Worship God the Father only?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,241 through 1,260 (of 2,142 total)
  • Author
    shimmer
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 11 2010,15:02)

Quote (mikeangel @ Nov. 11 2010,11:47)
    “However, there is no other man that is worthy of the position of “Lord and Christ” over all of humanity, and yet, he is a man and not God.  He is the “King of kings and the Lord of Lords”.”

Marty,

When Jesus rose from the dead, and appeared to the apostles without Thomas, and then appeared again to them and Thomas was with them, He responded “My Lord and My God”. to which Jesus replied ” you believe because you have seen “. If he wasn't God wouldn't he have said “I'm not God, I'm his son”. If you believe scripture is truth how can you explain that? Peace- Mark

Hi Mark:

I do believe scripture, and God has revealed to humanity that Jesus is “the Christ, the Son of the Living God” through the Apostle Peter in Matthew 16.  Many other scriptures also, and so, do you want to question this based on a statement of suprise by the Apostle Thomas?

What was it that the Apostle Thomas was having difficulty believing?

Thomas did not believe that Jesus had been raised from the dead.  Here is the account:

John 20:25The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the LORD. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

26And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

27Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

28And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.

29Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

30And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:

31But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Verse 31 of this account, “But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God…”

And Jesus said the following in verses preceeding this account with the Apostle Thomas:

John 2015Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.

16Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.

17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Mark, he said,“go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.”

I hope that this answers your question.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty, I agree. This could be said in amazement, example, when you see something unbelievable, something God has done (And Jesus being raised from the dead in the flesh was amazing and showed that all Jesus said was true) so Thomas amazed says “My Lord, My God” in amazement, not nessesarily that He is calling Jesus God at all. But the work that has been done in him.

And as it ends “But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God”

Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Nov. 11 2010,22:24)
    Marty,
        The incarnation of Jesus is both a mystery and a miracle, and we humans cannot possibly comprehend his complete identity. Jesus gave us an example of humility, in that although he was on and the same with his father he did not” lord it over us” , and was kind and humble like we all should be. IMO that statement wasnt just a impulseive statement of suprise, it was a fact. But even besides that instance there are many other scriptures that say that Jesus is God. God is God, I assume you agree with that. In John 10;30 Jesus states “I and the Father are one” . Also It says in scripture ” Whoever has seen me has seen the Father”. You have to believe Jesus himself. He said it not me. You no doubt have been taught or led by some other influance, and I understand that. You will no doubt start giving reasonings and quoting a few scripptures stating him as Son and Savior, which I agree he is. We worship Jesus. There are many instances where Jesus is worshiped in the Gospels, such as the man who was blind from birth when he found out Jesus healed him. Wouldn't that be blasphemous if he was not God? Jesus said Matt 4:10 “you shall do homage to the Lord your God;him alone shall you adore”, also Mark 12:29 “This is the first:'Hear O Isreal! The Lord our God is Lord alone!”. Then in verse 35 “How can the scribes claim 'The messiah is davids Son'? David himself, inspired by the Holy Spirit,said

The Lord said to my Lord: Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool.

If  David adresses him as 'Lord,' in what sense can he be his son?”

Philippians 2:6″ Though he was in the form of God ”   How could he be in the form of god if he was only his son?

We are sons of God, he is our father, the first sentance of the prayer Jesus gave us. He is son of God, also “Lord”, because he humbled himself to share in our humanity and give us an example of humility, which is one aspect we humans have an extremely hard time of mastering due to our vanity in thinking we know anything, which in reality we know very little. It is extreemly dangerous to me not to believe that Jesus is Lord. I will always believe what Thomas exclaimed “My Lord and My God” To him be honor, power, glory, might, praise, homage and worship for ever and ever, Amen. Peace-Mark

Hi Mark:

And so, what about the scriptures that I have given you relative to your question? He said go tell my brethren, I am ascending to my Father and to your Father, and to my God and your God.

He is my Lord, but he himself told me that he is not my God.

Hebrews 1 states that he is “the express image of God's person”, and John 14 states: “he who has seen me has seen the Father”.  Howso, if your will read John 14 you will see that it was through the works of obedience to God's Word that we have seen the Father.  In other words through the life that Jesus lived, and also, people should see God through the life that we live as Christians as disciples of the Lord.

He was in the “form of God” as God's Christ.  He had the power to forgive sins, given to him by God, for example.  To be in the form of God, does not make him God.

He is the “last Adam” 1 Co 15 if you want to read.  And 1 Timothy 2:5 states: “that there is “one God” and one mediator between God and men, “the man, Christ Jesus”.

Is that not good enough for you?  Why do you want to keep insisting on your doctrine when the scriptures plainly tell us that Jesus is a man.

We do not worship Jesus as God or at least we should not.  He said:

John 4:23But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Yes, David speaking by the Spirit says: “The LORD” said unto my lord sit at my right hand….    This also makes it clear that there is ONE GOD, and Jesus is is lord at his right hand.  True he is not just any ordinary man, but “He is The Son of the Most High God”, “The Only Begotten Son of God”.

I will quote just one more verse for you to show that Jesus said that there is but one God, and he did not say that it was him.

John 17
    1These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

If you will accept correction that is coming from God to you through the scriptures, then we can walk in unity teaching the Word of God in truth.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 11 2010,16:49)
    If you will accept correction that is coming from God to you through the scriptures, then we can walk in unity teaching the Word of God in truth.

HaHaHa Marty

If you would accept correction through the Word of God that Jesus is God then we could walk in unity, and you might find unity in your church also!

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 12 2010,16:28)

HaHaHa Marty

If you would accept correction through the Word of God that Jesus is God then we could walk in unity, and you might find unity in your church also!

WJ

WJ

keep this way of talk and you be soon qualified to be a free mason.

Pierre

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 12 2010,09:28)

HaHaHa Marty

WJ

Hi Keith:

In my moring prayer to my Father every day, I ask him to correct me if I am teaching anything that is not His Word or doing anything that is not His will, how about you?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

And, WJ:

It is not my church, and Jesus stated: “Upon this Rock, I will build my church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it”.  Please show me where in the scriptures did Jesus or the Apostles teach that God is a “Trinity”, and show me also, where it says that I must believe this doctrine in order to be saved.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Nov. 12 2010,07:52)

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 11 2010,15:02)

Quote (mikeangel @ Nov. 11 2010,11:47)
    “However, there is no other man that is worthy of the position of “Lord and Christ” over all of humanity, and yet, he is a man and not God.  He is the “King of kings and the Lord of Lords”.”

Marty,

When Jesus rose from the dead, and appeared to the apostles without Thomas, and then appeared again to them and Thomas was with them, He responded “My Lord and My God”. to which Jesus replied ” you believe because you have seen “. If he wasn't God wouldn't he have said “I'm not God, I'm his son”. If you believe scripture is truth how can you explain that? Peace- Mark

Hi Mark:

I do believe scripture, and God has revealed to humanity that Jesus is “the Christ, the Son of the Living God” through the Apostle Peter in Matthew 16.  Many other scriptures also, and so, do you want to question this based on a statement of suprise by the Apostle Thomas?

What was it that the Apostle Thomas was having difficulty believing?

Thomas did not believe that Jesus had been raised from the dead.  Here is the account:

John 20:25The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the LORD. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

26And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

27Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

28And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.

29Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

30And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:

31But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Verse 31 of this account, “But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God…”

And Jesus said the following in verses preceeding this account with the Apostle Thomas:

John 2015Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.

16Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.

17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Mark, he said,“go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.”

I hope that this answers your question.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty, I agree. This could be said in amazement, example, when you see something unbelievable, something God has done (And Jesus being raised from the dead in the flesh was amazing and showed that all Jesus said was true) so Thomas amazed says “My Lord, My God” in amazement, not nessesarily that He is calling Jesus God at all. But the work that has been done in him.

And as it ends “But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God”

Hi Shimmer:

The author of the gospel of John could of said: these things are witten that you might believe that Jesus is God, but he did not, he said: “that your might be believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 12 2010,05:47)
    What I have found is during this time the Romans were Polytheist and worshipped many gods, and in fact they worshipped Caesar as a god. So it is not uncommon that they would be worshipping Jesus as a “King” in a mocking way for they worshipped their King.

Hi Keith,

You kind of skimmed over the fact that two different words were used for what the soldiers did to Jesus – and one of them has nothing to do with “God-Worship”.  

Do you think Matthew thought the soldiers mocked bowing to a king, but Mark thought they mocked worshipping him as a god?  ???

And “God-worship” is the term I've come up with to distinguish the uses of “proskuneo”.  By “God-Worship”, I mean paying homage to something or someone as if they were Jehovah God Himself – or any other thing or person that one would worship as his “god” or one of his “gods”.  That could be angels, demons, men, goats, idols, whatever.  So if someone is performing “God-Worship” to an idol, he is worshipping the idol as if he thinks it is a god who can hear or help him.  Get it?

So, back to whether the soldiers were “God-Worshipping” Jesus.  You say they worshipped their emperor as a god.  Yes, that is true.  Would they have worshipped any other king as a god?

In order for your research to pay off for you, Jesus would have had to claim he was Caesar himself.  For Caesar is the only king the soldiers would have worshipped.  So if Jesus had claimed that he was the Emperor of Rome, then I could see the soldiers mock God-Worshipping him.  But since the soldiers would never God-Worship any other king besides Caesar, then they would also not mock God-Worship them.

You see Keith, you have gone long and far serching out any possible way for “proskuneo” to have meant “God-Worship” in the Mark account.  But it is not even “proskuneo” that Matthew uses to describe the same exact action.  So that right there makes it clear that, at least according to Matthew, the soldiers were NOT mocking “God-Worship” before Jesus.  And since “proskuneo” can mean either action, then we have a dilemma.  Either the scriptures are broken and two inspired writers have totally differed in their accounts of an event………or the use of “proskuneo” by Mark was not meant to convey “God-Worship”.  One of these things is possible, and the other is not. :)

Keith:

I want to thank you and David for bringing this up for it has caused me to dig deeper

I am glad for that.  I owe much thanks to you and Jack and all the others on this site that claim unscriptural things for the same reason.  I would never have delved as deeply into scriptures were it not for you guys.  So I represent your remark.

Keith:

I am looking for clear examples in the NT where this is so, yet I have found none.

I completely understand your statement.  You are basically saying that although “proskuneo” is used many times in the LXX where it has nothing at all to do with “God-Worship”, because you feel safe there are no proveable occurances in the NT, you will limit our “proskuneo” discussion to the NT. :D

So what you inadvertently claim is that these NT writers who learned scripture from the LXX and saw “proskuneo” used many times to convey the reverence paid to someone other than God, somehow forgot that it could be used for either God-Worship OR reverence paid to someone other than God, and so they ONLY used that word to convey God-Worship in the NT. :D

Well, I've listed three CLEAR occasions in the NT when it wasn't God-Worship.  And I've pointed out that the one time Jesus was knelt down before, the Pharisees were watching.  Do you know the charge the Pharisees finally had to settle with to have Jesus killed?

John 19:6-7 NIV
    6 As soon as the chief priests and their officials saw him, they shouted, “Crucify! Crucify!”

But Pilate answered, “You take him and crucify him. As for me, I find no basis for a charge against him.”

7 The Jewish leaders insisted, “We have a law, and according to that law he must die, because he claimed to be the Son of God.”

So after bringing many people in to lie about Jesus and still finding no real charge to have him killed, it all boiled down to him claiming he was the Son of God.  Don't you think that they could have avoided all the liars' testimonies and just killed him for accepting God-Worship from a fellow Jew?  Really Keith?  They killed him for saying he was God's Son, but it was a-okay with them for Jesus to be God-Worshipped right in front of them?  ???

Give it up man.  Jesus was NEVER God Worshipped at any time in any place.  Jesus taught his disciples who to worship.  

peace and love and good try,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 12 2010,12:07)
    Hi Shimmer:

The author of the gospel of John could of said: these things are witten that you might believe that Jesus is God, but he did not, he said: “that your might be believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Shimmer and Marty,

We all know “god” was a common word used to denote a “mighty one” and did not always refer to God Almighty. Paul calls Satan a “god” in 2 Cor 4:4.

And don't forget that Jehovah Himself foretold through Isaiah that Jesus would be called “mighty god”.

Thomas was calling Jesus my “mighty one”. As a disciple of Jesus, he would have known very well that Jesus was God's Son……..not God Himself. He also had just found out that God had raised Jesus, someone OTHER THAN GOD, from the dead.

My two cents…………carry on.

mike

Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 12 2010,12:41)

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 12 2010,12:07)
    Hi Shimmer:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Shimmer and Marty,

We all know “god” was a common word used to denote a “mighty one” and did not always refer to God Almighty.  Paul calls Satan a “god” in 2 Cor 4:4.

And don't forget that Jehovah Himself foretold through Isaiah that Jesus would be called “mighty god”.

Thomas was calling Jesus my “mighty one”.  As a disciple of Jesus, he would have known very well that Jesus was God's Son……..not God Himself.  He also had just found out that God had raised Jesus, someone OTHER THAN GOD, from the dead.

My two cents…………carry on.

mike

Hi Mike:

I believe that the scripture states that “his name” shall be called “mighty God” and not, he shall be called “mighty God”. There is a difference.

The scriptures are clear that there is “Only One God”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

mikeangel
    Participant

No one still has not sufficiently explained why in many places in scripture you are told to Love or worship God alone. One more time, Matt 4:10-“You shall do homage to the Lord you God, Him alone alone shall you adore.” Also when John in Revalations bent down to worship the angel giving him the visions, and the angel said “NO! Get Up! Worship God alone!” Then explain how worshiping Jesus is not wrong or change the scriptures to meet your definitions of Jesus, seeing how ya'll are all knowing and comprehend him in spite if his word. Tell me you do not worship Jesus because he is not God, for if it is like you say, it would be wrong and blasphemous. I worship Jesus. He is the first and the last, just like God. You short him out by defining him as just a man. Jesus is Lord. The Lord is God. I will tell him that to his face and he will hug me and introduce me to his father, because he said that those who honor him honor his Father too. I can't wait.My Lord and MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amen Peace-Mark

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (mikeangel @ Nov. 12 2010,13:43)
    Jesus is Lord. The Lord is God. I will tell him that to his face and he will hug me and introduce me to his father, because he said that those who honor him honor his Father too. I can't wait.

Hi Mark,

You'll probably hear this from him instead:

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

And why will you hear these words Mark?

“Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?

You must first do what Jesus says Mark.  Jesus says to worship Jehovah your God and serve Him only.  Do that and you'll be off to a good start.

peace and love,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 12 2010,13:04)
    Hi Mike:

I believe that the scripture states that “his name” shall be called “mighty God” and not, he shall be called “mighty God”.  There is a difference.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

And how does that make a difference to what was said?  He will be called mighty god or “his name” will be called mighty god.  Can you explain the difference to me?

And you are one of the people who further this “Jesus is God” crap Marty.  You do it unintentionally, but by saying there is only one who is called “god” in scripture is a flat out lie.  There are many, many “gods” mentioned in the scriptures.

There however is only one God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth.

My goodness, Jehovah calls human judges “gods”.  Paul calls Satan “god”.  Samson's dad called an angel “god”.

It is only a word that means “mighty one”.  And while there can only be one “God of gods” or “God Almighty” as only Jehovah is called, there is no way you can truthfully assert that there is only one “god” in scripture.  Jesus is a “god” Marty.  In fact, John 1:18 tells us he is the “only begotten god”.  Thomas calls him “god”.   Jehovah called him “god”.

Jesus is for sure a “mighty one”. But he is not the ONLY “Almighty One” whom he calls “my God”.

mike

Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 12 2010,14:03)

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 12 2010,13:04)
    Hi Mike:

I believe that the scripture states that “his name” shall be called “mighty God” and not, he shall be called “mighty God”.  There is a difference.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

And how does that make a difference to what was said?  He will be called mighty god or “his name” will be called mighty god.  Can you explain the difference to me?

And you are one of the people who further this “Jesus is God” crap Marty.  You do it unintentionally, but by saying there is only one who is called “god” in scripture is a flat out lie.  There are many, many “gods” mentioned in the scriptures.

There however is only one God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth.

My goodness, Jehovah calls human judges “gods”.  Paul calls Satan “god”.  Samson's dad called an angel “god”.

It is only a word that means “mighty one”.  And while there can only be one “God of gods” or “God Almighty” as only Jehovah is called, there is no way you can truthfully assert that there is only one “god” in scripture.  Jesus is a “god” Marty.  In fact, John 1:18 tells us he is the “only begotten god”.  Thomas calls him “god”.   Jehovah called him “god”.

Jesus is for sure a “mighty one”.  But he is not the ONLY “Almighty One” whom he calls “my God”.

mike

Hi Mike:

He is “the express image of God's person”. “His name” represents his character or reputation through the obedience to God's Word.

There is only “One True God”.

1 Co 8:5For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
    6But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

John 17:3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 12 2010,13:51)

Jesus is Lord. The Lord is God. I will tell him that to his face and he will hug me and introduce me to his father, because he said that those who honor him honor his Father too. I can't wait.

Hi Mark,

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

You must first do what Jesus says Mark.  Jesus says to worship Jehovah your God and serve Him only.  Do that and you'll be off to a good start.

peace and love,
    mike

You fall short of my request. Tell me you do not worship Jesus if it is like you say, Marty too.

Also the scripture you quoted IMO pertains to the individuals who would go to church and or profess belief in Jesus, know the gospel, yet fail to fulfil the main point of his teaching which is love of God AND love of others.If you study the bible cover to cover and know everything in it, it will do you no good if you have neglected to share what you have with those in need. If you win every debate on here and reduce all to silence you will have gained nothing if you have no love for the least and poorest brothers of Jesus. Scripture  to this would be Matt 25:41 “Then he will say to those on his left 'depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food …………44-When did we see you hungry…………..what you did not do for these least ones, you did not do for me. And these will go off to eternal punishment”  

Peace and Love- Mark

Baker
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Nov. 12 2010,22:41)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 12 2010,13:51)

Hi Mark,

peace and love,
    mike

You fall short of my request. Tell me you do not worship Jesus if it is like you say, Marty too.

Also the scripture you quoted IMO pertains to the individuals who would go to church and or profess belief in Jesus, know the gospel, yet fail to fulfil the main point of his teaching which is love of God AND love of others.If you study the bible cover to cover and know everything in it, it will do you no good if you have neglected to share what you have with those in need. If you win every debate on here and reduce all to silence you will have gained nothing if you have no love for the least and poorest brothers of Jesus. Scripture  to this would be Matt 25:41 “Then he will say to those on his left 'depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food …………44-When did we see you hungry…………..what you did not do for these least ones, you did not do for me. And these will go off to eternal punishment”  

Peace and Love- Mark

Mark, I know that Mike does not worship Jesus, and neither do I…There are plain Scriptures that tell us that first our Heavenly Father is above all in

Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.

Deu 4:35 Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he [is] God; [there is] none else beside him.

Deu 6:4 ¶ Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD

1Cr 8:4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that [there is] none other God but one.

And by Jesus own words in

Jhn 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Also Marty, because of these Scriptures I believe we should only worship Almighty God and not Mighty God Jesus…..also when in the Old Testament it always says LORD in capital letters emphasizing that it is Almighty God Jehovah. And in the New Testament it always says Lord and that is Mighty God Jesus….if you will second in command….Peace Irene

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 11 2010,18:42)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 12 2010,09:28)

HaHaHa Marty

WJ

Hi Keith:

In my moring prayer to my Father every day, I ask him to correct me if I am teaching anything that is not His Word or doing anything that is not His will, how about you?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Yes, I am always open to his Holy Spirit speaking to me and leading me into all truth, but I do not have to be corrected for that which I have already been shown by him as truth.

WJ

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 11 2010,18:49)
    And, WJ:

It is not my church, and Jesus stated: “Upon this Rock, I will build my church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it”.  Please show me where in the scriptures did Jesus or the Apostles teach that God is a “Trinity”, and show me also, where it says that I must believe this doctrine in order to be saved.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

If the Body of Christ is not part of you then what is? Also Jesus taught a Trinity but I know you have rejected his words in Matt 28:19 as being corrupted scripture.

He spoke of the Father and himself and the Holy Spirit as being One didn't he? That is a Trinity isn't it?

Good luck on telling your church that they should erase scripture.

WJ

Baker
    Participant

WJ One Scripture against other Scriptures like

Deu 4:35   Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he [is] God; [there is] none else beside him.  

Deu 6:4 ¶ Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD:

notice that LORD is in all capital letters, showing that He is above all in

Eph 4:6   One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.  

1Cr 8:4   As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that [there is] none other God but one.  

Jehovah God is the Almighty God while Jesus is the Mighty God….that is also why LORD and Lord is written.  To of set that Jesus is not equal with Jehovah God…

There is no trinity.  It is a man made doctrine and not if God… It was Quintus Septimus Florence Tertullian who first came up with it in the third century, and Constantine made it a law…

Peace Irene

Quote (Baker @ Nov. 12 2010,10:27)
    There is no trinity.

Irene

Does the scripture you quote contradict Jesus words in Matt 28:19?

Do you believe in the Father? Do you believe in Jesus? Do you believe in the Holy Spirit?

Do you believe they are One?

Is that three and if it is then explain to me how that is not a Trinity?

Do you believe Jesus words in Matt 28:19?

Anyways this thread is about worship and the Forefather worshipped the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 1,241 through 1,260 (of 2,142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account