Worship God the Father only?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,661 through 1,680 (of 2,142 total)
  • Author
    Baker
    Participant

Mark!  If you believe that Almighty God in one God and there is none beside Him, then IMO we should worship God alone.  
    Psa 82:1 ¶ [[A Psalm of Asaph.]] God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.  

Isa 42:8   I [am] the LORD: that [is] my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.  

Exd 8:10   And he said, To morrow. And he said, [Be it] according to thy word: that thou mayest know that [there is] none like unto the LORD our God.  

Deu 4:35   Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he [is] God; [there is] none else beside him.  

Isa 45:18 ¶ For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I [am] the LORD; and [there is] none else.  

Isa 46:9   Remember the former things of old: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else; God, and [there is] none like me,  

In all of these Old Testament Scriptures LORD is in all capital letters, signifying that Almighty God is LORD, there is none besides Him.

Deu 6:4 ¶ Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD:

1Cr 8:4   As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that [there is] none other God but one.  

Eph 4:4   [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;  

Eph 4:5   One Lord, one faith, one baptism,  

Eph 4:6   One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.  

And by Jesus own words in

Jhn 14:28   Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.  

The trinity doctrine is not of God, but of men.  It was Quintus Septimus Florence Tertullian who after three brutal and bloody century came up with the trinity.  It was Constantine who made it into law at the first ecumenical council in Nicea.

Mat 15:9   But in vain they do worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.  

We should all heed that warning….IMO    IRENE

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Nov. 29 2010,22:08)
    Theo,
    I hope you know that was ment for terrica and Mikeboll.

I read it, and it makes sense to me. I also understand what Kathi is saying. I think that after he died, it says “he gave up his sprit” and I do not know and haven't studied it enough to state it. IMO I think he in spirit gathered those already laid to rest. It says in one of the gospels that some of the saints that were dead were raised and appeared to many. I do not know exactly where Jesus' spirit went then or why, but I know that he rose from the dead and ascended to heaven. Thats what  is important to me, and those who believe in him as Lord and savior will share in that. Godbless

Greetings Mike….My feeling is the only beings residing in heaven as we speak is the Father,Jesus and the Angels…Every body else is just dead…for the dead sleep,for the dead know nothing,and to dust we will all return…The first born of the dead was Jesus and I doubt that he raised any body after his resurection….we will all give up our spirit upon death that is what will render us as knowing nothing….IMO..

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Nov. 29 2010,22:26)
    Theo,

I dod see this in readong my post again-

Psalms 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. (Messianic Psalm)
    Jesus is the Holy One.
    Acts 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

This infers he was in hell before he was raised imo. Love-Mark

Greetings Mike…..My feeling is that hell is not open for business just yet…The term hell received its celebrity with the introduction of Dante' Devine Comedy,( eg.Dante' Inferno) where hell was depicted to be a rather ugly place with several levels, depending on the degree of heretic you were….The translation of the scriptures does not enjoy the devine inspiration that is afforded the written word in all cases because of the failable men that performed the task and for that reason not everything you read is Gospel…..God reveals the truth to those whom he sees fit and with the presense of his spirit we are able to gleen the truth from the written word…

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 26 2010,16:43)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 27 2010,13:04)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 26 2010,13:30)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 27 2010,05:08)
    Now back to other questions you have not answered…

No Keith, how about “back to MY question” first.  For it will clear up everything.

Keith, would you EVER worship someone who is NOT God Almighty?  YES or NO.

peace and love,
    mike

Mike

The answer is NO, NO, NO. Now how do you answer my questions? Tell me how you can solve this conundrum that you have?

• Now what is it in your description of worshipping the Father that you do not do to Jesus?
  • Would you follow Jesus commands even if it meant you would have to die for his names sake?
  • Are you a prisoner of Jesus Christ?
  • Are you his Bondslave?
  • Can you serve and bow down to anyone with that kind of devotion except God without violating the Mosaic law?

WJ

• WJ

were are those scriptures that requesting what you ask????

Pierre

For this cause I Paul, “THE PRISONER OF JESUS CHRIST” for you Gentiles, Eph 3:1

Paul, “A SERVANT (SLAVE) OF JESUS CHRIST“, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,Rom 1:1

Paul and Timotheus, “THE SERVANTS (SLAVES) OF JESUS CHRIST“, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons: Phil 1:1

Paul, “A PRISONER OF JESUS CHRIST“, and Timothy our brother, unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellowlabourer, Phm 1:1

Yet for love's sake I rather beseech thee, being such an one as Paul the aged, and now also “A PRISONER OF JESUS CHRIST”. Phm 1:9

Simon Peter, “A SERVANT (SLAVE) AND AN APOSTLE OF JESUS CHRIST“, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1

And he said to them all, “If any man will COME AFTER ME, let him DENY HIMSELF, and TAKE UP HIS CROSS daily, and FOLLOW ME”. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: “but WHOSOEVER WILL LOSE HIS LIFE FOR MY SAKE, the same shall save it”. For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away? For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels. Luke 9:23-26

Now would you care to answer the questions directly without spin as Mike just did?

• Now what is it in your description of worshipping the Father that you do not do to Jesus?
  • Would you follow Jesus commands even if it meant you would have to die for his names sake?
  • Are you his Bondslave?
  • Can you serve and bow down to anyone with that kind of devotion except God without violating the Mosaic law?

They are simple yes and no questions!

WJ

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 27 2010,18:53)
As far as your questions, insert “King David” in place of Jesus, and the answers would be the same.

HaHa Mike

Nice spin. But David never commanded any one that followed him to die for “HIS NAMES SAKE” did he?

Ok so lets say it is David then answer the following questions…

• Would you follow Davids commands even if it meant you would have to die for HIS (Davids) NAMES SAKE?

Rememeber Jesus didn't say for my Fathers name sake did he?

• Would you be a prisoner (a captive) to David (even to death)?
  • Would you be his Bondslave (even to death)?
  • Could you serve and bow down to David with that kind of devotion, a total abondonment of self “TO HIM” without violating the Mosaic law?
  • Could you or any of Davids servants follow David even to death “FOR DAVID'S NAME SAKE” without violating the Mosaic law?

WJ

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 27 2010,13:17)
    worship =is what you believe ,and render your devotion to,

Pierre

Good point.

The scriptures teach that you have to believe in Jesus to be saved and follow him even to a martyrs death if he so requires.

That kind of devotion to a being is “worship” and would be a violation of the Mosaic Law unless Jesus is God!

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 30 2010,12:40)

Pierre

Good point.

The scriptures teach that you have to believe in Jesus to be saved and follow him even to a martyrs death if he so requires.

That kind of devotion to a being is “worship” and would be a violation of the Mosaic Law unless Jesus is God!

WJ

WJ

No you are wrong,but I will explain why you are wrong ,a little latter tonight,

I have things to do ,but will not forget,

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 30 2010,01:11)

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 29 2010,01:48)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 30 2010,00:14)

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 28 2010,20:06)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 29 2010,15:13)
    Pierre,
    Interesting question.  We will be perfect and will always do what the Father and Son ask.

Gal 5:18-23
    18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.
    19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,
    20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
    21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
    23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

NASU

Kathi

this is not answering the question,because how do you explain Satan corruption??

Pierre

Hi Pierre,
    I was referring to the new heavens and the new earth.  What the 'rules' were in heaven when satan fell I don't know.

Kathi

the rule(s) have never changed and will never change ;because God is the same past, present and future,

Pierre

Pierre,
    He has the freedom to change the rules.  His character is what is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, not the 'rules.'

The rules on circumcision changed, for instance.

Kathi

wrong,God does not change ,he never did,it is us who turning around of refusing to accept him as our father,

Paul said LOVE will remain forever

Pierre

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 29 2010,14:01)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 30 2010,12:40)

Pierre

Good point.

WJ

WJ

No you are wrong,but I will explain why you are wrong ,a little latter tonight,

I have things to do ,but will not forget,

Pierre

Pierre

I see, so you are going to explain how you do not give Jesus that kind of devotion?

Should be interesting!

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 30 2010,10:44)

No Keith, how about “back to MY question” first.  For it will clear up everything.

peace and love,
    mike

Mike

The answer is NO, NO, NO. Now how do you answer my questions? Tell me how you can solve this conundrum that you have?

• Are you his Bondslave?

WJ

• WJ

Pierre

Paul, “A SERVANT (SLAVE) OF JESUS CHRIST“, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,Rom 1:1

Paul and Timotheus, “THE SERVANTS (SLAVES) OF JESUS CHRIST“, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons: Phil 1:1

Paul, “A PRISONER OF JESUS CHRIST“, and Timothy our brother, unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellowlabourer, Phm 1:1

Yet for love's sake I rather beseech thee, being such an one as Paul the aged, and now also “A PRISONER OF JESUS CHRIST”. Phm 1:9

Simon Peter, “A SERVANT (SLAVE) AND AN APOSTLE OF JESUS CHRIST“, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1

And he said to them all, “If any man will COME AFTER ME, let him DENY HIMSELF, and TAKE UP HIS CROSS daily, and FOLLOW ME”. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: “but WHOSOEVER WILL LOSE HIS LIFE FOR MY SAKE, the same shall save it”. For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away? For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels. Luke 9:23-26

Now would you care to answer the questions directly without spin as Mike just did?

• Are you his Bondslave?

WJ

• WJ

I will answer you tonight on all your scriptures

Pierre

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 29 2010,14:06)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 30 2010,10:44)

peace and love,
    mike

Mike

• Are you his Bondslave?

WJ

• WJ

Pierre

• Are you his Bondslave?

WJ

• WJ

I will answer you tonight on all your scriptures

Pierre

How about answering my questions as well?

mikeangel
    Participant

Theo,
    When the man crucified with jesus asked him to remember him when he came into his glory, What did Jesus mean when he said” Today, you will be with me in paradise”, not “when the dead awake”, but today? Peace-Mark

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 30 2010,05:40)

Pierre

Good point.

WJ

Yup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Nov. 30 2010,16:20)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 30 2010,05:40)

Pierre

Good point.

WJ

Yup.

Mark

this also applies to false believe,

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 29 2010,14:04)

Pierre,
    Interesting question.  We will be perfect and will always do what the Father and Son ask.

19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,
    20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
    21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

NASU

Kathi

this is not answering the question,because how do you explain Satan corruption??

Pierre

Hi Pierre,
    I was referring to the new heavens and the new earth.  What the 'rules' were in heaven when satan fell I don't know.

Kathi

the rule(s) have never changed and will never change ;because God is the same past, present and future,

Pierre

Pierre,
    He has the freedom to change the rules.  His character is what is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, not the 'rules.'

Kathi

wrong,God does not change ,he never did,it is us who turning around of refusing to accept him as our father,

Pierre

Like I said Pierre,
    God's character never changes. Sometimes He appears to change His mind though and that is His privilege. He is God after all.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Nov. 29 2010,04:54)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 29 2010,18:07)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 28 2010,20:50)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 29 2010,06:19)
    His body was resurrected and the spirit was returned to it and the resurrected body is what was granted immortality.  The pre-existing eternal essence of Christ did not die.  The human essence of Christ died.

Hi Kathi,

All I know is that Jesus died the same way other men die.  All of our spirits go back to God.  And all of our spirits will someday be returned.  But Jesus said not all will “taste death” and Paul says Jesus “tasted death” for us all.

I think after Jesus, some went right from their mortal bodies to the immortal ones in heaven without waiting for the judgement day.  Jesus was NOT one of those, for he definitely “tasted death”, so he was as dead as any other man can be.

But if you think Jesus always was immortal because God gave him back his spirit, then those of us who are raised to immortality could also say we were immortal from the beginning because only our bodies died, and our spirits remained alive with God until He gave them back to us.

Does this make sense?  I'm kind of tired.  :)

mike

Mike,
    Yes, you made sense but you have switched my words 'eternal essence' into the idea of 'immortality.'  Having immortality is what we become after attaining eternal life.  We did not need to have eternal essence to attain eternal life/immortality.  Eternal essence that I apply to the Father and the Son is a divine essence that always existed in the past.

I am not questioning if Jesus tasted death, yes He tasted death.  He felt the pain all over his body and I am sure it was excruciating and He stopped breathing.  His body was buried, His spirit went to the Father, His soul went to Hades to set the believing captives free from what I see.  Then on the third day the body, soul and spirit were reunited and this time the body was a glorified body and many were resurrected.  Here are some verses:

ET ©
    Acts 2:31 David by foreseeing this spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was neither abandoned to Hades,  nor did his body experience decay.

NKJV ©
    Act 2:31
    “he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption

Eph 4:8-10
    8 Therefore it says, “WHEN HE ASCENDED ON HIGH, HE LED CAPTIVE A HOST OF CAPTIVES, AND HE GAVE GIFTS TO MEN.”
    9 (Now this expression, “He ascended,” what does it mean except that He also had descended into the lower parts of the earth?
    10 He who descended is Himself also He who ascended far above all the heavens, so that He might fill all things.)
    NASU

Greetings Kathi……I detect a thread of the creed in your recital….not to deminish the substance of the verbeage of the creed,my issue lies with the authors and its purpose…Having said that,lets examine the term HADES.In those days hades was the garbage dump for the community that consisted of several burning fires for the consumption of refuse….Hell on the other hand was a term used to describe a hole in the ground that had multiple purposes one of which was burial as well as storage of certain produce…If we examine the events following the crucifixion we see that Jesus was placed in a Tomb,not a hole in the ground or a garbage dump…..He experienced death and was born of it,therefore his body never decayed,he rose from the dead body and all…..The events that followed is a glaring example of what God has planned for all of us….

Hi Ted,
    Yes, that descending into hell bit is included in the Nicene Creed. Unlike you, I think the creed is scriptural. I am aware that Jesus's body was not placed in a garbage dump or a hole in the ground but in a tomb. I do believe that it was only His body that was placed there because He had asked the Father to receive His spirit and scripture says that His soul descended into the lower parts of the earth and that has been described as where the departed saints were but it has been a while so I should revisit it. I'm sure that there is a topic about it.

I'm not sure why you think hell is 'not open' right now and maybe we can find an appropriate thread to discuss it in.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 28 2010,20:55)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 29 2010,08:13)
    Pierre,

Hi Kathi,

I have to agree with Pierre on this one.  It would seem that being immortal and having a heavenly body does not make one “perfect” and mean they obey all of God's commands.  For Satan and a third of God's angels do not fit in with this reasoning.

I believe we are being perfected as we learn truth.  But God doesn't want robots who can't possibly mess up.  He wants faithful servants who know the rules completely and CHOOSE not to mess up.

He wants a bunch of little Jesus' running around heaven! :)

peace and love,
    mike

Hi Mike,
    I wouldn't equate 'perfect' with 'programmed.' We will be perfect, not robots. And we won't be a lot of 'little Jesus's' running around. God made us all unique and we will continue to be unique but even better, we will truly be what He meant for us to be and we will be perfect at it and perfect in character too. It is going to be awesome.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 30 2010,05:24)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 27 2010,18:53)
    As far as your questions, insert “King David” in place of Jesus, and the answers would be the same.

HaHa Mike

Nice spin. But David never commanded any one that followed him to die for “HIS NAMES SAKE” did he?

Ok so lets say it is David then answer the following questions…

• Would you follow Davids commands even if it meant you would have to die for HIS (Davids) NAMES SAKE?

Rememeber Jesus didn't say for my Fathers name sake did he?

• Would you be a prisoner (a captive) to David (even to death)?
  • Would you be his Bondslave (even to death)?
  • Could you serve and bow down to David with that kind of devotion, a total abondonment of self “TO HIM” without violating the Mosaic law?
  • Could you or any of Davids servants follow David even to death “FOR DAVID'S NAME SAKE” without violating the Mosaic law?

WJ

• Yes to All Keith,

Also yes if it had been Samuel, or Elisha, or Moses, and so on.

“I would die for King and country”. I would have died to defend the NAME of my King David who I knew was appointed by God. Get it Keith?

Now, we both agree we won't worship someone who isn't God Almighty, right? So the real question is “Who is God Almighty?”

Mark has listed MANY scriptures, as I knew he would. It is just like you do Keith. :) You guys know that one by one, those scriptures clearly don't say that Jesus is God Almighty, so you MUST list them in a barrage so it “looks” convincing. :)

I'm going to move Mark's two posts with the scriptures to another thread and Pierre, Irene, I and others are going to show him how not one of them really says “Jesus is God”. You wanna play too? :)

But there will be rules. Only ONE scripture will be discussed at a time. Can you play by those rules Keith? :)

peace and love to you
    I hope God is working your issue at home out favorably for you
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 30 2010,18:15)

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 29 2010,14:04)

Pierre,

NASU

Kathi

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Kathi

Pierre

Pierre,

Kathi

Pierre

Like I said Pierre,
    God's character never changes. Sometimes He appears to change His mind though and that is His privilege.   He is God after all.

Kathi

so ,what is the rule(s) in heaven? you never answered that question,

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (mikeangel @ Nov. 30 2010,09:12)
    Theo,
    When the man crucified with jesus asked him to remember him when he came into his glory, What did Jesus mean when he said” Today, you will be with me in paradise”, not “when the dead awake”, but today? Peace-Mark

Hi Mark

That's another mistranslation.  Jesus actually said, “TODAY I say to you – you will be with me in paradise”.  Jesus didn't go to heaven for 43 more days after that, so was Jesus calling Hades a “paradise”?

Anyway, I'm moving your scriptures to a new thread.  There we all will discuss them one scripture at a time.  You will see many more mistranslations explained just like the one above.

You can join us there if you want.  But I personally thank you for putting all of those “trinity proof texts” together.  Now the rest of us can really bone up on scripture and language and translations and such.

I will call the thread, “Scriptures that prove Jesus is God”.  I hope to see both you and Keith there.

peace and love,
    mike

Viewing 20 posts - 1,661 through 1,680 (of 2,142 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
    or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account