Worship God the Father only?

Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 2,142 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ Sep. 09 2010,21:37)
    When you say you love cookies, does it mean you love cookies more than God?

Nope, unless you worship cookies more than you do your God.

Jesus Christ should never be worshipped as YHVH The Father.

He is the reflection of YHVH as clearly stated in the bible.

Therefore it'd be wise to worship the reflector and not the reflected.

————–

IMO I believe Jesus should be worshipped and praised for who he is…and that is The Son of God… nothing more nothing less.

————–

The next question is to ask, “what does it mean to be the son of God”

It means that Jesus is in everyway just like God.

Does that mean he is God?

it can seem so, but we are to understand that he CAME FROM the one true God that is YHVH our Father.

————–

and we are to bow to only him.

I do agree Jesus can be bowed to and worshipped…but for WHO HE IS, and not to be adored as YHVH The Father.

I also believe you can pray to Jesus and ask what you will of him, because praying to him would be praying to YHVH.

Glorifying him would be glorifying YHVH.

Loving him, would be loving YHVH…

why?

because Jesus is YHVH reflected unto creation.

To love any quality or attribute of Jesus would be to love EVERY quality or attribute of YHVH himself.

it is just important to reserve space in your brain that Jesus CAME FROM YHVH The Father and that he, YHVH, is the one true God in which all things came from… including Jesus.

Mt 11:25 At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.
    Mt 11:26 Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure

Pierre

RokkaMan
    Participant

Wow terrica, you're being a jerk for posting the same 2 bible verses on every single post.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Sep. 09 2010,09:51)
    Shimmer,
    This is very accurate. It is indeed to do with Faith. Also, when we ask in Jesus' name we are asking under no delusion – or illusion of self – (the 'selfish me') of impossible requests (E.g. In Jesus' name please make me rich; Oh, and also stop all worlds wars; and, and… please help Granny Smith to pick her apples this year without getting sour about it. The gravity of the situation was brought into stark reality when one landed on her head – if we hadn't held her down she would have bounded off into space with rocket fury – as it was we had to move her to a new town to stay with her son Isaac – a friend of Stu -pot  who Invented “the law of Attractiveness”  – why do all the ugly men get all the pulling power?)

JustAskin, I don't get that, stu-pot what ?

(It's late)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Shimmer…………..I have had many, many, many, prayers answered by Just asking Him directly. But i also know it is not wrong to ask in Jesus name either. But as You and JA have Said (TRUE FAITH) is what counts and TRUE FAITH Demands COURAGE and BOLDNESS. WE must go boldly unto the Throne of Grace to find Help in our times of Need. Some of the greatest Miracles I have seen and been part of was when i was under great stress. But A man who doubts will not believe even if GOD answered him. When i started to sincerely to prove GOD as a young man by testing Him in my life He began to show me He really existed and did hear me. I judge my self as one with out an excuse, because of the hundreds of times He directly answered my prayers. But i still sinned even though he granted me all these great things. So if i am going to be in the Kingdom it certinally will be by GRACE, not by my works because my Works were not that good and let no one be a fool God did not leave me unpunished, He severely dealt with me at times, “there is (BOTH) Goodness (AND) severity with GOD”. I have also come to see His way are best and in his judgments We can find the best way to live and be most happy, but there will also be great sorrow because (if) the love of God is shed around in your Hearts you will grieve for all men. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………..gene

shimmer
    Participant

Amen Gene ! Well said and so true,

JustAskin
    Participant

Gene,

this was very noble of you.

This sound a credible posting, if it it true.

If this were all you believe then you are blessed (But I suspect this is not all)

JustAskin
    Participant

Shimmer,

Stu (stew) pot – pot of stew; a mishmash of foods in a single pot, the meat ingredient is 'bits of meat', stewing steak – or any boilable meat (do you cook?)

Stu steak his claim on the Science in the pot: “Bit is real meat (Truth with Substance) along with 'filling' offcuts of veg and root stock, potato, yams, etc) All healthy except his pot is boiling dry and his dinner is getting burnt.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 11 2010,09:52)
    Shimmer…………..I have had many, many, many, prayers answered by Just asking Him directly. But i also know it is not wrong to ask in Jesus name either. But as You and JA have Said (TRUE FAITH) is what counts and TRUE FAITH Demands COURAGE and BOLDNESS. WE must go boldly unto the Throne of Grace to find Help in our times of Need.  Some of the greatest Miracles I have seen and been part of was when i was under great stress. But A man who doubts will not believe even if GOD answered him. When i started to sincerely to prove GOD as a young man by testing Him in my life He began to show me He really existed and did hear me. I judge my self as one with out an excuse, because of the hundreds of times He directly answered my prayers. But i still sinned even though he granted me all these great things. So if i am going to be in the Kingdom it certinally will be by GRACE, not by my works because my Works were not that good and let no one be a fool God did not leave me unpunished, He severely dealt with me at times, “there is (BOTH) Goodness (AND) severity with GOD”. I have also come to see His way are best and in his judgments We can find the best way to live and be most happy, but there will also be great sorrow because (if) the love of God is shed around in your Hearts you will grieve for all men.  IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………..gene

gene

can men test God;??
    sincerely to prove GOD as a young man by testing Him in my life He began to show me He really existed and did hear me.

WE must go boldly unto the Throne of Grace to find Help in our times of Need.
    WHERE IS THAT THRONE OF GRACE;??

But i still sinned even though he granted me all these great things. So if i am going to be in the Kingdom it certinally will be by GRACE,
    AND IF YOU WILL NOT BE IN THE KINGDOM IT WOULD BE BECAUSE YOU OVER DID IT???

Pierre

JustAskin
    Participant

Terra,

The scriptures tell us to “Test the Spirit”. This does not mean “Stress to grief point” – it means “make sure the Spirit is from who it says it from” (for there are many who will come saying “I am he!”)

You will never be dealing directly “WITH” God but with a spirit “FROM” God – so – No, you cannot 'Test God' but you can Test the Spirit that claims to be 'From God'.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Sep. 13 2010,02:02)
    Terra,

The scriptures tell us to “Test the Spirit”. This does not mean “Stress to grief point” – it means “make sure the Spirit is from who it says it from” (for there are many who will come saying “I am he!”)

You will never be dealing directly “WITH” God but with a spirit “FROM” God – so – No, you cannot 'Test God' but you can Test the Spirit that claims to be 'From God'.

hi JA

i was only responding to gene,

i agree with what you say ,but gene,does not specify this and is so misleading the audience,

the same ,were is that throne of GRACE ?i never read that .

Pierre

JustAskin
    Participant

Terra,

I wasn't really forcing any thing – just refining – many times posters stop short – post short – of truth which lays open misinterpretations later on. Mikeboll does this a lot and doesn't realise why people misunderstand his post – same with SF – he needs to be SimplyForgiven for the errors he has in his posts – forever saying “Sorry that's not what I meant – glad you spotted that – I meant …!”

It is worth “Cleaning up” these little errors before they create a whole new 'scriptural truth' (little 's') of their own.

Was there a question about “Can God be tested” – I think that was what I was responding to really.

To think many on here have an aim to run their own church – yet elementary truths fail them at every step.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca……….They sure can prove GOD by testing His words……………….READ Mal 3:10……> the word Prove there is

baw-khan'……..a primitive root; (TO TEST)especially metals<; generally and figuratively to investigate; – examine, prove,tempt, try (trial)

used 29 times……..> 8 times as try, as proved 6, as tried 4, as trieth 4, as triest 3, as examine 1, as prove 1, as tempt 1, as trial 1,

If you would spend more time searching scriptures instead of going around accusing people of thing you don't understand , you would be a lot better of. IMO

peace and love…………………………gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 17 2010,08:44)
    Terricca……….They sure can prove GOD by testing His words……………….READ Mal 3:10……> the word Prove there is

baw-khan'……..a primitive root; (TO TEST)especially metals<; generally and figuratively to investigate; – examine, prove,tempt, try (trial)

used 29 times……..> 8 times as try, as proved 6, as tried 4, as trieth 4, as triest 3, as examine 1, as prove 1, as tempt 1, as trial 1,

If you would spend more time searching scriptures instead of going around accusing people of thing you don't understand , you would be a lot better of. IMO

peace and love…………………………gene

gene

that is not what you where saying originally in your quote,but whats is there to expect from false teachers and twisters?.

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi:

Mike,
    Isn't the Almighty the God OF all creation? In the group of 'creation' we would have the God of all creation, the Lord of all creation, the men of all creation, the angels of all creation, etc.

Really Kathi? Come on now. :D Jehovah is the Creator of the sinners in this world. Is He also a part of that group? Is He a “sinner of the world”?

mike

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    He is part of them as being their creator and sustainer but He is not part of them as a fellow sinner.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Sep. 12 2010,19:02)
    Terra,

Hi JustAskin,

Here is what the verse says…

Mark 13:6 For MANY shall come in my name, saying, ‘i am’; and shall deceive many.
    And those that are DECEIVING are saying just that! (Click Here) (2Tm.3:13)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 21 2010,22:28)
    Kathi:

Mike,
    Isn't the Almighty the God OF all creation?  In the group of 'creation' we would have the God of all creation, the Lord of all creation, the men of all creation, the angels of all creation, etc.

Really Kathi?  Come on now. :D  Jehovah is the Creator of the sinners in this world.  Is He also a part of that group?  Is He a “sinner of the world”?

mike

The creator and sustainer of creation is definitely part of creation.  Creation couldn't exist without that certainly.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 22 2010,15:06)
    Mike,
    He is part of them as being their creator and sustainer but He is not part of them as a fellow sinner.

That doesn't even make sense Kathi.

I'll try to do a brief summary of our discussion so far tomorrow.

peace and love,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Kathi,

Here's what we know so far.  Scripture SPECIFICALLY says to worship Jehovah God ONLY.  It's is said many time in the OT, and Jesus quotes those same words in the NT.  You think the NT sheds light on some of what was said and done in the OT.  I couldn't agree more.  But the NT NEVER nullifies anything the OT says.  Jesus said he came not to abolish the Law and the Prophets, but to fulfill them. (Matt 5:17)  He also said:

Luke 16:17 NIV
    It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law.

Matthew 5:18 NIV
    I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Jesus seems pretty adamant that the Law is “written in stone”. And according to the Law, who are we to worship?

mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 24 2010,18:52)
    Hi Kathi,

Here's what we know so far.  Scripture SPECIFICALLY says to worship Jehovah God ONLY.  It's is said many time in the OT, and Jesus quotes those same words in the NT.  You think the NT sheds light on some of what was said and done in the OT.  I couldn't agree more.  But the NT NEVER nullifies anything the OT says.  Jesus said he came not to abolish the Law and the Prophets, but to fulfill them. (Matt 5:17)  He also said:

Luke 16:17 NIV
    It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law.

Matthew 5:18 NIV
    I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Jesus seems pretty adamant that the Law is “written in stone”.  And according to the Law, who are we to worship?

mike

Mike

Christ knew what as to come;;2Pe 3:13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.

Rev 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea

this is wen the old is done with.

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 2,142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account