Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,241 through 4,260 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Terricca,

God is in anyone that truly believe in him and that put in practice what he as peached through his prophets his Son and his son disciples (scriptures)

The Spirit is the gift of only the new covenant. Jesus sacrificed his mortal life that it would be given.

terraricca
    Participant

kw

The Spirit is the gift of only the new covenant. Jesus sacrificed his mortal life that it would be given.

this is false ;2Pe 1:21 For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

and also look at the first commandment

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…..See this is where I differ, you see i believe GOD THE FATHER WAS “ACTUALLY” PRESENT “IN” JESUS, LITERLY, HE WAS CO-HABBITING JESUS’ BODY WITH HIM, and HE can also “ACTUALLY” CO-HABBIT WITH US, SCRIPTURE SHOW GOD OWNS US COMPLETELY.

1 Cor 6:19……WHAT? Know you not that your body is the temple of the HOLY GHOST (SPIRIT) which is “in” you, which you have of GOD, AND YOU ARE NOT YOUR OWN? FOR YOU WERE BOUGHT WITH A PRICE: THEREFORE glorify GOD in your body, “and” in your spirit, which are GOD’S.”

peace and love to you and yours. …………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

I seriously doubt you are correct that God literally dwells in us as he cannot be contained even by the highest heavens. He does not have a body or anything of the like for it to dwell anywhere. He is present everywhere and always has been.

God lives by the Spirit and those the live by the Spirit do the same thing God would do in the same circumstances given he could be limited as a creature is limited. There is unimportant differences from creation to creation that are not relevant to the Spirit. For example one man may like math and another may dislike it and yet both live by the Spirit.

kerwin
    Participant

terrarica,

Do not confuse the Spirit’ role of gift giver with his role of advocate.

Jesus explicitly taught his students that if he did not go the advocate would not come.(John 16:7)

Either you believe his words or not.

He is not teaching of men given the gift of prophecy but of those that are taught to bear the fruits of the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

God was IN CHRIST  reconciling the world to Himself.

God is at work IN YOU to will and to do.

Do you seriously DOUBT these scriptures?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

God is everywhere in the sense he is all present. Being ” IN CHRIST reconciling the world to Himself” is not about his physical presence. It is about his Spiritual presence just as I told Gene.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick & Gene,

Consider that Jesus petitioned God that those believe in him would be in both God and Jesus. Those that live by the Spirit are not physically located with either as they sit on their thrones but rather they are Spiritually united with God and Jesus by the Spirit they walk by.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

God does not reside in natural men but in those reborn of and alive in His Spirit

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…..the reason, i have quoted this scripures so many times here, where GOD SPOKE DIRECTLY THROUGH JESUS’MOUTH , WAS TO SHOW GODS PRESENSE IN JESUS, IT WAS NOT JESUS WHO SAID DESTORY THIS BODY AND IN THREE DAYS I (GOD) SHALL RAISE IT UP, scripture tells us it was GOD WHO RAISED HIM UP, Jesus did not raise himself up from the grave it was the FATHER who was ABIDING in him who did. Kerwin he “really” was “in” JESUS THE COMPLETE HIM WAS DOING THE WORKS IN JESUS. JESUS CLEARLY SAID HE COULD DO “NOTNING” OF HINSELF, BUT THE FATHER WHO WAS “IN” HIM, “HE” DID THE WORKS, according to Jesus.

We are told an angel spoke to Moses out of the burning bush, but it was the LORD GOD, THAT IS SHOWN AS ACTUALLY SPEAKING RIGHT? SO WHO SPOKE? SCRIPTURE WORDS SHOW US GOD SPOKE. GOD WAS “IN” THE ANGEL IN THE BUSH SPEAKING THROUGH HIM. RIGHT? WE ARE ALSO TOLD THAT “GOD SPOKE” TO US “THROUGH” THE POPHETS, BUT IN THESE LATTER DAYS HE (GOD) “HAS SPOKEN” THROUGH A SON.

KERWIN, IT WAS NOT JESUS WHO SAID, Matt 23:37…. “Jerusalem “O” Jerusalem, you that kill the prophets and stone them which are sent unto you, how often would I (GOD, FIRST PERSON SPEAKING) have gathered your childern together , even as a hen gathers her chickens under her wings, but you would not,! That was GOD THE FATHER SPEAKING IN FIRST PERSON , THROUGH JESUS’ MOUTH.

WHILE IT IS TRUE THAT GOD IS EVER PRESENT, HE ALSO CAN BE “IN” A PERSON TO, “THAT GOD MAY BE IN “ALL” AND THROUGH “ALL”, WE ARE IN GOD AND GOD IS IN US, ALL TRUE CHILDERN OF GOD THE FATHER, ARE BEING LED BY HIM BY HIS SPIRIT, WHICH IS HIM, THE SAME AS JESUS WAS AND IS.

peace and love to you and yours. …………………..gene

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Admin.
    kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

I know the passage you speak of and I know that he was raised because he was the Son of God, as of the Spirit. (Romans 1:4) The only way he raised himself from the dead is that “he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.” (Philippians 2:8b)

terraricca
    Participant

so Jesus is not God right ? he never was God

kerwin
    Participant

Terraricca,

You are correct.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca……Thats right, the same holds with us, REMEMBER WHAT PAUL SAID, “know you not your “body” is the temple of the living GOD”? GOD LIVES VARCARIOUSELY IN AND THROUGH HIS CREATION. GOD CAN BE IN ALL and THROUGH ALL AT THE SAME TIME, BECAUSE HE IS SPIRIT. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ……………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

as I said before God is not found in any man but his law,his wisdom,his righteousness ,his holiness, his truth and so on can be found in many men around the world ,those are the ones that seek him with all their heart ,mind,soul and strength

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca……JESUS SAID “THE FATHER WAS “IN” HIM, IN FACT, HE SAID HE COULD DO “NOTHING” OF HIMSELF, BUT IT WAS THE FATHER IN HIM DOING THE “WORKS”. GOD IS SPIRIT AND CAN ACTUALLY CO-HABBAT ANYONE HE CHOSES TO. “THAT GOD MAY BE IN “ALL” AND “THROUGH” ALL. WE DID NOT CHOSE GOD, HE CHOSE US. GOD CAN SPEAK (FIRST PERSON) RIGHT THROUGH YOUR VERY OWN MOUTH. I HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS BEFORE, AND WHAT WAS SAID DID NOT COME FROM ME, But the HOLY SPIRIT. Scriptures tell us, the fullness of GOD “DWELT” IN JESUS, SO ALL OF GOD WAS INDEED “IN” JESUS’ BODY , BECAUSE IT SAY THE FULLNESS OF GOD “DWELT” IN HIM.

Mar 13:11…..” BUT WHEN THEY SHALL LEAD YOU, AND DELIEVER YOU UP, TAKE NO THOUGHT BEFOREHAND WHAT YOU SHALL SPEAK, NEITHER DO YOU PREMEDITATE: BUT WHASOEVER SHALL BE GIVEN YOU IN THAT HOUR, THAT SPEAK YOU: FOR IT IS “NOT YOU” THAT SPEAK, BUT THE HOLY GHOST (SPIRIT).

Terricca, that was why Jesus could say, he was never along, that also applies to us, GOD THE FATHER IS WITH US TO “KEEP” US, remember the prayer God gave to Moses, “THE LORD BLESS YOU AND “KEEP” YOU, THE LORD MAKE HIS FACE TO SHINE ON YOU AND BE GRACIOUS UNTO YOU, THE LORD LIFT UP HIS COUNTENANCE UPON YOU AND GIVE YOU PEACE.”

peace and love to you and yours. ……………..gene

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Admin.
    terraricca
    Participant

gene

that means that he walked with God fully accord and in his will ,he was all hearted toward God ,being full of God’s laws and wisdom does not make God being literally in you ,for how could that be ?the world it self could not contain God but one human could ? this would be wrong thinking that way

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca…….God lives vacariously in “and” through his creation. When Jesus said the Father was “IN” him he truly meant it. If you understood what spirits are and can do you would understand that. God is spirit and can actually exist “in” a person and speak through him. Jesus was not lying when he said “he could do “nothing” of himself, the Father who was “in” him and “HE” did the “WORKS”.

You are right by saying we should walk with God and seek to please him with all our hearts minds and souls, I do agree with you on that brother. But you still must remember, that it is God the Father who “WORKS” “IN” US BOTH TO WILL AND DO OF “HIS” GOOD PLEASURE? we can’t forget that Terricca.

peace and love to you and yours…………..gene

Tony M
    Participant

@kerwin

This was my thinking that first got me to question the trinity.  If Jesus was God then how could he have been tempted by Satan because no matter what test Satan brought against him there would be no way that he could’ve given in to temptation. That would make it no actual test at all.

Proclaimer
    Participant

@miia

But it leaves me now wondering – is Jesus God? I know most here will say ‘no’ and so would I have months ago. But there’s only one God right? I am only seeing Jesus atm (with my heart mind and soul).

Jesus does not need to be God to be awesome. The son of God is the greatest glory of God that we can see.

2 Corinthians 4:6
    For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.

To say that Jesus is the Christ and the son of the living God is not demeaning in any way. We do not need to make him God to give him some kind of legitimacy.

God is invisible and is Spirit. Jesus Christ is the image of that invisible God. His God is our God.

God also talks through messengers and primarily through his son.

How awesome is that?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,241 through 4,260 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account