Worship God the Father only?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,761 through 1,780 (of 2,142 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 05 2010,08:59)

Quote (Laurel @ Dec. 05 2010,01:37)
    Mike made a good point about worshipping The Creator and not His creation!

Yes he did.  Now if we can only get Mark (Mikeangel) to understand that Jesus is God's first and best creation, and therefore should not be worshipped, he'll be well on his way. :)

mike

hi mike

:D :D :D

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Dec. 05 2010,00:11)

Quote (Baker @ Dec. 04 2010,22:29)
    To all that think that we still have to keep the Sabbath.  In

Exd 34:27 ¶ And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.  

Exd 34:28   And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.  

Notice that it is a covenant.

Exd 31:16   Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, [for] a perpetual covenant.  

Notice that the sabbath is a perpetual covenant that God made with the Children of Israel.  Unless you are Jewish, the Sabbath is not yours to keep under the penalty of sin…

In fact Jesus gave us a new covenant in

Luk 22:20   Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup [is] the new covenant in my blood, which is shed for you.  

And then he also gave us the great Commandment in

Mat 22:36   Master, which [is] the great commandment in the law?  

Mat 22:37   Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.  

Mat 22:38   This is the first and great commandment.  

Mat 22:39   And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  

Mat 22:40   On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.  

Jesus also magnified the law on the Sermon on the Mount.  Now if you are angry with your Brother, you already have committed murder in your hearth. etc.

I find that sin is not imputed to us, since we are under Jesus blood.

Rom 4:8   Blessed [is] the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.  

Now that however does not mean that we should sin whenever we want to.  In fact if we sin intentionally we will trample on Christ's scarifies…

2Pe 2:20   For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.  

2Pe 2:21   For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known [it], to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.  

Hbr 6:4   For [it is] impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,  

Hbr 6:5   And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,  

Hbr 6:6   If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put [him] to an open shame.  

In closing I like to give you what Paul said in

Rom 14:5   One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day [alike]. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.  

Rom 14:6   He that regardeth the day, regardeth [it] unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard [it]. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.  

Rom 14:7   For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.  

Rom 14:8   For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.  

We are under Christ's blood and, there I for one, will stay until I die and die to the lord…Amen

Peace Irene

Dan 7:23 “This is what he said, ‘The fourth beast is the fourth reign on earth, which is different from all other reigns, and it devours all the earth, tramples it down and crushes it.
    Dan 7:24 ‘And the ten horns are ten sovereigns from this reign. They shall rise, and another shall rise after them, and it is different from the first ones, and it humbles three sovereigns,
    Dan 7:25 and it speaks words against the Most High, and it wears out the set-apart ones of the Most High, and it intends to change appointed times1 and law2, and they are given into its hand for a time and times and half a time. Footnotes: 1This is another word for festivals. 2Changing the law amounts to lawlessness. Read in 2 Thess. 2:3-12 about “the lawless one” and the “lawlessness” which would take over (indeed, it has already taken over!) in the set-apart place, and also about Messiahʼs judgment upon the lawless “prophets” in Mt. 7:23, and the lawless “believers” in Mt. 13:41!

Laurel says,”I will let no woman judge me according to the Sabbaths, or what i should eat.”

Satan and his followers seek to change the Sabbaths!

you don't know how to read, and then Paul is wrong too, according
    to you :D :D :D

terraricca
    Participant

Laurel

do you know this scripture??

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 05 2010,01:17)
    Hi All,

About the Sabbath:

1 Cor 8 NIV
    4 So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that “An idol is nothing at all in the world” and that “There is no God but one.”

7 But not everyone possesses this knowledge. Some people are still so accustomed to idols that when they eat sacrificial food they think of it as having been sacrificed to a god, and since their conscience is weak, it is defiled. 8 But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do.

9 Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak.

Jesus said the Sabbath came into being for the benefit of man, not the other way around.  He taught this by example on a few occasions by picking grain and healing people on the Sabbath.

But if Laurel's conscience tells her to keep it as sacred, then who are we to cause her to stumble?  But that goes both ways Laurel.  (Romans  14:5)

Likewise, if someone feels that only certain foods are to be eaten, that is good if it keeps her close to God.  I think that all foods are provided by God and fit to be eaten, but I do not want to cause anyone to stumble. (Acts 10:9-16, Romans 14:20)

I also don't believe that a physical circumcision is required to become one of God's people. (Acts 10:45)  But I don't want to get in the way of someone who's conscience tells them they must be circumcised either.

peace and love,
    mike

Then my friend we cannot debate any Scripture.  I go by Scriptures, and we are here to debate them…..We are not in the Old Covenant, but the New….

Luk 22:20   Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup [is] the new covenant in my blood, which is shed for you.  

Besides that the Sabbath was never for any Gentiles.  Are you a gentile or are you a Jew… It was a suign between God and the children of Israel. It is a perpetual covenant, meaning forever.

Exd 31:16   Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, [for] a perpetual covenant.  

Jesus then gave us the great commandment in

Mat 22:36 Master, which [is] the great commandment in the law?

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.

Mat 22:39 And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Jesus also magnified the Law and made it Holy…..all said this before, which some just want to ignore…..

.Peace Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Irene,

I hear and understand what you're saying.  But remember Jesus said he did not come to abolish the Law, but to fulfill it.

All I'm saying is that if Laurel wants to keep the Sabbath and only eat certain foods, she is not going against any Law of God, right?

And if we don't keep the Sabbath and we eat whatever we want, we are not breaking any of God's Laws under the new covenant either, right?

So since no one is breaking any of God's Laws here, why tear each other down over it? What is there to “debate”?  That's all I'm saying.  :)

peace and love,
    mike

Baker
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 06 2010,03:50)
    Hi Irene,

I hear and understand what you're saying.  But remember Jesus said he did not come to abolish the Law, but to fulfill it.

All I'm saying is that if Laurel wants to keep the Sabbath and only eat certain foods, she is not going against any Law of God, right?

And if we don't keep the Sabbath and we eat whatever we want, we are not breaking any of God's Laws under the new covenant either, right?

So since no one is breaking any of God's Laws here, why tear each other down over it?  What is there to “debate”?  That's all I'm saying.  :)

peace and love,
    mike

Mike!   That is a good question.  When I read the Scriptures however, it plainly says that the Sabbath was and is a perpetual covenant for the children of Israel.  The Sabbath never was meant for us in the first place…..Unless you consider yourself a Jew.  I am a Gentile…..Since we are under the new Covenant, the Sabbath is not mentioned at all, is it??????  But if Laurel wants to keep it, that's Her, not I….  
    Peace Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Baker @ Dec. 06 2010,07:13)
    I am a Gentile…..Since we are under the new Covenant, the Sabbath is not mentioned at all, is it??? But if Laurel wants to keep it, that's Her, not I….

I agree Irene.

It's her choice; and by keeping the Sabbath, she's not breaking any of God's commandments or Jesus' teachings to us.

So she should not be waving a finger at us, and we should not be waving one at her IMO.

peace and love,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 06 2010,16:02)

Quote (Baker @ Dec. 06 2010,07:13)
    I am a Gentile…..Since we are under the new Covenant, the Sabbath is not mentioned at all, is it???  But if Laurel wants to keep it, that's Her, not I….

I agree Irene.

It's her choice; and by keeping the Sabbath, she's not breaking any of God's commandments or Jesus' teachings to us.

So she should not be waving a finger at us, and we should not be waving one at her IMO.

peace and love,
    mike

Mike

and it should be true for many things,beside the Sabbath

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

You are right Pierre.  In fact I think that about the “Do spirits have bodies” thread.  Seeing what a war it has become, I wish I never brought it up.  I don't think the answer would either save or condemn anyone, but now it's a matter defending scripture.

I just can't stand it when someone starts changing scripture to fit their personal views.  But I haven't seen on this thread how Laurel, you, Irene or myself has done that.  So in this case for sure, we should “live and let live” IMO.

mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 06 2010,17:55)
    You are right Pierre.  In fact I think that about the “Do spirits have bodies” thread.  Seeing what a war it has become, I wish I never brought it up.  I don't think the answer would either save or condemn anyone, but now it's a matter defending scripture.

I just can't stand it when someone starts changing scripture to fit their personal views.  But I haven't seen on this thread how Laurel, you, Irene or myself has done that.  So in this case for sure, we should “live and let live” IMO.

mike

Mike

the problem lays with the ego of some people not to able to give there will over to God,

and by doing so refuse Gods will for them,but they still want to be showing of there bible knowledge to all,just to see if there is anyone to share there views.

this as nothing to do with God and his word but about themselves.

I do not think that there is a way around,just as Paul at to deal with it in his years so we will have to do with it.

God knows his people Mike,this is for sure.

so let do the best we all can,let lift the banner of the word of God higher and higher.

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Okay Pierre.

:)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 06 2010,18:56)
    Okay Pierre.

Mike

the time we have on earth ,is to build in yourself the true faith in God and Christ,
    and we have to build it so it will resit all kind of storms,

and wen you build it and it is strong at your own eyes ,but God will see your hearth ,and if he is pleased with you he will make your faith grow inside you like the staff of Aaron.Nu 17:5 The staff belonging to the man I choose will sprout, and I will rid myself of this constant grumbling against you by the Israelites.”

God bless you brother

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 06 2010,19:38)
    and wen you build it and it is strong at your own eyes ,but God will see your hearth ,and if he is pleased with you he will make your faith grow inside you like the staff of Aaron.Nu 17:5

I will take those words to heart Pierre. Thanks. :)

mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 07 2010,20:14)

and wen you build it and it is strong at your own eyes ,but God will see your hearth ,and if he is pleased with you he will make your faith grow inside you like the staff of Aaron.Nu 17:5

I will take those words to heart Pierre.  Thanks. :)

mike

Baker
    Participant

Okay Pierre.

Mike

the time we have on earth ,is to build in yourself the true faith in God and Christ,

and wen you build it and it is strong at your own eyes ,but God will see your hearth ,and if he is pleased with you he will make your faith grow inside you like the staff of Aaron.Nu 17:5 The staff belonging to the man I choose will sprout, and I will rid myself of this constant grumbling against you by the Israelites.”

God bless you brother

Pierre

I agree….How true that is. When I look back how God has worked with me, it is amazing. When the JW first told us about John 1:1 we said they are crazy…. Now I see it. To take it not only as the word of God, but also that The Word of God became flesh…..Then He showed me Rev. 19:13-16. And I said Hallelujah, Praise God….

Peace Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Dec. 08 2010,07:30)

Okay Pierre.

Mike

God bless you brother

Pierre

I agree….How true that is.  When I look back how God has worked with me, it is amazing.  When the JW first told us about John 1:1 we said they are crazy…. Now I see it.  To take it not only as the word of God, but also that The Word of God became flesh…..Then He showed me Rev. 19:13-16.  And I said Hallelujah, Praise God….

Peace Irene

hi Irene

how you doing with your harm??

how is georg??

love you both.

:) :)

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 08 2010,07:29)

Quote (Baker @ Dec. 08 2010,07:30)

Okay Pierre.

Mike

God bless you brother

Pierre

I agree….How true that is.  When I look back how God has worked with me, it is amazing.  When the JW first told us about John 1:1 we said they are crazy…. Now I see it.  To take it not only as the word of God, but also that The Word of God became flesh…..Then He showed me Rev. 19:13-16.  And I said Hallelujah, Praise God….

Peace Irene

hi Irene

how you doing with your harm??

how is georg??

love you both.

:)  :)

Pierre

Hi, thank you for asking. My arm is better, but not all the way. My Doctor told me yesterday that it will take time to heal. The injury is deep to the bone….I have to go back to see Him tomorrow, because of a growth on my Stomach that has grown larger. Would appreciate your prayers for that…..When it rains it pores…Georg is fine He said…….Peace Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 06 2010,10:55)

I just can't stand it when someone starts changing scripture to fit their personal views.  

mike

Hi Mike,

You mean like you wanting to add the indefinite article a to John 1:1 to fit ‘your’ personal views?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 07 2010,17:29)

I just can't stand it when someone starts changing scripture to fit their personal views.  

mike

Hi Mike,

You mean like you wanting to add the indefinite article a to John 1:1 to fit ‘your’ personal views?

God bless

Touché

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 08 2010,16:32)

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 07 2010,17:29)

mike

Hi Mike,

God bless

Touché  

WJ

like you monkey,were you get them??

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 1,761 through 1,780 (of 2,142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account