Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,201 through 4,220 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    Miia
    Participant

Nick,

Jesus is the Son of David, as for his body. In other words biologically or genetically.
    He is the Son of God, as of the Spirit, In other words spiritually.

The later is greater than the former.

Agree Kerwin

kerwin
    Participant

Miia,

We are to worship God by living according to the Spirit and not the flesh because God is love and his worshipers will worship him with the fruits of the Spirit which are Love and Truth.

The Spirit is received through faith that Jesus is the Anointed of God and that God will give it to those whose belief in Jesus is shown by the fruit of their obedience and belief in the teaching of his Anointed. We know that the source of Jesus’ words are not himself but are God’s.

kerwin
    Participant

Miaa,

In other words God desires compassion and not sacrifice. We are live for God as Jesus lived for God and not for himself.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Miia…..2Ths2, is talking about a single and specific person, it was given in a prophetic sense, and was talking about a specific MAN SITTING the temple of GOD ,IT IS NOT TALKING ABOUT MANKIND IN A GENERAL SENSE.

FACT IS THERE IS NO ACTUAL PERSON BEING MENTIONED THERE AT ALL, BUT A “LIE” ABOUT A SPECIFIC PERSON, and that LIE is about JESUS BEING A GOD. There is no way those scriptures could fit anyone else but Jesus himself. This false “IMAGE” OF JESUS BEING A GOD, WILL CONTINUE TO EXIST, UNTILL JESUS HIMSELF COME AND ABOLISHES IT WITH HIS OWN MOUTH. Just as it says.

That lie about Jesus being a GOD IS IDOLATRY, AND IT ALSO TURNS THE “IMAGE” OF JESUS INTO a man of sin, “the son of predition”. It is the very working of SATAN himself designed to “SPERATE” JESUS’ IDENITY FROM THE REST OF HUMANITY, all who believe Jesus is a GOD HAVE BEEN DELUDED BY GOD TO BELIEVE THIS “LIE”. We must learn to love the truth, and the truth is Jesus is not a GOD, NEVER WAS ANS NEVER WILL BE EITHER. THIS “MYSTERY OF INIQUITY” (lawlessness) WORKS IN ALL Those who are parishing, just as it says.

Blessed are those who understand this.

peace and love to you and yours. …………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

Does your blessing apply also to those who believe intellect is spirit?

Miia
    Participant

BTW Gene, I’m not saying I agree with everything the guy is saying in that link (L Ray Smith), just that he has some good points. I am not 100% certain who the man of sin or beast is, or even if they are related. But, the man of sin is definitely NOT Jesus Christ. Whatever gave you that idea? Where did you read it? Think back Gene.

If you take a new and close look at the man of sin in 2nd Thess; it is talking about lawlessness and a falling away. Why do we need another person to cause that when it is happening already?

Jesus is our SAVIOR.

Luke 2:11
    for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

Acts 4:12
    “And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”

John 4:42
    and they were saying to the woman, “It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, for we have heard for ourselves and know that this One is indeed the Savior of the world.”

1 John 4:14
    We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

How could you then take a chapter of Paul and insert in his words that Jesus being made into a god is the man of sin/ son of perdition when he is the savior of the world? Rethink your ideas, Gene, imo.

Miia
    Participant

Miia,

We are to worship God by living according to the Spirit and not the flesh because God is love and his worshipers will worship him with the fruits of the Spirit which are Love and Truth.

The Spirit is received through faith that Jesus is the Anointed of God and that God will give it to those whose belief in Jesus is shown by the fruit of their obedience and belief in the teaching of his Anointed. We know that the source of Jesus’ words are not himself but are God’s.

Those are good words that I was looking for thanks Kerwin.

So worshiping God is living according to the spirit (which means giving up sin and the things of the flesh), and then with that, worshiping God occurs with the fruits of the spirit which are Love and Truth in spirit.

In other words God desires compassion and not sacrifice. We are live for God as Jesus lived for God and not for himself.

So what do you think it means by “I desire compassion not sacrifice”? Could it mean God wants us to have compassion on him as the creator and compassion also towards other people. What does it mean by “not sacrifice”?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Miia……I am not a follower of L. RAY SMITH, though i have read and agree with some of his material, but not all. I do not know his stand on 2 Ths 2, and where did you ever get the idea, i am saying that it “IS” the “REAL” Jesus from? What i said is the it is a “FALSE” “IMAGE” OF OF THE REAL JESUS BEING A “GOD”, WHICH TURNS OUR “IMAGE” OF JESUS INTO A MAN OF SIN,

THERE IS NO “REAL” SON OF PREDITION, 2Ths 2, IS NOT TALKING ABOUT A “REAL” PERSON, BUT A “LIE” ABOUT A REAL PERSON, AND THAT REAL PERSON THE “LIE” IS ABOUT, IS JESUS, WHO WILL ABOLISH THAT “LIE” ABOUT HIMSELF BEING A GOD, WHEN HE RETURNS, BY HIS OWN MOUTH.

He that has an ear to hear let him hear.

peace and love to you and yours. ……………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

NICK…..YES it dose Nick, and SPIRITS ARE INTELLECTS OF VARIOUS TYPES AND KINDS. SORRY YOU DON’T BELIEVE GOD WHO IS SPIRIT IS INTELLEGENT,AND CAN GIVE TO US AND JESUS SOME OF HIS INTELLECTS ALSO BY GIVING US some of his HIS SPIRIT, like the intellect or light, to know the truth when we hear it, which you seem to lack.

peace and love to you and yours. …………….gene

kerwin
    Participant

Miia,

There were those that make sacrifice of animals and other things but did not seek to love as God loves. Jesus speaks of those that gave a 10th of their income but not their heart. In short sacrifice is a pattern of the outward show of worshiping God.

Ed J
    Participant

So what do you think it means by “I desire compassion not sacrifice”? Could it mean God wants us to have compassion on him as the creator and compassion also towards other people. What does it mean by “not sacrifice”?

Hi Miia,

Here is what the verse actually says…

(Hosea 6:6) “I desired mercy, and not sacrifice;
    and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings”

You can have compassion on someone without doing anything, however “Mercy” is a judicial action.
    What God is saying is: it is better to not do wrong than to acknowledge it and try to make amends.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

Jesus quotes the verse in Matthew a couple of times and uses different sentence structure from your quote.

Ed J
    Participant

Ed,
    Jesus quotes the verse in Matthew a couple of times and uses different sentence structure from your quote.

What point are you trying to make, Kerwin?

“For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings” (Hosea 6:6)

“But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I
    am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.” (Matt 9:13)

“But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice,
    ye would not have condemned the guiltless.” (Matthew 12:7)

Is not Jesus also saying “it is better not to do wrong than to acknowledge it and try to make amends?”

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Kerwin,

Studying the bible is like understanding “optics”. When focusing in on detail
    the larger field of view becomes out of focus. That’s why Jesus used the words…

“strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel” (ref. Matt 23:24)

The Pharisees lost sight of the bigger picture in their zeal to strain at detail.
    And because of this they lost the main thrust of God’s message in the process.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

God wants us to have His heart and to behave as He behaves.

He wants love to take the first place and let the rules be seen as only signposts for fools.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

Is not Jesus also saying “it is better not to do wrong than to acknowledge it and try to make amends?”

Rather he is teaching us God wants us to love as he loves and not just in religious forms, such as sacrifice is. Jesus speaks of such when he tells certain people to give their hearts as well as tithes and offerings and Paul also addresses it when he speaks that do certain religious acts but have not love.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

The whole law is summed up as love.

Ed J
    Participant

Ed,

Rather he is teaching us God wants us to love as he loves and not just in religious forms, such as sacrifice is. Jesus speaks of such when he tells certain people to give their hearts as well as tithes and offerings and Paul also addresses it when he speaks that do certain religious acts but have not love.

Hi Kerwin,

Are you or agreeing or disagreeing? Telling us the means of how we avoid doing wrong, like our spiritual re-birth,
    and doing Good because we love does in no-way change the truth of what I said. Did you somehow think it did?

kerwin
    Participant

EdJ,

I am disagreeing with your though “it is better not to do wrong than to acknowledge it and try to make amends?” is true in its own right it is just not expressed in those words. Instead Jesus was teaching the Pharisees that they were washing the outside of the dish and not the inside of it but performing religious forms without loving their neighbor as their friend. His words also hinted that they should know better than to do what they were doing.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Admin.
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Within the cup of man is ”sin in the flesh”.

All the religious behaviours of men cannot cleanse themselves inwardly.

Those the Son sets free are free indeed.

Viewing 20 posts - 4,201 through 4,220 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account