Worship God the Father only?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,501 through 1,520 (of 2,142 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 24 2010,07:22)
    They talk the talk but do not walk the walk by giving Jesus the same honour as the Father.

“Scripture cannot be broken” – Jesus

“Not the least pen stroke of letter of the Law will by any means pass away” – Jesus

“Scripture says to worship YHVH your God and serve Him only” – Jesus

“Jesus required total devotion from his followers even if it meant their death as a Martyr. That my friend is worship.” – Keith

“Why do you call me Lord and not do what I say?” – Jesus

shimmer
    Participant

SF

“There is a time for everything under the heavens, there is a time to speak and a time to be silent.
    In silence we can listen, thats why when we pray there must be a time to listen… ”   -SF

I completly agree.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Nov. 24 2010,12:07)
    Ya know, I didn't even get into this. When all the churches in the entire country get up and sing, dance, and praise and pray to Jesus, and are instructed to heal drive out demons in his name etc. etc. it is wrong? Thanks for bring that up Shimmer- Peace and love- hope everything is well- Mark

Am well, thanks Mark.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

Is the son of the King also the King?

The son of the king himself are both royalty because of the family relationship and are both treated as royalty.
    The Son of Jehovah and Jehovah Himself are both divinity because of the family relationship and both should be treated as divinity.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 24 2010,06:46)
    What is your definition of obeisance? And, can a Christian offer obeisance towards God?  Can a Christian offer obeisance towards a god?

Hi Kathi,

I'm reading 2 Timothy now, and Paul keeps urging us to not get involved with arguments over words.  He has been saying this in the last 5 books I've read – over and over.

The bottom line is that we all agree we have but ONE God.  Paul says it is the Father.  So does Jesus.

We all agree that scripture says to worship ONLY God, and therefore – ONLY THE FATHER.

If the ONLY God we have is the Father, and we are told to ONLY worship God, then it's pretty clear cut.

Jesus is the Son of God, and therefore cannot actually BE God.  Jesus says that our God is also his God, so he cannot be God because God does not HAVE a God.

Jesus is NOT God.  Worship ONLY God.

That's what I will do.  You worship Jesus if you want, I will continue to worship his God and my God.

peace and love,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 24 2010,12:35)
    Mike,

The son of the king himself are both royalty because of the family relationship and are both treated as royalty.
    The Son of Jehovah and Jehovah Himself are both divinity because of the family relationship and both should be treated as divinity.

Hi Kathi,

Was that a YES or a NO to my actual question?

mike

Lightenup
    Participant

“Scripture says to worship YHVH your God and serve Him only”

Many can see that this is to include God's image and spirit…some can't. That's all. It's about faith…lessor and greater. Faith comes in different amounts and those with the greater faith will see the mightier, fuller God. Those with little faith will see a less mighty God. The bigger, more fuller God is the bigger the faith one will have that sees it.

Who worships God but only the God without Jesus? Then you worship a God without an outstretched Arm.

If you can worship a God with an outstretched Arm to save and protect you then why would you choose to only worship God without His outstretched Arm? God is greater with the outstretched Arm than without. Great faith is for a great God.

How does one grow in their faith? First of all, you need to realize that you may not know everything and that there is more to God than what you understand so far. There always is going to be more to God and there will always be 'new wine' for the old wine skin. We ought to be more willing to see His greatness as it gets bigger and fuller.

I worship the God with the outstretched Arm and the outstretched Arm is named God's Son-Jesus and God is the Father.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 23 2010,20:37)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 24 2010,12:35)
    Mike,

Hi Kathi,

Was that a YES or a NO to my actual question?

mike

In Jesus's case, the Son of the King is also a King. In an earthly case, the son of the king is the future king.

The Son is of the same divinity as the Father.
    The earthly son of a king is the same royalty as his father, the king.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 24 2010,12:59)
    In an earthly case, the son of the king is the future king.

That is not always the case Kathi. David had many sons. Was each son of King David king?

The Son OF God is not God. The Son OF God has a God Kathi. His God is also our God. There is only ONE God, and therefore only ONE who is worthy of our worship.

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 24 2010,12:56)
    If you can worship a God with an outstretched Arm to save and protect you then why would you choose to only worship God without His outstretched Arm?

Well then, you better get to worshipping Cyrus too.

mike

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike get to know the difference between the outstretched Arm that is divine and that which is earthy. One is temporal and the other is eternal. It isn't hard.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 23 2010,21:27)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 24 2010,12:59)
    In an earthly case, the son of the king is the future king.

That is not always the case Kathi.  David had many sons.  Was each son of King David king?

The Son OF God is not God.  The Son OF God has a God Kathi.  His God is also our God.  There is only ONE God, and therefore only ONE who is worthy of our worship.

mike

Mike,
    But God only has one Son and that Son is the begotten God. You admit that, you call Him the begotten god.

The God with the begotten God is greater than the God with the begotten god.

It takes more faith to believe in the God with the begotten God. Greater faith is the direction we ought to go. If I were to believe you, I would have to go from greater faith to lessor faith. Why would I do that? You aren't that smooth of a talker :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi,

Sorry, but you have started talking nonsense.  God with “God” is greater than God with “god”?  ???

It's okay to worship a “divine” arm but not a “temporal” arm?  ???

God is God Kathi.  It doesn't matter who or what He is with at any given time.  God is God and we are to worship God.

“Why do you call me Lord and not do what I say?” – Jesus

Do what he says Kathi.  THAT is the greater faith.

mike

Lightenup
    Participant

Is Jesus the begotten god to you Mike?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Yes. The ONLY begotten god – according to John 1:18.

But Satan is also a god Kathi. Should we worship him?

mike

shimmer
    Participant

Mike, kathi is just like bod, you and JA and others keep taking the bait. She talks smoothly to you thinking you will listen.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    But is satan an only begotten god?

Lightenup
    Participant

Shimmer,
    Do you ever have anything nice to say to me?

shimmer
    Participant

I used to. Untill you went against me.

Mike, all this does is confuse you and your thinking, taking you away from what you know and what works for you.

I learnt that.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

No worries Shimmer.  Kathi knows I can take the words she just posted to me and direct them back at her…………

If I were to believe you, I would have to go from greater faith to lessor faith.  Why would I do that?  You aren't that smooth of a talker  

:)

We just have a friendly banter about this once in a while.  She knows that only scripture will change my mind.  Shimmer, I think you know this about me by now also. :)

Scripture, scripture, scripture

peace and love to both of you,
    mike

Viewing 20 posts - 1,501 through 1,520 (of 2,142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account