who is this “WE” Jesus is speaking of?

My answer: The Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit, of course.

Miia
    Participant

Now I have answered your three questions, you answer mine, that is the five scriptures I posted, one by one, (excluding 2 Peter which you have attempted).

Link: https://heavennet.net/forums/topic/is-the-earth-really-going-to-be-destroyed-understand-what-the-rudiments-are/#post-804057

kerwin
    Participant

Ed.

John 14:23Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Jesus and the Father live in believers through the Holy Spirit.

They are the one Lord, one God, and one Spirit that are parts of the unity of the Spirit.

Jesus is not the Holy Spirit since Scripture testifies the God placed his own Spirit on Jesus.

Ed J
    Participant

So yes, you are effectively saying “where is the promise of his coming”

Hi Miia,

Surly you must be looking in a mirror as you say that,
    because the promise of his coming has already happened For me
    as well as all other believers who were gathered together at “Pentecost”

“So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them
    that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.” (Heb 9:28)
    You push Heb 9:28 (one’s personal Pentecost) into the land of the carnal mind that is very far off.

“Thine eyes (Ed J) shall see “The King” in his beauty:
    they shall behold the land that is very far off.” (Isaiah 33:17)

Perhaps you should be looking for “The King”, instead you profess he is in the land that is very far off
    Talk about scoffing? In case you didn’t realize it, that is precisely what you are doing – Look up the word.

Ed J
    Participant

Ed asked: “we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.” (John 14:23) Who is this “WE” Jesus is speaking of?

My answer: The Father and Christ through the Holy Spirit, of course.

The HolySpirit is Father to Christ.
    (Matthew 1:18, Matthew 1:20, Luke 1:35)

“WE (illustrated as 1 and 2) will come unto him, and make OUR (illustrated as 1 and 2) abode with him.” (John 14:23)

1. The Spirit of God (HolySpirit)
    2. The Spirit of Christ (Jesus’ spirit)

This is the “WE” Jesus is referring to.
    And it is confirmed with the following verses:

“I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for
    (2)the witness of Jesus,
    and for (1)”The Word” of God” (Rev 20:4)

Perhaps you should be looking for “The King” instead of professing he is in the land that is very far off

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit,
    if so be that (1)the Spirit of God dwell in you.
    Now if any man have not (2)the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” (Romans 8:9)

Ed J
    Participant

Now I have answered your three questions, you answer mine, that is the five scriptures I posted, one by one, (excluding 2 Peter which you have attempted).

Link: https://heavennet.net/forums/topic/is-the-earth-really-going-to-be-destroyed-understand-what-the-rudiments-are/#post-804057

Hi Miia,

You have only attempted to answer one:
    1) Who is this “WE” Jesus is speaking of?

And your answer appears to be garbled, because
    The Father and The Son both have their own spirits

. A. The Spirit of God (HolySpirit)
    . B. The Spirit of Christ (Jesus’ spirit)

2) You are bearing false witness against me by not admitting that 2Peter 3:4 CANNOT POSSIBLY APPLY TO ME?

And here is the remaining question you have yet to answer:

3) Are you saying that Jesus’ spirit is God? . “Yes” or “No”?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

Jesus gave up his spirit on calvary.

Yet like all anointed men lives in the eternal Spirit

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

You are so strongminded in your personal beliefs and will defend them to the uttermost.

Be meek.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi ED,

Jesus gave up his spirit on calvary.

Yet like all anointed men lives in the eternal Spirit

Hi Nick,

“we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.” (John 14:23)
    Who is this “WE” Jesus is speaking of?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi ED,

You are so strongminded in your personal beliefs and will defend them to the uttermost.

Be meek.

Hi Nick,

I will drop them in an instant IF they can be proven wrong.
    But all I here is misquoting and misinterpretations,

Like Pierre for instance,

(Col 1:17-18) “he is before all things” means
    “that in all things he might have the preeminence”
    But for Pierre it instead means ‘God created Jesus first’

and “For by him were all things created”
    means “by his crucifixion God created all things”
    But for Pierre it means Jesus helped God create all things

Which contradicts the following Scriptures (WHICH CANNOT BE BROKEN)

“I the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone;
    that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;” (Isaiah 44:24)
    Isaiah 44:24 says God had NO HELPER

“even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth:
    thou hast made heaven and earth.” (Isaiah 37:16)
    Isaiah 37:16 says God had NO HELPER

So when Pierre says God had a helper helping him create,
    WHO DO YOU THINK I’M GOING TO BELIEVE Pierre or God?

Nick, as unpleasant as it is going to be,
    God is going to burn up the rudiments.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi ED,

Be meek.

I will drop them in an instant IF they can be proven wrong.

Hi Nick,

My personal belief was that Jesus was the decedent of “Nathan the Prophet”,
    but MikeBoll64 proved that Jesus was NOT the decedent of “Nathan the Prophet”.

So I no longer believe that.

Miia
    Participant

Ed,
    Why are we talking about this, and what does it have to do with the topic? I don’t argue with anyone on their perspectives in this area any more, and respect peoples differences.

Nevertheless,
    What is your question meaning?

The Spirit which was in Jesus (the Son of Man) was God’s Spirit, and God’s Spirit is a PART OF GOD, just like your spirit is a part of you, (1st Corinthians 2.11).

There is only one Spirit which indwells, teaches, works, leads, heals and comforts a righteous Christian, and that is the Holy Spirit which we can have in a measured amount due to our sinFulness, however CHRIST had the Spirit ‘unmeasured’, because of his sinLessness.

“Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works.”

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit,
    if so be that (1)the Spirit of God dwell in you.
    Now if any man have not (2)the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” (Romans 8:9)

1. HolySpirit (Father)
    2. Spirit of Christ (Son)

“we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.” (John 14:23)

If Paul is to be believed, there is only ONE Spirit, and in Romans 8.9 which you quote, the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ are the same Spirit rather than two as you teach.

“There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call— one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.” (Ephesians 4.4)

“Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone. To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.”

“For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.” (1 Corinthians 12.3)

Do you see the word ‘ONE’?, not two?

Miia
    Participant

Now I have answered your three questions, PLEASE ANSWER MINE (Which you never do!)

Explain each of the following scriptures to me one by one, and tell me that God did not mean what He said:

Of old You founded the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands.“Even they will perish, but You endure; And all of them will wear out like a garment; Like clothing You will change them and they will be changed. (Pslam 102.25)

“Heaven and earth will pass away” (Matthew 24:35 and Mark 13:31).

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up. Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! (2nd Peter 3.10)

For behold, the day is coming, burning like an oven, when all the arrogant and all evildoers will be stubble. The day that is coming shall set them ablaze, says the Lord of hosts, so that it will leave them neither root nor branch. But for you who fear my name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall. And you shall tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet, on the day when I act, says the Lord of hosts. (Malachi 4)

Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. (1 Thess 4.17)

In My Father’s house are many dwelling places, if it were not so, I would have told you, for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. (John 14.2)

kerwin
    Participant

To whomever it may concerns,

rudiments as in essentials, basics, possible foundations.

Ed J
    Participant

Ed,
    Why are we talking about this, and what does it have to do with the topic? I don’t argue with anyone on their perspectives in this area any more, and respect peoples differences.

Nevertheless,
    What is your question meaning?

The Spirit which was in Jesus (the Son of Man) was God’s Spirit, and God’s Spirit is a PART OF GOD, just like your spirit is a part of you, (1st Corinthians 2.11).

Hi Miia,

What is your answer meaning?

Jesus’ spirit is God – “Yes” or “No”?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

Are you saying that the Spirit that conceived Jesus in Mary’s womb was Jesus’ spirit?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

Your explanations appear to be circular at best,
    and I can’t seem to make heads or tails of them.

You may believe your view fits seamlessly together with what the bible teaches, but I do not.
    I know what the bible teaches. But I do not know what your view is until I ask enough questions.

One avoids misconceptions by asking questions,
    so please be so kind as to answer all my questions.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

The Apostle Paul said that, can it be trusted?

When The Apostle Paul says
    “there is one spirit”
    what does that mean (to you)?

Miia
    Participant

Ed, your questions have NOTHING TO DO WITH THE THREAD TOPIC.

I have answered all of your questions  – now move on and answer mine!

Is The Earth really going to be destroyed? Understand what the 'rudiments' are!

I have nothing else to say until you do.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account