Is The Earth really going to be destroyed? Understand what the 'rudiments' are!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

(1)Now I have answered your three questions, PLEASE ANSWER MINE (Which you never do!)

Explain each of the following scriptures to me one by one, and tell me that God did not mean what He said:

(2)Of old You founded the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands.“Even they will perish, but You endure; And all of them will wear out like a garment; Like clothing You will change them and they will be changed. (Pslam 102.25)

Hi Miia,

1) You got that backwards, I always answer your questions

2)
    “Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands. 26 They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed: 27 But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end. 28 The children of thy servants shall continue, and their seed shall be established before thee.” (Psalms 102:25-28)

Context is the key:
    “The children of thy servants shall continue,
    and their seed shall be established before thee.”

as you can see they are not destroyed.
    “the meek shall inherit the earth” (Psalms 37:11)

“Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.” (Psalms 104:30)

God renews the face of the earth by burning up the rudiments,
    which is rudimentary incorrect carnal thinking.

Miia
    Participant

To whomever it may concerns,

rudiments as in essentials, basics, possible foundations.

I have no idea what Ed thinks it means, or what it could possibly mean when read in its context. He believes earth is the mind or something.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

As I’m working on addressing your post, would you be so kind
    as to answer my last THREE questions thank you!

Posts numbered

804110 and 804111 and 804113

Thank you!

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

There is one Spirit and those that follow the true gospel of Christ receive and walk according to it. Jesus walks according to it and so did not sin even when he was tempted as his brothers. God walks by it as he cannot be tempted by sin.

Matthew 12:18Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

Jesus is God’s Servant not God’s Spirit that is put upon Jesus.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

In one thread you ask to only go over one point at a time.
    But here you are scrambling all your ideas together.

I’m trying to separate your Ideas, by asking questions, but you are being very uncooperative.
    You are instead trying to make me wrong without even understanding what exactly I believe.

When you allow me to separate your ideas
    (by you actually answering my questions)
    you can see exactly how our views compare

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.” (Gen 9:16)

“neither shall all flesh be cut off any more” (Gen 9:11)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

You appear to be trying to make this thread go no-where, as you have done
    with the “Communicate” “with spirit” thread and as you have done with the
    ‘Abomination of Desolation’ – setting the record straight on what it is.
    We need to examine all the evidence in order to make proper assessments.

As I said before here is the key to the essence of all your questions:

“And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken,
    as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace,
    whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
    For our God is a consuming fire.” (Heb 12:27-29)

The rudiments being burned with fervent heat
    signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken,
    as of things that are made. God’s Kingdom which cannot be shaken will remain.

Miia
    Participant

Kerwin. Ed is avoiding my questions, and ignoring you. So let us depart hence.

Ed J
    Participant

Ed is avoiding my questions

Hi Miia,

It is you instead who is avoiding my questions.
    (Posts numbered: 804110, 804111, and 804113)

Your so-called questions are for me to explain Scripture
    to you, which is what I have been trying to do.

“For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might
    destroy the works (rudiments) of the devil.” (1 John 3:8)
    “the works that are therein shall be burned up”

Instead you have God destroying his own works,
    how you can not see the error in this thinking?

Miia
    Participant

Hi Ed,

I have answered every single one of your questions and I can’t see how they are related to the topic.

You say:

“For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might
    destroy the works (rudiments) of the devil.” (1 John 3:8)
    “the works that are therein shall be burned up”

That has nothing to do with the below scriptures. That is about the works of the devil, not the earth. Furthermore, the word which you translated as ‘rudiments’ is actually erga which means work, labor, action, deed. http://biblehub.com/text/1_john/3-8.htm

The same word erga is in 2nd Peter chapter 3, but the same chapter uses the words ouranoi (the sky, the heaven), and ge (the earth, soil, land), and both are burned up as well as the erga (works, deeds). With a roar (rhoizedon, with a great noise), will pass away (parerchomai, pass away, pass out of sight, rendered void), burning with heat (kausoo, burn with great heat), will be dissolved (luo, break, destroy, set at naught, contravene, annul).

Click here to see each word and click the number to your left to see each words meaning:
    http://biblehub.com/text/2_peter/3-10.htm

Again I ask, please go through each of the below scriptures, and tell me what they each mean to you, without the use of other scripture (I just want your plain understanding in your own words)

Of old you laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you will remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will change them like a robe, and they will pass away. (Pslam 102.25)

Jesus said: “Heaven and earth will pass away” (Matthew 24:35 and Mark 13:31).

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up. Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! (2nd Peter 3.10)

For behold, the day is coming, burning like an oven, when all the arrogant and all evildoers will be stubble. The day that is coming shall set them ablaze, says the Lord of hosts, so that it will leave them neither root nor branch. But for you who fear my name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall. And you shall tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet, on the day when I act, says the Lord of hosts. (Malachi 4)

Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. (1 Thess 4.17)

In My Father’s house are many dwelling places, if it were not so, I would have told you, for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. (John 14.2)

Miia
    Participant

Hi Miia,

“the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.” (Gen 9:16)

Some will be saved from the fire, and they will be all that remain.

Ever hear of the three men in the pit? (Daniel 3).

“Then these men were bound in their cloaks, their tunics, their hats, and their other garments, and they were thrown into the burning fiery furnace. Because the king’s order was urgent and the furnace overheated, the flame of the fire killed those men who took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell bound into the burning fiery furnace.

Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished and rose up in haste. He declared to his counselors, “Did we not cast three men bound into the fire?” They answered and said to the king, “True, O king.” He answered and said, “But I see four men unbound, walking in the midst of the fire, and they are not hurt; and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods.”

Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished and rose up in haste. He declared to his counselors, “Did we not cast three men bound into the fire?” They answered and said to the king, “True, O king.” He answered and said, “But I see four men unbound, walking in the midst of the fire, and they are not hurt; and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods.”Nebuchadnezzar came near to the door of the burning fiery furnace; he declared, “Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, servants of the Most High God, come out, and come here!” Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego came out from the fire. And the satraps, the prefects, the governors, and the king’s counselors gathered together and saw that the fire had not had any power over the bodies of those men. The hair of their heads was not singed, their cloaks were not harmed, and no smell of fire had come upon them. Nebuchadnezzar answered and said, “Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who has sent his angel and delivered his servants, who trusted in him, and set asidef the king’s command, and yielded up their bodies rather than serve and worship any god except their own God.”

Ed J
    Participant

“Then these men were bound in their cloaks, their tunics, their hats, and their other garments, and they were thrown into the burning fiery furnace. Because the king’s order was urgent and the furnace overheated, the flame of the fire killed those men who took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell bound into the burning fiery furnace.

Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished and rose up in haste. He declared to his counselors, “Did we not cast three men bound into the fire?” They answered and said to the king, “True, O king.” He answered and said, “But I see four men unbound, walking in the midst of the fire, and they are not hurt; and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods.”

Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished and rose up in haste. He declared to his counselors, “Did we not cast three men bound into the fire?” They answered and said to the king, “True, O king.” He answered and said, “But I see four men unbound, walking in the midst of the fire, and they are not hurt; and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods.”Nebuchadnezzar came near to the door of the burning fiery furnace; he declared, “Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, servants of the Most High God, come out, and come here!” Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego came out from the fire. And the satraps, the prefects, the governors, and the king’s counselors gathered together and saw that the fire had not had any power over the bodies of those men. The hair of their heads was not singed, their cloaks were not harmed, and no smell of fire had come upon them. Nebuchadnezzar answered and said, “Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who has sent his angel and delivered his servants, who trusted in him, and set asidef the king’s command, and yielded up their bodies rather than serve and worship any god except their own God.”

HI miia,

When quoting an outside source, you are required to cite said source

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

God is a God of covenant, when he says something we can believe it, because God doesn’t lie or change.

“the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.” (Gen 9:16)
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is yet another very important bible verse that is
    “under your radar screen” (meaning it is not detected by you)

Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day,
    and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night,

which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of Hosts is his name:
    If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also
    shall cease from being a nation before me for ever
    . Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above
    can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast
    off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.” (Jer 31:35-37)

Think about this my dear sister in the faith:
    why would God say this to Israel if it were not true?

kerwin
    Participant

Miia,

These threads dealing with prophecy are not my prime interest since they seem to attract those that are often presumptuous.

Miia
    Participant

HI miia,

When quoting an outside source, you are required to cite said source

Ed, that is the bible, so what do you mean ‘I am required to site said source’? Did you not recognize scripture? 😀 That’s strange. You even quoted it.

As I said it is Daniel 3.

Miia
    Participant

Miia,

These threads dealing with prophecy are not my prime interest since they seem to attract those that are often presumptuous.

Kerwin, I know what you mean.

kerwin
    Participant

Miia,

When quoting the bible please give the version as well.

Miia
    Participant

Ed, I answered Genesis 9.11 and 9.16.

——————-

Regarding Jeremiah 31.35, are you forgetting there is a NEW covenant?

Jeremiah 31.33:

“For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”

Hebrews 8.6:

“But as it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second.

For he finds fault with them when he says:

“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord,
    when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel
    and with the house of Judah,
    not like the covenant that I made with their fathers
    on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt.
    For they did not continue in my covenant,
    and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord.
    For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel
    after those days, declares the Lord:
    I will put my laws into their minds,
    and write them on their hearts,
    and I will be their God,
    and they shall be my people.
    And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor
    and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’
    for they shall all know me,
    from the least of them to the greatest.
    For I will be merciful toward their iniquities,
    and I will remember their sins no more.”

In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.”

Hebrews 9.11:

“But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things that have come,e then through the greater and more perfect tent (not made with hands, that is, not of this creation) he entered once for all into the holy places, not by means of the blood of goats and calves but by means of his own blood, thus securing an eternal redemption. For if the blood of goats and bulls, and the sprinkling of defiled persons with the ashes of a heifer, sanctify for the purification of the flesh, how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God.

Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant. For where a will is involved, the death of the one who made it must be established.”

Israel is now the followers of Christ (the Church) whether Jew or Gentile, and Jerusalem is now Heavenly. “But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem”, (Hebrews 12.22).

——————

Again I ask, please go through each of the below scriptures, and tell me what they each mean to you, without the use of other scripture (I just want your plain understanding in your own words)

Of old you laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you will remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will change them like a robe, and they will pass away. (Pslam 102.25)

Jesus said: “Heaven and earth will pass away” (Matthew 24:35 and Mark 13:31).

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up. Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! (2nd Peter 3.10)

For behold, the day is coming, burning like an oven, when all the arrogant and all evildoers will be stubble. The day that is coming shall set them ablaze, says the Lord of hosts, so that it will leave them neither root nor branch. But for you who fear my name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall. And you shall tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet, on the day when I act, says the Lord of hosts. (Malachi 4)

Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. (1 Thess 4.17)

In My Father’s house are many dwelling places, if it were not so, I would have told you, for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. (John 14.2)

—————

Thank you dear Ed.

Miia
    Participant

Miia,

When quoting the bible please give the version as well.

Hi Kerwin. I usually use the English Standard Version from BibleHub.

http://biblehub.com/jeremiah/31-35.htm

But if I quote books like Wisdom which are not found in modern versions I use the Catholic Jerusalem Bible.

http://www.catholic.org/bible/book.php?id=27&bible_chapter=1

Ed J
    Participant

Ed, that is the bible, so what do you mean ‘I am required to site said source’?

Hi Miia,

Yes, like this: (Dan 3:21-28)
    Now please tell me why you posted it?

“Then these men were bound in their coats, their hosen, and their hats, and their other garments, and were cast into the midst of the burning fiery furnace. 22 Therefore because the king’s commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flame of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. 23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace. 24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king. 25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God. 26 Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the mouth of the burning fiery furnace, and spake, and said, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, ye servants of the most high God, come forth, and come hither. Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, came forth of the midst of the fire. 27 And the princes, governors, and captains, and the king’s counsellors, being gathered together, saw these men, upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was an hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them.

28 Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king’s word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God.”

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account